PDA

View Full Version : Pulled Over... what can we do about it?

rightcoastimports
06-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Ok so i'm cruising to my place tonight and i get followed by a cop.. the second I put on my blinker to turn into my complex he pulls me over right inside the entrance..

I have "blue blinkers", "modified exhaust" and no front plate he says. oh and you were going 40 in a 30 at one point...

I've already lost my license once and this is ridiculous.. I dont speed around, i mean what can we do about this?? Makes me want to give up my hobby and go buy a new car and not touch it which is sooo boring.

Insurance will go up again, hell maybe they'll take my license again.

:bash:

Anyone else get pulled over a lot ??

womenbeshoppin
06-20-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't get pulled over much, probably because i dont have blue blinkers

rightcoastimports
06-20-2008, 11:48 PM
i dont have blue blinkers.. they are hyper white. but i did just install my taillights 3 days ago. maybe i should put yellow ones in.

drftmark
06-20-2008, 11:57 PM
just tell him to eat a chode.

LongGrain
06-20-2008, 11:58 PM
thats what happens when you drive a modified car. i get pulled over daily

either make your car abide by the laws, or learn to deal with it

rightcoastimports
06-21-2008, 12:00 AM
well i dont think i'll be putting a stock exhaust on my car anytime soon so i guess i'll just have to keep dealing with it.

maybe i'll put my front plate on and some yellow blinkers in the rear...

my inspection stickers legal!!! somehow..

touge monster
06-21-2008, 12:02 AM
blue/red lights are illegal prettymuch anywhere in/on your car. People can often mistake them for emergency vehicles. Take them out and you probably wont get pulled over if you dont drive like a dumbass. They usually don't pull over modified exhaust and ticket unless they think you deserve it. Act professional and courteous and you should be fine 99% of the time

Pblesh85
06-21-2008, 12:06 AM
buy an "I love cops" bumper sticker.

Or buy a caprice.

Maximamike
06-21-2008, 12:08 AM
I got pulled over in Brockton on a random Sunday night now I'm on the street racing task force hit list. I get hassled all the time now. Sucks.

luftrofl
06-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Ok so i'm cruising to my place tonight and i get followed by a cop.. the second I put on my blinker to turn into my complex he pulls me over right inside the entrance..

I have "blue blinkers", "modified exhaust" and no front plate he says. oh and you were going 40 in a 30 at one point...

I've already lost my license once and this is ridiculous.. I dont speed around, i mean what can we do about this?? Makes me want to give up my hobby and go buy a new car and not touch it which is sooo boring.

Insurance will go up again, hell maybe they'll take my license again.

:bash:

This may come across as harsh, but if this happens to you a lot, why do you leave your car the way that it is?

rightcoastimports
06-21-2008, 12:09 AM
my car is canadian so my front bumper holes are too wide for my plate to fit.. might have to make a custom bracket of some sort.. anyone else run into this?

This may come across as harsh, but if this happens to you a lot, why do you leave your car the way that it is?

actually i've never gotten pulled over in my 240 before and havent gotten pulled over at all in about a year. i got caught racing in my rsx 2 years ago and lost my license soon after when i was speeding on my bike.. havent sped around like a jerk since.

this whole situation tonight pisses me off.. because i really wasnt doing anything wrong. it was 1am and the cop was bored.

Phatz
06-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Damn the man, getting on us for riding in style! Nothing gets the heart going like blinking lights in the rear veiw mirror. I've had numerous tickets and been pulled over way too many times. I got pulled over the second day I had my first 240sx. These tricks keep me outa trouble... SOMETIMES!

1. don't wear hats or sunglasses. They make you stand out even more (I swear, it makes a difference. I never wear a hat driving. when I do have shades on, I get the mad stare down from every cop I see:coolugh: )

2. don't speed. (haha! yea right:keke: )

3. If you see a pig, pretend they're not even there.I feel like when I look at a cop, they think I'm guilty or hiding something. Cops are trained to vibe off your uncomfortableness. If you're riding with someone, joke around and smile.:) You look might look more innocent I guess.:loco:.

Our hobby draws attention by the nature of the game. Last I checked, nobody ever gets their license taken away for blinkers and exhaust. If getting ticketed for these minor infractions makes you sweat then yes, you should get outa the game and buy a prius.

Naim
06-21-2008, 12:17 AM
my car is canadian so my front bumper holes are too wide for my plate to fit.. might have to make a custom bracket of some sort.. anyone else run into this?

actually i've never gotten pulled over in my 240 before and havent gotten pulled over at all in about a year. i got caught racing in my rsx 2 years ago and lost my license soon after when i was speeding on my bike.. havent sped around like a jerk since.

this whole situation tonight pisses me off.. because i really wasnt doing anything wrong. it was 1am and the cop was bored.
Just get a license plat relocation kit.

brndck
06-21-2008, 12:18 AM
so did he actually ticket you? exhaust and blinkers and plates are usually fix-it tickets in cali, not sure about east coast.

Phatz
06-21-2008, 12:19 AM
^^^oh ok, street racing will do it for sure... be safe kids. Save the race for the track.

rightcoastimports
06-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Damn the man, getting on us for riding in style! Nothing gets the heart going like blinking lights in the rear veiw mirror. I've had numerous tickets and been pulled over way too many times. I got pulled over the second day I had my first 240sx. These tricks keep me outa trouble... SOMETIMES!

1. don't wear hats or sunglasses. They make you stand out even more (I swear, it makes a difference. I never wear a hat driving. when I do have shades on, I get the mad stare down from every cop I see:coolugh: )

2. don't speed. (haha! yea right:keke: )

3. If you see a pig, pretend they're not even there.I feel like when I look at a cop, they think I'm guilty or hiding something. Cops are trained to vibe off your uncomfortableness. If you're riding with someone, joke around and smile.:) You look might look more innocent I guess.:loco:.

Our hobby draws attention by the nature of the game. Last I checked, nobody ever gets their license taken away for blinkers and exhaust. If getting ticketed for these minor infractions makes you sweat then yes, you should get outa the game and buy a prius.

i agree with you here.. but i did get speeding for doing 40 in a 30 as well.. so thats what i'm more worried about. but yea i already do all of those things like not looking at the cop and no hats or glasses.

Phatz
06-21-2008, 12:25 AM
so he did give u a ticket for ten over? petty bullshit man. sorry to hear that.

luftrofl
06-21-2008, 12:27 AM

Well I feel ya on that. Knowing how cops are about this sort of thing will make me just keep my car stock-looking.

rightcoastimports
06-21-2008, 12:32 AM
i'm sure its different worse or less all around the country but around here its getting pretty bad.. and yes i did get a citation.

s13 @ fullboost
06-21-2008, 12:37 AM
just tell him to eat a chode.

thats your best bet =]

importantone
06-21-2008, 12:43 AM
There is only so much you can do. You can always mod legally. Messing with the color of your lights is one of the first things cops look for. No front license plate is the most common thing cops are using to pull over modified cars. They can always say they pulled you over because of no front plate. Then there is exhaust. Being able to see the exhaust is one thing, but when the exhaust is audible from a good distance away it's very easy for a cop to pull you over for it. And of course there is always speeding or driving wreckless or "spiritedly."

This is how I do it. Well for one thing I have a STI... so it's a little easier for me to get by with it because my engine doesn't visually look all that modified (and it really isn't, just the basics to get it over 300 at the wheels). I know for the Nissan crowd it's harder because if you want big power you have to go turbo or swap which isn't usually legal, and also the legal modification options out there aren't vast either. I have a Carb legal intake, my exhaust is the quietest one they make for the subies because I run a catless downpipe, and I drive with the flow of traffic everywhere I go. I try to keep the engine stock looking as much as possible in fear of that dreaded "pop your hood." I do have an aggressive set of wheels and my car is lowered on coilovers a good bit... but I painted my exhaust can flat black to keep a lower key. Blow off valves are another things... Don't get one if you don't need it... cops hate those things.

I've still been pulled over three or so times in the past 6 months, but I haven't had a ticket come out of any of those situations. I always do the little things that keep cops chill. I turn off my car immediately, turn on the interior light if I can, and put my hands in plain view on the steering wheel. When the officer asks for my license and registration I always ask if it's okay for me to open my glove box or if it's okay for my to reach into the side of the door. I explain myself well and talk man to man, not like a little street race boy that just got pulled over.

Driving around aggressive with a beanie on and bumping your music is like waving a flag to the cops.

The list can go on and on... tinted windows, cell phone, etc...

use common sense! :2f2f:

steezy
06-21-2008, 12:52 AM
damm i got just fu*kin pulle dover by a b*tcha** cop last night too. supposedly my exhaust is too loud. its a hks super dragger. haha but still, there was a sh*t-stang and a maro racing in front of me and he pulls me over. aint that a b*tch. excuse all my language. im just pissed because of a fix-it ticket. pure bullshit. shoulda' told him to go eat a chode too

murda-c
06-21-2008, 12:53 AM
if you had been in front of the maro and stang you wouldn't have gotten pulled over. lol cops go for the easiest target.

luftrofl
06-21-2008, 12:55 AM
damm i got just fu*kin pulle dover by a b*tcha** cop last night too. supposedly my exhaust is too loud. its a hks super dragger. haha but still, there was a sh*t-stang and a maro racing in front of me and he pulls me over. aint that a b*tch. excuse all my language. im just pissed because of a fix-it ticket. pure bullshit. shoulda' told him to go eat a chode too

At least it's a fix-it ticket. Keep in mind that if he wanted to, he probably could have made this a real headache and said that you were racing with those guys.

Rubenonamission
06-21-2008, 12:58 AM
yeah i get fucked with alot..just try and roll as legit as possible now..:2f2f: ..i learned my lesson..i have a stock looking car with a crazy engine....i had to sacrifice something...

sillyvia13
06-21-2008, 01:03 AM
they see me rollin...
they hating....

!Zar!
06-21-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm so sick of these fucking threads.

"Hai gaiz. I got illegal shit that makes me stand out and I got in trouble. Cops are dick ass pussies."

Get the fuck over it.

You can't have blue/red lights like that. Due to it being used in government safety vehicles.

Why are cops asses you say? To intimidate you.

Why be a nice cop and get walked over.

You scare the person in their place.

Cops are taught that. It's no secret.

grnappletree14
06-21-2008, 01:16 AM
haha funny that u mad this thread i got pulled over last night i wasnt driving my 240sx i was driving a old school dodge ram truck that has no rear view mirror or side mirrors. i usually always look at them when i drive on frwy but i dont have none so i couldnt thank god i wasnt speeding. but yea i was getting off the frwy by my house i didnt even notice that the cop was following me. i was like 1/2 block away from my house.and he pulled me over. he said that when i got off the frwy i didnt stop all the way, well i kinda of didnt cuz the brakes on the truck are bad and the truck is big. on the next light i stoped but i didnt use my blinker so that when he got me. i see cops all the time and they never use blinkers. but when i got pulled over i acted chill, he asked me if i was drinking or i was high off weed. i said no. i didnt have my license cuz i lost it so i gave him a temporary one thats made of paper. he asked me where i was coming from and i told him. he ran my license back at his car. i was being chill, and he comes back with a breathalizer thinking i was drinking which i wasnt at the time. he told me to blow and i did nothing came up, i was like that was stupid. all he told me was ok just next time make sure u stop and use ur blinker and have a nice day. i was like thats some bullshit all that for nothing. then i went home.

WERDdabuilder
06-21-2008, 01:18 AM
I'm so sick of these fucking threads.
effin serious.

you have shit done to your car that will attract attention from cops what do you expect? you know what you're doing can get you a ticket stop complaining.

if you're speeding and he gets you for speeding why are you going to cry?

HyperTek
06-21-2008, 01:22 AM
post a pic of your car here

!Zar!
06-21-2008, 01:24 AM
grnappletree14: Please, PLEASE learn how to form a proper essay style response.

I could only imagine how horrid your school work is/was(?)

Not to mention, you don't have brakes that work well, and you can't see shit?

Your ass is lucky you got off with what you did. Obviously this was during late night and with you driving that pos truck, he had reason to believe you were a drug addict of some sort.

Not to mention I could only guess to how you look. Just going by the way you describe your truck and your lack of proper grammar. I can't see it being anything other than crackish.

Next time your premium membership is almost up, just let me know. I'll try and help you out as long as you promise to go back to do better in school.

GSXRJJordan
06-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Haha I tell people this shit all the time:

Don't make it easy for them.

Keep your exhaust quiet (I have a bling-ass exhaust, but at least it's quiet), keep a front plate on, keep regular (non-HID) headlights unless you do a projector conversion, keep orange blinkers, and don't tint the shit out of your windows.

And for Christ's sake, keep your registration, license, and insurance current.

Don't do shit that makes it easy for them to profile you (accurately), and then when they pull you over for bullshit, you just ask "officer, now that you see my information is current and I wasn't doing anything illegal, am I free to go?"

touge monster
06-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Then there is exhaust. Being able to see the exhaust is one thing, but when the exhaust is audible from a good distance away it's very easy for a cop to pull you over for it

Technically, since they have no way to measure exhaust db's from their patrol car, using exhaust as a reason to pull someone over is not valid. They look for other things, such as no front plate as you mentioned (because it's most common) , as a reason to pull you over. Only then they can cite you for modified exhaust and other modifications. (correct me if I'm wrong)

!Zar!
06-21-2008, 02:59 AM
You're wrong.

Cops don't need to measure db's anymore. It's up to the cop to determine what is/isn't too loud. But the way the law is written, technically ANYTHING aside from the oem exhaust is illegal. That includes exhaust from exhaust shops which is dumb imo...

But yet, you can be pulled over and popped and ticketed because of any aftermarket exhaust.

touge monster
06-21-2008, 03:21 AM
Damn it, thanks for clearing that up Zar. The 58 state legal exhausts are still legal, no? You just have to show the certificate.

ESmorz
06-21-2008, 03:57 AM
I've never had a problem with cops.

I have a fart can exhaust, brighter side markers, lowered... blah blah.

I also don't ever drive like an idiot on surface streets, and usually go below the speed limit and keep my rpm's around 2.5k. I love saving gas.

JeremyR
06-21-2008, 05:21 AM
But the way the law is written, technically ANYTHING aside from the oem exhaust is illegal. That includes exhaust from exhaust shops which is dumb imo...

Don't spread false information. An exhaust is ONLY illegal if it surpasses the legal sound limit. As long as you have a cat-back exhaust that is under the legal sound limit, you are fine. Yeah they'll try and ticket and pop your hood anyway. But if you know the law, they pretty much are stuck.

http://www.cent-21.com/laws/exhaust-us.htm

read up on the vehicle code guys, maybe keep a copy in your car. the best defense against these retards is knowing the law and having copies of it. cops are trained to twist things around and intimidate, do not let them do this.

g6civcx
06-21-2008, 05:59 AM
what can we do about this?

Study the state and local laws and do your best to comply. If something doesn't make sense, send a letter to the state/county/township police and ask for clarification. If they can't help, mail the state attorney.

If you do all that and they still don't help you out, make sure you send certified mail and keep a copy for your record. If you get pulled over and go to court, that's really good evidence that you're doing your best to comply and a good judge will rule in your favour.

If you disagree with the law, go ahead and comply any way but write/lobby your representative, or run for office and change the law.

I don't, but what is "a lot"?

Don't spread false information. An exhaust is ONLY illegal if it surpasses the legal sound limit. As long as you have a cat-back exhaust that is under the legal sound limit, you are fine. Yeah they'll try and ticket and pop your hood anyway. But if you know the law, they pretty much are stuck.

read up on the vehicle code guys, maybe keep a copy in your car. the best defense against these retards is knowing the law and having copies of it. cops are trained to twist things around and intimidate, do not let them do this.

No, you are incorrect. Many states have done away with SAE sound tests and instead leave it up to the officer's discretion. Even stock cars can violate noise ordinance because they're local laws.

rightcoastimports
06-21-2008, 08:45 AM
You're running around.. in ski masks.. trying to blow things up! Whats the fu** did you think was gonna happen??

KA24DESOneThree
06-21-2008, 09:51 AM
I've gone my last ~1250 miles with an expired temp permit, and the month and date on my plate are Jan 2008 (paid through Jan '09 but pending smog).

I drove for a while with no license plate lights. (blown bulbs, heh)

I currently have a broken (probably fuse) speedometer, so I just go about 3250rpm on the highway, or around 80mph. I'll fix the fuse sometime.

I don't like front plates, so I don't run them on my cars. I've never had an issue.

I don't have a canister-style exhaust. I don't have chrome wheels. I don't have a bodykit. I don't have tint. I don't dress like an asshole. I have stock turn signal lights and signal all my intentions. I don't cut people off or make quick lane changes. I don't have HIDs.

Last time I got pulled over was June 2006.

lflkajfj12123
06-21-2008, 10:53 AM
i got pulled over twice

and both times i was listening to N.W.A - fuck the police

DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT SONG they can hear that from miles away

bad mojo

spoolandslide
06-22-2008, 01:03 AM
after a quick inspection shows nothing suspicious to the officer
he usually says

"is this car stolen?"
"no sir"
"didnt i see mad max driving this?"

*chuckles to his partner and walks away telling me to have a nice night

on three separate occasions in two different towns, a cop has made the mad max joke and then let me go

*edit
i drive with my brights on cause my right low beam doesnt work
my wiring on my koukis is all weird and they do not work close to properly
my side signals are painted over
full exaust
tinted windows
horrible primer job
no front license plate
rear one says may 06
temp is in the front cause of the window tint
and i have a golden stencil of obama on my quarter panel

and instead of giving me the high score for citations
they insult me

luftrofl
06-22-2008, 01:28 AM
they insult me

Better to let assholes be assholes than to have assholes take your $$ :w00t:

spoolandslide
06-22-2008, 01:31 AM
^ i just think its funny that they would laugh at something they know they should write up ^

thejapino
06-22-2008, 02:50 PM
240sx is the new civic and you just got profiled. Its the sad truth.

My friend drives around in a bugeye WRX and in typical boy racer fashion, he drives with bright yellow fogs, blacked out fno's, exhaust, drop springs etc.

The other day he got pulled over for being too low- on drop springs. Yet my Q45's quarter almost kisses the wheel and I have'nt gotten pulled over in 5+ years.

Tomorrow I'll probably get pulled over for being too low now that I jinxed myself.:cj:

FaLKoN240
06-22-2008, 02:54 PM
So what kind of ticket did you get?

BustedS13
06-22-2008, 02:56 PM
tell them you've already lost your license once, i'm sure they'll be more understanding when they learn that you've been having a rough time with the law

or stop being a ricer douchebag

rightcoastimports
06-22-2008, 03:03 PM
a ricer... ahh dude please. Never have never will. I made this thread out of aggravation. I havent been pulled over since my license was suspended for 60 days; about a year ago.

The ticket was "improper turn signal lights" , "modified exhaust system, too loud" , "no front license plate" , and "speeding 40mph in a 30mph zone." $260 total. I have a friend whose a cop so he's going to call the officer and try and take care of it.

BustedS13
06-22-2008, 03:07 PM
a ricer... ahh dude please. Never have never will. I made this thread out of aggravation. I havent been pulled over since my license was suspended for 60 days; about a year ago.

The ticket was "improper turn signal lights" , "modified exhaust system, too loud" , "no front license plate" , and "speeding 40mph in a 30mph zone." $260 total. I have a friend whose a cop so he's going to call the officer and try and take care of it.

so how'd you get your license suspended? and i'll admit i've scored a no front plate ticket, enough speeding tickets to paper mache a nice lounge chair, and i've had an exhaust that in other states would get me tickets.

rightcoastimports
06-22-2008, 03:13 PM
so how'd you get your license suspended? and i'll admit i've scored a no front plate ticket, enough speeding tickets to paper mache a nice lounge chair, and i've had an exhaust that in other states would get me tickets.

7 violations in a 3 year period.. you could have any number on violations on 1 single ticket.. so i had gotten 3 on 1 ticket in 2004, 2 on another in 2005, and 2 on another in 2006. massachusetts law.. lose your license for 60 days when this happens; and also you have to take a driver retraining course.

ESmorz
06-22-2008, 03:14 PM
after a quick inspection shows nothing suspicious to the officer
he usually says

"is this car stolen?"
"no sir"
"didnt i see mad max driving this?"

*chuckles to his partner and walks away telling me to have a nice night

on three separate occasions in two different towns, a cop has made the mad max joke and then let me go

*edit
i drive with my brights on cause my right low beam doesnt work
my wiring on my koukis is all weird and they do not work close to properly
my side signals are painted over
full exaust
tinted windows
horrible primer job
no front license plate
rear one says may 06
temp is in the front cause of the window tint
and i have a golden stencil of obama on my quarter panel

they insult me

Not anymore :p

We need to do work son.

SlideWell
06-22-2008, 06:07 PM
dont give them a reason to pull you over then. suck up any fix it tickets you got. it is my MISSION to find cops when im driving. no joke. im sure we all know people that are tired of it all and it was simply a matter of time before they just started running. when you give in, they win. is that what you want?

FaLKoN240
06-22-2008, 06:22 PM

You're wrong, don't run around saying whatever you think.

Especially to someone who has been through the fire.

I got pulled over for my exhaust because the cop thought it was too loud/flashy.

I have a Fujitsubo Legalis R which to date is one of the quietest 3" exhaust systems out there. (Resonated, non N1 style canister [SEXY])

Granted I had old ass exhaust gaskets and probably was louder than it should've been, there is no way it was over the legal limit.

What I did was replace all my exhaust gaskets (while I was at it, I got new exhaust bushings too :P)

I took it to the ref center (they didn't pop my hood) since it wasn't an emissions violation) they did a decibel test, and I got an astoundingly low (83 dB) reading.

Took my ass to the court house, paid $10 and walked away.

No, you are incorrect. Many states have done away with SAE sound tests and instead leave it up to the officer's discretion. Even stock cars can violate noise ordinance because they're local laws.

Yes, serving the public since '04

ESmorz
06-22-2008, 07:00 PM
I've gone my last ~1250 miles with an expired temp permit, and the month and date on my plate are Jan 2008 (paid through Jan '09 but pending smog).

I drove for a while with no license plate lights. (blown bulbs, heh)

I currently have a broken (probably fuse) speedometer, so I just go about 3250rpm on the highway, or around 80mph. I'll fix the fuse sometime.

I don't like front plates, so I don't run them on my cars. I've never had an issue.

I don't have a canister-style exhaust. I don't have chrome wheels. I don't have a bodykit. I don't have tint. I don't dress like an asshole. I have stock turn signal lights and signal all my intentions. I don't cut people off or make quick lane changes. I don't have HIDs.

Last time I got pulled over was June 2006.

You also live in Fallbrook. You can get away with a LOT of shit here.

90hatchie
06-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Damn it, thanks for clearing that up Zar. The 58 state legal exhausts are still legal, no? You just have to show the certificate.

WE HAVE 58 STATES????? :wtf:

HIM
06-22-2008, 10:58 PM
are parking enforcement/security guards allowed to pull you over?

as for legality ( not to threadjack )

Best thing ever
private property, and keys in your ignition.

whenever you see a cop bust a U or you see him in the distance pull into a 711 or somewhere local and pull out your keys asap. They have no jurisdiction over you, until you hit the streets.

1) speeding down garfield going at least 100 in my friends gti, cop barely sees us in the distance. We roll into my friends house, park, pull out keys and leave car. Right when we open the car doors, the cop puts on his siren/light. We just walk in and ignore him. TOO LATE

2) Yesterday, drifting in somewhat public place around 2am, ( no cars/people around ) Security near the complex/parking enforcement try to roll up on us. We bolt out asap then meet at 711 down the street. Right when we are parked, cops roll in with their lights on. I show them my keys and Im out of the car. They slow roll passed us. My friends and I get some chips, a drink and pull out our skateboards. They wait across the street for about 10 minutes. We wave, smile, skateboard in the lot ( cool with the guy at 711 so he lets us skate there ). The cops decide to pretend to leave and they go the long way around. We wait they come back we smile and laugh. Then they try to hide down the streets in a low pro wait. We were about to leave, then we decided to skate up and down the streets to check. We look and we see cop bumper in the side alley, then another cop parked 2 streets down. So we waited it out until they got bored, then once it was clear we left, some friends who didnt wanna wait just left their cars at 711 and picked them up in the morning.

disclaimer: if his sirens are already on, this won't work. Pull over and try to get out if it, if not suck it up and take it like a man.
Doing this will put on the local PD hit List.

rightcoastimports
06-22-2008, 11:17 PM
are parking enforcement/security guards allowed to pull you over?

as for legality ( not to threadjack )

Best thing ever
private property, and keys in your ignition.

whenever you see a cop bust a U or you see him in the distance pull into a 711 or somewhere local and pull out your keys asap. They have no jurisdiction over you, until you hit the streets.

1) speeding down garfield going at least 100 in my friends gti, cop barely sees us in the distance. We roll into my friends house, park, pull out keys and leave car. Right when we open the car doors, the cop puts on his siren/light. We just walk in and ignore him. TOO LATE

2) Yesterday, drifting in somewhat public place around 2am, ( no cars/people around ) Security near the complex/parking enforcement try to roll up on us. We bolt out asap then meet at 711 down the street. Right when we are parked, cops roll in with their lights on. I show them my keys and Im out of the car. They slow roll passed us. My friends and I get some chips, a drink and pull out our skateboards. They wait across the street for about 10 minutes. We wave, smile, skateboard in the lot ( cool with the guy at 711 so he lets us skate there ). The cops decide to pretend to leave and they go the long way around. We wait they come back we smile and laugh. Then they try to hide down the streets in a low pro wait. We were about to leave, then we decided to skate up and down the streets to check. We look and we see cop bumper in the side alley, then another cop parked 2 streets down. So we waited it out until they got bored, then once it was clear we left, some friends who didnt wanna wait just left their cars at 711 and picked them up in the morning.

disclaimer: if his sirens are already on, this won't work. Pull over and try to get out if it, if not suck it up and take it like a man.
Doing this will put on the local PD hit List.

i saw him pull the U-ey (boston term) and it happened literally as i was parked in my spot in my complex with the car off. So maybe that only works in Cali.

What if i got out and started walking to the door?? what would happen??

ESmorz
06-22-2008, 11:21 PM

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/zcusmc/PoliceBrutality.jpg

SlideWell
06-22-2008, 11:24 PM
i saw him pull the U-ey (boston term) and it happened literally as i was parked in my spot in my complex with the car off. So maybe that only works in Cali.

walk inside, DO NOT STOP!!!!
private property bitches...

HIM
06-22-2008, 11:33 PM

What kind of ticket did you get?

AND

If your inside private property and your outside your car with the keys out of the ignition. The cop cant give you a driving ticket etc. until you are on a regular street. IF he does try to give you bullshit which they can, just tell the officer in a polite manner. I believe Im on private property and my keys are not in my ignition, may I please leave if you have no other reason to keep me here.

cops use the rights against you, they might assume you don't know them and you will just pay for the ticket without even thinking.
If you clearly state you do, They cant supply evidence etc. Its all about legality of the situation

98koukile
06-22-2008, 11:39 PM
MA sucks for everything, my friends with sti srt and si's all get pulled over for stock exhaust. My loud ass ka makes them look but I've never been pulled over in my 240. My corolla got me in more trouble than this car and I think its because everything looks stock minus no front plate

98koukile
06-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Also MA has intent to drive laws, so if you're sleeping in your car drunk you can get a ticket even if your keys are in your pocket, just another example of losing your rights

HIM
06-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Also MA has intent to drive laws, so if you're sleeping in your car drunk you can get a ticket even if your keys are in your pocket, just another example of losing your rights

throw them in the trunk. or put them underneath your car.
thats what I do. Good game cops.

c/p from other thread

CHP - Cant fuck with them, they are extremely anal and will check everything.

PD - Are cool, as long as you dont give them a reason to pull you over.
Reasonable cause will give an officer the right to do whatever he wants.
If he smells bud in your car, you will get searched. If he sees gauges or anything that might not be " usually seen in a car " then it will alert them.

I didnt try to get out of any of my tickets by using that I will fight it in court bs. I took it like a man and just paid for breaking the law.
( and to whoever says if the officer isn't at court you get off )
they get paid to go to court and arent allowed to miss a certain amount of they get written up )

Rest were all warnings.

If you have nothing to hide:
When you get pulled over, turn off your car. Put your keys on the hood or on the dash, roll down all your windows if you have any tint, turn on your domelight, then look straight ahead till the officer comes to your door. Never ask the officer " why you were pulled over ". They say lines to trick you that begin with " DO YOU KNOW " always deny it and say I never knew that Im sorry officer/Sir. Speak to them with respect, and show them they are in order here not you. Never speak unless they ask you a question. When they ask for your papers, ask the officer " may I go into my glovebox or whever you put your papers to get them ". Dont make any movement until he says yes. Get the papers slowly, and hand them to him. He will then walk back to his car and fill out blah blah. Usuaully they might call backup to scare you. Just be relaxed, and show them you have nothing to hide. If they ask you to search your car, NEVER deny it. Or you will get royally fucked over. EVEN if you have illegal things in your car, they will find it regardless.

^ breaking down laws, for the people who dont know. Just say the lines above to protect yourself.

LEO's( law enforcement officer ) profile people. If you look guilty of something then they will try to do anything in their power to prove it.

If either your in your car by yourself or friends tell them all to shut up and take off their hats or anything on their head. Remove all sunglasses etc.
If you dress like a " gangster " then yea your going to get a ticket.

Cops do look at your car but rather look at whose driving the car and how you drive it.

Show respect, drive regular, dont look bad, and dont give a police office reason to pull over, and RESEARCH YOUR RIGHTS.

Police officers profile racers so if you dont wanna get pulled over or have a risk of:

Keep the stickers to a limit on windshield/body etc.
Roll around with like 10% under factory tint if you have too ( police only use the line I pulled you over for tints, to look inside and see whose driving
Silence your exhaust
black out all engine parts
use " non " atmospheric boV,
Roll at a decent ride hide
Front License Plates
DONT GO HID'S ON A 240 IF you do, Hid's around 500 - 600k range ( have them installed at an angle that doesnt blind )
Turn down all loud music/bass
Dont have a gutted interior ( no back seats etc is ALRIGHT, but door panels and all of that no carpet is a red light )
Use red/orange turn signal lights
Use stock license plate lights ( never anything blue/red )
Hide gauges

SLEEPER IS THE KEY!

eastcoastS14
06-22-2008, 11:49 PM
^^ haha dude got arrested in front of my friends work (liquor store) for passing out drunk in his car

but yeah it depends on where you get pulled over in MA...I get pulled over all the time in the north shore area (revere and nahant) and they usually give me warnings....salem and beverly they dont even look at me, staties will write ur ass up in a second tho

aNskY
06-22-2008, 11:52 PM
lol @ complaining about tickets. do the crime, pay the fine. no matter how much you disagree with the law, the law is the law.

& i get just as many tickets as any of you - fuck the law! lol

HIM
06-22-2008, 11:55 PM
^^ haha dude got arrested in front of my friends work (liquor store) for passing out drunk in his car

Throw your keys in the trunk and you can't get a ticket.
Being intoxicated in a car, is a whole different story then breaking the law while driving.

I was drunk after a party, parked on the street from my friends house. My keys were hidden underneath my car on the exhaust piping. The cops shine their light on my car, I dont notice. I have limo tints they cant see anything. They walk to my front window, they shine the flashlight see the silhoutte of my head and tap the glass. I open the door. They ask me were my keys are, I tell him they are under my car. He looks sees the lanyard and then asks me if I was drinking. I tell him yes, then he asks for my license,registration etc. While looking over my papers, I just explained myself. I told him I had too much to drink, and had no intentions on driving home this night. He pauses walks back to his cop car. Comes back hands me my papers, and just tells me if he caught me driving on the street, he will do whatever in his power to screw send me to jail and impound my car. I told him he wont, and will never. He nods and walks back to his car.

eastcoastS14
06-22-2008, 11:59 PM
^^ meh at the end of the day its all how the police report reads...

I always tell the story about me walking home drunk and a cop running up to me and grabbing me by my throat and slamming me on the ground for no reason....

cops can do whatever they want, including make shit up, and especially if no one is around to see it

HIM
06-23-2008, 12:11 AM
^^ meh at the end of the day its all how the police report reads...

I always tell the story about me walking home drunk and a cop running up to me and grabbing me by my throat and slamming me on the ground for no reason....

cops can do whatever they want, including make shit up, and especially if no one is around to see it

Yea, they can
thats why its corrupt
Just hope you have a witness!

your word over cops word = FAIL

aNskY
06-23-2008, 01:06 AM

Truth. i once got a misdemeaner reckless driving ticket for riding a wheelie because i didnt turn in my friend who was the one who was actually riding the wheelie and he ran, i stopped. fuck the police.

SlideWell
06-23-2008, 02:53 AM
its threads like these that make me lose trust in our system to protect The People and why i run

s14owner
06-27-2008, 06:26 AM
thats real smart run its not worth it you can out run the cops but not the radio but one time i got a speeding ticket and then i spun y i was pullen out then i also got reckless driving that was predy gay

womenbeshoppin
06-27-2008, 06:44 AM
thats real smart run its not worth it you can out run the cops but not the radio but one time i got a speeding ticket and then i spun y i was pullen out then i also got reckless driving that was predy gay
You have the grammer and spelling of a fetus.

s14owner
06-27-2008, 06:50 AM
thats good just to tierd right now