PDA

View Full Version : Download/Torrent Problem

steve_o1989
06-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Here's the deal. I just finished downloading a video torrent, it's a tig instructional, but the sound on it has a 30 second delay. I don't think it starts off that bad, but near the middle of the video I pegged it at 30 seconds. I dont know about you guys, but HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO WATCH IT WITH A 30 SEC FUCKING DELAY? That shit is rediculous.

My question to you is: Is there any way to fix this? I had the same problem on an SR20 Rebuild video I downloaded aswell. The sound on that one is off by about 10 seconds. I don't know enough about this shit to know what to do about it. It is probably just part of the file so tough luck, but if there is anyway to fix this please let me know and you will be my best friend, but we will never hang out haha.

fliprayzin240sx
06-13-2008, 12:10 AM
What do you use to watch it? I usually just use VLC...

steve_o1989
06-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Well default program it uses is Nero Showtime. I tried playing it through windows media player too with the same results. Iunno all my programs on here are pretty basic.

projekt_s13
06-13-2008, 01:31 AM
Its probably an avi file using some kind of codec, Listen to Ray ^^ and download VLC player its plays everything. If that doesnt fix it the file might be corrupted.

just1pepsi
06-13-2008, 06:21 AM
alot of times divx encoded videos do that, its because when it was ripped from dvd, and re-encoded it wasnt done properly. what you have is probably about 13ms delay which as the video progresses gets farther and farther behind. It can be fixed, but its not a simple matter. You have to split the video from the audio, and re-encode w/ the audio shifted to the correct position. There is no automated tool to do this (that i'm aware of). I'd suggest trying whats already been said, or try finding another copy.. or buy the DVD.

LeftNutOfGowd
06-13-2008, 06:45 AM
Try downloading xp codec just type it in google and it shoud be the first one. Its a free video player i've been using it for a couple of years now and i havn't had any problems playing any movie.