PDA

View Full Version : just wanna vent

theronin
06-22-2008, 08:04 PM
driving home from a great day of drinking and lying by the pool with some ladies, hear a hiss start to smell gas. watch as my gas gauge goes from 3/4 full to empty in a matter of seconds, limp into a gas station, pop my hood... ruptured line from fuel filter to my fuel rail.... thankfully i have awesome friends who could drive me to kragen. the cool guys there gave me the tubing for free. by my calculations i lost about 60+ bucks worth of gas. GODDAMNIT!

/end rant

ThatGuy
06-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm glad the fuel didn't find a way to ignite. You could've been out a lot more than $60. :bow:

Glad you got it fixed.

theronin
06-22-2008, 08:11 PM
yes, i know im lucky. still is irritating though.

brndck
06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
how the hell did you dump 3/4 of a tank in seconds? do u have like a 10 gpm fuel pump?

mRclARK1
06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
So you lost about a gallon?

jk.

Glad you're ok.

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-22-2008, 08:40 PM
I was at work when someone vandalized my car when I was parked. Cost me a lot more than $60. And to this day, I don't know who did it and why they did it. Just a random act

Thursday
06-22-2008, 09:06 PM
i was at warped tour in sf yesterday.

jumping around to Story of the year, lost my wallet.

300 bucks cash and all my stuff.

edit. woohoo 300th post and + rep for your troubles

murda-c
06-22-2008, 09:07 PM
yes, i know im lucky. still is irritating though.

lucky people don't have fuel lines rupture.

They win a free tank of gas from radio promotions.

Howard92884
06-22-2008, 09:15 PM

Ouch that sucks bro, cancel them credit cards!

Farzam
06-22-2008, 09:27 PM
I've got a small crack in my fuel line

I know your pain

OperationSr20
06-22-2008, 10:17 PM
60? I'm in Chicago where wehave the highest prices and its 52 to fill te tank. Regardless, happy you're ok. I haea funny story about aflaming burlap sac and a fuel leak, but I won't jack ur thread.

ayuaddict
06-23-2008, 01:42 AM
thats impossible...

$50 gets me to about 3/4 full on 87. yea EIGHT SEVENNNNNNN.

so with 91 its easily $60, if not more...

azndoc
06-23-2008, 01:52 AM
hey at least some of you guys aren't in Cali.

Its estimated that Cali drivers lose $3.5 million dollars per day in gas for the rising temperature due to gasoline expanding when high in heat.

So we're not getting the exact gallon that we're paying for.

just1pepsi
06-23-2008, 06:35 AM

Gotta have a chain wallet when you are around all those *Punks* -- hehe. I'd usually end up losing a shoe back in the day and just a little blood - things were a little bit more Hardcore then. Better cancel them cards though.

MADE
06-23-2008, 06:54 AM
driving home from a great day of drinking and lying by the pool with some ladies,
/end rant

:confused: How was the lemonade?

Oh sorry about the gas.

ESmorz
06-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Gotta have a chain wallet when you are around all those *Punks* -- hehe. I'd usually end up losing a shoe back in the day and just a little blood - things were a little bit more Hardcore then. Better cancel them cards though.

Warped... was never... hardcore...

:keke:

just1pepsi
06-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Warped... was never... hardcore...

:keke:
oh, I wasnt referring to the warped tour, I was just talking about shows in general.

ESmorz
06-23-2008, 07:29 AM
oh, I wasnt referring to the warped tour, I was just talking about shows in general.

Ok good lol

:drama:

just1pepsi
06-23-2008, 07:47 AM
*off, off topic* -not really "hardcore" - but I went to this Pantera show once, and in the parking lot everyone was getting "prepared" I saw this one guy take a huge vial of crank, shot it right up.. later he was going completely ape-shit in the pit. I dont think anyone left without serious damage including myself.. I was completely exhausted, and my knuckles were bruised/bleeding, I had a black eye and several body bruises.

kyoru
06-23-2008, 08:11 AM
$60 is nothing compared to what could have happened :D

S13SilviaGirl
06-23-2008, 09:20 AM
hey at least some of you guys aren't in Cali.

Its estimated that Cali drivers lose $3.5 million dollars per day in gas for the rising temperature due to gasoline expanding when high in heat.

So we're not getting the exact gallon that we're paying for.

That is why you fill up earrrrrrrrrrrrly in the morning and I dont like mornings....why the hell am I up at 8am?:rant2:

azndoc
06-23-2008, 11:25 AM
That is why you fill up earrrrrrrrrrrrly in the morning and I dont like mornings....why the hell am I up at 8am?:rant2:

Oh and they also said that a lot of times it doesn't make a difference that you fill up in the morning when it's cold because the gas are underground in tanks that are kept warm anyways.

In Canada they said that the gas stations there have a computer system that automatically changes the rates of the gas depending on the temperature.

But the gas stations here won't upgrade to that computer system because it costs too much.

Guess how much per station?

$12-$15,000 and that's it.

They don't care about us consumers. Even if it's the right thing to do, they won't do it.

Fuck.

IIIXziuR
06-23-2008, 11:30 AM
^See the gas companies are smart, they know how to F us over but they make sure they save and get each and every penny from us!

murda-c
06-23-2008, 11:35 AM
$12-$15,000 is a lot of money when gas stations making less and less profits.

mRclARK1
06-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh and they also said that a lot of times it doesn't make a difference that you fill up in the morning when it's cold because the gas are underground in tanks that are kept warm anyways.

In Canada they said that the gas stations there have a computer system that automatically changes the rates of the gas depending on the temperature.

But the gas stations here won't upgrade to that computer system because it costs too much.

Guess how much per station?

$12-$15,000 and that's it.

They don't care about us consumers. Even if it's the right thing to do, they won't do it.

Fuck.

Yeah most pumps here say "Fuel is volume corrected to X degrees" Which is good, it actually gets pretty hot here in the summer, contrary to popular belief. It can hit 100+ the really odd day.

Today it's only 3 degrees colder then los angeles here, and it's an avg. temp day. Not really hot out.

Just in January you'd practically light yourself on fire to feel warm...

azndoc
06-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah most pumps here say "Fuel is volume corrected to X degrees" Which is good, it actually gets pretty hot here in the summer, contrary to popular belief. It can hit 100+ the really odd day.

Today it's only 3 degrees colder then los angeles here, and it's an avg. temp day. Not really hot out.

Just in January you'd practically light yourself on fire to feel warm...

The only time to be actually proud of Canada.

Fuck I'm jealous.

You bastard.