PDA

View Full Version : 41mpg sr20 240sx?? Hydrogen Hybrid

ATLspeed
07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
so yea i was doing my daily surfing of the tube and seen the title "41mpg Nissan 240sx sr20det hydrogen hho hydroxy fuel saver" and decided to look at it for laughs and giggles. but is this actually possible?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1_8C4ft0IXI

BustedS13
07-01-2008, 04:35 PM
is that a mason jar? very high tech.

HyperTek
07-01-2008, 04:50 PM
for some reason i call BS

I dont see how that is possible?? maybe water injection. Your best bet to be different is put a diesal motor in and just run straight veggie oil

BustedS13
07-01-2008, 04:51 PM
these guys clame they convert water to "HHO" gas, and then inject this gas into your fuel line, iirc. all with the technology of "mason jars n tubes n shit".

ATLspeed
07-01-2008, 04:54 PM
^^ right lol the jar could have at least been more "high tec" looking

ESmorz
07-01-2008, 04:59 PM
^^ right lol the jar could have at least been more "high tec" looking

Seriously.

Form over function any day.

:2f2f:

vvtisupra
07-01-2008, 05:01 PM
that stuff is legit. When i was getting my car smogged, some guy came in to get his sniffer tested. He had it on one of those saturn sc1 or whatever. He also made his own piggy back switcvh thing that would allow him to run lean on freeways. He said he was averaging about 50 mpg freeway and street

l8nightjay
07-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah I've been doing my fair share of surfing and hho seems legit, if you do it proper like. since I'm running a turbo, I dont wanna lean it out to much, or run the hho through the mafs and have the car just dump in more gas. any one out here brave enough to try it out?

jsasrsr
07-07-2008, 03:58 PM
if i ever went for a fuel saving swap, i would take one of those mercedes AMG C30 Turbodiesels.... 40+mg bitches and more torque than any one person could take!

upstate240
07-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Yes it's real. It is my car :-)

I drive this car daily. I have been a 240 nut since 98 and can assure that what you see in that video is all that I am using to to reach 41mpg. More testing will be done soon as I believe I can squeeze more out of it.

My sr loves the hydrogen and you can feel the power increase when you drive heavy on the throttle.

Some dyno testing will come eventually as I want to test the power adding capability of the hydrogen in a turbo gasoline environment.

At this moment these systems are common in diesel turbos... the gasoline turbo information is far less plentiful. There are not many of us researching the effects of hydrogen in our turbo gasoline engines.

Glad some of you have an interest in my back yard research. I encourage you to all tinker around with it if you are curious. Build it yourself or pick up a generator from me. Either way it is worth learning more about.

In this device function follows form. People like to see their hydrogen being made... and the jars are extremely durable in this high heat environment.

I figure it's the best of both worlds... I have boost for fun drives AND a fuel saver all in one vehicle. lol

My 16 year old 4x4 pathfinder also runs on hydrogen... it gets EPA rated highway mileage.... in the city. :-)

If ya have any questions just holla...
~Jason

Rayne
07-16-2008, 02:12 AM
these guys clame they convert water to "HHO" gas, and then inject this gas into your fuel line, iirc. all with the technology of "mason jars n tubes n shit".

You seriously have your facts wrong, unless you can prove your statement with a web link.

Of all the research I have done on HHO generators systems the hydrogen has been added and mixed in with the air coming through the intake after the mass air flow sensor, but near the throttle plate.

Akiros
07-16-2008, 02:59 AM

I drive this car daily. I have been a 240 nut since 98 and can assure that what you see in that video is all that I am using to to reach 41mpg. More testing will be done soon as I believe I can squeeze more out of it.

My sr loves the hydrogen and you can feel the power increase when you drive heavy on the throttle.

Some dyno testing will come eventually as I want to test the power adding capability of the hydrogen in a turbo gasoline environment.

At this moment these systems are common in diesel turbos... the gasoline turbo information is far less plentiful. There are not many of us researching the effects of hydrogen in our turbo gasoline engines.

Glad some of you have an interest in my back yard research. I encourage you to all tinker around with it if you are curious. Build it yourself or pick up a generator from me. Either way it is worth learning more about.

In this device function follows form. People like to see their hydrogen being made... and the jars are extremely durable in this high heat environment.

I figure it's the best of both worlds... I have boost for fun drives AND a fuel saver all in one vehicle. lol

My 16 year old 4x4 pathfinder also runs on hydrogen... it gets EPA rated highway mileage.... in the city. :-)

~Jason

writeup ftmfw ?

edit: This seems like a super easy install, I wonder how well it works? GTO + cam/tune/headers + HHO = 450whp @ 30mpg ? hells yeah.

battlescar
07-16-2008, 03:12 AM
really interesting. can we see some pics.

BustedS13
07-16-2008, 10:41 AM
You seriously have your facts wrong, unless you can prove your statement with a web link.

Of all the research I have done on HHO generators systems the hydrogen has been added and mixed in with the air coming through the intake after the mass air flow sensor, but near the throttle plate.

that doesn't change the fact that this is horseshit. sorry i got the horseshit a little off.

awesomenick
07-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I haven't done much research at all. But I've heard from some friends of mine that have done some, and they think it sounds legit too. I would be all for trying it out... once I knew more about it.

What are you using to take away fuel when HHO (or whatever it is) is added to the mixture. If I'm thinking right, it would just run rich if you didn't have any control of gasoline. If the system was more dependent on the oxygen sensor, it would make more sense.. but even then, HHO probably has a different stoichiometric ratio, and wouldn't act the same as gasoline.

blueshark123
07-16-2008, 11:01 AM

~Jason

how much will a kit cost me if i wanted to buy one from u

S14DB
07-16-2008, 11:07 AM
How do you tune this?

DUFFM4N
07-16-2008, 11:13 AM
How do you tune this?

http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/direct/dbimage/50306952/4pc_Hose_Nozzle_Set.jpg

but really, how are you producing the hydrogen? through electrolysis? if so, what are you using for the anode and cathode??

awesomenick
07-16-2008, 11:53 AM
ROFL. This video is awesome. Haha. What were they thinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-1wVDkK6mU

Obviously it's combustible. But how much can be made from a reasonable amount of water?

aznpoopy
07-16-2008, 12:23 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_fuel_enhancement

old news

the main misconception is that the hydrogen is being burned as a supplement to gasoline. that's not how it works at all.

the hydrogen somehow changes the dynamics of combustion and enables much leaner a/f ratios than before. that's how you save gas, and that's why you do not need alot of hydrogen. it's possible to get that little bit from on the spot electrolysis.

fromxtor
07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
I am interested in doing this to my Titan.

S14DB
07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_fuel_enhancement

old news

the main misconception is that the hydrogen is being burned as a supplement to gasoline. that's not how it works at all.

the hydrogen somehow changes the dynamics of combustion and enables much leaner a/f ratios than before. that's how you save gas, and that's why you do not need alot of hydrogen. it's possible to get that little bit from on the spot electrolysis.
Hydrogen fuel enhancement from electrolysis of water can produce fuel efficiency improvements on the order of 4% and similar modest reductions in emissions, and is currently in use in Canada.

Engine Control

ECU or carburetor modifications are required to establish lean or ultra lean burn engine conditions.

Wow, all that work for 4%

upstate240
07-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Sorry it took me a few days to get back... for those interested this info is free all over the net, just google "hho" or "hydrogen booster". There are many hydrogen generator designs out there and a lot to learn. Even though I sell this stuff... I encourage people to build their own if they are DIY kind of folks. We all can use this stuff.

I will have more videos of the hydrogen SR up soon. With more info and details so you guys can see how things are set up. I gotta get her washed up and detailed before hand. lol She is a dirty daily driver. I even install these systems right out of my s13. :-)

Blushark: Check out hydrohybrids.net all you need is our ecocell 2 generator.

In this car what you see is what you get. I have installed one single ecocell 2 hydrogen booster. No tuning... No ecu controls... None of my lean out devices that I build and sell worldwide... Nothing... JUST HHO.

I believe these results will even increase as I keep playing with the set up. To be honest I was really surprised to see these results myself! After many many miles the results are holding true.

I also believe that with most turbo vehicles, they are already running very rich as it is for safety. The hydrogen in an N/A car will clean the fuel burn so much that the O2 sensor thinks it is too lean and will tell the ECU to go full rich. Hydrogen allows the gasoline to burn more completely, delivering more power and less wasted gasoline out of your exhaust.

It seems that since turbos are already very rich, the hydrogen brings the exhaust oxygen content to normal level... not below. Therefore I am not currently needing to do any leaning of the fuel.

I intend to add a second booster eventually...

With that in mind I think the same will apply to all the nissan families... RB engines... CA engines... So if you RB guys are feelin it at the pump start breathing hydrogen!

I will not lean the fuel mix any until I get a wideband o2 sensor installed for keeping an eye on what is really happening.

I have no intention of doing any damage to my beloved SR. lol

28mpg highway is my starting number before hydrogen.
41mpg is my current hwy mpg with hydrogen alone.
The REAL WORLD math is a whopping 46% increase not 4%

And it isn't really a lot of work... lol... it is really quite simple.

Out of 10 gallons of gas on the highway I used to get a solid 280 miles. Going highway speeds (65-70mph) and shifting just barely into boost. No grandpa driving. lol

Now I get 410 miles out of 10 gallons... same driving style.

How much hydrogen from water? The accepted ratio is 1:1800 water to hydrogen. It is amazing expansion. I dump out the water about once a month.. over that time it uses about 35% of the volume of water.

Keep in mind guys that I'm an old school 240 nut. I have been driving this s13 since about 2002... I personally swapped in the SR about 2 years ago in my back yard using the SR Faq at heavy throttle. I remember when those guys were bringing in their first containers of SRs. lol damn I'm gettin old...

I may be one of the only people in the world trying to take a world class tuner engine and make it do dual duty... sport car / economy ride

As far as I know this s13 is currently the highest MPG 240sx in the USA... And it still kicks ass on the boost as there is no de-tuning at all. In fact, on boost it is even more explosive than stock. More complete fuel burn equals more power.

As usual I wrote a friggin book... this is why I keep off the forums... I'm long winded. lol

fromxtor
07-23-2008, 07:50 PM
PM me what I would need to do this to my Titan, it sucks how little I drive it these days.

murda-c
07-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Not that anyone who owns a 240sx cares, but what does this do to emissions?

upstate240
07-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Not that anyone who owns a 240sx cares, but what does this do to emissions?

Cleans up emission. :-)

By allowing more complete combustion it helps clean things up. Fast AND "green". lol

Not that it matter to most tuners...

aziankingz
07-31-2008, 10:54 AM
how much would it cost for this setup? sounds pretty interesting..

BustedS13
07-31-2008, 10:56 AM
this is still a load of shit

aziankingz
07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
ive seen it on the news a few months ago with a saturn though...

upstate240
07-31-2008, 12:42 PM
For those that were wanting a closer look... here it is. The entire system is shown in this video so you can clearly see how things work.

This stuff is simple guys. For those wanting more info just check out my website. I prefer to keep business off of the forums.

YouTube - Closer look: 41 mpg hydrogen turbo 240sx nissan water4gas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMjrXqmimZY)

Enjoy the closer look... warning... my engine bay is dirty... lol

mehsilvia
07-31-2008, 01:18 PM
this is still a load of shit

Seriously, if you havent seen it function, how are you calling bullshit?

A good friend of mine is a fucking nut-case. He is crazy about shit like this and did massive research. Diesel is the most common comercialized application and its widely used on Big-rigs. Fuel economy and emmisions are improved on average 40+ %. But it also depends on how much HHO you run.

He has this system now installed on his motorhome and is seeing an immediate increase in performance and is averaging 28mpg from the 9mpg without the system. But he constantly monitors the fuel cells to watch the amperage and "stuff". I say stuff because I myself dont entirely understand how it all works. And with the improved combustion of the HHO, it actualy cleans the motor by burning off residue and unburned fuel, again = fuel economy and emissions. % will vary by engine and the size or number of cells.

The system itself is basic, but plumbing, monitoring, and adjustments tend to cause most to not consider doing it. The Fuel cells themselves can be purchased as "kits" but you still have a lot of work to get the system installed, and of course guages, valves, etc . . . are highly recommended.

Do the research, this is more common than you think.

I just wish i knew more about it myself, and one day ill get into it.

Lucient
10-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Any updates on this? Did anyone else try it?

svensko
10-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah, i got a 300% MPG increase in my 240sx. It is a hybrid that now runs on gasoline and horse shit. :hyper:

bardabe
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
it works, im redisigning my container for the frontier.

irax
10-21-2008, 09:16 AM

YOU need to do your research again.

YouTube - Hydrogen Generator Saves 20% - 90% Fuel and Increases Power (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJBQUM52dhw&feature=related)

With water and an electrolyte typically sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide

They leave a phone number under the video info with website, of course they are trying to sell something. But the alternating current between the plates create a reaction that causes the molecules to change from H2O to dynamic HHO.

sub9lulu
10-21-2008, 09:18 AM
um ... interesting concept