PDA

View Full Version : just quit my stupid theatre job!!! = )

240Degrees
12-21-2002, 01:03 AM
well i quit my stupid concessionist job. they wanted me to work on christmas eve and christmas day. so i told them i wanted to quit. i didnt even want to negotiate it... that job's such bull****. so anyways, at least i worked there long enough to get my coilovers :rolleyes:

what do u think is a good job for me? i graduated high school and im currently taking my second semester at community college. id like a job in the day that i can work just in the weekdays after school between 12-20 hours/week. u think that kind of availability would still attract employers?

FRpilot
12-21-2002, 02:56 AM
hahahaha.. my little brother has the same job as you.. i keep tellin him to quit that ****ty ass job.. the theatre is lik some big giant company for illegal aliens and bums.. but he keeps stayin there.. i know he can get a better job even though hes still in hs..

negular
12-21-2002, 11:01 AM
dress like a bum and ask for money on the streets... you'll make more cash by just standing around with a sign. :D

240Degrees
12-21-2002, 02:02 PM
haha thanks negular, but i think ill pick up sidewalk breakdancing before i beg for money.

and seriously, regal is such a HUGE company. i told my manager that the reason they keep on hiring new employees is so that they dont have to treat the existing ones decently. in other words, i'm very expendable. plus its a whole lot of standing and dealing with customer after customer all for $6.75. Screw that, id rather go to my family party and get money from all my uncles and aunties. beats time and a half id earn from working 11-5 that day. :p

logo20
12-22-2002, 12:20 PM
Get a job in an auto part store. I've been working for autozone for about a month now, and I like it. I'm learning more about cars, but the payment sucks.

logo20
12-22-2002, 12:28 PM
and I forgot to say I get 20% discount (oil, spark plugs, antifreeze isn't included).

240Degrees
12-22-2002, 02:45 PM
thats cool. but i don't know THAT much about cars, really. how are the hours like? i basically only know how to change my oil, install a cd deck, and might be able to install springs and shocks by myself(my cousin showed me how to install my coilovers). I don't know how much that would help me at autozone. is it pretty much just like working retail?

SimpleS14
12-22-2002, 03:20 PM
Yes it is....

You can try out Home Depot, that's where I work and the pay is not bad.

Note: I'm young(19) and in college also.

bobafett
02-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Home Depot can be a good place to work, but only if you milk the system, i work my last two days at home depot today and tomorrow, I'm quitting since I got a better job.

here are some things about home depot.
u have to negotiate as high of a wage as u can, because you will get anything from .10-.40 raises every year...
dont take a "department head" position, they only give you .75-1.00 and you are there BITCH.

and number 1, if you go to home depot, MAKE SURE U GET THE TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, thast the only reason i stayed there 2 years. they will pay you up to %50 or $5000 in a year, whichever is less, but my school costs a lot ,so i had collect $1250 checks every 3 months! ;)

but the BS factor is high at home depot, and especially high at my store... it can be a great opportunity for students though. just dont count on good raises, and dont count on making it a career, the "good old days" of home depot are over.

SimpleS14
02-04-2005, 10:47 AM
wow...this thread is sooooooo old

WhiteNissanS13
02-04-2005, 10:59 AM
which theatre did you work at? edwards 18? did you drive a red s14 with hellla clean headlights?

sr240mike
02-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Its Forum etiquette to revive old relevent threads than to start a new one. A cell phone store would be a good place to work after school, commission rocks.

DocTaDrifT
02-04-2005, 12:40 PM
wow this must be the record for oldest bump

Var
02-04-2005, 01:00 PM
i get to quit my stupid smog job soon and take over my uncle's business.

Overall i just dislike jobs where you have to run around for a customer with no profit for yourself.

Examples..

Job-Starbucks
Position-Barista. You have to bust ass and make coffee for customers and you make like 25 bucks a week in tips

Job-Big 5 Sporting Goods.
Position-Cashier/Sales Floor/stockroom. The stockroom was the best cause you work at your own pace instead of the customer's pace

Job - A1 Smog Center
Position - Smog Tech/Manager sometimes
Another job where you have to jump for a customer..

Next Job--Millbrae Auto Repair Center
Position - Owner
I will be happy to jump through hoops for people as long as I am the one profiting from it. If I slack, I lose money. If i work hard, I make money. I dont have to take shit from customers unless I feel it's in my best interest. And most of the time i'll be behind the desk in the office. I would also like to eventually turn it into a performance oriented shop.

Phlip
02-04-2005, 05:23 PM
You should beat up and abduct one of those previously mentionjed bums, cut out their kidneys and sell them on the black market... We ALL see bums all the time, and with the economy where it is, I don't forsee the possibility of running out of them anytime soon

wingsnthangs
02-04-2005, 06:15 PM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=68584

Ghettokracker71
02-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Circuit City,bitch! Stand around all day and post on Zilvia getting paid to do it!