PDA

View Full Version : Wanted

BustedS13
06-15-2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/wantedwebsite.jpg

who's looking forward to this movie? when I first saw the trailer like six months ago, it looked ridiculous... but then i read the comic, which is among the darkest i've ever seen. if you dig comics, pick up the trade of this one. it's the shit. but while the source material seemed sweet, the movie looked like it was just raping it. then i saw the "making of" featurette online, which is packed with awesome shots, and faith was restored.
the movie takes great liberty modifying the story, although, if they hadn't, it'd just play out like a hard R Hellboy... and from what i've seen, fuck it, this movie is going to rule.

http://i26.tinypic.com/xgbexk.jpg

here's seven minutes of the movie, pretty ridiculous chase scene
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/15/watch-7-minutes-of-wanted-and-get-smart/

here's the international red band trailer
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/23/wanted-international-trailer-kicks-ass-red-band-style/

here's the featurette. if you're remotely interested at this point, watch this
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/17/wanted-featurette-will-actually-make-you-excited-to-see-the-movie/

http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/images_5/WantedPoster_000.JPG

Wanted is in theaters June 27th.

ThatGuy
06-15-2008, 05:46 PM
While the trailers looked pretty far fetched, and the physics of curving a bullet made me want to shy away...

Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie in the cast pretty much sold me on seeing it.

It looks like one of those movies that will hopefully keep me entertained enough to over look the ridiculousness.

SimpleS14
06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
awesome find +rep....now I'm really hyped to see this movie. :)

PhAtXSuMo
06-15-2008, 06:40 PM
i've been wanting to watch this ever since i saw this as a preview while watching national treasure!! im so psyhced to see this!!!

touge monster
06-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Trailer looks bomb. Will definately have to check it out!

Phlip
06-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I been thinking that I wanted to see it since actually paying attention to the trailer the other day.
I mean, I am not huge on Angelina Jolie, but the movie seems interesting.

DALAZ_68
06-15-2008, 09:29 PM
this movie is borderline...curving a bullet...wtf

but angie is hot so why not...

BTW...search for the movie GIA...angie shows her goods in it...:naughtyd:

ESmorz
06-15-2008, 11:06 PM
BTW...search for the movie GIA...angie shows her goods in it...:naughtyd:

She also looks like a butch coke whore in it soo... it's not all that impressive lol

BustedS13
06-24-2008, 10:52 AM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wanted/

ohhhhhh my. 83% freshness. this is going to pwn

an_orange_s2k
06-24-2008, 01:34 PM
this movie looks awesome and i cant wait to watch it. +rep for you

BustedS13
06-27-2008, 01:21 AM
just saw it. it's kind of bizarre that this is what they got from the source material. they kind of just throw the comic's storyline out the window save a few scraps.

that said, this movie stomps balls. probably my favorite movie of the year thus far.

oh, and p.s.

at one point, Angelina Jolie drives a Datsun 510 sedan with a pink dildo shifter. clearly, this movie was made to pander to Zilvia. go see it.

motegineon
06-27-2008, 02:03 AM
yea i saw it as well

def some far fetched parts

but overall the movie was pretty badass

and angie was fukin amazing hott!

DRavenS13
06-27-2008, 02:10 AM
While the trailers looked pretty far fetched, and the physics of curving a bullet made me want to shy away...

It looks like one of those movies that will hopefully keep me entertained enough to over look the ridiculousness.

Well, when you think about it, having knives coming out of your hands, aliens in red underwear and turning into a huge green monster (literally) when you get mad is pretty far-fetched too.

But, you're a mod so I'll let it go..... :p

hunter8411
06-27-2008, 03:39 AM
Once you get past how unrealistic 90% of the stuff is, it is a very good movie to watch. I would definetly recommend seeing it, and was worth going to the midnight show for.

Sil-Abc
06-27-2008, 03:41 AM
hella good movie with a nice look of jolies back covered in tats with her booty :D

funniest parts ever
"then shoot this motha fucka"

ellisonrox
06-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Disappointed by the lack of frontal nudity on Angelina Jolie's part.. but a pretty decent and entertaining movie.. I'd give it a B and a definite "check it out."

Dutchmalmiss
06-27-2008, 03:55 AM
Just came back from the midnight showing and some early breakfast. Angelina is still hot; too bad she couldn't make full use of that R rating :naughty: . Oh well, movie as a whole was actually a lot better than I expected. I give it a B/B+ish rating. Good stuff.

Sil-Abc
06-27-2008, 04:54 AM
o man i love morgan freeman haha

SHIFT_*grind*
06-27-2008, 06:41 AM
It looks so completely over the top and impossibly far fetched.

I will DEFINITELY be seeing it.

kyoru
06-27-2008, 08:23 AM
this movie looks awesome, will definitely check it out.

xblack240x
06-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Cant wait to see this movie later. As far as the movie being far fetched I don't mind, it is entertainment after all.

mrpeepers
06-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Movie was tiiiiight! definately reccomend it..plus you get to see angelina jolie's glistening butt

motegineon
06-27-2008, 11:18 AM
yea shoot this mutha fucka was def the most halarious part

2Slow40
06-27-2008, 11:47 AM
His best friend cracked me up

*after getting knocked out* "he's the man...."

legacy927
06-27-2008, 01:14 PM
im goin tonight to see it...

shes so HOT!!!!!!

LB.Motoring
06-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Already saw it last night, midnight showing,

I turned of my logic side brain and enjoyed the piss outta it,

I play with guns, it made me a little trigger happy, There is no way anyone on earth could make any of those shots, but it looked damn sweet.

8/10

Id suggest see it!

DUFFM4N
06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
gonna go see it tonight

BustedS13
06-27-2008, 04:53 PM
i might go see it again, shit was rad, except for

******SPOILER ALERT HIGHLIGHT TO SPOIL*****
what the FUCK was up with the "loom of fate" shit? i read the comic, and it was outlandish, but then they go and toss the original outlandish story for some madness about a textile loom that sends messages in binary? what the shit is that?!
/SPOILERS

oh well, it was still awesome.

240love^_^
06-27-2008, 05:08 PM
^^^That spoiler is so tempting!!!
But I'm not going to highlight it. LoL
Can't wait to see this movie tonight!!!

2Slow40
06-27-2008, 05:27 PM
******SPOILER ALERT HIGHLIGHT TO SPOIL*****
what the FUCK was up with the "loom of fate" shit? i read the comic, and it was outlandish, but then they go and toss the original outlandish story for some madness about a textile loom that sends messages in binary? what the shit is that?!
/SPOILERS

Yeah, I heard they kinda tossed the comic story out the window. I don't care though, I never read the comic. The movie was great the way it was. lol

MikeisNissan
06-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Just watched the movie. It was quite entertaining. Guy dies!

iluvpandas4
06-27-2008, 10:55 PM
so much more humorous than i thought it would be, which made it really entertaining. i thought it was going to be more than a guns out guy movie the way the early trailers looked but i still enjoyed it.

MikeisNissan
06-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Whoever neg repped me for my comment above is a homosexual jackass, I was simply joking around. I am mature enough to know not to spoil movies, have you heard of sarcasm? You could at least leave your username you punkass candy ass pussy, suck a fat cock and go kill yourself you worthless piece of shit.

ESmorz
06-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Whoever neg repped me for my comment above is a homosexual jackass, I was simply joking around. I am mature enough to know not to spoil movies, have you heard of sarcasm? You could at least leave your username you punkass candy ass pussy, suck a fat cock and go kill yourself you worthless piece of shit.

http://celticclothing.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/Irish-Temper.jpg

:keke:

1QUICK4
06-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Definately a great movie. go see it

jackjack
06-29-2008, 10:10 PM
tried to go, but it was sold out friday. i'll be seeing it this week for sure.

beeracing s14
06-29-2008, 11:25 PM
i looooooooooove angelina.. too bad im too grown up for her to adopt me :)

slider2828
06-29-2008, 11:29 PM
It was junk.... So unbelievable.... Stupid stuff about the plot near the end about morgan freeman's character... Please.... whatever... Should have spent my money watching wall-e, or save money for hancock or hellboy 2....

imnotmatt1189
06-29-2008, 11:57 PM
i saw it saturday night!

i thought it was pretty awesome... except for the part on how they get their assignments to kill people... i thought that was kinda wack... good movie though.

Kaizen.
06-30-2008, 03:11 AM
Just saw it few hours ago. Worth the 10.25.

I like Morgan Freeman at the end...... "Kill this Mother Fucker"!!! lol

Better than I expected.

B+

Bubbles
06-30-2008, 05:26 AM
at one point, Angelina Jolie drives a Datsun 510 sedan with a pink dildo shifter.

Serious or baiting me?

Hmmmm........

nastynate805
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Movie was good i saw it and wall-e and if i had to choose between em i would rather have seen "wanted" wall-e just wasn't what i was expecting and wanted was just cool.Lots of action made it great.

BustedS13
06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
It was junk.... So unbelievable.... Stupid stuff about the plot near the end about morgan freeman's character... Please.... whatever... Should have spent my money watching wall-e, or save money for hancock or hellboy 2....

yeah, they should make more movies about realistic situations
like a guy sitting on his couch trying to decide between burger king or mcdonalds
for 90 minutes

i'd watch that, it speaks to me

ESmorz
06-30-2008, 03:19 PM
yeah, they should make more movies about realistic situations
like a guy sitting on his couch trying to decide between burger king or mcdonalds
for 90 minutes

i'd watch that, it speaks to me

You would, and you'd fucking like it!

Because I'm really hungover and I said so!

SHIFT_*grind*
06-30-2008, 03:24 PM
It was junk.... So unbelievable....
Should have spent my money watching wall-e, or save money for hancock or hellboy 2....

Logic error. Does not compute.

SC_S13
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
"What the fuck have YOU done lately"

Haha, watched it twice, thought it was pretty good. They did a good job of mixing good humor into it. Now i'm really interested in finding the comic. The main guy was definitely a good pick. "fuck fuck FUCK!!!" hahaha

BustedS13
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
"What the fuck have YOU done lately"

Haha, watched it twice, thought it was pretty good. They did a good job of mixing good humor into it. Now i'm really interested in finding the comic. The main guy was definitely a good pick. "fuck fuck FUCK!!!" hahaha

comic is infinitely darker, it's worth buying.

steve shadows
06-30-2008, 03:45 PM
i looooooooooove angelina.. too bad im too grown up for her to adopt me :)

you can always dream

Bobafreak
06-30-2008, 03:46 PM
ill watch it see whats up.

charlie321
06-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Yea i saw the movie with a couple of my friends, i'd also suggest seeing it haha, was worth the time.

"pussy........pussy.......pussy pussy pusssy...." LOL

2Slow40
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM

Was that sarcasm? Sarcasm is really hard to pick up over the Internet!

But judging by the movies you would have rather seen (because they're so much more believable right?), I'm gonna say you were being sarcastic lol

06-30-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm going to check this out.

Vision Garage
06-30-2008, 05:36 PM
All I can say is that no one can jump that far!!

slider2828
06-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Exactly what Vision garage was saying it is just detached from what they can do and can't do. I don't want to say too much as people might not have seen the movie. Its just little inconsistent stuff that makes it annoying. I think there are better shoot em up movies out there such as "Shoot em up" with Clive Owen. Much better than this movie....

Bobafreak
06-30-2008, 06:18 PM
shoot em up was a good movie but i figured it would be fake and unrealistic especially with the whole curve ball bullet technique. You just have to have a imagination. Hello Matrix!! Everyone thought it was fake but you saw people trying to jump walls, wearing trench coaches and the whole nine.

jimmytango00
06-30-2008, 06:23 PM
^Well, the matrix was different, nothing was reall, so it made sense that they could bend the rules, just like anyone can when they're in a dream.

I thought Wanted was great, in a sense they werent normal, their body produced more adrenaline than the average human. Im sure we can all agree that we do some pretty amazing shit when we have an adrenaline rush. Some stuff was over the top, but thats hollywood.

i give it a B+

BustedS13
06-30-2008, 07:11 PM
the movie's adapted from a comic about a group of supervillains. i'm kind of confused why the even bothered, if they were going to leave supernatural gun bowling in there.

mrpeepers
06-30-2008, 07:49 PM
BWAAHAHAH that is exactly what i thought! GUN BOWLING BWAHAH

koroshiya87
06-30-2008, 08:00 PM
movie was pretty dope, shit was dope when angelina jumped in that 510 with the pink dildo shifter unfortuantly i had no one to share my excitment with i went alone

KA24DESOneThree
06-30-2008, 09:52 PM
at one point, Angelina Jolie drives a Datsun 510 sedan with a pink dildo shifter. clearly, this movie was made to pander to Zilvia. go see it.

It was actually a Fiat, I believe.

slider2828
06-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Only that guy had extreme andrenaline... Not everyone was like that.... The matrix was all fake where as this is like normal people being able to curve a bullet please.....

jfc3po
06-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Only that guy had extreme andrenaline... Not everyone was like that.... The matrix was all fake where as this is like normal people being able to curve a bullet please.....

Angelina had it.....Mr.X had it.....Cross had it.....

When Angelina was laying on the hood of the viper, it showed her point of view and her vision was pulsing....just like Wesley and Mr. X.....

And seriously....why bitch about it being unrealistic?

Its based off of a graphic novel....which is basically a comic book for adults....

Why even walk into the movie with hopes of it being realistic?

That being said, the movie was BADASS. I saw it twice. Enjoyed every minute of it....good music too.

murda-c
06-30-2008, 11:41 PM

Sounds like you just had trouble understanding the plot...

sidewayzsx
07-01-2008, 01:24 AM
It was actually a Fiat, I believe.

great movie thumbs up btw it wasnt datsun or fiat it was a LADA russain car ;)

BustedS13
07-01-2008, 09:38 AM

yeah, i didn't see the trim on the c pillar, but the front and rear looked very 510-esque. i'm sure the russians just ripped it off.

FaLKoN240
07-01-2008, 11:32 AM
I saw it last night, and I watched it and kept saying "This is ridiculous..."

WITH A HUGE SMILE ON MY FACE.

Come on, if you saw the previews and was even tempted to see this movie, you could tell it was going to be over the top ridiculous.

The movie would've been gay if the only unrealistic thing they did was curve bullets.

I love how she jumped the Viper and none of the suspension arms got bent, if anything THAT is the most unrealistic part. Not to mention driving it around with 2 tires popped like its nothing.

My friend has a Viper on 295s and he says he can't get it to grip up when he's pushing it, so there's no way that thing would even be feasible to drive missing one rear tire.

rainier
07-01-2008, 04:42 PM
the movie was worth my 7 bucks. maybe because i watched it at a drive in, and then stayed parked and watched the hulk right after.

ESmorz
07-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I watched it last night. I thought it was cool. Leave all the bullshit at the door, go in with an open mind and take it all with a grain of salt and enjoy the movie.

Angelina looked pretty damn old in a few parts of this movie though... sad.

All in all I thought it was pretty bad ass, the head shots were gnar gnar binks.

KA24DESOneThree
07-02-2008, 08:09 AM

Ladas were copies of...

but likely correct nonetheless.

ClutchKick.N.dowNshifT
07-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Just saw this movie last night it was so good just the first 10 min alone was intense, but the cgi and the unrealistic really brought the movie down i gave it a B-

1QUICK4
07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
For those of you that don't wanna see it in theatres the internet has a solution for you.

http://www.tv-links.cc/redir4.php?l=aHR0cDovL215bW92aWVzLndzL1ZpZXdWaWRlb y5waHA/dGlkPTImcGlkPTk3NiZpZD01OTc1Iw

BustedS13
07-03-2008, 08:54 PM
i'm seeing it again in an hour. i get off work at 11 (double time overtime is pretty balls out!) and it starts at 11:10. good times

beeracing s14
07-03-2008, 09:38 PM
i always find angelina sexy while holding a gun.

drifts135
07-11-2008, 08:38 AM
I didn't like the plot twist at all. That actually ruined the movie completely for me. All of the action sequences, which were most of the movie, were good but I really just got turned off by how the plot twists and the fact that the last 5 minutes of the movie was way too......cliche? (not necessarily the word im looking for but people who saw it you get where im going)

Another thing that really turned me off is did anyone else just think the entire time....

fight club w/guns + office space = this movie

BTW, I know I'm bumping a week old thread. Sorry I'm late and uncool.

BustedS13
07-11-2008, 09:22 AM
I didn't like the plot twist at all. That actually ruined the movie completely for me. All of the action sequences, which were most of the movie, were good but I really just got turned off by how the plot twists and the fact that the last 5 minutes of the movie was way too......cliche? (not necessarily the word im looking for but people who saw it you get where im going)

Another thing that really turned me off is did anyone else just think the entire time....

fight club w/guns + office space = this movie

BTW, I know I'm bumping a week old thread. Sorry I'm late and uncool.

the only thing i really didn't like about this movie was his cliche best friend with the one liners and shit, acting like steve stiffler.