PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Japan and scared..

1989rps13
06-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Well im 19 yrs. old and im pretty scared to go across the world to Japan. Japan has been a place ive been wanting to travel ever since i saw it on the travel channel LOL.. but the language barrier has me scared. Im scared of getting ripped off when buying food or anything in particular. I have a friend that may go with me but he has to come up with the cash in a month or so. What great places is there to stay at? What great activities is there to do? I am planning to go this July or August so any information would be appreciated. Such as how to get a full package deal that includes airfare tickets and a place to stay at.:bigok:

Baka Sama
06-18-2008, 02:25 AM
This doesnt seem like you put a lot of thought into it. I hope you know some japaese and I would advise you get a book on the color coded train system. Have fun, if only in tokyo.

Farzam
06-18-2008, 02:27 AM
Well im 19 yrs. old and im pretty scared to go across the world to Japan. Japan has been a place ive been wanting to travel ever since i saw it on the travel channel LOL.. but the language barrier has me scared. Im scared of getting ripped off when buying food or anything in particular. I have a friend that may go with me but he has to come up with the cash in a month or so. What great places is there to stay at? What great activities is there to do? I am planning to go this July or August so any information would be appreciated. Such as how to get a full package deal that includes airfare tickets and a place to stay at.:bigok:

IMO i'd probably want to put a little more effort into traveling to another continent. I'd probably try to hold off till late August...which should give you ample time to fully research/plan your trip, find convenient airfare and housing, and give you extra time just in case you realize you need to save up more to go and actually have fun

Try to talk to some travel agents. I'm sure you have a friend who's one, a friend has a relative who's on...

As far as package deals, try google!

1989rps13
06-18-2008, 02:40 AM
IMO i'd probably want to put a little more effort into traveling to another continent. I'd probably try to hold off till late August...which should give you ample time to fully research/plan your trip, find convenient airfare and housing, and give you extra time just in case you realize you need to save up more to go and actually have fun

Try to talk to some travel agents. I'm sure you have a friend who's one, a friend has a relative who's on...

As far as package deals, try google!

thanks for right now my friend is going with me.. and yea ima look into it a bit more... my g/f's sister went to japan not too long ago with her ex bf now.. so ill ask her

1989rps13
06-18-2008, 02:43 AM
This doesnt seem like you put a lot of thought into it. I hope you know some japaese and I would advise you get a book on the color coded train system. Have fun, if only in tokyo.

well ive only thought about it... and your right i havent really put much thought into it.. i think it was those japanese girls dressing all "trendy"
that made me go :bash: and say "delicious" :love:

Thursday
06-18-2008, 02:48 AM
japan is awesome. im moving out there end of summer, it take quite a bit of planning/legwork to get settled but the culture you will be emersed in is awesome.

GOODLUCK!

1989rps13
06-18-2008, 02:53 AM
japan is awesome. im moving out there end of summer, it take quite a bit of planning/legwork to get settled but the culture you will be emersed in is awesome.

GOODLUCK!

lucky you... yes japan looks like such a nice place to live. I saw pictures that my g/f's sister took over there
and it just looked like a great place to relax

mrmephistopheles
06-18-2008, 03:22 AM
Just go - you won't get ripped off, and unless you go to the middle of BFE, you'll be able to find a ton of english signs and/or find people who speak it.

1989rps13
06-18-2008, 03:38 AM
Just go - you won't get ripped off, and unless you go to the middle of BFE, you'll be able to find a ton of english signs and/or find people who speak it.

whats the middle of BFE

well whats BFE abbreviated for...

also i spent like the last hour checking out some tips for when traveling and i cant wait to go now..
ive learned whats disrespectful to them so i dont get on their bad side hehee

ill have to buy a railroad pass then instead of the "hitch hicking" method that they offfered online to hitch a ride

aah nothing better than learning something new each day:)

thanks guys now i need to find a nice camera or borrow my sis (shes stingy with the camera)

ocshaman
06-18-2008, 03:44 AM
Stay in the touristy areas if you can't speak the language. Should be okay there. The english here isn't the best, last I heard it was 2nd to last in Asian countries, with North Korea being the first. If you need some suggestions let me know. Been here for a while. If you want to stay on the cheap, look into hostels. Should save you quite a bit of money.

Dirty Habit
06-18-2008, 04:08 AM
Butt fuckin egypt.

nissan<honda
06-18-2008, 05:12 AM
dude your SOO lucky i cant wait to go to japan, except my visit is on differnet pretenses. military D=

kyoru
06-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Just stay in the major cities and you will be fine! This isn't some underdeveloped country where people are out to rip people off :P

Sileighty_85
06-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Dude for a hotel expect to pay out the ass At least in Okinawa it was Bad
When I went back to Oki to get married to my wife, the cheapest place for 2 weeks was $600 sure doesnt sound that bad but for two ppl to stay in the room they wanted $1,200!!!! I aint about to pay $1,200 to only use a bed
shit was rediculous so I just told them only one person was staying there, but they found out a few day before i left so they charged me 120 bucks extra.

Oh yeah if your going to japan like you said be sure learn their customs and courtesies
dont wanna piss off the worng guy, (Yakuza lol)

Dont be a typical american going over there disrespecting them and not giving a shit about there customs.
(Sorry I've seen it happen too much when I was living in Okinawa)

Alot of ppl have the mentality thinking that just because the Japanese cant speak english they think they stupid and have no common sense

Dont worry about getting ripped off from shops or whatever, Japan has no sales tax so whatever the price you see is the price you pay so you can add up the prices and pretty much know what you will pay.

Easy tip for converting Yen to Dollars say somthing is 20,000Yen just move the decimal or take off 2 Zeros so 20,000Yen = $200.00 depending on the yen exchange rate, Just a rough estimate think of it as pennies.
But most shops will do 100 yen = $1 regardless of the yen exchange rate.

Sorry if you already know this stuff, alot of ppl i met dont know it.

Reserach the internet on food and table manners

and check out a resturant call Coco Ichiban its a curry place, really good curry and order "Nan Bread" (pronounced Non Bread)
and a Yaki Niku (Cooked Meat) Resturaunt call Go-yen Should be a red resturaunt with tons of lights around the sign

azndoc
06-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Go and get lost.

Live life.

Sometimes the best times you have in life are the unexpected ones.

I miss Japan.

Have fun.

Matej
06-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Go and get lost.

Live life.

So true, spur of the moment trips always end up being the most memorable.

k's_silvia2.0
06-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Japan might be too advance for you.:keke:
By the time you get there PS 5 will be out.

ronmcdon
06-18-2008, 11:51 AM
So true, spur of the moment trips always end up being the most memorable.

and the most expensive. :(

shmiddy
06-18-2008, 11:52 AM
DONT BE A LITTLE BITCH!!!!

lol jk but i dont think its gonna be that bad. food is food anywhere and as long as you can point and grunt i think you'll be ok. pick me up some cool jdm stuff while your their!!!! +1 for taking a adventure

pink godzila
06-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Tokyo is a expensive place to stay in how long you plan to stay?

But anyways just go I bet you going to LOVE Japan!!!

Matej
06-18-2008, 12:04 PM
and the most expensive.
In some cases yes, but they can also end up being cheaper. For example sometimes you can run into better hotel deals just by walking around instead of booking ahead, learn about a cheaper mode of transportation from the locals, find a hidden delicious restaurant, etc.
Not saying you should just take off and fly to a different country without any knowledge of it at all, planning is a good thing, but at the same time when it comes to traveling if you plan ahead too much and something causes you to go off schedule, it will only ruin your trip as you'll stress out instead of being relaxed and enjoying the experience. If you miss a train don't go punching walls, hang out waiting for the next one and seep in the culture, and if you get lost don't panic, try to get directions from someone and laugh with them at the language barrier, it's all about making memories.

rokmplutonium
06-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I heard that in Japan, its considered an insult to leave tip.
And you're not allowed to argue the bill.
I found this link which should help you getting used to their customs.
http://www.japanopen.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=159

Jung918
06-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Don't do anything stupid over there. Their correctional system is harsher then the states.

Sileighty_85
06-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I heard that in Japan, its considered an insult to leave tip.
And you're not allowed to argue the bill.
I found this link which should help you getting used to their customs.
http://www.japanopen.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=159

yes its not repectful to tip, but you can give small gifts as thanks for a service done.

Japan has alot of different customs that we are use not to
One thing I love about Japan is there Sence of decency is total differnt, more laid back

Ex: When I was living in Okinawa on the side of my Hachi Roku I Wrote Opai Dai-suke (O-Pie-Die-Ski) (I Love Boobs) on the fenders
Every Japanese person that read it laughed their ass off and gave me the thumbs up lol The Old ppl loved it too

There was this one Old Japanese woman that read it once next to me at a light she started laughing and juggleing her boobs and said Opai Dai-Suke, Shit was hilarious, I started laughing, gave her the thumbs up, I said "Hai, Epai" (Yes, Alot) and drove off

spoolandslide
06-18-2008, 01:34 PM
your probably gonna fucking love it
because

you will be taller than everyone there so you will have an amazing view of an otherwise crowded city

your an american so you have immediate respect
you will be able to score on japanese schoolgirls
and
you will eat awesome food the whole time

i say

just jump on the plane
if anything its an adventure in your teenage years, the worst that can happen is you louse your life

EroGori
06-18-2008, 01:34 PM
You'll have a lot of fun but be prepared for a very HUMID summer.

Make sure to eat tons of ramen, sushi and yakiniku. What part of Japan are you going to?

Sileighty_85
06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
your probably gonna fucking love it
because
you will be taller than everyone there so you will have an amazing view of an otherwise crowded city

Not Completley true, Maybe for the older generation. Japanese ppl now adays are a little bit taller

your an american so you have immediate respect

Wrong!, dont forget we nuked two of there major cities so some of them are still pissed off.

Alot of ppl dont like us, expect to get the evil eye in some situation or places depending on the area you are in, Just cuz we are american does not mean we are the shit, we are no better than the Japanese, Hell they're smarter than us in almost every way

you will be able to score on japanese schoolgirls

ALot of families despise there daughters dating Americans, and the Japanese are very respectful when it comes to their families wishes. (depending on how they are raised and area location)
you'll have a better chance talking with them if you speak Japanese, sure they teach alittle bit of English in school for them, but Japanese girls are very shy more than likely you wont communicate with them unless you know some Japanese.

Although I am very agianst your type of thinking, just becuase you are an american you think you are better then them so you expect the girls to just drop their panties and sleep with you.

I speak this way cuz I lived in Japan for a couple of years and My Wife is Okinawan
Im very in depth with the Japanese Culture and I've seen this shit too much

you will eat awesome food the whole time

This I will agree with you on

rokmplutonium
06-18-2008, 02:44 PM
yes its not repectful to tip, but you can give small gifts as thanks for a service done.
Like buying them a round of sake?

Sileighty_85
06-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Like buying them a round of sake?

if your out drinking yeah that would be a good one, more than likely they will repay the favor

when i say gifts, i mean like little trinkets

CrashQueen
06-18-2008, 03:06 PM
first off, have fun and i hope you saved up a lot of money because it's going to be expensive out there.

leave all ethnocentric views behind.

learn a bit about their culture before you go, get a book to associate yourself with basic Japanese phrases, I'm sure they will respect you more not as an American but for your efforts in wanting to learn their culture.

have fun you lucky ass.

StaticX27
06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
There's a really good book out there called "Making out in Japanese" and the sequel "More making out in Japanese." They actually have alot of really solid phrases in there (not just for picking people up). I recommend picking those two up. Secondly, I recommend staying around the Tokyo area, just because standard Japanese is a bit easier to translate out of those phrase books than if you went somewhere that had a dialect. English is a very small minority over there, and you'll find yourself somewhat hard pressed to communicate with the majority of the people. But thankfully for you, the subway system has roman characters in addition to japanese writing system, so you can always just look at the roman characters to orient yourself.

Just be respectful, and even if it's not your fault, just pretend like it's your fault, apologize and move on. Starting shit with people in another country is a good way to have your vacation ended early, so give people the benefit of the doubt and don't cause problems. However, if you're noticing some people being very unusually friendly with you, I'd be very careful, especially if you start eating or drinking with them. Its not uncommon to go drinking with your new "friends" then when bill time comes, they're nowhere to be found. If it happens, I hope you're ready to run back to your hotel in your underwear :P.

Just use smart traveling tips, and common sense and I'm sure you'll have quite a bit of fun. I would also go as late late in summer as possible, 100+ degree heat with 90%+ humidity is not fun ^^.

Sileighty_85
06-18-2008, 03:27 PM
first off, have fun and i hope you saved up a lot of money because it's going to be expensive out there.

learn a bit about their culture before you go, get a book to associate yourself with basic Japanese phrases, I'm sure they will respect you more not as an American but for your efforts in wanting to learn their culture.

Agreed I think I spent a little over 2G's when I was there for 2 weeks, but I was buy car parts and buying stuff for the wife too.

Also if you try to speak Japanese and they start to giggle dont feel embarrased they are not giggleing at you its kinda a term of endearment, you will get a little more respect.
Make sure if you buy a book that it has the pronunciations of the word or phrase.
Lots of the words are pronounced differntly than they appear.

Nante itta-no? = Nan-tae e-ta-no? = What did you say?
Tanoshimo-yo!= Ta-no-she-mo yo!= Lets Party!

cant think of any hard ones right now but I think you get the idea?

There's a really good book out there called "Making out in Japanese" and the sequel "More making out in Japanese." They actually have alot of really solid phrases in there (not just for picking people up).

+1 I wanted to advise that book but the title would that contradicted my previous rant about the Japanese women.

I own it, it is very informative and touches base on all aspects over there
yes & no's
commings and goings
Phone talk
dining out
feeling
asking questions
Just to name a few

*If you were 20 you could go drinking too*
Wisper Wisper* But some japanese places dont ID you though

If you do go drinking, Dont be suprised if some Bars dont let you in, Some Bars are Japanese Only Bars/Clubs just look for the Secret Service guys standing out front.

If they throw their arms up to look like an "X" it means you "cannot come in" or "Dont Do it"

EDIT: GO to a store Called "Familiy Mart" Its like a 711
on the counter they will have a food display thingy Ask for "Spicy Chicken"
By far the best fried chicken I have EVER had!!! it should be a thin fried square of chicken

thefro526
06-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Dude don't be nervous I went at 15 with a group of people and ended up hanging with my friends the whole time. My advice would be:

1) Don't act or look like a tourist, you will get targeted by cons that way. Overall I wouldn't worry about it though it's just something to keep in the back of your head.

2) Be ready to use a squat toilet.

3) People there are very nice and courtious as long as you are also polite.

4) If you don't venture too far off the beaten path of other people you won't see any crime.

5) There are 7-11's and Lawsons and other corner stores everywhere and that's the best way to get snacks and drinks.

6) Always carry the card of the hotel you're staying at with you incase you get lost and need to use a taxi.

7) Public transportation/walking is the easiest way and cheapest way to travel in the cities. Taxi's are expensive as hell.

8) Have a camera ready at all times, you will see some crazy stuff (and cars) all over the place.

9) DO NOT get your currency converted in an Airport. You will get ripped off. If you have a Visa debit card find a post office and use the ATM machines there or at a bank because then you will get the most accurate exchange rate. Before you fly go to a western union or somewhere like that and get the currency converted.

10) Alcohol/Cigarettes are everywhere. I got served at 15 on the bullet train unintentionally, and it's in vending machines. No one will stop you over there but don't act like a fool.

11) The police there were pretty relaxed and cool and good to get help from, but if you do anything wrong then they will hurt you.

12) If you wanna travel really long distances like Hiroshima to Tokyo use the bullet train, buses take about 4 times as long.

13) If you can rent a car, (I think you have to be 20) remember how bad the traffic is and how expensive gas is.

I have many more tips but I hate typing so hit me up on AIM if you want some more. SN is Thefro526

powersteeringless180sx
06-18-2008, 03:30 PM
There's a really good book out there called "Making out in Japanese" and the sequel "More making out in Japanese." They actually have alot of really solid phrases in there (not just for picking people up). I recommend picking those two up. Secondly, I recommend staying around the Tokyo area, just because standard Japanese is a bit easier to translate out of those phrase books than if you went somewhere that had a dialect. English is a very small minority over there, and you'll find yourself somewhat hard pressed to communicate with the majority of the people. But thankfully for you, the subway system has roman characters in addition to japanese writing system, so you can always just look at the roman characters to orient yourself.

Just be respectful, and even if it's not your fault, just pretend like it's your fault, apologize and move on. Starting shit with people in another country is a good way to have your vacation ended early, so give people the benefit of the doubt and don't cause problems. However, if you're noticing some people being very unusually friendly with you, I'd be very careful, especially if you start eating or drinking with them. Its not uncommon to go drinking with your new "friends" then when bill time comes, they're nowhere to be found. If it happens, I hope you're ready to run back to your hotel in your underwear :P.

Just use smart traveling tips, and common sense and I'm sure you'll have quite a bit of fun. I would also go as late late in summer as possible, 100+ degree heat with 90%+ humidity is not fun ^^.

haha i got that book laying around somewhere too...

yea don't worry about getting ripped off in japan. it's like a utopia over compared to the states. just make sure you bring a enough money cuz it will be expensive. do some research online and plan out your vacation. yes and get a guide for the rail way system cuz you'll be using it a lot.

1989rps13
06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Dude for a hotel expect to pay out the ass At least in Okinawa it was Bad
When I went back to Oki to get married to my wife, the cheapest place for 2 weeks was $600 sure doesnt sound that bad but for two ppl to stay in the room they wanted $1,200!!!! I aint about to pay $1,200 to only use a bed
shit was rediculous so I just told them only one person was staying there, but they found out a few day before i left so they charged me 120 bucks extra.

Oh yeah if your going to japan like you said be sure learn their customs and courtesies
dont wanna piss off the worng guy, (Yakuza lol)

Dont be a typical american going over there disrespecting them and not giving a shit about there customs.
(Sorry I've seen it happen too much when I was living in Okinawa)

Alot of ppl have the mentality thinking that just because the Japanese cant speak english they think they stupid and have no common sense

Dont worry about getting ripped off from shops or whatever, Japan has no sales tax so whatever the price you see is the price you pay so you can add up the prices and pretty much know what you will pay.

Easy tip for converting Yen to Dollars say somthing is 20,000Yen just move the decimal or take off 2 Zeros so 20,000Yen = $200.00 depending on the yen exchange rate, Just a rough estimate think of it as pennies.
But most shops will do 100 yen = $1 regardless of the yen exchange rate.

Sorry if you already know this stuff, alot of ppl i met dont know it.

Reserach the internet on food and table manners

and check out a resturant call Coco Ichiban its a curry place, really good curry and order "Nan Bread" (pronounced Non Bread)
and a Yaki Niku (Cooked Meat) Resturaunt call Go-yen Should be a red resturaunt with tons of lights around the sign

thanks for the insight man.. yes i have searched and found its disrespectful to point your feet towards somebody in the railroads! I didnt know about that so it surprised me and now i know what not to do. Oh yea about the yakuza i hear they dont really like people with tattoos over there. Good thing i dont have any or else i would feel very uncomfortable. Thanks for the tip yeah i know the stay may be expensive but i will be looking into the hostels where housing is cheaper. Also thanks for the tip on how to easily convert yen to u.s. dollars! I am going to speak to a travel agent this weekend when i have time off work:rawk:

1989rps13
06-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Go and get lost.

Live life.

I miss Japan.

Have fun.

Thanks man. After working for so much in my two jobs and going to school i think i deserve this trip. After all people already say i dont have a life. Well yeah how can someone have a life when all you do is work and school. Stress Stress is all i can say. School and work is just stressful and i agree just live life and have fun. Hopefully it turns out great:bow:

ESmorz
06-18-2008, 04:04 PM
What do you have to be scared of? Godzilla?

It's a vacation for god sakes. Learn the people, learn a bit of the language, bring lots of cash, and most importantly relax and have a good time.

geeeeeeez

1989rps13
06-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Tokyo is a expensive place to stay in how long you plan to stay?

But anyways just go I bet you going to LOVE Japan!!!

Well im planning to stay there for a week...

Japan has alot of different customs that we are use not to
One thing I love about Japan is there Sence of decency is total differnt, more laid back

Ex: When I was living in Okinawa on the side of my Hachi Roku I Wrote Opai Dai-suke (I Love Boobs) on the fenders
Every Japanese person that read it laughed their ass off and gave me the thumbs up lol The Old ppl loved it too

There was this one Old Japanese woman that read it once next to me at a light she started laughing and juggleing her boobs and said Opai Dai-Suke, Shit was hilarious, I started laughing, gave her the thumbs up, I said "Hai, Epai" (Yes, Alot) and drove off

LOL!! thats freaken funny +1

have fun you lucky ass.

Thats what im planning to do im going to buy a book to learn a couple phrases on my day off from work. Thats the main reason why i want to go is to learn about their culture and their lifestyle as you said.

Thanks a lot im going to look into that book and a several others i have my eyes on. HAHAH yes i wouldnt want to see them dissapear and then stuck with the bill and looking like this:ugh:

Dude don't be nervous I went at 15 with a group of people and ended up hanging with my friends the whole time. My advice would be:

1) Don't act or look like a tourist, you will get targeted by cons that way. Overall I wouldn't worry about it though it's just something to keep in the back of your head.

2) Be ready to use a squat toilet.

3) People there are very nice and courtious as long as you are also polite.

4) If you don't venture too far off the beaten path of other people you won't see any crime.

5) There are 7-11's and Lawsons and other corner stores everywhere and that's the best way to get snacks and drinks.

6) Always carry the card of the hotel you're staying at with you incase you get lost and need to use a taxi.

7) Public transportation/walking is the easiest way and cheapest way to travel in the cities. Taxi's are expensive as hell.

8) Have a camera ready at all times, you will see some crazy stuff (and cars) all over the place.

9) DO NOT get your currency converted in an Airport. You will get ripped off. If you have a Visa debit card find a post office and use the ATM machines there or at a bank because then you will get the most accurate exchange rate. Before you fly go to a western union or somewhere like that and get the currency converted.

10) Alcohol/Cigarettes are everywhere. I got served at 15 on the bullet train unintentionally, and it's in vending machines. No one will stop you over there but don't act like a fool.

11) The police there were pretty relaxed and cool and good to get help from, but if you do anything wrong then they will hurt you.

12) If you wanna travel really long distances like Hiroshima to Tokyo use the bullet train, buses take about 4 times as long.

13) If you can rent a car, (I think you have to be 20) remember how bad the traffic is and how expensive gas is.

I have many more tips but I hate typing so hit me up on AIM if you want some more. SN is Thefro526

Definetely wont be renting a car im planning to stay on foot or use the railroads most of the time. I just want to walk around and look at people and just everything going on around me. Thanks for the tips theyve been really helpful. Well now its time to head out to work.. ugh i hate it. Thats the main reason i cant wait to travel there is just to get rid of stress and have some fun.

yokotas13
06-18-2008, 05:45 PM
you should be scared
i will come from the shadows and kill you if you act stupid

tattoo131313
06-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Damn, I miss Japan. Hell, I miss S.E. Asia in general.Just go to Borders and pick up a couple of books in the travel section.Bring your pocket book ($) and be prepared for one long as flight there.

Sileighty_85
06-19-2008, 08:14 AM
yeah its like a 12-13 hour flight from DFW, I literally did this trip like 10 times back and forth... uggggghhhh
Id recommend wearing some long pajama pants and have a fleece Jacket, It'll get cold on the plane

SW20Racer
06-19-2008, 08:27 AM
http://img1.priceline.com/pcln/gbl/Priceline_NegotiatorJab_800x600.jpg

+

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1041/562117143_6becf96644.jpg?v=0

get the newest version though. im sure some revisions have been made since the 60's

S13SilviaGirl
06-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Fuck I had a whole list typed out then *poof* it was gone. If you want more pointers PM me. I don't have time to re-type them out. I have some good tips after living there for 4 years.

And WTH....no one mentioned UpGarage yet? .... or did I miss that? and Daikoku Futo?

*also* I would avoid the july/august time period, fucking brutal hot and humid....like you dont want to do anything at all, until like midnight.

Sileighty_85
06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
And WTH....no one mentioned UpGarage yet? .... or did I miss that?

Well that should be a given lol No need to be said :P

Jung918
06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Fuck I had a whole list typed out then *poof* it was gone. If you want more pointers PM me. I don't have time to re-type them out. I have some good tips after living there for 4 years.

And WTH....no one mentioned UpGarage yet? .... or did I miss that? and Daikoku Futo?

*also* I would avoid the july/august time period, fucking brutal hot and humid....like you dont want to do anything at all, until like midnight.
:aw:
Can you just post it here as I plan on going to japan this summer also. :bigok:

S13SilviaGirl
06-20-2008, 11:58 PM
:aw:
Can you just post it here as I plan on going to japan this summer also. :bigok:

I will re-type it later....

Jung918
06-26-2008, 03:31 AM
I will re-type it later....

so..... any update? :wiggle:

braingone
06-26-2008, 04:03 AM
Make a best friend with a local on the plane and stay at his place. :D

Absorb all the culture you can, and don't look like a tourist.

miklos
06-27-2008, 05:28 PM
You might like drinking POCARI SWEAT but it's hard to eat the food with tentacles and FUGU.

02BRB20
06-27-2008, 05:50 PM
dude fuck trying to conform to their customs and language

YOURE AMERICAN, WE'RE #1 #1 #1 #1 #1

show up in your cowboy hat, hamburger in one hand and a gun in the other then proceed to rock and roll; theyll dig it cuz they know were cooler then they are, hahahahaha.

O, YOU NO BIG PAPEE???????

1989rps13
06-27-2008, 06:26 PM

show up in your cowboy hat, hamburger in one hand and a gun in the other then proceed to rock and roll; theyll dig it cuz they know were cooler then they are, hahahahaha.

dude i just want to experience/ learn/ see something new. Not just because were in America automaticlly means were #1. Sorry, but i have to totally disagree with that. Anyways, im still planning to go but the weather issue has me thinking. I really cant wait to go but i think i should wait for a nicer climate.

02BRB20
06-27-2008, 07:14 PM
dude w/e, its their fault they dont understand english not ours

WangonwWarrior
06-27-2008, 07:14 PM

:hahano: Na Dude naaa that would be ignorant

Edcel
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey, I am going to Japan also this month. Specifically Tokyo, from the 18th to the 27th. So people what shops/junkyards, if any, can i hit up and get some jdm treasures/goodies.

DALAZ_68
07-01-2008, 11:42 PM
BRING ME A BOX OF STRAWBERRY KIT KATS AND ILL PAY U BACK :bigok:

Leetheslacker
07-02-2008, 01:15 AM
http://www.couchsurfing.com/

theres surprisingly a whole bunch in japan.