PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Engagement problem

wyteboichris
07-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Finally the swap is complete. I've bench bled the master cylinder twice, bled the slave cylinder 3 times and the pedal is firm and feels like a new clutch should. The MC rod is also pushed out all the way.

When the car is off the gears change fine, once the car is started, every gear is VERY difficult to go in and I have to slam it into reverse or it may grind. I'm stumped on what the problem may be. The only thing I can think is the rod for the MC needs to be lengthend.

Any ideas that you guys may have would be greatly appreciated. THanks guys!

projectRDM
07-17-2008, 02:10 PM
S13 MC? The rod is too short for an S14 unless it's fully extended, leaving no room for adjustment.

wyteboichris
07-17-2008, 07:50 PM
It should all be s14 parts, bought an entire kit that came with "OEM" replacement stuff. The pedal sits about half an inch back from the brake pedal so it should about right to my knowledge. I've bled the system multiple times- changed tranny fluid...i just don't know what to do next. I've seen people have the similar problem but nothing seemed to work yet.

fliprayzin240sx
07-17-2008, 09:09 PM
What clutch are you running? Also you dont have the dampening box hooked up do you?

wyteboichris
07-19-2008, 03:29 PM
RPS street sport clutch w/ pressure plate. no dampening box, stainless steal braided line from MC to SC. Still can't figure it out though...f'n pissin me off.

let5l1de
08-08-2008, 12:49 PM
wyteboichris (http://zilvia.net/f/members/wyteboichris.html) what ever came out of the hung up clutch engagement situation? Im curious to understand why people have problems like this. There are quite a bit of variables, in a clutch sytems, such as T.O. brg (improper install), pressure plate (improper torque and pattern) master cylander/slave bore size, rod lengths and fluids.

And for the record, its not just any 1 brand that this happens to. All brands and most single or dual diaphram types have experinced similar problems.

let us know what happned or what the fix was in your situation!

spartanmisfit
08-13-2008, 06:17 PM
oops, I have the same problem and made a thread but I havn't changed anything it just happend last night and got worse and this morning didnt work. It's an s13 though