PDA

View Full Version : Say Good-bye to Your Skylines!!!

fliprayzin240sx
06-12-2008, 07:56 PM
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88189

Guess DOT is finally catching up to all the illegally imported R32 and R34s in the states...

The only thing that pisses me off is, Homeland Security?!?! Dont they have something better to do with the money, resource and man-power, like keep the illegals out and keeping Osama from having another fly-by???

Nice to know we're using our tax payer money for things that protect the country from having another 9/11. They must have gotten a tip that Al-Qaeda is planning on using GTRs loaded with C4 to bomb DC. :fawk2:

SoguRacing
06-12-2008, 08:02 PM
they waste our money. then taxes go up to pay for more shit. and that's how many car being imported. maybe a hundred a year? maybe a few more but come on. millions to stop something that shouldn't even be high priority...fuck

Matej
06-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Illegally imported vehicles are the biggest threat to public there is, they spontaneously explode whenever near a large crowd of people, and sometimes out of nowhere they swerve into oncoming traffic, usually when there's a car full of children in the opposite lane.

YoungGun
06-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Shit, I don't care about the skylines being taken away, but the money that's making this happen could be spent WAY better elsewhere as you guys said.

ESmorz
06-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I guess someone in the dept. of homeland security finally saw f&f 2

SoguRacing
06-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Shit, I don't care about the skylines are being taken away, but the money that's making this happen could be spent WAY better elsewhere as you guys said.

totally agreed

HyperTek
06-12-2008, 08:11 PM
the skyline only exist out here because of fanboys lol..

id spend the money on a porsche and be street legal all the way

BustedS13
06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
how bout i take that 86 corolla off your hands
sure... for the 72 skyrine

Phlip
06-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey, you know what they say.
Vote republican; because what REALLY matters can be easily dwarfed by what I can use to scare the shit out of you with. The internets are the problem, they made the Skyline so popular.

97KATURBOSILVIA
06-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Well this sucks, another question is what are they going to do with the siezed items. They will be at a gov't auction, they arent cracking down on shit. They are however getting there piece of the action and this will always happen not just in automobiles.

sidewaysil80
06-12-2008, 09:36 PM
yeah as much as that sucks lets not overlook the obvious...if its illegally imported it's still breaking the law and i guess thats a risk that he got the shit end of the stick on. dude said it was part of an illegal skyline investigation thing which probably meant they were doing their job and looking into un checked shipping crates and it just so happend to be full of skylines as opposed to terrorists. sucks but i guess lesson learned on his part.

JDMFLCL
06-12-2008, 09:37 PM
so are r33's still kosher?

Matej
06-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Only if the government's making money off them.

KA-T_240
06-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Looks like I need to go tow one across the boarder and register it as a show and race car and let it sit.....

azndoc
06-12-2008, 09:43 PM
The important things that the government must spend their time doing still amazes me.

MikeisNissan
06-12-2008, 09:44 PM
The important things that the government must spend their time doing still amazes me.

^ sayyyy wwwwhat?

slidingsky
06-12-2008, 09:47 PM

Yep, R33s can be imported. Registering is a different story.

yokotas13
06-12-2008, 09:49 PM
glad noone knows wtf a stagea is :)

sidewaysil80
06-12-2008, 09:50 PM

i'm pretty sure this is probably somehow connected to something bigger and more important then skylines. the people/groups who use ships to import contraband probably also make a killing of importing cars. c'mon, i think this is probably a little more serious then "bored traffic cop on a corner syndrome" lol

tattoo131313
06-12-2008, 10:04 PM
If that was me I'd strip every nut, bolt and part off the car till it was just a freakin shell sitting on the ground.Take everything and put it in a storage unit till they came to take the shell.Then tell them they can have car but they better bring a flatbed and a lunch.

Maybe I'm just tired of my tax money being wasted on bullshit like this. It's almost like some senators unemployed, lazy brother in law needed a job and they just made a "position" for him. Here Roscoe, you can be the chief commisioner in charge of tracking down cars that were illegally imported into the u.s.

Homeland security is just a farce anyway.The took over Immigration a few years ago and turned that into a retarded flea circus.They are too busy breaking the balls of the people trying to immigrate legally (oh boy do I have a story about that) that the real terrorists are just walking or flying right in. god save us from the "smart people"

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin, (1759)

IIIXziuR
06-12-2008, 10:09 PM
sure... for the 72 skyrine

The part I never understood was they are in Japan, why is he calling it an "86 Corolla" Confused the hell out of me.

TURBOMAN
06-12-2008, 10:12 PM
This Fucking Sucks.

TURBOMAN
06-12-2008, 10:13 PM
If that was me I'd strip every nut, bolt and part off the car till it was just a freakin shell sitting on the ground.Take everything and put it in a storage unit till they came to take the shell.Then tell them they can have car but they better bring a flatbed and a lunch.

Maybe I'm just tired of my tax money being wasted on bullshit like this. It's almost like some senators unemployed, lazy brother in law needed a job and they just made a "position" for him. Here Roscoe, you can be the chief commisioner in charge of tracking down cars that were illegally imported into the u.s.

Homeland security is just a farce anyway.The took over Immigration a few years ago and turned that into a retarded flea circus.They are too busy breaking the balls of the people trying to immigrate legally (oh boy do I have a story about that) that the real terrorists are just walking or flying right in. god save us from the "smart people"

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin, (1759)

Well Said +1 :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::rawk::rawk::rawk:

97KATURBOSILVIA
06-12-2008, 10:28 PM
^^^^^ Regarding homeland security, how many people thought that on sept 12 2001 (the day after the attack) we would never again have terrorist attacks in the usa say atleast for the past 7 yrs and we havent. So i say homeland security has done its job(they have killed over 20,000 al qaeda members abroad) and (7yrs free of attack) and now there bored picking on our skylines jk wtf though, it has to be a bigger sting thatn skylines.

wrapmeup2005
06-12-2008, 10:47 PM
What happened to the war on drugs? What about keeping the illegals out of the country (the ones that aren't trying to become legal)? What about cleaning up the violence in our own country and cleaning up some of the prisons too :naughty:? Isn't our education system lacking? There is tons of places to spend the money but our country is a bit screwed up. :confused: There must be something they are trying to get to and the illegal Skylines are just a casualty. Economy sucks right now, how about have homeland build a time machine and take out the monkey running this country before he made it go to shit.

Matej
06-12-2008, 10:50 PM
They are too busy breaking the balls of the people trying to immigrate legally (oh boy do I have a story about that) that the real terrorists are just walking or flying right in. god save us from the "smart people"
You're so right, I have a few stories too, it's such a pain for foreigners to be here legally, the bureaucratic process is hell for people with college degrees and professional careers, while people who say they're running away from war and tyrannical governments (many times not even true) are pouring in by thousands and contributing nothing (harsh to say but true), and illegal immigrants are being granted scholarships and financial help.
Maybe that's why most Americans falsely assume that the rest of the world is dirt poor and behind in evolution.
Not that any professionals are coming anymore anyway, they go where the money is and everyone is making more money overseas now.

flip3d
06-12-2008, 11:04 PM
^^^^^ Regarding homeland security, how many people thought that on sept 12 2001 (the day after the attack) we would never again have terrorist attacks in the usa say atleast for the past 7 yrs and we havent. So i say homeland security has done its job(they have killed over 20,000 al qaeda members abroad) and (7yrs free of attack) and now there bored picking on our skylines jk wtf though, it has to be a bigger sting thatn skylines.

Um... Homeland Security didnt do anything. They're running out of ideas to protect us so they do weird shit like that.

The reason we havent had another terrorist attack is probably because Al Qaeda cant think of anything else. They fly a couple planes into a building. We locked that shit down. They send us anthrax in the mail. We locked that shit down. We're over in Afghanistan and Iraq hunting their asses and taking their oil. They're sitting in caves like damn.. what can we do now? We're surrounded.

I agree with tattoo131313 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=59614). They're just creating more useless jobs.

fliprayzin240sx
06-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Only real legal Skylines in the states are R33 GTS-T. Motorex never crash tested R33 GTRs. They fooled DOT into signing the bond release for all R33s, but then they got greedy and started bringing in R32s and R34s using the same bond release they got for the R33s. Thats what caused Motorex to go under, DOT basically found out what they were doing and pulled the release bonds on the R33s. The only speculation DOT did was if you already have the car with the bond, youre good to go, if you dont have it, prepare to get it picked up...

Yuri
06-12-2008, 11:20 PM
The part I never understood was they are in Japan, why is he calling it an "86 Corolla" Confused the hell out of me.

The Levin is a Corolla.

So it would be correct.

AE86's over there are either Toyota Sprinter Trueno's, or Toyota Corolla Levin's.

unwed_transient
06-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Hey, you know what they say.
Vote republican; because what REALLY matters can be easily dwarfed by what I can use to scare the shit out of you with. The internets are the problem, they made the Skyline so popular.

:cj: you're totally right.

so what homeland security took his skyline. like what's-his-name said, he should have bought a porsche.

PhilthyS13
06-12-2008, 11:53 PM
That guy needs to hire a lawyer before shipping it somewhere.

Homeland Security? I wonder if it was the guy at 2:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHv4hy93to&NR=1

LimeLite Racing
06-12-2008, 11:58 PM

I'm with you on this one bro, I agree to the fullest.

iwishiwas-all*
06-13-2008, 12:12 AM
just wait til november and we all vote for the fucking overhall of this pathetic excuse of a government. But regardless, I have no idea why so many people try to grab up these skylines? I mean its the name that draws them in, probably through who u insure it with etc.. (geico and state farm insure grey market vehicles) but thats ow they prob find you... why not bring in cars that the feds know nothing about, silvias, 180s' fucking older evos... etc.. its all the same methods, and odds are because the name doesnt ring a bell they wont think much of it. Also, if any of you guys happen to get in this guys situation, the FIRST person you should call is SEMA's action line. they have alot of pull.

steve_o1989
06-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Well I guess they may as well just sell me all the R32 GTR's for cheap and send them up to Canada where they are fair game. Im talking like dirt cheap, like trashy back alley hooker cheap, like $4.73 cheap..thats what im talking about.

DRavenS13
06-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Because if you're allowed to own a skyline, then the terrorists have already won....

fliprayzin240sx
06-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Homeland Security = Local Terrorists

Bubbles
06-13-2008, 03:23 AM

You don't question the fast and the furious.

You sit back and absorb the awezumness.

slidingsky
06-13-2008, 06:50 AM
On an unrelated note, some people that were importing skylines and other cars that have been seized were also importing motors. (Happened in Florida) Those motors were seized as well which means that it won't be long before JDM motors will become a thing of the past.

02BRB20
06-13-2008, 07:20 AM
im so happy to hear this.

now I dont have to see anymore skyline FS threads

Grendel
06-13-2008, 07:40 AM

lol...

So anyways... wouldn't it make more sense for the DOT to start up a program to import all these cars that are in high demand? S15s, GTRs etc? I'm sure they could charge fees, and people who really wanted those cars would pay them...

I have no idea what it takes to make these cars US road legal though... just crash testing and emissions?

just1pepsi
06-13-2008, 07:43 AM
The govt discovered there is money in it. Just like in illegal drugs. We help Columbia produce cocaine via the CIA and get it across our own borders. Then we use the DEA to seize the drugs, along with everything the dealers own via the RICO act, and sell all their multi million dollar homes, jewelery cars, etc. Its all about making money.

slidingsky
06-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Even though it seems like they are in high demand, they really aren't. Besides, Nissan would have jumped on it first if they felt it would have justified a profit.

IIIXziuR
06-13-2008, 07:59 AM
The Levin is a Corolla.

So it would be correct.

AE86's over there are either Toyota Sprinter Trueno's, or Toyota Corolla Levin's.

Well I understand that much....
but I dunno duder, I am pretty sure they were talking about an AE86 Trueno.
It is one of those Hollywood blunders.

I don't even know why I am questioning it, it's the F&F for Crissakes!

98s14inaz
06-13-2008, 08:23 AM
yeah as much as that sucks lets not overlook the obvious...if its illegally imported it's still breaking the law...

God forbid they spend money on the existing laws about illegally importing drugs, illegal immigrants, illegal weapons, etc :duh: We all know the kind of imminent threat the Skyline presents to National Security :bash:

Viva Revolution!!!

kyoru
06-13-2008, 08:26 AM
i'm pretty sure this is probably somehow connected to something bigger and more important then skylines. the people/groups who use ships to import contraband probably also make a killing of importing cars. c'mon, i think this is probably a little more serious then "bored traffic cop on a corner syndrome" lol

lol maybe, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a small thing

((sr)) kelly
06-13-2008, 08:29 AM
or just truenos... the sprinters are a race bread class... like the GTRs
The Levin is a Corolla.

So it would be correct.

flip3d
06-13-2008, 08:37 AM
or just truenos... the sprinters are a race bread class... like the GTRs

Race bread, eh? Sounds tasty.

iwishiwas-all*
06-13-2008, 08:56 AM
On an unrelated note, some people that were importing skylines and other cars that have been seized were also importing motors. (Happened in Florida) Those motors were seized as well which means that it won't be long before JDM motors will become a thing of the past.

if you mean drag... you are misinformed.... they got raided cause someone totalled an s15 and he was driving it on the road with no title or insurance (owners fault) so the owner told them where they got it, andddd all the cars had to be exported (the ones that were not titled)

g6civcx
06-13-2008, 09:00 AM
sure... [put up] the 72 skyrine

I'm sure that's how it went. I only saw it once... <shame>

DOOK
06-13-2008, 09:09 AM
moral to the story... all current skyline owners sell your cars and the new owners don't register them, keep them in storage...

lok
06-13-2008, 09:57 AM

Why would they have to attack again?

They dont even have to leave there country to kill americans.

We dropped them off over there and they found that it is much easier to kill americans when you have homefield advantage.

I still support our troops wherever they are.

Might not agree with why they are there but I will support them.

Harbe
06-13-2008, 10:16 AM
government now days, when is the revolution?

S13_Nightkid
06-13-2008, 03:45 PM
government now days, when is the revolution?

when everyone gets their heads outta their asses and votes. Or become American terrorists...blow up gas stations, oil refineries, etc. haha

06-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I think these rules and regulations for importing these vehicles is so ridiculous.

Grendel
06-14-2008, 07:35 AM
when everyone gets their heads outta their asses and votes. Or become American terrorists...blow up gas stations, oil refineries, etc. haha

I bet Nightkid just made it onto the watch list! lol

eastcoastS14
06-14-2008, 08:40 AM
I would pay to have been at the meeting where this came up lol

an_orange_s2k
06-14-2008, 12:55 PM
america is turning into a joke

BustedS13
06-14-2008, 01:22 PM
america is turning into a joke

yeah, this is why. catching up with people who break the law.

SC_S13
06-14-2008, 01:48 PM
What happened to the war on drugs?
The war on drugs is another sham to spend taxpayer money and send agents into life endangering situations. the war on education should be first and foremost. "I personally believe....that US Americans, shouldn't take drugs, because such as the Columbia and East Timor, that they don't have normal medication, and that we should help us, i mean, help them get better drugs, so that our children's future will be secure." :duh:

drift freaq
06-14-2008, 02:45 PM
You're so right, I have a few stories too, it's such a pain for foreigners to be here legally, the bureaucratic process is hell for people with college degrees and professional careers, while people who say they're running away from war and tyrannical governments (many times not even true) are pouring in by thousands and contributing nothing (harsh to say but true), and illegal immigrants are being granted scholarships and financial help.
Maybe that's why most Americans falsely assume that the rest of the world is dirt poor and behind in evolution.
Not that any professionals are coming anymore anyway, they go where the money is and everyone is making more money overseas now.

Ah sometimes you post relevant stuff but then you just veer straight off the path down the road of ignorance. Yes the current immigration policies are fucked up you are correct.

Thinking that most Americans think the rest of the world is dirt poor? How do you so manage to stumble so ignorantly. Last time I checked most Americans do not think the rest of the World is dirt poor, part of it is. Europe is not! The other part is rising rapidly yet still has abject poverty. Studied degreed Professionals going other places? Only if they cannot get in. They are still trying. You never cease to amaze me with your ignorant statements.

The United States is still the World leader in Semiconductor Technology and Software Technology. To that extent Professionals in those fields from all over the world seek to work here in Silicon Valley and in Washington State over almost anywhere else in the world. Whether they get in and get the job is indeed hampered by the idiots of Homeland Security.

Though to blindly say that Americans think the rest of the overall World is poor or behind in evolution? Well thats just ignorance and lack of understanding.
Damn either you never read anything in your life, or you just listen to and read other peoples propaganda. Shit man, do some research, before you start spouting this stuff. Its like you post to get owned. You're just a glutton for punishment.

Seriously you keep posting this bullshit I am gonna to tell you to jump a plane to another country and stay there. If you just seem to so dislike the United States then leave. All I see you do, is spouting critical misinformation, that sounds like propaganda straight from the Soviet Union days.

Oh and for anyone doubting the Semiconductor statement, I know more about it than a high percentage of this forums members. That is not meant to be elitist, a put down or egotistical. Its just a fact. Some members, that know me well, know why. Others will just have to guess :D

mRclARK1
06-14-2008, 02:52 PM
In the end, they're illegal to import as they're still not 25 years or older (among other reasons) and I'm sure most of the people who owned these vehicles knew that.

*MILK*
06-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Well I understand that much....
but I dunno duder, I am pretty sure they were talking about an AE86 Trueno.
It is one of those Hollywood blunders.

I don't even know why I am questioning it, it's the F&F for Crissakes!

Besides Yuri being right, it wasn't a hollywood blunder/blooper...Han was from the U.S, remember the cowboy analogy he told bamma boy during the soccer game?

Who still cares about skylines anyway? I thought they were cool when I was 15 but I'm over em... There are like 5 that I know of in Tn. and when ever thet park at the weekend hangouts, kids flock to em like little girls would do when they see the Hannah Montana chick step off a tour bus...True story. LOL

WanganRunner
06-15-2008, 09:15 AM
I always cautioned people who had "registered" GT-R's that they weren't really Federally legal (Motorex R33's notwithstanding).

Sooner or later, everyone with RHD DC5s, S15's, and whatever will have the same problem.

I don't agree with the law one bit, but it IS the law. No federal DOT/EPA pass and the car is technically illegal. I feel sorry for the people who are having their assets seized, I think it's bullshit, but it's not like they didn't have reason to expect this was coming.

Doesn't bother me, I can still import the PGC10 that I want. Yay for old cars!

S14DB
06-16-2008, 02:12 PM

No it's total lazy cop syndrome. It's much easier to go after something petty than bust someone major that could shoot or blow you up. An arrest is an arrest in their score card.

LOOOOOOL... Having contracted with them and seeing they stuff they put bid requests out for. They are still buying bullshit like Hazmat Bunny Suits. Nothing to really PREVENT crime. Hell, they couldn't tell you were the nearest hospital was without stopping for a phonebook.

Does no one remember what a fuck up Hurricane Katrina was? It wasn't a terrorist attack. But, still a major disaster that we did nothing. Gov had it's thumb up it's ass. We are lucky that there hasn't been another attack.

IIIXziuR
06-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Besides Yuri being right, it wasn't a hollywood blunder/blooper...Han was from the U.S, remember the cowboy analogy he told bamma boy during the soccer game?

Nah bro....
I don't remeber. I don't remember that film at all.
......Just that scene and I still think they messed up.

"If you're not out of control, your not in control!"

atom
06-16-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't get what the big issue is. He broke the law and got caught. Sure there are more important issues, but does that mean we just ignore all the less important shit? Ok, next time someone gets their car stolen, don't bitch about the cops not doing anything, they got terrorists to track down and murders to solve. :rolleyes:

As for why homeland security, I'm guessing most of you guys asking forgot, or didn't even know, that US customs is part of homeland security.

yokotas13
06-16-2008, 03:06 PM
No it's total lazy cop syndrome. It's much easier to go after something petty than bust someone major that could shoot or blow you up. An arrest is an arrest in their score card.

LOOOOOOL... Having contracted with them and seeing they stuff they put bid requests out for. They are still buying bullshit like Hazmat Bunny Suits. Nothing to really PREVENT crime. Hell, they couldn't tell you were the nearest hospital was without stopping for a phonebook.

Does no one remember what a fuck up Hurricane Katrina was? It wasn't a terrorist attack. But, still a major disaster that we did nothing. Gov had it's thumb up it's ass. We are lucky that there hasn't been another attack.
that was the governer guys fault

military cant help unless he asks for it...

steve shadows
06-16-2008, 03:11 PM
The only thing that pisses me off is, Homeland Security?!?! Dont they have something better to do with the money, resource and man-power, like keep the illegals out and keeping Osama from having another fly-by???
:fawk2:

Their real job is to keep the illegals in and to keep osama safe..duh