PDA

View Full Version : Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less

RJF
06-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Sign the petition.

http://www.americansolutions.com/actioncenter/petitions/?Guid=54ec6e43-75a8-445b-aa7b-346a1e096659

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOpcPfAarjY

DOOK
06-12-2008, 07:54 PM
is this about prostitutes... I'm just asking...

RJF
06-12-2008, 07:57 PM
is this about prostitutes... I'm just asking...

The prostitutes in Congress :keke:

ESmorz
06-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Shit, I signed. Why not?

HyperTek
06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
dam i gotta make a website "Pay $10 to contribute to lower cost of gas...... for me to afford"

DreamN
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm curious to know exactly where these areas are and if the environment would be negatively affected by drilling in those areas. I'm not a tree hugger, but still don't like seeing unmolested pieces of land get raped or have possible health related risks by consuming any form of sea food because of the impact it may have on sea life. If it's not just another let's get more oil and more money for the people that currently run anything oil related in this country and is done in a safe manner I see no reason why we shouldn't be drilling on US soil or just off the coast of the US.

YoungGun
06-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Screw congress! Drill NOW! The only green I want to see is the money in my hands.

EDIT: And in our rep powah.

drift freaq
06-12-2008, 08:30 PM
The Yahoo's that complain about drilling off the coast of Santa Barbara are intellectual idiots.
Fact is Santa Barbara channel has had natural oil seepage since before we were here.
They complain because there was a spill there some 30 years ago but when the cleaned the area up it was cleaner than it had ever been.
Go swimming in Santa Barbara you will get tar on your feet. Put more rigs in off the Coast of Santa Barbara.
Fuck I am not anti Environment, but Environmentalists tend to go overboard. Just like hardcore Vegans,Animal rights freaks,Anti fur freaks,Anti Abortionists, Left wing radicals, hard core right wingers, Christian fundamentalists, etc.....

low and slow
06-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Saw it on a local forum, and signed it then. Glad to see it made it's way onto here as well.

Matej
06-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Up to 25% of the world's oil and natural gas is in the Arctic.

Support global warming haha.

Since the polar caps are melting, it's a lot more accessible, until recently drilling in the Arctic on a large scale would've been too expensive.
Also, the thinning ice makes it a lot easier to travel through. Shipping companies will save billions on fuel alone when shipping goods between North America, Europe, and Asia, and these savings will most likely be passed onto consumers.

Countries are already racing for the Arctic and mapping the seabed, it's really interesting, look it up.
U.S. government is already trying to mask its greediness by pulling the "we need to conquer everything to keep the world safe (for us)" card.

I hope everyone will come to some kind of a profitable agreement and countries will share the Arctic and its resources, or at least divide it up fairly.

Edit
Here's an article on it.
http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_06-01-2008/2Arctic