PDA

View Full Version : so the war isnt about oil you say?

eastcoastS14
06-19-2008, 10:11 PM
This one is for RJF

Four oil giants to return to Iraq: Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP
(Press TV) -- Four major oil companies are negotiating oil contracts with Iraq to return to the country once again after 36 years, Iraqi oil officials say. According to Iraq's oil ministry officials and an American diplomat,
Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP - the original partners in the Iraq Petroleum Company - along with Chevron and a number of smaller oil companies, are in talks with Iraq's Oil Ministry for no-bid contracts to service Iraq's largest fields. The deals, expected to be announced on June 30, will lay the foundation for the first commercial work for the major companies in Iraq since the American invasion, and open a new and
potentially lucrative country for their operations, International Herald Tribune reported. The no-bid contracts are unusual for the industry, and the offers prevailed over others by more than 40 companies, including
companies in Russia, China and India. The contracts, which would run for one to two years and are relatively small by industry standards, would nonetheless give the companies an advantage in bidding on future
contracts in a country that many experts consider to be the best hope for a large-scale increase in oil production. There was suspicion among many in the Arab world and among parts of the American public that
the United States had gone to war in Iraq precisely to secure the oil wealth these contracts seek to extract. The Bush administration claims that the war was necessary to combat terrorism. It is not clear what role the United States played in awarding the contracts; there are still American advisers to Iraq's Oil Ministry. For an industry
being frozen out of new ventures in the world's dominant oil-producing countries, from Russia to Venezuela, Iraq offers a rare and prized opportunity. For the American government, increasing output in Iraq, as
elsewhere, serves the foreign policy goal of increasing oil production globally to alleviate the exceptionally tight supply that is a cause of soaring prices. The Iraqi Oil Ministry, through a spokesman, said the no-bid
contracts were a stop-gap measure to bring modern skills into the fields while the oil law was pending in Parliament. It said the companies had been chosen because they had been advising the ministry without charge
for two years before being awarded the contracts, and because these companies had the needed technology.

so 36 years after they were booted out and 6 years into the war these for oil companies are getting back into iraq to start drilling?? and whats more they somehow out bid oil companies that serve massive markets such as india and china? Can anyone else smell the US and British political influence?? And so it seems that after the Bush administration has stated that this war is not about oil that they have in fact paved the way for these energy companies to regain control of the area and start turning a profit again. Whats more there has been some speculation as to whether or not the bush administration will make the excuse and claim that this has been the plan for some time and is needed to combat rising gas prices, and whether or not Mccain will run on this platform saying that his new energy plan is to begin drilling in iraq once again.....this all sounds very fishy if you ask me...start a war, drive up energy costs, remove a leader and pave the way for oil companies to move back in and start production again, lets not forget thats Bushes family as well as cheney have vested interests and have made considerable amounts of money in the energy market...not saying thats whats happening but something to think about

waterboy
06-19-2008, 10:15 PM
i work in the oil fields in oman, my company is building a plant here and the american oil company here oxy pumps oil at $10 dollars a barrel

just a lil inside info

90hatchie
06-19-2008, 10:15 PM
if it dosnt bring gas down i dont give a fuck

Matej
06-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Of course that's what's happening, I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

DRavenS13
06-19-2008, 10:36 PM
This is something everyone knows. The media is just now announcing it to the lesser-intelligent society, so they can stop thinking about how the government is fucking them over and they can go back to their gas-guzzling SUVs.

SexPanda
06-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I swear to god gas had better go down after this or I'm voting for Nader...

Lol jk. Im not stupid.

eastcoastS14
06-19-2008, 10:48 PM
^^ that may be true but up until now it was only speculation as to what would happen in Iraq. There was always a kind of feeling that there was an inside agenda and evidence to support it, but to actually see this happening just confirms once and for all what is going on and its pretty suprising when you think about it. Its not shocking at all that its happening its just interesting to see

also btw the bush administration has recently just put forward a plan to the Iraqis to establish more than 60 permanent US bases in Iraq....which would not only give us a permanent presence in the region but would serve as a launch point for any future campaigns

infinitexsound
06-19-2008, 10:54 PM
bombs over Baghdad............. everyone knew it was oil...i knew it was oil...they just needed a good excuse to enter... fighting terrorism..... blah...the power elites run the world wide game... its a known fact... so none of this even surprises me.... now if we do decide to infiltrate poor ol north korea.. that would definetly surprise me... and end up banking heads with china...

SexPanda
06-19-2008, 10:57 PM
shit only the strong survive... Lets get the oil for us while we still can! FUCK THE ENVIRONMENT, FUCK THE PEOPLE OF THE MIDDLE EAST! OIL OIL OIL!!

BWAAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-19-2008, 11:02 PM
It's the Enron effect:

"We're going to do what we please, and what the fuck are you going to do about it?"

slidingsky
06-19-2008, 11:29 PM
^^ that may be true but up until now it was only speculation as to what would happen in Iraq. There was always a kind of feeling that there was an inside agenda and evidence to support it, but to actually see this happening just confirms once and for all what is going on and its pretty suprising when you think about it. Its not shocking at all that its happening its just interesting to see

also btw the bush administration has recently just put forward a plan to the Iraqis to establish more than 60 permanent US bases in Iraq....which would not only give us a permanent presence in the region but would serve as a launch point for any future campaigns

Wow I didn't hear about that. I'd hate to be called back to Iraq to just sit at a new permanent base for 12 months.

Either way same view point. Glad ?? to see that it came into the limelight but who didn't see it coming.

an_orange_s2k
06-20-2008, 12:16 AM
it was never about the oil, just blood lust and wanting to flash our big balls around. the oil is just a plus.

SimpleS14
06-20-2008, 05:46 AM
That headline seems to be a cliche now-a-days.....

I'm not surprised and I'm still sadden by the events that have occured over there (what little I get exposed to). No surprised on the military bases either, but I wasn't expecting a speculation of 60 in that small country.

That is quite scary to know IMO...since the U.S. would be right next to Iran in the event of a future attack. Similiar to how U.S. was right next to Iraq with their base in Kuwait.

just1pepsi
06-20-2008, 05:49 AM
This makes me sick.
*im not surprised one bit, I knew on 9/11 that we were going to go into Iraq, and the whole thing would be over oil under the guise of "terrorism."

Next stop, Iran with the help if Israel.

shmiddy
06-20-2008, 05:58 AM
dont act all suprized.. we all knew why they were sending our troops over their to die for... oil plain and simple +1 for eastcoasts14 very interesting tread

TheWolf
06-20-2008, 07:26 AM
The best part that many don't know about is this. All monies that come from the sale of iraq's oil go straight to iraq??? No they goto the federal reserve in NY. Thats right. And then when sales get going good. Democrats will force them to use it for US reconstruction efforts. So it's pretty good to be sitting on 100 billion of some other countries money and tell them how to spend it.

02BRB20
06-20-2008, 07:49 AM
gawwdddddd who cares about drilling in Iraq; Africa and Saudia Arabia is where all the oil is at

RJF
06-20-2008, 09:00 AM

Source?

Has been rumor for past few years.

US troops abroad

Active conflicts:

•Iraq 157,000

•Afghanistan 29,000

Stationed on bases*:

•Germany 57,080

•Japan 32,803

•South Korea 27,014

•Kuwait 10,000

•Italy 9,855

•United Kingdom 9,825

•Djibouti 2,100

•Turkey 1,594

•Bahrain 1,495

•Senegal 1,361

•Belgium 1,328

•Spain 1,286

•Cuba (Guantánamo) 932

*As of Sept. 2007
Source: Defense Department

just1pepsi
06-20-2008, 09:09 AM
the number seems high for the size of the country, but I have no doubt that the US Govt plans to install a permanent base there.

drifting_changed_mylife
06-20-2008, 09:53 AM
fuck this war, fuck the gas price, fuck bush, fuck republicans, fuck democrats, and most importantly FUCK THIS WAR. we reap no benifits for the american lives lost in iraq, NO GOOD IS COMMING OUT OF THIS WAR.. the only ppl that are gaining from this are the same ppl who are rapping the forighn land and rapping the HARD WORKING COMMON PPL LIKE MYSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS SITE.. but im sick of trying to tell eeryone and them looking at me like im a fucking nut so fuck all of you to. the "who gives a shit" additude about whats going on makes me sick so i give up... i hope america turnes like the george orwell book 1984, so i can laugh in everyones face and say "I TOLD U SO"

murda-c
06-20-2008, 10:28 AM
fuck this war, fuck the gas price, fuck bush, fuck republicans, fuck democrats, and most importantly FUCK THIS WAR. we reap no benifits for the american lives lost in iraq, NO GOOD IS COMMING OUT OF THIS WAR.. the only ppl that are gaining from this are the same ppl who are rapping the forighn land and rapping the HARD WORKING COMMON PPL LIKE MYSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS SITE.. but im sick of trying to tell eeryone and them looking at me like im a fucking nut so fuck all of you to. the "who gives a shit" additude about whats going on makes me sick so i give up... i hope america turnes like the george orwell book 1984, so i can laugh in everyones face and say "I TOLD U SO"

Hey man, i'm not a hard working commoner i'm a fuckin baller.

BustedS13
06-20-2008, 11:18 AM
fucking conspiracy theorists.

iraq is also free of a dictatorship for the first time since what, '79? so do the fucking math.

drifting_changed_mylife
06-20-2008, 11:42 AM

iraq is also free of a dictatorship for the first time since what, '79? so do the fucking math.

we'er just replacing one for another so whats the point

just1pepsi
06-20-2008, 11:43 AM

Of which we helped install, "presumably" because we thought he would do what we wanted (aka - oil) That did not work out, so we have what we do now.

azndoc
06-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I think everyone has to admit that a part of themselves felt a need to be patriotic during the beginning the OIF. I know I was floating around the sea waiting on order for them to send us there.

As the years went by everyone started to question the true purpose of the war.

It wasn't to take a murderous dictator. We could have done that easily with a special ops team. Done and done.

Everything that was promised the reasons that we were suppose to be there was all lies. No weapons of mass destructions and there was no terrorist in Iraq until the terrorists realized that they didn't need to travel far anymore to kill Americans. They just have to cross the border from any of the surrounding countries of Iraq and join in on the fight.

Personally if the Bush Administration was to tell me that the real reason we were going there in the first place was for economical reasons then I would understand. Fine, let's go in there murder them all and take their resources. It is what it is. But, when disguised as something else such as a fight against terrorism when there wasn't any large scale terrorist activities in Iraq and surely we didn't find any weapons of mass destruction then it pisses me off.

For the numbers of men and women we have lost over there so far and continuing losing it is a sad situation.

I stopped believing in fighting for my government a while back, but I would gladly fight, defend, and die for those who I love and cherish.

Phlip
06-20-2008, 01:21 PM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1285/5dollarsdp5.png

OBEEWON
06-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah, like 20 years late... remember desert storm?? Started then fellers. Gas has been climbing and will continue to climb. This IS the reason gas has gone up.

Just like Enron got and controlled energy and pumped up the price, same deal, just oil. Don't let them get control of the sun!!!!

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-20-2008, 02:56 PM
this might be a little off subject but I just watched the movie Zeitgeist. Holy fucking shit on balls! That was a very good movie. The middle part really shows how corrupt this government is and it brings up a lot of valid points. But the whole movie is freaking ballin. I recommend!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QMBZDwf9dok&feature=related

90hatchie
06-20-2008, 09:11 PM
we'er just replacing one for another so whats the point
says the one with the commie flag as an avatar

Pblesh85
06-20-2008, 09:21 PM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1285/5dollarsdp5.png

what he said, if it keeps going up im ridding my bike to work(11 miles each way). But no matter how much gas goes up, Fuck elect. cars:mephfawk:

You could not give me one and expect me to drive it. That bitch would be for sale on here so fast...

azndoc
06-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Bitches I paid $5.59 for diesel once.

$170 to fill it up and that's not completely empty but you get the idea.

HalveBlue
06-20-2008, 09:34 PM
I'd rather pay $5/gallon then 8 or 9, like in Europe. Then again, there commutes are totally different and everyone drives around in tiny little cars that get awesome gas mileage.

For anyone that believes in the rhetoric the Bush administration has been spewing forth since they were put in power, all I have to say is PNAC (Project for a New American Century).

Read the Open Letter they sent to Clinton on Iraq in 1998. Then read the article entitled Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategies, Forces, and Resources For a New Century .

Then check to see who claims membership in PNAC and compare how many of their members were/are involved in the Bush admin.

Yes, Iraq was only the first step in a much larger agenda.

But this isn't news. The neocons have been laying out there agenda, in the public, since the mid 90's. It was there for anyone to see. But I guess a lot of people only see what they want to see.

tattoo131313
06-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Chances are that we may never know the whole story behind this war.My heart does go out to the families of the men and women that lost their lives because of it.

Matej
06-20-2008, 10:32 PM
For anyone that believes in the rhetoric the Bush administration has been spewing forth since they were put in power, all I have to say is PNAC (Project for a New American Century).
Wow, I've never heard of PNAC so I looked it up... (I know Wikipedia isn't the best source and all that blahblah)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pnac
But this is too real and that's really scary, when I read about all the PNAC ideas and goals all I could think of was Nazi Germany.
Defenses and military are being built up, everyone just looked on from distance as Hitler invaded Poland, is history repeating itself with Bush invading Iraq?
USA = Fourth Reich?
Oh snap.

lolatclint
06-20-2008, 10:53 PM
if it dosnt bring gas down i dont give a fuck

agreed. i dont care about anything but gas prices :)