PDA

View Full Version : cropping in Photoshop

s13silady
12-25-2002, 04:11 PM
how do you photoshop gurus crop so clean??? is there a secret?
i know a well amount about photoshop, but only in making banners and other stuff like that..

240 2NR
12-25-2002, 11:26 PM
Um two croping choices I know of. One is the crop tool (right click over the rectangular selection icon, it's the black tool looking one that says crop). The other is to adjust the image or canvas size (under the image menu). This seems to easy though, I'm guessing you had something else in mind when you asked the question, if not, I hope that helped.

s13silady
12-26-2002, 01:49 AM
yah but i was just wondering how you people do it soooo clean??? is there a way to do it that way?

240 2NR
01-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by s13silady
yah but i was just wondering how you people do it soooo clean??? is there a way to do it that way?

What do you mean by clean? I'm starting to think you are asking about clipping an image from one source and inserting it into another. Like clipping some wheels and ereasing the background and inserting them into another picture.

The key is really being patient and understanding what needs to be done. Generally a quick general clip will work and then go back and clean up the edges while zoomed in. Often times a color filter will work for choosing a color range to select or delete. Feather is a great tool as well for fading your edges. Rotate, stretch, etc are good too for getting the shape to appear right (like matching the angle of the wheel on a car). Really the best advice I can give you is to watch someone else do it, or experiment a lot. I've found more tools by accident once I got the general feel for the program than I ever "learned." At the same time I have begun to find things by feel. I sort of understand the leayout and even if I have never used a tool before I have begun to figure out where it's likely to be. Also remember that there are several right answers for each solution in photoshop.