06-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Interesting...very interesting.

just1pepsi
06-17-2008, 10:01 AM
have any real sources for this?

steve shadows
06-17-2008, 10:02 AM
What he quoted on the prices is true.

Raising taxes is not going to bring down the price of gas, that's common sense.

In fact what he showed on the left will probably RAISE gas prices even higher.

sillyvia13
06-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Esoteric Agenda google it watch it...
change america!!!!!!!!!
and its shitty diapers.

gas prices WILL NEVER [email protected] [email protected] it will be put aside for rich...
I went out on saturday and no one was on roads in NH wasnt a great day for weather.... but still only one on road was me... on my moped... USA is being played like xbox.

RJF
06-17-2008, 10:06 AM
American-Made Oil and Gas: A History of Support and Opposition
(Percentages are for Every Supply Vote in the House)

When it comes to taking meaningful steps to provide affordable energy to the american people, Congress has both the ability and responsibility to act. Unfortunately, a clear pattern has emerged over the years as one party consistently has fought to increase access to homegrown energy reserves, while the other has consistently voted to expand America’s dependence on foreign, unstable energy instead.

BY THE ISSUE

ANWR Exploration
House Republicans: 91% Supported
House Democrats: 86% Opposed

Coal-to-Liquid
House Republicans: 97% Supported
House Democrats: 78% Opposed

Oil Shale Exploration
House Republicans: 90% Supported
House Democrats: 86% Opposed

Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Exploration
House Republicans: 81% Supported
House Democrats: 83% Opposed

Refinery Increased Capacity
House Republicans: 97% Supported
House Democrats: 96% Opposed

SUMMARY

91% of House Republicans have historically voted to increase the production of American-made oil and gas

86% of House Democrats have historically voted against increasing the production of American-made oil and gas

stiizy
06-17-2008, 10:08 AM
if thats a true promise i'll vote republican even though i dont want to...

sillyvia13
06-17-2008, 10:13 AM

[email protected]@@@@@@@@@
thats all they want...

they lower prices, and there favorites in the voting game...
look at a graph over time gas prices...then look at a graph over layed on same time frame the americans love foe republicans...it rises when gas lowers.............

I hate republicans. I hate democrates...
we need a hitler!!!! oh wait we do, we got BUSH!!! A MAN WITH DOWNSYNDROME leading our NORTH AMERICAN UNION!
SPP!
WE ARE FUCKED...FIND A NICE BOMB SHELTER AND RELAX.

MELLO*SOS
06-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Just looks like some bullshit republican propaganda to me. If you really think that by electing McCain prices will instantly be lowered to $2 I have some bridges for sale...

Our last 8 years of republican "leadership" have really led us down the right path... Then the 8 years before that of dem leadership was amazing, not to mention the 8 years before that of replicans... When will people wake up and realize that both the democratic and republican parties are fucking scams... neither party is qualified to get the job done anymore, they're only interested in scamming the public for political, international and economic power.

Gas prices aren't going anywhere regardless of which of the two major parties you elect. Sure you'll see a (natural) $.50 to $1 drop over the winter, then next year gas prices will be even worse than they are now.. Then a small drop over winter 09, and then 2010 summer prices will be through the roof. Go look at historic crude prices and you'll see what's really going on... Like it or not, gas prices are here to stay... Coupled with the USD inflation and lack of a non-crude fueling infrastructure and lack of non-petro fueled vehicles, we're going to continue being fucked at the pump for another 10+ years IMO. There is already enough crude to flood the marketplace and drop prices, but who (besides the worthless consumer) wants that done? Certainly not Organization for Petroleum Exporting Countries....

just1pepsi
06-17-2008, 10:20 AM
If you vote for a party solely on this stupid shit they you are a moron. Gas prices will never drop, and if they do it is only a temporary thing, oil is non-renewable, so the price will always continue to rise. Consider the other issues before you waste your vote. damnit.

I was referring to the actual cause/effect of the said items on actual per gallon fuel price, not voting history.

ayuaddict
06-17-2008, 10:27 AM
hey.

um i dont know shit about politics or marketing really but...

i have a feeling that if gas companies are already selling gas at $5.00 a gallon and people are buying it, which they are, then would they not want to maximize profits by utilizing the now cheaper gas by keeping the price the same?

blueshark123
06-17-2008, 10:27 AM

well will see after the elections what happens lol

sillyvia13
06-17-2008, 10:32 AM
well will see after the elections what happens lol

or what doesnt happen

Phlip
06-17-2008, 10:50 AM
It looks great on paper, most statistics do...
I just have trust issues, especially as it relates to those who run things with hate, fear and the such.

Thursday
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
hey.

um i dont know shit about politics or marketing really but...

i have a feeling that if gas companies are already selling gas at $5.00 a gallon and people are buying it, which they are, then would they not want to maximize profits by utilizing the now cheaper gas by keeping the price the same?

yuta's right. they dont give a fuck. there laughing all the way to the bank.

bottom line it people HAVE to buy gasm theres no doubt about it.

so there thinking " shit , why not make as much money as we can?!"

YoungGun
06-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Go Ralph Nader!
NADER NATION

sillyvia13
06-17-2008, 11:17 AM
yuta's right. they dont give a fuck. there laughing all the way to the bank.

bottom line it people HAVE to buy gasm theres no doubt about it.

so there thinking " shit , why not make as much money as we can?!"

NO YOU DONT!!!! use hho!
its free....
I am in middle of a project to get it going...
I have a ka with 268k on it...I have a friend who is a computer genuis, he is rom tuning a chip to run ka's with extremely good mpg!

once this is done we are going to add hho to get rediculous mpg...
GOOGLE HHO!!!

and try it dont say it wont work til you have failed!
something needs to change...
make them want us to buy gas not we HAVE too...
I bought a moped...$5 in gas...a month...lol...oh wait I had 4 gallons of race fuel left over...FREE gas for a year...lol...

MAKE CHANGE!!!!!!

Brian
06-17-2008, 11:21 AM
I hope the gas prices stay around this price.

It will get the poor people off the road i hope.

There are WAY too many people driving in SoCal.

Matej
06-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Republicans are puppets of oil mogul lobbyists.

Thursday
06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
i drive a motorcycle

12 dollars = 160ish miles

/thread

Dutchmalmiss
06-17-2008, 11:29 AM
I hope the gas prices stay around this price.

It will get the poor people off the road i hope.

There are WAY too many people driving in SoCal.

It's probably a good thing that these prices are the way they are. The so-called "smarter" choices that Americans are finally making towards driving less, carpooling, selling SUVs, etc, are choices that shouldve been followed a LOONG time ago. People are just realizing it NOW that it's starting to empty their wallets quicker.

Republicans are puppets of oil mogul lobbyists.

I think when you're an oil mogul lobbyist, ANYONE can be your puppet.

Matej
06-17-2008, 11:36 AM
I think when you're an oil mogul lobbyist, ANYONE can be your puppet.
That's why gas will never ever cost 2.10$ again.
The select few sitting up top can care less about regular people, if it wasn't all about shady deals under the table I believe there could be publicly available fuel alternatives out there already, but it's like when the weapons industry needed a boost when they were producing all these excess weapons and ammo that no one was buying up, and suddenly there was war in Iraq.

azndoc
06-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I agree with BH.

I hate paying so much for gas, but I do notice a change in the amount of people driving these days.

I'm thinking most people are carpooling as a result or just not driving as much.

I'm not driving as much these days due to the prices. I make the trip worthwhile and only then do I drive.

Less people on the road is fine by me.

Brian
06-17-2008, 11:43 AM
hopefully there are less poor people on the road, and at the same time, I hope that means less UNINSURED motorists on the road.
I want everyday to look like I am driving in Beverly Hills.
So you KNOW, if something like an accident happens, they got the money and competence to fix the problem.

just1pepsi
06-17-2008, 11:47 AM
You dont like getting rear-ended by non-insurance carrying illegals?

Matej
06-17-2008, 11:48 AM
hopefully there are less poor people on the road, and at the same time, I hope that means less UNINSURED motorists on the road.
Expect insurance rates to keep climbing, as less people buying and insuring cars will result in insurance companies becoming greedier than ever.

Brian
06-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh well.
If thats what it takes, I'm game.

Brian
06-17-2008, 11:56 AM
You dont like getting rear-ended by non-insurance carrying illegals?

haha, yeah exactly.

CrimsonRockett
06-17-2008, 11:58 AM
My next investment will be a fixed gear bike.

I only drive my car to and from work and to pick up my gf every now and then.

With the bike, I can finally go back to the gym, get a good work out, and maybe even ride it to work.

A full tank barely lasts me a week if I drive conservatively.

BustedS13
06-17-2008, 11:59 AM
those rascally democrats! WE MUST DEFEAT THEM!

also this

http://i26.tinypic.com/21358yf.jpg

Brian
06-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, that is my other point.

There needs to be less of these assholes on the road who spent their life savings on a SUV with huge wheels when they look like they can't afford a cardboard box. They need to stop driving and start exercising....
Too many fat people here too...

BustedS13
06-17-2008, 12:00 PM

I only drive my car to and from work and to pick up my gf every now and then.

With the bike, I can finally go back to the gym, get a good work out, and maybe even ride it to work.

A full tank barely lasts me a week if I drive conservatively.

just get a road bike. "fixies" give a good workout (i have a singlespeed road bike for when i want to sweat hard), but you need gears to effectively commute.

Matej
06-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah personally I don't really mind how it is right now either. The 240 gets a respectable mileage, the roads are emptier for me to drive on, and there are less big trucks and suv's to worry about.
But it'll only be a matter of time until automakers catch on and start making more fuel efficient vehicles, and people will start driving again, and then fuel prices will go up again, and u kno brooo.

http://static.metal-archives.com/images/8/6/5/0/8650_logo.jpg

Hope you don't have to go downhill on your route, or girlz will point and giggle. That's why all fixie bros grow beards to mask their identity.

just1pepsi
06-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah, that is my other point.

There needs to be less of these assholes on the road who spent their life savings on a SUV with huge wheels when they look like they can't afford a cardboard box. They need to stop driving and start exercising....
Too many fat people here too...

Hey I'm fat.. but I'm getting back on the bike, weights. -- high blood pressure!
Once I move closer to work I'll only be acouple miles away, so I can ride my bike to work.. hells yeah.

CrimsonRockett
06-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Err, not a fixed gear.

Im being retarded.

Something like a mountain bike.

just1pepsi
06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
my mtn bike is geared too high, even in the lowest gear I can out spin the gearset. my old freestyle (street) bike is geared crazy low.. I can barely get that bastard moving.. I cant believe I ever rode it back in the day. I did use to have massive quads though.. moral of the story? get a bike that is geared right for how you ride.

cgtdream
06-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Im with the bike idea..looking for a better one myself....anywho, look up browns gas...its about retro-fitting your car to run off of water. Interesting ideas behind it..WAS said to be proven to get 60-110% gas effcenciy....

the guy who invented it is dead though(i think), but the patent and idea is still around

Dutchmalmiss
06-17-2008, 12:59 PM
the guy who invented it is dead though(i think

I wouldn't be suprised if he was and NOT for natural cause or disease I might add.

TheRonTom31
06-17-2008, 01:10 PM
has anyone noticed at all that the amount of ethanol used in gas has slowly been rising but only in this year.

All the pump around here have a little tag that tells you how much ethanol is used in the gas. in january it was 4% it is current 10% at the station across the street. We are paying more for shittier gas.

In January I was getting 21 miles per gallon on 93 octane in my SC.

I just did a tune up and oil change and the best i can mange is 16.7 mpg from the same gas station.

just1pepsi
06-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah I noticed, stations around here now advertise "no ethanol" especially Shell. I refuse to put gas w/ ethanol in my truck because of what it does to the inside of the engine.. and I get worse mileage. even if I pay a few cents per gallon more its worth it in the long run.

infinitexsound
06-18-2008, 12:11 AM
i really think theres other ways of producing energy rather then using existing methods...

but for the time being.... i ride my bicycle ALOT.... and i pay 0.00 dollars..
i practically stop driving like 2 years ago. and its saved me alot of money on my car insurance... im all for public transportation... we need more of it...

HIM
06-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Generation X-Nay

We are to busy playing video games and watching tv instead of standing up and protesting like the generations prior.

BustedS13
06-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Generation X-Nay

We are to busy playing video games and watching tv instead of standing up and protesting like the generations prior.

and any protesting that happens is on the internet instead of real life

drift freaq
06-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Err, not a fixed gear.

Im being retarded.

Something like a mountain bike.

More bikes, less SUV's! Maybe Americans will get more real exercise and we won't have as many obese people. :D

Matej
06-18-2008, 01:04 AM
and any protesting that happens is on the internet instead of real life
Ordering my picket sign off Amazon.

nissan<honda
06-18-2008, 05:15 AM
agreed, time to ride the old harro ahah

eastcoastS14
06-18-2008, 09:29 AM
hmm wheres the stats about how much going into Iraq and spending 6 years there will bring down the price of gas?........

oh thats right

Dutchmalmiss
06-18-2008, 09:47 AM
More bikes, less SUV's! Maybe Americans will get more real exercise and we won't have as many obese people. :D

Haha, EXACTLY! Like I said before, maybe it's a good thing prices are this high. It'll force Americans to be smarter about spending money, being healthier (ie biking), and time/space/waste management.

Matej
06-18-2008, 09:54 AM
hmm wheres the stats about how much going into Iraq and spending 6 years there will bring down the price of gas?........
Imagine how much fuel the military wastes every day.

Same goes for Nascar, ban Nascar!

aziankingz
06-18-2008, 10:00 AM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080618/offshore_oil.html

Matej
06-18-2008, 10:21 AM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080618/offshore_oil.html
That's dumb, it would cost lots of time and money (higher taxes likely) to be put into effect, and it would only be a temporary patch, it might even be pointless a few years from now, who knows, cars could be running on something else by then.
If they are to drill anywhere, they need to come up with an agreement to share the arctic.
This is only a plan to fool ignorant people into voting for McCain, and sadly I'm sure many will fall for it.
I don't want there to be more oil, that'll only get in the way of alternative fuel research, I want the oil companies to die off already so I can finally start filling up with 91 octane green moss fuel or something awesome like that.

just1pepsi
06-18-2008, 10:22 AM
68million of undeveloped offshore acreage , and he wants to open up more? get out of the pocked of big oil mr. bush.
I'm so happy right now that the dems rejected this crap, this is going to be the wedge issue this election I guess. gas prices.. I just hope america doesnt show its collective ignorance by choosing a president based on the price of gas.

eastcoastS14
06-18-2008, 11:52 AM
"The U.S. military now uses about 1.7 million gallons of fuel a day in Iraq. Some of that fuel goes to naval vessels and aircraft, but even factoring out JP-5 fuel (which is what the Navy primarily uses), each of the 150,000 soldiers on the ground consumes roughly nine gallons of fuel a day. And that figure has been rising."

hmmm......makes you think

90hatchie
06-18-2008, 01:15 PM
they dont use the fuel we use
they use a deisel jet type fuel not sure on the actual name
gonna ask my brother next time he gets online
he used to drive strykers
was in iraq for 3 and a half years

sillyvia13
06-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Generation X-Nay

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so back to level 6...I been trying all day to defeat mildor and his gang of trolls...

hmmm makes me think... level 7's gonna rock!

CrimsonRockett
06-18-2008, 06:42 PM

Bahahahahaha.

Sounds like you're talking about me specifically, except without the SUV part.

The office made me fat.

:rofl:

spoolandslide
06-18-2008, 07:41 PM
yeah well they only say that so you will vote for their party

and if you do vote republican, then that means we will continue this war for "freedom"

so.....

it kinda looks like were in a pickle my friends

eastcoastS14
06-18-2008, 07:42 PM
they dont use the fuel we use
they use a deisel jet type fuel not sure on the actual name
gonna ask my brother next time he gets online
he used to drive strykers
was in iraq for 3 and a half years

I was thinking they would all be petroleum based tho....so even tho they arent they same thing they probably come from the same companies

I was also watching keith oberman today and he was talking about how gas prices get driven up to the fact there are various people with vested interests in fuel companies that are allowed to speculate about futures in the industry without any systems of checks.....so they speculate that the price will go up, investors take their advice and buy or sell which drives the price up and since the speculators are involved in the company they make money either way

ZX88
06-19-2008, 08:56 AM
ok since when has a party latley held their word i dont see this happening.

RJF
06-19-2008, 12:13 PM
I was also watching keith oberman today

Well, that's your first problem :D

I just want to know why we can't drill for oil in our own country. China is drilling 60 miles off our shore (for Cuba)

just1pepsi
06-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, that's your first problem :D

I just want to know why we can't drill for oil in our own country. China is drilling 60 miles off our shore (for Cuba)

we can and do- there are oil rigs all over the place in my state. There are 68 million acres leased to oil companies to drill on in the gulf coast area, that is un-developed. In otherwords they arent using what they already have, no need for more.

midnight zenki
06-19-2008, 05:30 PM
http://zilvia-images.s3.amazonaws.com/20080617-c27d32hyaxepi1wwpg541rsc6s.jpg

:bs:

Pipedream; did you catch the irony in that? If you seriously ever believe that gas will ever get that low again you have seriously miscalculated. By the time all needed drilling operations are in place and they build the refinery's that are necessary to get it to market global and further domestic instability and demand will drive price back up. What about congress you say? Thats right you better pray that if you swallow this horse-shit that a completely republican house and senate are elected to back it up.

KA24DESOneThree
06-19-2008, 05:57 PM
[email protected]@@@@@@@@@
thats all they want...

they lower prices, and there favorites in the voting game...
look at a graph over time gas prices...then look at a graph over layed on same time frame the americans love foe republicans...it rises when gas lowers.............

I hate republicans. I hate democrates...
we need a hitler!!!! oh wait we do, we got BUSH!!! A MAN WITH DOWNSYNDROME leading our NORTH AMERICAN UNION!
SPP!
WE ARE FUCKED...FIND A NICE BOMB SHELTER AND RELAX.

They're
Overlaid
Democrats
Down Syndrome

Why is it that 95% of the people complaining about Bush's intelligence have none of their own?

The government needs to get its tentacles out of what should be a private industry.

Baka Sama
06-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Sigh...

Democrat this, Republican that. "Vote republican and I promise gas will go down to 2.00 a gallon!" It pains me to hear such blatant propaganda. When will people understand republican and demorcrats are one in the same.

My parents live next to a family of mexicans in a nice neighborhood. I went to visit them and they told me that the family left and went back to mexico because they couldnt take living in America. Im sure gas prices had a little to do with it, but you know its bad when the mexicans are starting to move back to mexico.

Who knows what the future will bring for America. Society is changing just as fast as oil prices. I feel like something big is about to happen, soon..

Matej
06-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Who knows what the future will bring for America. Society is changing just as fast as oil prices. I feel like something big is about to happen, soon..
Americans will be climbing over the fence to Mexico while the government tries to keep them in. :keke:

KA24DESOneThree
06-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Americans will be climbing over the fence to Mexico while the government tries to keep them in. :keke:

With their gas shortages? Doubtful.

Besides, only some of us enjoy automatic weapon fire at 3AM.

sillyvia13
06-20-2008, 03:01 PM
They're
Overlaid
Democrats
Down Syndrome

Why is it that 95% of the people complaining about Bush's intelligence have none of their own?

The government needs to get its tentacles out of what should be a private industry.

becuz hiz educkation aint good enuff for us.

why is it you can fix my words but cant read the message?
NO FENCES IN MEXICO! its open borders. SPP! ftw.
but I am a tard.

OBEEWON
06-21-2008, 05:54 AM

If you notice both parties have double the price.

Reps and Demos are the same thing. Litterally. The names were inverted 100 years ago.

Gas is the least of our worries...seriously...

Something

iwishiwas-all*
06-21-2008, 09:09 AM

I am extremely sorry, but who came up with these statistics again? I mean you have a graphic that says gas prices are going to drop by this much if this happens... who says it gonna? I dont see ANY concrete info or contact any statistical chart, nothing.... AKA chart= pure interNUT speculatory BS. Now let me state the obvious... gas prices are outrageous... we have an administration who has pushed millions of dollars into a not viably produced oil alternative (Ethanol) and has stated that 50% of all corn grown in the US should eventually be for ethanol...... which will inevitably lead to a food shortage... we have opec who is not increasing production because if they do the price will drop considerably... and why would they want that. Congress suggested that oil speculators be "capped" which will help a bit (they just want to clamp down on how far ahead they can speculate) as well as this we are sitting on 25 billion barrels of proven reserves while our neighbor to the north has 16 billion barrels (both of these figures are from 2005, while the prices go up, the oil reserves go up as well, google it).

Canada makes over 70% of their in-country produced oil from tar sands.... tar sands! yes well why dont we do that? well because we are idiots and we have peta and wwf etc to deal with.

I got more man ill be back.