PDA

View Full Version : In need of some advice from fellow zilvians

suislide91
07-17-2008, 08:16 PM
So i bought my first 240 in january, absolutely in love with the car. my pride and joy all my time and money goes to it. Since i have owned the car for a total of 6 months i have had the car for about 2 months. it runs terribly and always breaks down. i had it checked by a mechanic i have a blown valve cover, i leak at least a quart of oil every time i shut off the car, antifreeze leaks out etc etc etc. i shouldnt even be driving it its a time bomb waiting to blow. to sum it up the whole engine is screwed. problem is im leaving for bootcamp in 2 months, what do i do? sell it, garage it. fix it? im currently driving a rental. im just looking for advice it would be greatly appreciated.

flip3d
07-17-2008, 08:18 PM
change the valve cover gasket and leave it at your moms house.

lflkajfj12123
07-17-2008, 08:33 PM
sell it cut your losses

you can find a better one when you get out of boot camp

spoolandslide
07-17-2008, 08:35 PM
when you get done with that you should have a big stack of cash to buy something fully built

mRclARK1
07-17-2008, 08:41 PM
So i bought my first 240 in january, absolutely in love with the car. my pride and joy all my time and money goes to it. Since i have owned the car for a total of 6 months i have had the car for about 2 months. it runs terribly and always breaks down. i had it checked by a mechanic i have a blown valve cover, i leak at least a quart of oil every time i shut off the car, antifreeze leaks out etc etc etc. i shouldnt even be driving it its a time bomb waiting to blow. to sum it up the whole engine is screwed. problem is im leaving for bootcamp in 2 months, what do i do? sell it, garage it. fix it? im currently driving a rental. im just looking for advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Do what I did.

Put it up for sale and leave someone you trust responsible for selling it if it doesn't go before you leave, and if it doesn't sell at all just deal with it when you got time, and either fix it or sell it yourself and get a better one. I sold it.

Vision Garage
07-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Yea what McClark said! Its really good advice! Unless you have no friends like at least one of our members!!

sxe
07-17-2008, 09:43 PM
either keep it due to the fact you love it, but you could also sell it as is, have extra cash in your pocket, when you get outa boot camp with your paycheck go buy a very nice no problem 240. depends on how much it means to you though.

my .02

raz0rbladez909
07-17-2008, 10:16 PM
if its already paid for and its not doing any harm at home then keep it, after boot you should have around 1000 or more in your bank account, depending on the length of time your bootcamp is first paycheck will go to all your initial uniform issue. if you love it as much as you say you do and the car is good other than the engine just toss a newer engine in there or rebuild or pay to have it rebuilt. then you don't have to worry about selling it and then searching for another when you get back. all 240's will have one problem or another, the newest one you will find will be at least 10 years old.

miravete
07-17-2008, 11:06 PM
take it to boot camp with you....work that 240 into shape.. teeeeen hut.

suislide91
07-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Wow everybody thank you very much, deepend my insight a bit. appreciate the advice really do =D

deadpirate
07-18-2008, 02:47 AM
i will buy it off u for like..800 bucks

suislide91
07-18-2008, 02:51 AM
i might actually consider that, gimme a few weeks

DreamN
07-18-2008, 02:51 AM
what year is it? I might be interested in it as well :D

suislide91
07-18-2008, 02:54 AM
91 coupe. red. hmmm a few mods, koyo rad (altima fan), espeller springs, borla exhuast, enkei rims. i dont leave for bootcamp until september 30th but im seriously considering selling

DreamN
07-18-2008, 03:02 AM
why not just swap out the engine? seems to be the only thing wrong with the car. dual cams are cheap and the swap is straight forward.

suislide91
07-18-2008, 03:05 AM
very true, but i lack time and effort at this point. it "runs" but hmm question is for how long, only 140xxx on the odometer. previous owner trashed the hell out of it