PDA

View Full Version : IPOD Video HELP!

S13Boosts
06-13-2008, 02:01 PM
So my laptop had a virus & i guess when i was droping songs in the pod a virus came thru..& all sudden my video just kept freezing..so i decided to FORMAT the whole ipod:duh: now when i start it up all i see is the ipod sign & it keeps restarting till it dies...anyone would know what i do about fixing this problem...

stiizy
06-13-2008, 02:20 PM
yeah it happened to me i had to take it to apple and get a new one, did you reset it?? holding play and menu at the same time??

S13Boosts
06-13-2008, 02:31 PM
yeah it happened to me i had to take it to apple and get a new one, did you reset it?? holding play and menu at the same time??

nope i just right clicked the icon & had windows format the whole ipod:cry: so im pretty much stuck i was thinking modding to linux but it doesnt even connect it just turns on & when i see the apple icon it restarts & does the samething over & over..

stiizy
06-13-2008, 02:38 PM
is it charged?? not being stupid either,, if not take it back to apple

S13Boosts
06-13-2008, 02:39 PM
is it charged?? not being stupid either,, if not take it back to apple

cant even charge it it keeps restarting at the start up screen LOL, i have no warranty AHH

kafanylovesme
06-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Don't matta you don't need warranty. If it's a fuck up on their end they'll do the work for free. They did it for me, something similar happened and I didn't even buy it there(I bought it at Target) and they replaced it with a brand new one.

stiizy
06-13-2008, 03:06 PM
^^ yeah he's right don't matter where you get it apple will honor its product and service it for free or replace it...

BustedS13
06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Don't matta you don't need warranty. If it's a fuck up on their end they'll do the work for free. They did it for me, something similar happened and I didn't even buy it there(I bought it at Target) and they replaced it with a brand new one.

no they won't. you get a one year warranty, you can get applecare and make it a two year. but if it's out of warranty they'll tell you to fuck off. apple customer service is shit, which is kind of weak because ipods break ALL THE TIME.

try resetting it (menu + center button iirc?), format it again, if it's still acting shitty take it up to the apple store anyway and see what they say. my ipod photo and video fucked up all the time... classic hasn't really given me any issues yet, but i just leave it plugged into usb in my glovebox

suprafreak1000
06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
will it get into the diagnostic menu??

PhAtXSuMo
06-13-2008, 04:30 PM
send your ipod to me and ill fix it =D
or buy my ipod video 30gb =D
or send it to the Apple Store =/

S13Boosts
06-13-2008, 05:02 PM
okay this is what happen to the ipod I let my comp os FORMAT the HD in the ipod so pretty much all it does now is shows the start up screen (apple icon) than restarts & keeps doing it till the ipod dies AHHH! & it doesnt connect to the comp i forgot to add that part lol..

S13Boosts
06-13-2008, 05:09 PM
will it get into the diagnostic menu??

whats that the menu?