PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hate this vB bull ****?

Nismo240SX
12-18-2002, 08:55 PM
well, to be honest with you... i am very disappointed how the forums got converted to this. not being mean, but... spending 35 hours to turn the forum into this was a waiste of time in my perspective. everything loads slow, looks like a rip-off of the old one. anyone else think it was poitless to make the forum crappy? theres a good saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it." and another thing, anyone else finding themselves just getting use to the old style from the last time we changed? well, i guess its life. can't win em all.

SimpleS14
12-18-2002, 09:02 PM
No I don't hate it...BTW why post this here?

I started a thread where you can post you opinion....IN THE OFF-TOPIC SECTION!! :D (j/m)

here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20141

negular
12-18-2002, 09:03 PM
I think its ok, just takes time to get used to it... plus, I like being a junkie better than just a member. :cool: but yeah... lock it!

Nismos14
12-18-2002, 09:16 PM
I like it alot, its much faster for me at least and it looks better easier to browse through the forums and what not.

tnord
12-18-2002, 09:17 PM
loads slow?? that's odd, everything is 10x faster for me:confused:

xLSTONEx
12-18-2002, 09:25 PM
I like it a lot. It is a whole lot faster and looks better. Vbulletin is one of the best forum boards you can get. The only thing I don't like I covers up cuss words. That pisses me off, but maybe he can change that.

whateverjames
12-18-2002, 09:25 PM
i don't see anything but good things going on here. before, it really sucked paying more money for a cable modem only to access the forums like i had a 28.8k modem...on a bad day...while downloading. now it just flys for me.

X-Iceman
12-18-2002, 09:45 PM
Ya the speed thing, so wrong. I could get up, get a sandwich, take a crap, load up a cd, decide to change a cd, then go take a piss, back down for a beer, and come back n just sit down to see it load. :rolleyes:

kanekz
12-18-2002, 10:31 PM
One thing that does suck is I lost my prcious PM's that contained so many contacts, numbers, links, and info that I collected over the time I've been here :(

SilviaDriver
12-18-2002, 10:43 PM
the thing i hate about it is

1. smiles suck ass
2. theres no sub title no more like the first one did
3. in the beginning it says last posted by "name" but doesnt show wat thread it was posted in

besides those, its fine with me.:)

CoasTek240
12-18-2002, 10:58 PM
i like the old forum better.. but this one is way faster.. i alwaysa have a prob with cliking "post neW thread" instead of "reply" b/c they are switched.. but oh well.
And the smileys sucks..over all it's way better

\i'm still pissed i lost liek 200 posts though

S13Grl
12-19-2002, 12:04 AM
When we converted to the new style of Ikonboard, all you guys complained about how you didn't like it for months on end. This version is much better for many reasons. Nothing you all don't know. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but it's all for the better. Cheer up! :) Yeah, it sucks that we lost a bunch of info, but we're getting more back in return :). Happy posting!

gschroeder78
12-19-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by S13Grl
When we converted to the new style of Ikonboard, all you guys complained about how you didn't like it for months on end. This version is much better for many reasons. Nothing you all don't know. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but it's all for the better. Cheer up! :) Yeah, it sucks that we lost a bunch of info, but we're getting more back in return :). Happy posting!

Exactly what I was going to say. Besides how hard is it really, to figure out a different board? We may have lost a little bit of info but look how much we didn't lose.

S13Grl- Have you always been in Denver?

Garrett

tnord
12-19-2002, 12:37 AM
hey, yeah, wtf you doin outa chicago?

camppain
12-19-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by whateverjames
i don't see anything but good things going on here. before, it really sucked paying more money for a cable modem only to access the forums like i had a 28.8k modem...on a bad day...while downloading. now it just flys for me.

agreed! would take a minute for the pages and topics to load.

you must be smoking crack man

ca18guy
12-19-2002, 04:42 AM
I like it, loads a crap load faster and SEARCH WORKS.

S13Grl
12-19-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by gschroeder78
Exactly what I was going to say. Besides how hard is it really, to figure out a different board? We may have lost a little bit of info but look how much we didn't lose.

S13Grl- Have you always been in Denver?

Garrett

Nope! Just moved not too long ago :).

Thank you guys for agreeing with me!

ridebmx
12-19-2002, 11:01 AM
i like the new board, loads a million times faster for me, but there is one complaint, can u turn the email notification for permently, instead of having to click it each and every time when u post

S13Grl
12-19-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ridebmx
i like the new board, loads a million times faster for me, but there is one complaint, can u turn the email notification for permently, instead of having to click it each and every time when u post

Yup! If you click "UserCP" right underneath our advertisers' banner, and then click Edit Options, you will find a field in there that will take the email notifications off.

camppain
12-19-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by S13Grl
Nope! Just moved not too long ago :).

Thank you guys for agreeing with me!

and why didnt you say bye to me you siberian crack baby goat herder!

S13Grl
12-19-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by camppain
and why didnt you say bye to me you siberian crack baby goat herder!

Oh shut up, we stopped by and said bye. Liar...

Nismo240SX
12-19-2002, 08:32 PM
well, the first night the new forum loaded slow as piss, but now, it loads faster... when i posted it. it too forever to have it posted. and a comment to S13Grl... yeah. when we changed to Ikonboard... we complained. so wouldn't you guys be smart enough to figure out that we wouldn't want another pointless change? my advice now is, LEAVE IT LIKE THIS FROM NOW ON! even though half of us want IKONBOARD back. is it just me, or is this style seem ricey? haha. had to throw the rice joke in.

tnord
12-19-2002, 08:38 PM
somebody lock this.

a ricey forum.......gimme a break.

West
12-19-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Nismo240SX
well, the first night the new forum loaded slow as piss, but now, it loads faster... when i posted it. it too forever to have it posted. and a comment to S13Grl... yeah. when we changed to Ikonboard... we complained. so wouldn't you guys be smart enough to figure out that we wouldn't want another pointless change? my advice now is, LEAVE IT LIKE THIS FROM NOW ON! even though half of us want IKONBOARD back. is it just me, or is this style seem ricey? haha. had to throw the rice joke in.

Are you still listening to 8 Tracks? Wait, nm your most likely still in high school, so I guess it might be tapes for you. Since you know everything I suggest you build your own forum, and NEVER upgrade it. It will work well for you. Obviously you know nothing about forum software. Maybe you noticed when you first logged on to vB that the forum was still converting and might have seemed slow, must have been the end of the world for you. So quit complaining, the Moderators and I put ALOT of time in this site for nothing, so please learn to be more appreciative.

Grant
12-20-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Nismo240SX

Mark encountered a lot of problems with the old programs. It may look better but by no means did it work any better. Not i was not a pointless change. The Ikonboard software had too many glitches.

Not trying to be a dick, but if you don't like the forum, then leave.