PDA

View Full Version : Fight The Thieves!!! GPS for your car...

sideways7
06-15-2008, 01:10 AM
I was watching a little tv today and came across a segment on Attack Of The Show about this little device. http://gps-snitch.com/ . Its a portable GPS device that works in any area where there is cell phone coverage.

It has some cool features like a motion sensing feature that activates the device when it senses movement or leaves a security perimeter, and sends you an alert to your cell phone.

Its a bit pricey but compared to the money that we spend on our cars its really not that bad.

You can also use it if you think your girlfriend/boyfriend is cheating on you. Just hide it in their car and you can see where they go and where they've been.

usdm180sx
06-15-2008, 09:15 AM
For $399.99 it's cheaper than a lojack.

eastcoastS14
06-15-2008, 09:25 AM
ha repost!

I posted this last year....was considering getting in touch with them and doing a group buy, 240 owners slack tho so even at $399 ppl will say they are gonna buy it then spend their money elsewhere

98s14inaz
06-15-2008, 09:57 AM
There is another option too. Verizon has this service called "chaperone". Basically it is for parents to track kids via gps. You can set zones and get alerts via cell phone txt or email when the "child" leaves those areas. There is a write up about hardwiring/hiding a cell phone in your car and paired with this service might be exactly what we need. IIRC the service costs $10 a month and you obviously have to have it on another line. I just thought I would toss that out there considering I am working for a Verizon retailer again.

MADE
06-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Doesn't cover Mexico. BOO But it might be better cause with lo jack you have to depend on the cops to find the time to look for your trash. With this you can show up to the chop shop without back-up and burn that fucker down.