PDA

View Full Version : Is Formula D Fake??????

rps13drift
06-15-2008, 02:53 PM
So yesterday i went to the formula d event with my fellow east coast bros! The event was pretty sweet and the cars both competing and showing were super awesome! I was also super pumped that i got to see some DA aces cars in person! westco justins fc3s was super gnarly and Brian W's car from MA-MOTORSPORTS was so rad!(Dousan where the hell were you:-/ )
Any how on too the drifting and me questioning the event! There was one round of tandem in particular that seemed realy odd! It was some conrad guy with the corvette going against Takatori in his autobacs skyline. They started ripping and did some high speed drifts then in the last match the driver of the skyline supposedly lost control(he drove the car in a straight line off the track) instantly giving the vette driver who the annoucers were making a big deal about the win! The crash i witnessed was honestly the worst thing ever! He started doing a nice drift around the turn then honestly without spinning out or braking just coasted off the track forfitting the win to vette driver guy. To me it just seemed realy weird that this guy who i think competed in D1 was doing absolutly unbelievable all day would just drive straight off a track! Me and my buddies also called every winner before the match even started. Pretty much if you drove a GM or viper you were guaranteed a victory(except ryan tuerck:-/ ).
It was also funny that when they would annouce the winners after a run the whole crowd would scream at the annoucers for their decisions on who won! Mad people left early muttering shit as they left like(this shit is fake and all that jazz)

So is formula d like the WWF wrestling of cars or am i just retarded?
Please voice some opinions
-mike-

adrians_s13
06-15-2008, 02:56 PM
imo.. its more commercializing than anything... and that scion tc proves it... :-/

rps13drift
06-15-2008, 02:58 PM
imo.. its more commercializing than anything... and that scion tc proves it... :-/

Word!!! I had a better time looking at cars in the parking lot than in the actual competition

alexander500
06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
I felt the same way after seeing Formula D at Summit Point WV last year. There may be something to this but, us little people will never know.

DohcKA
06-15-2008, 03:09 PM
formula d is hella whack... went to the first one in sonoma years ago and from that day forward i set my mind on d1.... formula d has weak judges and all... its just whack

ZX88
06-15-2008, 03:53 PM
that skyline as it went off the track caught the cable for the camera guy on the scaple thing ( not sure what its called) and almost pulled him off. but yeah i not really a fan of the set up they had i kind of wish they used the bank. And it fucking took forever for the runs to start.

ILoveMyRHS13
06-15-2008, 03:54 PM
He had the wrong line, I watched the whole thing. I knew as soon as he started his line was way off. JROD pissed me off hardcore, though calling Takatori's R34 a 240. >:|

adrians_s13
06-15-2008, 03:57 PM
as long as you have an event that's going to be judged, you'll always have controversy on whether or not its been judged right.

regardless though, I still enjoy it :)

TiNMAN
06-15-2008, 03:58 PM
hella fake

dmragecm
06-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Word!!! I had a better time looking at cars in the parking lot than in the actual competition

haha me and my friends left for a bit to grab a bite and when we came back to watch the show, we just stayed in the parkin lot and looked at all the cars lol. did u see the two tone i thnk grey and black ae86 mmmmmm. so many 240s. e shift had some awesome cars and i forgot who it was but they had a gorgeous white r32 and two 240s.

Felipe
06-15-2008, 04:09 PM

-mike-

ha ha i cant wait till girls with big boobs start drifting and fight each other in the pits. :naughty:

azndoc
06-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Westco justin is not the one that runs the fc.

That's JTP Justin Powlack (so?)

Westco justin doesn't compete in FD.

Dousan is out of town.

worangejuice
06-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Same shit was said about D1. It's funny cause the guys who win ARE buddies of the judges and do vids with them. But it's kool cause it's Nomuken and Kumakubo.:)

bboyoracle
06-15-2008, 07:09 PM

Speaking of fake wrestling:rofl:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1814290

/threadjack

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
The judges sometimes pick the person who they think the fans want to advance instead of who actually won the round. It's hard to say it's fake because there's no clear cut winner on a race where there is no finish line.

pinkarrowsnow
06-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah that sounds sorta beat rps I went on friday when they had practice and the public wasnt supposed to be there and watched and went into the pits. Didnt get hassled once and was probably so much better than going to the actual event that was packed haha. Me and my friends were like the only kids not on team there.

TipStylez
06-15-2008, 08:14 PM
I always had a sketchy feeling about FD. It just seemed real corny and fake when i watch it, thats what i only watched acouple sessions and got bored really fast...

IIIXziuR
06-15-2008, 08:22 PM

Dousan is out of town.

I forget who was driving the other FC at this event,
but the one he is talking about isn't JTP's car.
JTP's car was having technical difficulties at this event and
he made an attempt to qualify using Brian W.'s S13

worangejuice
06-15-2008, 08:29 PM
"that was a gangster drift..." "shark energy drink"...that's all i remember from that douche face who commentates. Ruins it.

RacerfreakXXX
06-15-2008, 09:01 PM
As far as FD being fake... I'd say it's almost like wrestling as in they go by crowd reactions compared to actually being able to drift better. However tony didn't advance in his rx8 and the crowd was so pissed.

As for Takatori, I spent the day with him and toyo... He is relearning his car. If you follow d1 he crashed las year and had to rebuld his car for FD. I mean he has competed in 2 events already but it's a new track and different from D1 tracks. I know they had to swap in a new tranny for e-town so that could have contributed to it too.

Z33dori
06-15-2008, 10:21 PM
yea i'm personally not a fan of how FD is commercialized, judged, and handled.

much rater go to a Nopi D event..

iwishiwas-all*
06-15-2008, 10:51 PM
yea i'm personally not a fan of how FD is commercialized, judged, and handled.

much rater go to a Nopi D event..

have u been to a nopi drift event??? i mean besides brian and stewart i thought nopi is whack compared to fd

lflkajfj12123
06-16-2008, 12:34 AM
and you guys think d1 is any better

its all politics

Flipzide
06-16-2008, 12:37 AM
and you guys think d1 is any better

its all politics

Yea I've always thought D1 was more rigged than FD (especially after that one event USA vs Japan event in Irwindale), but then again D1 is more entertaining so....... :rolleyes:

womenbeshoppin
06-16-2008, 12:41 AM
No shit. I had more realistic drift events on my computer desk with hotwheels, but really there are some bullshit moments in FD.

rps13drift
06-16-2008, 08:13 AM

Dousan is out of town.

Ohhh! i knew the driver of that awesome blue Fc was a DA ace and his name was justin! i guess i assumed his name was westco justin because i for some reason always hear that name! LOL! Any who the car is fuckin hot fire!

Z33dori
06-16-2008, 10:24 AM
have u been to a nopi drift event??? i mean besides brian and stewart i thought nopi is whack compared to fd

Yes i have been to 3 nopi events, 1 d1 event and 1 FD event

Bobafreak
06-16-2008, 10:54 AM
yep that would be justin p! I like the car when it had the nice mercedes tint. sighhhh....Yeah ill pass on a Formula event. Then again i am going when its in vegas with the homies....lol.

s13coupedrfter
06-16-2008, 11:06 AM
This is the problem with drifting due to the fact that it's purely an aesthetic sport. It's lame when anyone trys to label and judge a form of art.

90hatchie
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
i was talking to takatori after fd and he said fd is alot better then d1
fd dosnt have the mob reaching down ur throat
ross can correct me

ILoveMyRHS13
06-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Wait, are you guys talking about this car?
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/RPS13Doug/Formula%20D%20Englishtown/DSC03362.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/RPS13Doug/Formula%20D%20Englishtown/DSC03362.jpg

IIIXziuR
06-16-2008, 11:24 AM
JTP's car is so effing sick!
That blue with the white TE's looks BOSS!!!

ZX88
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
that fc was sick!! as for if FD is fake or not. I dont really care who wins i just go to these events to see drifting.

DohcKA
06-16-2008, 01:48 PM
whoever said i dont watch enough d1 and gave me neg rep points is stooop dont tell me if i watch it enough... haha dumb fuck... who are you to tell me what i do....

HyperTek
06-16-2008, 01:50 PM
i miss the old Drift Showoff events and the old D1 events that where 1 day events.. not this 3 day events so they can milk money off people who wanna see all of it...

IIIXziuR
06-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah HyperTek I hear ya dude

Yuri
06-16-2008, 02:06 PM
US:
Drifting to please corporate sponsors = fake.
Sleeping in motorhomes while driving at events. = fake
drift cars that cost more than $5K to initially buy = fake.
Setting up courses to encourage crashing. = fake and whack.
Any of the "promised" prizes in an amateur drift comp = usually turn out to be fake.

Japan:
Not MSC = fake

Z33dori
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
MSC is prolly the best of the best for real drifting. it's pretty much as good as watch college football.

azndoc
06-16-2008, 02:40 PM
MSC is the best to watch.

Privateers win.

lyrical struggle
06-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Its a subjective motorsports. Cant really think of any car related motorsport that is judged. What do you expect? It's fun to watch though i stopped caring about the outcomes along time ago. If you are not the big three (sam, rhys, tanner) chances are you will not win.

Brian
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
I bet RHYS is not gonna drive next season

Z33dori
06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
oh-really?

*evil smirk*

IIIXziuR
06-16-2008, 05:17 PM
...because some one is going to Nancy Kerrigan his knees.

cough D.A. guys cough

lflkajfj12123
06-16-2008, 05:20 PM
msc is the jam

i have the one video with burst

Z33dori
06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
...because some one is going to Nancy Kerrigan his knees.

cough D.A. guys cough

lol wow
....well 09 should be interesting... or maybe the rest of 08 atleast.

SimpleSexy180
06-16-2008, 05:39 PM
so we all agree MSC owns all competitions <3<3

Z33dori
06-16-2008, 05:42 PM
pretty much..

now to youtube to watch some MSC

deadpirate
09-23-2008, 01:26 PM
.....ifeel it necessary to add my opinion onto this thread, even though it is 3 months old, only because i am part of one of the race teams in question.

Takatori did not go off track because " Formula D fakeness" or because he was told to, he went off track because he was pushing at 150% against conrad trying to keep up with the torque that vette has. Takatori had gotten about 3 hours of sleep the night before because we were at the track till 3 am swapping out our transmission with another car. takatori simply pushed as hard as he could, and unfortunatly, he pushed to hard and it caused him to go off track. Formula D officials and drivers know about D1 and what goes on in that series. and Formula D had a big meeting with the drivers to get their opinions n judging, race line and everything else.
Formula D is not scripted, it is not pre-planned. yes there are questionable calls...as with any subjective sport. but it is not scripted.

Takatori left D1 because of many reasons, one was because D1 is scripted for the most part, and two, because keiichi is like the mafia, get on his bad side, and your fucked

rps13drift
09-23-2008, 01:48 PM
THREAD FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!!!!
Lol Its all good man. But honestly since me being at every formula d/D1event they have had on the east coast none of those shits even closely compared to the first annnuel EAST COAST BASH that we got to experience this august.
Personaly im done with the big drift competitions and all that jazz. I had so much more fun watching REAL dedicated drift enthusiests drifting REAL cars all in the spirit of fun and love for the motorsport.

IIIXziuR
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Its much cooler when its just some small fry jerks burning up their own tires (which they purchased with their own $) and driving their own cars. Politics ruin everything, it should be fun.

I just like to hang out, that's neat.

deolio
09-23-2008, 04:35 PM
THREAD FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!!!!
Lol Its all good man. But honestly since me being at every formula d/D1event they have had on the east coast none of those shits even closely compared to the first annnuel EAST COAST BASH that we got to experience this august.
Personaly im done with the big drift competitions and all that jazz. I had so much more fun watching REAL dedicated drift enthusiests drifting REAL cars all in the spirit of fun and love for the motorsport.

agreed. formula d is like x-games. it's not a true representation of the sport.

ZenkiGTS
09-23-2008, 06:15 PM
whack from day 1.....

!Zar!
09-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Bah.

Whatever.

I don't think it's scripted. But I do not like it really.

I mean, I am into REAL drifting.

You know, a well used s13 against an ae86.

Not this Scion TC vs Honda Element bullshit.

deadpirate
09-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Bah.

Whatever.

I don't think it's scripted. But I do not like it really.

I mean, I am into REAL drifting.

You know, a well used s13 against an ae86.

Not this Scion TC vs Honda Element bullshit.

i completly agree, but its because of the bigger events( D1/FD) that allows the smaller events to prosper