PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2008

SimpleS14
06-14-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm surprised a thread on this sport event hasn't surfaced yet. Is it because of the times these games air?

I'm trying my best to follow the games either online or through ESPN networks. Quite some upsets so far in the tournament (i.e. Italy vs. Netherlands).

Anyone have a favorite to win it all? I have my hopes on Portugal or even Netherlands with the way they've been playing.

DOOK
06-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I"m watching greece vs russia right now on ESPN2... russia 1-0 end of the first half draws near... it was a sloppy ass goal too...

SimpleS14
06-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I"m watching greece vs russia right now on ESPN2... russia 1-0 end of the first half draws near... it was a sloppy ass goal too...

Agreed, the goalkeeper made such a stupid decision.

DOOK
06-14-2008, 01:35 PM
greece took Euro 2004 actually... from watching two of their games thus far, sweden and this russia game... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they are not defending their crown this time around... speaking of games however, USA vs barbadoas sunday evening... support your country guys.

ps... julie fowdy is ugly as fucking sin... give me mia as a commentator for christ's sake

SC_S13
06-14-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm highly disappointed in Germany, but I'm not surprised with Portugal at all. They gots it.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
06-14-2008, 01:42 PM
how about that david villa goal to end the sweden-spain game. ballerific.

special note: allez les bleus.

DOOK
06-14-2008, 01:43 PM
how about that david villa goal to end the sweden-spain game. ballerific.

special note: allez les bleus.

extremely poor defense... that goal should never of happened, but he exhibited flawless placement for sure

Taniguchi_Is_#1
06-14-2008, 01:45 PM
extremely poor defense... that goal should never of happened, but he exhibited flawless placement for sure

yeah, that ball should've never gotten there, but he had a great first touch and it was all over.

DOOK
06-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Pavlacenko should have made it a 2 goal game... poor effort

mRclARK1
06-14-2008, 02:05 PM
I've been watching when I have time. Always been my favorite sport. I was a little surprised when I heard the UK didn't even qualify. :(

I would say my money is on Portugal this year. I have a feeling about them.

Used to play competitively until the end of high school. Could have easily played college level if I'd attended immediatly after high school. Probably still could, just don't have the time. :-/

eli_eli
06-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Ive been following every game so far, and from the looks of it, it looks like its Portugal's year, and very likely Netherlands, but if Italy gets through the group stage somehow, i see them in semi finals easy...or if France gets through somehow, them too, but a lot of credit to Romania, they are really playing well...we'll see what happens...Czech Republic is playing well too, though they really miss Rosicky

SimpleS14
06-15-2008, 02:47 PM
oh man Czech Republic vs. Turkey has to be one of the most epic games so far in this tournament.

Such a huge comeback for Turkey down 2 pts and I thought it was hilarious their goalie got a red card with minutes to spare in the game.

Swiss vs. Portugal was meh, as it really didn't mean much to Portugal moreso than Switzerland.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
06-15-2008, 02:49 PM
^^^ epic indeed. wow. that was a finish.

97KATURBOSILVIA
06-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Anyone see usa worldcup qualifer against barbados. score usa 8 barbados 0. Domination And ^^^^^^^^^ portugal has it wrapped i think

DirtyS14
06-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Czechoslovakia vs Turkey was plain nuts! I was rooting so hard for Turkey. The tension at the end with the goalie foul was just massive.

That last goal by Nihat made me clap and scream and punch stuff. What an upset, such ferocity in the second half. The second czech goal made me angry as they didn't give any time for Turkey's sub to get back in so they were playing with 10 men which makes a big difference. It was an excellent game nonetheless bu whats kinda sad is that Turkey is likely going to get kicked out before the final....

What do you guys think about the Turkey-Croatia game coming up, as much as I would like Turkey to win, I think Croatia will take it.

I'm supporting portugal for the win though. Can't believe they lost against switzerland today!!!

lil240sx95
06-15-2008, 11:59 PM
I heard holland is kicking ass

eli_eli
06-16-2008, 12:09 AM
the portugal swiss game was pretty much pointless, as portugal already won the group, and the swiss were out, mannn, i had my money on the Czech, but i am kinda glad Turkey won, they did deserve it...its been an awsome Euro Cup so far, i cant wait to see the games each night...ppl need to get into this more

SimpleS14
06-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Anyone see usa worldcup qualifer against barbados.

After I saw that goal made within the first minute of the game...I decided to pass on watching the rest of it, I had a feeling the U.S. would dominate that game.

What do you guys think about the Turkey-Croatia game coming up, as much as I would like Turkey to win, I think Croatia will take it.

I'm supporting portugal for the win though. Can't believe they lost against switzerland today!!!

I think Croatia will win the match, but then again Turkey surprised me with their performance against Czech Republic.

Portugal had so many shots on goal, but just couldn't finish. Also it was most of their bench players on the field..so I didn't expect much. I'm still impressived with the bench players, as they did show some talent.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
06-17-2008, 01:04 PM
shit. my boy ribery just got hurt.

allez les bleus.

SimpleS14
06-17-2008, 02:57 PM
shit. my boy ribery just got hurt.

allez les bleus.

Yea I was watching the game and thought "they are SOL". Apparently I was right as they lost the game. Toni had some good shots on goal, but during the second half the Italy defense was "meh".

The dutch once again dominating with that 2-0 win over Romania. I have to admit, they (Netherlands) surprised me as I wasn't expecting them to perform so well.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
06-17-2008, 03:09 PM
yeah, ribery getting hurt, then abidal gets sent off. whatever. fuck italy.

the netherlands is looking really good, though. so far, them and portugal look to be the favorites to be in the final.

Antihero983
06-17-2008, 05:04 PM
so when is portugal playing next?

i cant believe im just seeing this thread!!!

eli_eli
06-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Hiddick is the man...wow...what a performance from Russia, i feel bad Netherlands is out, and Italy is gonna go through watch lol...wow

eli_eli
06-21-2008, 08:31 PM
my prediction...Italy vs Germany in the finals

marat
06-21-2008, 09:28 PM
YAAAAYYY go RUSSIA!!!:)

SimpleS14
06-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I was a bit upset to see Netherlands go, but Russia definitely played the better game.

my prediction...Italy vs Germany in the finals

Same....

Italy always finds some way to scrape it through the end...even if that means playing rough.