PDA

View Full Version : drain gas tank

r34 gtr
12-11-2002, 04:24 PM
i just swapped a ca18det in my s13 and i need to drain the gas tank cuz the junk in there is probably not good enough fr my lawn mower, let alone an engine that it looks like im gonna have to fill up at the airport. i was wonderin what you guys do to drain it, and if there is anything special i need to do to drain it. by the way, i did a search and our lovely search engine cane up with nothing. thanks in advance!
                                   - tim

Mazakin
12-11-2002, 06:29 PM
They have hand pumps at auto stores like Kragen or auto-zone.  I was thinking about emptying my tank aswell, the gas has been in the tank for months. I heard somewhere that there is a chemical agen that revitalizes the gas that has been in the tank for too long, does anyone know if that is true?  

A.

Jeff240sx
12-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Yea.  They make a gasoline stabilizer and sell it just about everywhere (walmart, kmart).  
Also, for draining a tank... jack up one side of your car (lift side opposite gas tank door.)  Then, get either a marine priming hose (just has a priming squeezable bulb to create vaccuum,) and connect that to a long tube.  Siphon it.
If you don't wanna use a priming bulb, suck the tube, and stop before the gas comes out.  You'll get plenty high doing that, too.
-Jeff

r34 gtr
12-11-2002, 09:02 PM
ok, thanks, i was thinking about siphoning it out, but ill go check those other ways too, thanks a lot.

adey
12-13-2002, 02:18 AM
Hmmm, is there any way that we can get any junk/shit/dirt out of the bottom of our tanks? I think it would be good to get whatever rocks/sand/crap that are at the bottom of my tank out... who knows where the last owner took the car and what kind of gas they put in!
Thanks-