PDA

View Full Version : Heat exhaustion

gerson408
06-21-2008, 09:25 PM
has any one had this before i had to leave work today because of this GLOBAL WARMING IS TAKING ITS TOLL!!!!! AHH!!

YoungGun
06-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Come on, drink water and it wont happen.

gerson408
06-21-2008, 09:37 PM
was drinking plenty of that im a bag boy at luckys lol i was pushing carts in the hot ass sun man i drank a rockstar and hella water and i just crashed when i got home

origin_s135
06-21-2008, 10:07 PM
at least you get to bag inside a air-conditioned building. today, i was driving around in a car that has no A/C to vacaville, antioch, pittsburg, pinole, richmond, and berkeley. now i'm back, and feeling better after a shower. i drank a lot of water today, definately helped me throughout the whole day.

Gnnr
06-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Wearing a hat to block the sun helps

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/extremeheat/heat_guide.asp

gerson408
06-21-2008, 10:26 PM
we cant wear hats its not the dress code we have to wear aprin a button up shirt and tie and the building ac sucks and half the time we doing carts so yeah try pushing 10 carts in the hot ass sun

revat619
06-21-2008, 10:29 PM
you have to wear a tie while pushing carts? WTF?

Gnnr
06-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Are you sure its not in the dress code. People that work in the meatlocker usually wear hats. And I bet there are legal ways around it, doctors note etc..

revat619
06-21-2008, 10:33 PM
all i know is, if i had to wear a tie to work, i would not be pushing some damn carts.

WERDdabuilder
06-21-2008, 10:35 PM
camel pack son...get it.

JayDee M Rolly
06-21-2008, 10:38 PM
just an FYI, energy drinks dehydrate you.

ms!3
06-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Do you always drink water, or did you just down a gallon that day? Need to drink water all the time. 6-8 glasses a day. Especially as outside job like that.

90KAcoupe
06-21-2008, 10:44 PM
i dont wanna hear pushing carts out side and shit.. i work at valvoline instant oil change.. and im under cars in a pit all day and its atleast 115 degrees.. but i recommend a shaved head.. and drinking water.. and nothing but water. also try to get some good sleep and eating alot of vegies and stuff. remember fruits and vegies have more energy then any meats.

SoguRacing
06-21-2008, 10:48 PM
i had it a while back..well like 10 years ago. right before a baseball game i had ramen noodles and went straight to my game around 3pm and it must have been 100 plus with crazy humidity. anyways, half way through the game i felt dizzy and faint and threw up. look like worms lol. felt like shit the rest of the day.

UNISA JECS
06-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Fuck that in the Marine I humped all the damn time with 85lbs on my back in 100+ degree weather like it wasn;t shit, I could still do it today at 32 years old like I was when I was 18 you just gotta stayed hydrated so you dont catch the silver bullet (inside humor for military peeps), if your piss is anything but crystal clear in color you need to drink more water and lay off the energy drinks not good.

Sil-Abc
06-21-2008, 11:36 PM
was drinking plenty of that im a bag boy at luckys lol i was pushing carts in the hot ass sun man i drank a rockstar and hella water and i just crashed when i got home

a rockstar is full of sugar thats y u crashed. Drink water and not those damn energy drinks plus u dont make enough to have luxuries like rockstar or redbull haha

C. Senor
06-22-2008, 03:53 AM
yeah i work outside all day being a porter. just drink water all day long and wear a hat. i'm a big dude and sweat the whole time even if i'm just standing there breathing...lol. so just to beat the dead horse a little more....drink a lot of water the whole day.

GSXRJJordan
06-22-2008, 04:02 AM
... so you dont catch the silver bullet...

Lol I haven't heard that term in a while man lol. Never seen anyone get the bullet in da butt but I've heard about it.

Working the flight deck on a carrier, heat exhaustion/heat stroke can kill you. It was always a big deal to stay hydrated, and just like everyone says, sodas and energy drinks will bring you down.

gerson408
06-22-2008, 10:24 AM
just an FYI, energy drinks dehydrate you.

dude i think thats what happend man i had a rockstar before work i think thats what happend i got bad dehydration

gerson408
06-22-2008, 10:26 AM
a rockstar is full of sugar thats y u crashed. Drink water and not those damn energy drinks plus u dont make enough to have luxuries like rockstar or redbull haha

i dont make enough only 116 a check each week and im a big guy 195 pounds

90hatchie
06-22-2008, 10:34 AM
i have to load 4 ups trucks for 4 hours a day
no breaks constantly rushing around
120 degrees in warehouse
they make us drink a bottel of water every 5 min WHILE loading trucks
and ive been trying to get fired for a few weeks and all it resulted in was a 50 cent raise

gerson408
06-22-2008, 10:50 AM
im actually gonna be applying for ups man im 18 now dont need to be bagging for nobody rite now lol

ThatGuy
06-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Hydration needs to be done the night before, not during the high heat conditions.

Also, room temperature water will hydrate you faster than cold water. Cold water has to be heated by the body first, i.e. burning calories and using more of the energy your body is losing due to working in the heat.

"Hydrate or Die"

90hatchie
06-22-2008, 11:24 AM
im actually gonna be applying for ups man im 18 now dont need to be bagging for nobody rite now lol

you will regret it....
i do
if you still wanna apply
apply AFTER christmas
OH and pay isnt great at all
i come out with 167 a week 170 if im lucky
and benifits dont kick in till ur their for 6 months
its not worth getting up at 3am for

Gnnr
06-22-2008, 01:00 PM
^What he said. I should know I work there and I'm trying to leave. And if you get a position that pays good there your trapped for life.

j6250
06-22-2008, 02:03 PM
oh great, I was planning on applying there on Tues. But mainly for the tuition assistance programs. For hot days, nothings better than gatorade and water especially if you're in the sun.

silpena
06-22-2008, 02:40 PM
i rin upto 2 gallons a day and rockstars do not dehydrate you. They may make u crash(Not the carb free one) becuase due to all the suger causing an insulin spike and rapidly dropping. Of course drinking a rockstar will keep u hydrated all day..... pushing carts is nothing i used to work all summer in the fields picking peaches with my dad from 6 in the morning to about 4 in the after noon in the 105 cali weather. Carrying 60-80 pounds and having ur whole faces and body covered doesn't make it any easier. The only advice i can say is drink about a quart of water before u sleep with u are the coolest then drink another in the morning since ur body will use the water to clean out toxins and make sure to stick a gallon of water or more in the freezer so by the time you need the water it will be ice cold. Pissing clear or dimish is ideal and eating small meals along every 2-3 hour's helps too. It also won't hurt to go to the gym or work out in the summer heat to help ur body adapt with the heat. Lose fat and control your internal core temperature will help also. I eat food to make me get hotter in the summer to increase my core temperature which increases my metabolism.

silviaguy240
06-22-2008, 04:12 PM
you will regret it....
i do
if you still wanna apply
apply AFTER christmas
OH and pay isnt great at all
i come out with 167 a week 170 if im lucky
and benifits dont kick in till ur their for 6 months
its not worth getting up at 3am for

umm how much do you get paid hourly? from my under standing the one by my house its like 10-12 an hour and you work 3am-9am.

90hatchie
06-22-2008, 04:19 PM
9.50 an hour when u start
yet the most preloaders will get is 10 dollars
and u work 4 hours a day 430am -830
yet my location's clock dosnt start till 4 50 so were working 20 min each morning with no pay....

SexPanda
06-22-2008, 04:32 PM
The heat exhausts me too. I work in what is essentially a giant metal box. No AC, no fans (fucking customers broke them) and the roof is PAINTED BLACK!!!! Tell me, what the fuck is that? The thermometer in here reaches 110. It broke. Our new one got to 121. Hella hot man.

8 to 10 hours a day. All the water you can drink, but you can never drink enough.

ESmorz
06-22-2008, 05:28 PM

Holy shit.

They still have lucky's?

Gnnr
06-22-2008, 06:57 PM
oh great, I was planning on applying there on Tues. But mainly for the tuition assistance programs. For hot days, nothings better than gatorade and water especially if you're in the sun.

The health benefits are great, you wont find many PT jobs with that kind of benefit. and I lost ALOT of weight (40lbs). So if you think about it as a workout, you're getting paid to go to the gym. hehe. I suggest you go for the tour to check it out, but you can make more somewhere else for less work (maybe not so great on benefits though). There are a bunch of jobs with tuition reimbursement I believe Coca-Cola does it as well.

/thread jack

iwishiwas-all*
06-22-2008, 08:07 PM
has any one had this before i had to leave work today because of this GLOBAL WARMING IS TAKING ITS TOLL!!!!! AHH!!

grow some balls, or maybe exercise a bit lay of the mc d's and it wont phase u

silviaguy240
06-22-2008, 09:32 PM
btw are you like 5'5 198? just lose weight, dont blame the supposed "global warming" for heat exaustion if you are fat.

BOROSUN
06-22-2008, 11:57 PM
fat or not...if your a heat casualty. you should watch out , let your boss and coworkers know your a heat casualty.

if your not...
feeling sign of faint
light headedness
headache
dehydrated /dry mouth
stop what your doing. let your boss/coworker your not feeling well.
rest and drink h2o. cause once your a heat casualty your more susceptible.

downshift_sideways
06-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I work construction.

Im outside all day in the hot sun. It just hit 102* at the job site.

and I gotta dig holes to rebuild a deck and its foundation.

Drink water...stay hydrated and dont over work yourself.

ESmorz
06-23-2008, 12:12 AM
http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/beverages/waters/images/Fiji_water_1.jpg

and some

http://thechaly.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/man_on_treadmill.jpg

^When it cools down of course. The more your body can take to begin with the better. Cardio is awesome.

gerson408
06-23-2008, 09:22 AM
grow some balls, or maybe exercise a bit lay of the mc d's and it wont phase u

i do workout man what are yout talking about man i curl 70 pounds on a daily bassis run for 30 mins at the gym and bench like 170

gerson408
06-23-2008, 09:24 AM
fat or not...if your a heat casualty. you should watch out , let your boss and coworkers know your a heat casualty.

if your not...
feeling sign of faint
light headedness
headache
dehydrated /dry mouth
stop what your doing. let your boss/coworker your not feeling well.
rest and drink h2o. cause once your a heat casualty your more susceptible.

i had the dry mouth felt sick and headache told my front end manager and he said im not feeling well either i was like ok then he said go ask the other manager so i go and he says go sit in the milkbox for 5 mins and i do and not feeling anybetter so i just clocked out and left

silviaguy240
06-23-2008, 09:41 AM
i do workout man what are yout talking about man i curl 70 pounds on a daily bassis run for 30 mins at the gym and bench like 170

then you shouldnt get heat exhaustion from pushing some carts around, unless you drink 0 water. right now i wear darkgrey/dark blue uniform, tshirt and pants, i work in 110º shop during the summer busting my ass cleaning cars that i only have about an hour to detail, and i used to work at a drug store before wearing pants and a polo, would have to unload a truck for 2 hours in a 100º+ stock room then re arange totes that weigh 50lbs each, and rearange the shelves in the back, and always the top one which was about 15ft off the ground and around 120º. never once got heat exhaustion, and i dont workout and am not exactly in good shape either. so you gotta be doing something wrong there. because at my last job i was ~230-240lbs, now im like 200.

just1pepsi
06-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Drink water only and regularly - Energy drinks packed with sugar/caffeine are not a good idea. Hydration takes time, so stay away from sugary/caffeinated drinks all together, it will make your job easier (you wont be as tired) and you'll feel better in general. If you get sick while doing your job, stop. Its not worth it to injure yourself permanently. It has nothing to do with weight either.

My uncle had a heat stroke (after you get heat exhaustion, dehyration) and he cannot deal w/ heat at all.

theicecreamdan
06-23-2008, 11:42 AM
wtf who tries to get fired from a job?

Grow up and quit. Unemployment is for suckers.

just1pepsi
06-23-2008, 11:54 AM
when i got fired, I had no idea I could have gotten unemployment.. I sure missed out back in the day. :D

silpena
06-23-2008, 01:52 PM
curl 70 on a daily basis and bench 170??? thats not working out man that is bad form and throwing the weight around. A good way to hurt your self. My only advice is change your workout to accommodate with ur lack or anaerobic stamina. again caffeine does not straight dehydrate you..... i would tell you take creatine mono hydrate to help you push those carts around and keep some more fluids in your muscles but i know someone will say it ruins ur kidneys or dehydrates you. Fact it doesn't. Only idiots do that...

gerson408
06-23-2008, 01:53 PM
just face it everyone we hate to work lol

silpena
06-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Thast why we all have to pitch in into a lotto like a group buy and split it. YOu can't go wrong with those.

gerson408
06-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Thast why we all have to pitch in into a lotto like a group buy and split it. YOu can't go wrong with those.

wait a minute some one explain what a group buy is?? if it means we all pitch in and we all get a share of what we are buying im all in on group buys

gerson408
06-23-2008, 05:27 PM
what is group buy??

SexPanda
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
a group of people agree to all buy the same thing. Manufactuers, or retailers, sell the product at lower prices for group buys. The people in group buys get a good deal, and the sellers still make a killing because they make up fro lost profit from individual pricing in volume. Its like this.

It costs a store 35 cents for a soda.

5 people buy a soda for 50 cents each. store makes 75 cents profit.

1000 people buy sodas for 40 cents each. Those people save 10 cents, but the store makes 50.00 bucks profit.

gerson408
06-23-2008, 05:57 PM
so how is a group buy better im confused

jskateborders
06-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Come on, drink water and it wont happen.
Ok, so I guess this is sorta relevant, some hobo comes up to me while im working on my car and is like can I get a ride, I think Im getting heat stroke, so Im like well, my cars not drivableright now, but you can have my water. So he took on drink and hes like its hot, and tossed it. Fuckin stupid hobo.

qwikspool
06-23-2008, 06:24 PM

what the hell
you could only bench press 170!!!!
but you curl 70 pounds
you bull shitting
i weight 195 and i bench press 235, 3 sets of 10
i curl 45lbs, 3 sets of 10
i take protein and creatin
and i run 6 miles a week.
there's something wrong with your workout.

anyways drink plenty of water and add some sports drink(gatorade)
get enough rest

silpena
06-23-2008, 06:38 PM
thats what i said....... i wiegh currently 205 at 12% body fat and can only bench well i don't bench really i know my max is like 235 or something. I perfer dumbells. ON that my max is like 1st set warm up with 35 pounds then 2nd warm up set with 45's/60x14/65x12/80x9/80x7 i never really max out i hate going lower than 5 reps unless i'm bulking. Its funny becuase i look bigger than most guys who bench like 285 or the 300 club.

gerson408
06-23-2008, 07:00 PM
what the hell
but you curl 70 pounds
you bull shitting

get enough rest

there is something wrong with my workout being that I DONT GO EVERY DAY!!!!!

gerson408
06-23-2008, 07:02 PM
what the hell
but you curl 70 pounds
you bull shitting

get enough rest

corection 70 pound bar as for freewieghts i can do 35

silpena
06-23-2008, 07:15 PM
so ur using the 45 pound bar(assuming thats the one) and like 12 1/w on each side? or the smaller 20 pound bar? oh wait nm ur talking about the bars with the preset set weights. I thought mean the barbell.

gerson408
06-23-2008, 09:03 PM
??? do i type that bad??

silpena
06-23-2008, 09:17 PM
no just was confused what u meant. It popped in my about those straight bars with the wieghts on them allready. I thought u said u were using a 70 barbell which does not exist but bars with wieghts on them yeah.

gerson408
06-23-2008, 10:23 PM
oh yeah like they got a bar at my gym that weighs 70 pounds it starts from 10 to 110 i do 4 sets of 8 on 70 and for benching i do 3 sets of 15 on 170 im not going for strength im going for endurance man

iwishiwas-all*
06-23-2008, 10:37 PM
well im guessing he preacher curls (barbell) 70 lbs because if he was using dumbbells his body would be horribly out of proportion..... (probably still is) and how bout we have a bench press/ flex my e penis competition for who is the strongest since everyone is throwing these numbers around..... 275 2 reps last set today bo ya. i think my max is gonna be close to 315..... 6-2 240 boo ya

silpena
06-24-2008, 02:25 AM
what the hell?? barbell prechure curl 70 pounds? hello no. YOu cannot cheat on those. If u are omg then u shouldn't be doing them since they isolate you inner bicep head. Doing regular curls is not gonna throw off ur body porportion. Idk what the hell ur talking about. this was never a compition. I don;t throw numbers around. I don't go for endurance or strength more like in the middle. I'm a body builder and workout to build a well portional body with matching strength and endurance. \gerson keep on pumping and if u want to build endurance i would recommend u stay in the 10-14 rep range and keep your rest periods low to keep ur metabolism high. You should hit up mma training styles. They work on endurance. My friend did it for awhile then he went to regular body building training.

again regualr dumb bell curls do not throw odd ur body's figure. Not woring ur triceps and every other muscle equaly does. Work on ur weaks point to build a perfect body.... holy crap i have lot of spelling errors.. oh well. If anyone needs tips or advice or just wanna talk about training and nutrition just pm me.

theicecreamdan
06-24-2008, 09:22 AM
LOL @ Popeye.

Oh yeah, to the OP it sounds like you don't have heat exhaustion. More like heat tired. Suck it up.

gerson408
06-24-2008, 11:37 AM
what has this thread tuRNED INTO!! FIRST IT WAS HEAT EXHAUSTION TO WEIGHT LIFTING

silpena
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
:o yup idk how but it did. Just basicly what i was trying to say energy drink don't directly dehydrate you, just drink alot of water(2 gallons a day) and that maybe just helping out on ur training to help deal with the stress from your job.

gerson408
06-24-2008, 10:42 PM
im tired if my job its so boring doing the same every day

gerson408
06-25-2008, 10:51 AM
any one happen to know/???

90hatchie
06-25-2008, 11:05 AM
get a job at ups
u will hate ur life in a matter of seconds

gerson408
06-25-2008, 11:30 AM
my brother works there hes got a deskjob i think managment hes making good money and gets saturdays andsunday off thats good enough for me

ClutchKick.N.dowNshifT
06-25-2008, 12:21 PM

we cant wear hats its not the dress code we have to wear aprin a button up shirt and tie and the building ac sucks and half the time we doing carts so yeah try pushing 10 carts in the hot ass sun

ARE YOU FOR REALS HELLO

1.Stay hydrated
2.Don't drink energy drinks when its hot that's even worst
3.Since your a bag boy im guessing you work at a super market like Vons or Stater Brothers so just go into the refrigerator where they have the milk and stuff and just sit there and cool down easy as that

BOROSUN
06-25-2008, 12:33 PM
and dont drink icey cold water.

room temperature water is what you suppose to drink.

ZX88
06-25-2008, 02:17 PM
ahhh i love my 68* cubical. and all the free coffee and water with ice i want. lol

gerson408
06-25-2008, 10:58 PM
man i hate my job

iwishiwas-all*
06-25-2008, 11:06 PM
man i hate my job

you my friend are fucking hilarious

GSXRJJordan
06-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Haha this thread is full of lose.

I worked about 4 hrs today, wearing a suit and talking to people. I got paid for probably 8 hrs of work, with a little computer time tonight.

It was tough walking from my car to the air conditioned stores though. Man. 10 secs of 80+ degree heat and I felt like posting a thread about it. Not.

Lesson: if you don't like your job, get another one. Repeat until you don't like any jobs you see... then go to college, get a new job. Repeat.

gerson408
06-26-2008, 10:35 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XAzSNU90n9M&hl=en"></param><embed">http://www.youtube.com/v/XAzSNU90n9M&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XAzSNU90n9M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this would problaly be me if im at work bored