PDA

View Full Version : Can you cancel an EBay bid?

whateverjames
12-22-2002, 09:39 PM
damnit damnit. does anyone know if you can cancel or retract an ebay bid? i've never done used ebay before, i bidded on the wrong thing (wrong model) and i tried searching on their website and i couldn't find anything. i'm the only bidder. do you think i should contact the seller and tell him to give me the right item? i don't know if it would be considered fraud or not :confused:

EDIT: (james actually thinks for a second)
maaaybe, maaaaaybe someone else will BID on the item. :o

SR20Fastback
12-22-2002, 10:00 PM
If you go to the bid history of the item you can retract it, so long as there is more than 24 hours left of bidding.

whateverjames
12-22-2002, 10:14 PM
14 hours left. d'oh! :eek: i went ahead and sent an email to the seller. i figured it would be better to tell him now than when/if i actually win the bid. oh well. no big deal.

-aishiteru-
12-22-2002, 11:41 PM
If you win the bid and you decide to cancel, it will give you bad feedback and ruin your ebay record.

ridebmx
12-23-2002, 12:56 PM
if there is a problem like that u can just sometimes give the person like 20 bucks and call it good, and then they just repost it, ive heard of people doing that, and then they just give u good feed back and vice versa...i mean if its a 400 dollar item, whats 20 bucks

whateverjames
12-23-2002, 08:24 PM
i won the bid. $25 item :( but thanks for the tips on cancelling, i'll remember them next time this happens.
live and learn :D
they were white faced reverse indiglo gauges for my other car. i picked the wrong model. they won't be hard to sell. i knew i should have gotten the electric turbo instead. :rolleyes: