PDA

View Full Version : Moving to California

drfftn
07-26-2008, 05:20 PM
I'll be moving to California in mid September from GA. I've been wondering if I would get pulled over and get a ticket for my car being modified. I have a S13 hatch with a RB20 in it some basic upgrades done to it. My muffler is large also I have a Apxi N1 that has a 4.5in tip. Sorry if this is a repost of some sort I searched but I didn't find anything similar to my situation. I'll be keeping my GA license and insurance too but I'll be living with some family thats in San Jose.

pr0ject TRUENO
07-26-2008, 05:23 PM
where in san jose

some cops dont care

california is like cop central in most parts

they'll pull you over if you have mods

blackrms13
07-26-2008, 05:26 PM
try keeping ur car registered in GA, technically its not legal...but usually cops wont care as much about out of state cars when u get pulled over

TiNMAN
07-26-2008, 05:51 PM
ughhh tight! youre comin to the bay.

if you dont drive like an idiot you wont get pulled over. buuuuttt there are bored cops out there that will give you shit sometimes. its hit or miss.

drfftn
07-27-2008, 01:47 AM
where in san jose

some cops dont care

california is like cop central in most parts

they'll pull you over if you have mods

I'll be in West San Jose I've been told close to Cupertino. I don't really see how I would get ticketed for having mods done to my car when its registered in a different state and insurance under my ga address and still having a GA license and all.

pink godzila
07-27-2008, 02:54 AM
Will as long you stay in NorCal that is all good!!

SoCal Bhooooooo!!! but still there are cool cops out there as long you don't drive stupid for sure they wont do anything nor care about a GA car in Cal place.

DataXUnknown
07-27-2008, 03:09 AM
Brea police fucking suck ass...they get bored of their own city so they come to anaheim and pull people over. I swear...I really don't like them.

Villa Park police...they are chill as fuck...always let my buddies go with a verbal warning lol.

Thats all I have to say about socal...I guess the rest of the cities are pretty strict...just drive following the law. I got pulled over 3 times in costa mesa/newport beach for not having plates (due to just buying the car with WA plates) and each cop had me pop my hood. I had a Apexi N1 exhaust and thats it.

wakdady
07-27-2008, 10:10 AM
i cruised with AZ plates for the longest time and never had any probs. except when it comes time to emission again or safety inspection. in which case you gotta drive all the way back to get it done. and you need a valid address in GA to keep things going.
unless of course you get hassled by the same cops, then they'll notice and you'll be ticketed for some infraction.
are you getting an CA license? if so, they might put a hole in GA license. luckily when i gave my AZ license to the CA dmv, they just gave it right back w/ out punching a hole in it. not to mention AZ license are good for like 30 years or something.

krzy
07-28-2008, 09:50 AM
I'll be in West San Jose I've been told close to Cupertino.

Hi! I lived in West San Jose for over 12 years. Stevens Creek Blvd & Lawrence Expressway to be exact. I now live in San Diego. During the time I was in San Jose/Cupertino, I didn't have much trouble with the cops. There's a female cop that cruises up and down Stevens Creek Blvd. Mostly just patrolling around because of all the car dealerships there.

When it comes to Cupertino, you're dealing with Sheriffs. I say be careful of those guys. Cupertino is a small, quiet town so play it safe, obey street laws and you will be fine. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.