PDA

View Full Version : Apple 3G iPhone

DUFFM4N
06-11-2008, 03:59 PM
so with all the new info and new previews coming out for the new apple 3G iphone, im actually thinking about canceling my current service with tmobile and switch over to AT&T

here's a quick video with Apple CEO, Steve Jobs going through all the new features and keynote walkthrough

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gruAiT8_H7k

8GB = $199 w/2 year sign up contract
16GB = $299 w/2 year sign up contract

RELEASE DATE IS JULY 11TH

thoughts?

discuss

Flipzide
06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
i have been thinking the same thing.. my contract with tmobile ended a couple months ago.

Dutchmalmiss
06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Any idea on how much they'll be without contracts?

ESmorz
06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I just got a glyde for 99 bucks.

Fuck iphones touch interface, it's like mentally retarded.

2iv0 sx
06-11-2008, 04:37 PM
http://www.macrumorslive.com/

Still debating.. Gots a Blackjack now but always wanted iphone.

BustedS13
06-11-2008, 04:37 PM
no buttons = huge gimmick for people who don't really use their phone much

also

http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/06/wwdc-noiphone.jpg

Dutchmalmiss
06-11-2008, 04:45 PM
^^ Hence the cheaper price. With production costs probably at an efficient minimum, I'd say it's a 2g iphone with a different case.

Inland180
06-11-2008, 05:32 PM
no buttons = huge gimmick for people who don't really use their phone much

also

http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/06/wwdc-noiphone.jpg

I been having an Iphone for almost 1yr. I can text alot faster than I ever did on my Treo/blackberry/pocket pc/! its all about getting used to it. I am also on my phone 24/7 literally! on the job/school/home/gym and I have dropped it many time on concrete (really hard) and has not busted or cracked! maybe im just lucky...
I love the iphone browser( should be faster) but thats why the 3G is out next month. I will forsure give it a try.

jdm538
06-11-2008, 05:37 PM
you can buy an iphone and unlock to work with any provider. at&t service plan sucks.

flclsteve
06-11-2008, 05:44 PM
selling my first gen iphone for 125 8 gig =) to get this new one but i might wait to see how it works out the new one that is

an_orange_s2k
06-11-2008, 05:59 PM
i think i'll be getting the blackjack II for my new phone. the iphone is great and all IF u can maximaze all the features. a lot of people i kno use it jus as a phone that can go online...main thing for them is that they can say they have an iphone

Inland180
06-11-2008, 06:11 PM
i think i'll be getting the blackjack II for my new phone. the iphone is great and all IF u can maximaze all the features. a lot of people i kno use it jus as a phone that can go online...main thing for them is that they can say they have an iphone

this is very true!^^^....... but the browser looks awsome and is quite fast on WI-Fi.

DUFFM4N
06-11-2008, 06:29 PM
you can buy an iphone and unlock to work with any provider. at&t service plan sucks.

for the 2G....supposedly the 3G will be "unhackable" but im sure someone will figure it out

grnappletree14
06-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I just got a glyde for 99 bucks.

Fuck iphones touch interface, it's like mentally retarded.

how do u like the slide. i was thinking aobut it but i dunno now since the 3g

Bobafreak
06-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I have the slide and the phone is the shit! better sound quality over my old lx and sk3. Very small, discreet and it does not look like a brick.

usdm180sx
06-11-2008, 07:03 PM
for the 2G....supposedly the 3G will be "unhackable" but im sure someone will figure it out

Yeah. Hopefully they'll give the guy a gt-r instead of a 350z like the frist hacker

an_orange_s2k
06-11-2008, 07:05 PM
i thought the old iphone was "unhackable," that and the new GTR's ecu....

ESmorz
06-11-2008, 07:31 PM
how do u like the slide. i was thinking aobut it but i dunno now since the 3g

It's really bad ass having the qwerty keyboard, and a better touch interface than the iphone.

Plus it's a lot smaller than the voyager.

ScottMan
06-11-2008, 07:43 PM
I love the iPhone. I'm not upgrading to the 3g one yet, but I'll probably buy one for my girlfriend. As for the "gimmick for people who don't use their phone" everyone I know can pick it up and do everything with it pretty much instantly, even people who are fairly tech-illiterate. It's simple, easy to use, etc. To me, my old phones with buttons seem a bit silly now. Everything is rigid as far as the interface goes. I'm sure there are better phones out there, but I haven't found one so far.

kyoru
06-11-2008, 07:45 PM
the 2.0 firmware has been unlocked already...it only takes time. I have the first iphone and it's awesome I plan to get the 3g one right away and start learning how to develop programs for it.

cali240sxdrifter
06-11-2008, 07:45 PM
can't wait to get mine

Daniel.
06-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I still don't understand what the big hype behind the iphone is. The interface and user experience are phenomenal, but the 3g iphone doesn't really have much more to offer over the original version.

I can't wait to get my hands on an HTC diamond, and the new xperia x1.

redtop91
06-11-2008, 08:09 PM
AT&T's 3G is still freaking slower than all hell. Not to mention their weird smartphone/no insurance policy. I have lots of friends with the iPhone and there is nothing they can do that my Pocket PC can't already do cheaper (if not free) faster, and more efficiently. The iPhone is a toy meant to be shown off to those who are easily impressed.

Akiros
06-11-2008, 08:21 PM
I sold my old iPhone to get the at&t 8925 Tilt. and I freaking love it. Safari is a better browser, but there is one in the works, and the mobile opera browser is pretty good. OH, and it also has a 3.0 megapixel camera, and records video, AND can hold up to a 32gb microSD card, AND they are hackable, once you tweak it a bit it is a freaking sweet phone. $550 without contract, but I think you can get one from amazon for $99 with a 2 yr service agreement or so I've heard. Mine was 150 for a refurb with a 2yr agreement. Those prices alone KILL the fucking $300 pricetag for an iPhone.

P.S. Chrono Trigger is fun on my phone :D

conclusion: techies get a tilt, easily amused people get an iphone.

Darkadious
06-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I have lots of friends with the iPhone and there is nothing they can do that my Pocket PC can't already do cheaper (if not free) faster, and more efficiently. The iPhone is a toy meant to be shown off to those who are easily impressed.
i could use my iphone as a portable HD, an mp3 player, and it's a phone, on top of other not so important things.

you're talking like everyone who gets one gets it doesn't know anything

yokotas13
06-11-2008, 08:25 PM
when is japan release

redtop91
06-11-2008, 08:55 PM
i could use my iphone as a portable HD, an mp3 player, and it's a phone, on top of other not so important things.

you're talking like everyone who gets one gets it doesn't know anything

Base model phones have been doing that for years and I have more storage out of my phone that reads SDHC cards (Supports microsd up to 32GB). You're talking like Apple doesn't actively target the less technically savvy with their products. I never said or implied everyone who has an iPhone is a simpleton. For the record however, everyone iPhone user I've ran across is enthralled with tech Homebrew apps without an Apple budget have been doing for years. (For the iPhone users who have no/little access to 3rd party apps homebrew is an independently developed application that is usually free). When someone shows me Youtube on their iPhone, I remote desktop into my home computer and remotely access Youtube, download and reencode a video, email a copy to my phone (Synced with my Exchange server) and burn another copy to a DVD remotely. :p None of that is fiction. My Remote desktop connection is as effective as me sitting right in front of my PC

S14DB
06-11-2008, 10:11 PM
when is japan release
Softbank Mobile will launch the iPhone 3G on July 11 with the same $199 price as the US.

LOL, I just dumped my Crapjack. It is slow as balls and if anything goes wrong you have to format it. At least get the tilt(HTC).

YoungGun
06-11-2008, 10:18 PM
How much are the monthly bills, for like basic service with internet?

I was messing around with a friends ipod touch, pretty badass.

origin_s135
06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
How much are the monthly bills, for like basic service with internet?

I was messing around with a friends ipod touch, pretty badass.

i would also like to know. my friend has one but he's far off in the east coast.

iwishiwas-all*
06-11-2008, 10:27 PM
this is the one im buying
2nd gen allways rocks it

RiversideS13
06-11-2008, 10:56 PM
f*ck now i felt like a sucker =(

yokotas13
06-11-2008, 11:53 PM
oh fuckkkkkkkkk yeah

bas will be getting iphones for sale fo sho.

i gettin one!

lflkajfj12123
06-12-2008, 01:05 AM
htc diamond looks sweet

Baka Sama
06-12-2008, 02:55 AM
I sold my old iPhone to get the at&t 8925 Tilt. and I freaking love it. Safari is a better browser, but there is one in the works, and the mobile opera browser is pretty good. OH, and it also has a 3.0 megapixel camera, and records video, AND can hold up to a 32gb microSD card, AND they are hackable, once you tweak it a bit it is a freaking sweet phone. $550 without contract, but I think you can get one from amazon for $99 with a 2 yr service agreement or so I've heard. Mine was 150 for a refurb with a 2yr agreement. Those prices alone KILL the fucking $300 pricetag for an iPhone.

P.S. Chrono Trigger is fun on my phone :D

I played with my friends tilt for a good hour at work one day. Let me tell you there is no way in the world I would buy that phone. Sure it has a lot of cool features, the most important to me is that is takes sd cards. But I simply could not take the tiny tiny keyboard and windows. Almost as bad as a blackberry. I hate having to us the stylus for simple things its a pain in the ass. I felt like i was about to go blind looking at that thing.

3g Iphone has almost everything i want besides the sd card reader.

The only other phone i would get besides the iphone would be the nokia n95. Takes sd cards and has a 5mp camera! But no US phone carrier has picked it up yet so your gonna have to pay full price for it. But without a doubt its the best phone out right now.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/sc/32581336-2-300-BUTTON.jpg

just1pepsi
06-12-2008, 05:19 AM
3g is the faster network it uses, not the "generation". You can get insurance on it, either through ATT or and normal Insurance provider (allstate, farmers, etc will insure it for dirt cheap) - the new iPhone will have active GPS, which should be sweet. I think the touch screen is nice, although it takes some getting used to. I dont own one, but my parents do, and they use them constantly, so the must be user friendly. I think the iphone data plan is $20/mo ontop of your normal plan, and remove any company discounts you get, the iphone plan is not elligable to receive them. This is why I wont be owning one. I like paying less than $45/mo for a cell phone. I dont need all that fancy crapola.

02BRB20
06-12-2008, 06:21 AM
the current rate of technology makes buying these phones sorta pointless.

id rather wait another year or so when all these phones basically become mini computers; 50 gigs that projects a infrared keyboard to type on.

ScottMan
06-12-2008, 07:35 AM
I think this is really what it comes down to for a lot of people. Sure, there are a lot of people who jailbreak the iPhone and get a ton of really cool stuff going, but for me I wanted something that did a lot right out of the box, didn't require a ton of knowledge, and was very elegant in form and function. Whenever I see someone tapping away on a stylus and showing me they can remote access their PC on their phone I just chuckle. Yep, they got me...they are a whole lot more tech savvy than I am and their phone is way cooler, so enjoy playing World of Warcraft all day, or whatever it is people do who spend time hacking their phones.

For those of us who just want something that performs very well and efficiently and is easy to use, it's a Godsend. Not to mention the "elegance" that iPhone Kool Aid drinkers like myself like to point to. Is your Saleen S7 faster and "better" than a DB9? Sure. Does it have really neat doors that fold up and cool stuff like that? Yep. Which is more elegant and classy though? Stupid analogy, but it works IMO.

Bushido
06-12-2008, 07:37 AM
windows mobile sucks dicks thats why I prefer the iphone.

I had a Q, then a Q9 and also had a blackjack for a little while. I'm not totally crazy about the iphone but the interface and operating system makes sooooo much more sense. windows mobile sucks.

water
06-12-2008, 07:50 AM
^yeah windows mobile is terrible to me too.

As for the iphone, I simply could not get comfortable with it. Its big and bulky and feels like crap when I'm talking on it, txting is a complete pain in the ass, and the lack of mms is ridiculous.

SHIFT_*grind*
06-12-2008, 08:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE

240trainee
06-12-2008, 08:49 AM
I'll get one when someone cracks it, I have no desire to switch from t-mobile to AT&T

$30 more a month with no insurance to do it, and AT&T gets the same, if not shittier service where I am.

I'm already out of contract with t-mobile, so thats cool.

O3DigitalBath
06-12-2008, 09:44 AM
i'll sure i'll end up picking up this one as well....

just still havn't decided if imma try and bother selling the 1st gen one.

DUFFM4N
06-12-2008, 10:23 AM
the current rate of technology makes buying these phones sorta pointless.

id rather wait another year or so when all these phones basically become mini computers; 50 gigs that projects a infrared keyboard to type on.

see but the problem with that way of thinking is....you'll NEVER end up buying a phone because you're gonna keep telling yourself "well next year something better will come out"

pink godzila
06-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Any idea on how much they'll be without contracts?

same question... how much will be without contracts?? Can i just get the phone instead the contract with At&t.? Because Im buying one for my girlfriend, she keep talking about changing from Nokia N96 to 3G... ahhaha so I can have her N96 or just keep use my SonyErricson w900i ... poor me

ScottMan
06-12-2008, 10:42 AM
^^^I don't think you can purchase the phone sans contract unless you find a loophole or some way to circumnavigate the system.

DUFFM4N
06-12-2008, 10:45 AM
well i heard that you can buy the phone directly from the Apple store, but you have a certain amount of time before it needs to be activated

pink godzila
06-12-2008, 10:46 AM
^^^I don't think you can purchase the phone sans contract unless you find a loophole or some way to circumnavigate the system.

so you mean.. I cannot just go wait in line at the Mac store on the 7/11??

pink godzila
06-12-2008, 10:48 AM
well i heard that you can buy the phone directly from the Apple store, but you have a certain amount of time before it needs to be activated

oooo... thanks, also are people going to over price the 3G after it release?? I mean they just going to post on Ebay to get more from it... :loco: becasue 199$ for a 8G is not bad and not over my budget

ScottMan
06-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I mean if nothing has changed in this release from the last one if you stand in line they're going to set you up with a 2-year contract upon activation. I think people have found a way around this though. Someone said you can fail the credit check when you activate it on iTunes or something. Pretty ridiculous...just get a different phone.

240trainee
06-12-2008, 10:52 AM
yea

Fucking at&t, they suck, the data plans for iPhones are outrageous

pink godzila
06-12-2008, 10:59 AM
I mean if nothing has changed in this release from the last one if you stand in line they're going to set you up with a 2-year contract upon activation. I think people have found a way around this though. Someone said you can fail the credit check when you activate it on iTunes or something. Pretty ridiculous...just get a different phone.

Man..this is gay... im getting for my girlfriend one.. hope there is other way. by the way, what if I just bring cash and leave my card at home... if they ask I;; just tell them that im just a college kid and never have a card if that work??

drift freaq
06-12-2008, 11:01 AM
yea

Fucking at&t, they suck, the data plans for iPhones are outrageous

Yup ATT has terrible customer service and its closes at 9:00 P.M. at night pacific time and is closed on sundays. What kind of a cell phone provider closes their customer service? These are mobile phones which means people use them 25/7. With that said I had Cingular(ATT's name before SBC decided to pose and steal the thunder of the Original ATT) it was over priced. I switched to T-Mobile and never looked back. Its every bit as good as Verizon here in SoCal so Verizons claim as the best is just advertising. Verizon is good in some areas but not all area's as is every other provider. Plus There will be cracks for the Next gen Iphone to run it on our Network its a GSM phone.

Oh and for Akiros techies comments it should be rephrased , programming geeks will like the TILT. People who have real lives and don't want spend have the day fucking with horrible windows mobile and a tiny tots keyboard will not bother.

02BRB20
06-12-2008, 11:16 AM
see but the problem with that way of thinking is....you'll NEVER end up buying a phone because you're gonna keep telling yourself "well next year something better will come out"

no.

im just waiting for the day where I can condense my laptop, mp3 device, camera, and phone all into one device, that hasnt happened yet but it is around the corner.

till then im happy with my bobo Nokia 5000 haha

CKAMC
06-12-2008, 11:19 AM
besides the fact that this phone will be activated in store, you CANT get this phone to run on tmobile's 3G

Tmbobile's is on 1700mhz
iphone is 850/1900/2100 MHz

Honestly I can't deal with a phone that I can't feel the buttons when typing, especially when one is driving and texting (keeping an eye on the road)

FYI its HTC Touch Pro not Diamond, price should come down a bit hopefully and be considered a cheaper option than the sony
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7535/showimagephpmphonespr3.jpg

Sony one isn't going to be cheap(hopefully iphone helps drop its price) but it has everything the iphone doesnt have along with a bigger screen.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3059/showimagephpmphonesxe5.jpg

drift freaq
06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=CKAMC;2105657]besides the fact that this phone will be activated in store, you CANT get this phone to run on tmobile's 3G

Tmbobile's is on 1700mhz

[QUOTE/]
Ah you need to read up more about bandwidth. First off 3G is World CDMA and the purpose of it is to be compatible with all Networks. AKA Japans UMTS for example. Now with that said the spectrum range for T-Mobiles 3g is from 1700-2100mhz which basically means a hacked 3G Iphone will work on T-Mobiles service.

just1pepsi
06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Man..this is gay... im getting for my girlfriend one.. hope there is other way. by the way, what if I just bring cash and leave my card at home... if they ask I;; just tell them that im just a college kid and never have a card if that work??

They straight wont sell you one. I went with my dad, and he only had cash, they werent going to sell it to him. I had to pay w/ my debit card.. thats when they were 399 or whatever.

TheArkitekt
06-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I just bought a iclone from china, its cheap as hell $100 to my door. and it works fine, looks identical to the iphone and has 2 sim card slots (good for traveling internationally) and 2gb of memory. for the cost i couldnt ask for any better.

on a side note, if you want to run a iphone on tmo, you only need jailbreak (cracking software) and a blackberry data plan to make it work. service is like ~65 a month including txt.

CKAMC
06-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Ah you need to read up more about bandwidth. First off 3G is World CDMA and the purpose of it is to be compatible with all Networks. AKA Japans UMTS for example. Now with that said the spectrum range for T-Mobiles 3g is from 1700-2100mhz which basically means a hacked 3G Iphone will work on T-Mobiles service.

WHAT?!!!??! From my knowledge a spectrum stays within 100~200mhz and that its only in the 1700mhz range unless you look at their european spectrum of 1900mhz.

240trainee
06-12-2008, 02:41 PM
on a side note, if you want to run a iphone on tmo, you only need jailbreak (cracking software) and a blackberry data plan to make it work. service is like ~65 a month including txt.

Yep, thats my thing, already have that setup with my pearl, it's just getting the iPhone, but if this one is that harder to crack, and harder to get with no contract....

TheArkitekt
06-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Yep, thats my thing, already have that setup with my pearl, it's just getting the iPhone, but if this one is that harder to crack, and harder to get with no contract....

give it a week and itll be cracked.

Daniel.
06-12-2008, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=CKAMC;2105657]besides the fact that this phone will be activated in store, you CANT get this phone to run on tmobile's 3G

Tmbobile's is on 1700mhz

[QUOTE/]

Sorry Dave, he's right.

T-Mobile's 3g will be transmitting in 1700mhz. If the mobile device you're carrying doesn't have a 1700mhz radio,(which the iphone doesn't) you can't get it.

You're right that according to WCDMA standards the freq range is between 1700and 2100, but there is no radio out there that supports such a broad range. In order to even get japanese/korean 3g you have to have UMTS 2100 which 95% of the phones sold in the U.S. don't have.

I will say though that later this year, a certain phone manufactured by htc running a certain open source OS which is going to be sold in a U.S. cellular retail store will have a 6band radio.

1700/1800/1900/850/900/2100

:naughty:

shhhhhhh

CKAMC
06-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Bleh don't count GSM, UMTS and beyond is all that matters now, except for those rural parts of the US or area's with just plain shitty reception

lflkajfj12123
06-12-2008, 04:32 PM
to crack the 1st gen iphone all you had to do was run a program that unlocked and jailbreaked in under 10 minutes

edit: i am the bearer of obvious, i bring gifts and toys for all

redtop91
06-12-2008, 04:45 PM
windows mobile sucks dicks thats why I prefer the iphone.

I had a Q, then a Q9 and also had a blackjack for a little while. I'm not totally crazy about the iphone but the interface and operating system makes sooooo much more sense. windows mobile sucks.

All of those phone run Windows Mobile Smartphone edition. It's a far cry from Pocket PC edition. Kind of like Windows ME vs. Windows 2000 LOLZ.

Whenever I see someone tapping away on a stylus and showing me they can remote access their PC on their phone I just chuckle. Yep, they got me...they are a whole lot more tech savvy than I am and their phone is way cooler, so enjoy playing World of Warcraft all day, or whatever it is people do who spend time hacking their phones.

Remote desktop is something built into Windows Mobile 5 & 6 and only involves very basic port forwarding if your computer is behind a router. Far cry from "hacking". I'm just trying to share what the Windows Mobile platform is capable of just like someone who prefers the iPhone shares those advantages. I'm not trying to be elitist, I'm just really enthusiastic about phones. I worked for Sprint for the past 4 years.

Daniel.
06-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Bleh don't count GSM, UMTS and beyond is all that matters now, except for those rural parts of the US or area's with just plain shitty reception

UMTS is the next step in GSM evolution.

So it's basically GSM. :/

Besides, UMTS/3G/GSM coverage still sucks.

It won't be totally awesome till a few years from now when they start bridging the gap towards 4g standards and the 700mhz freq starts getting lit up. :)

(yes, i have at&t. Yes i'm somewhat of a hypocrite. But i also have t-mobile and i'm using their UMA to get coverage at home.)

yokotas13
06-12-2008, 06:51 PM
this thing is gonna be great in japan. i cant wait

drift freaq
06-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry Dave, he's right.

T-Mobile's 3g will be transmitting in 1700mhz. If the mobile device you're carrying doesn't have a 1700mhz radio,(which the iphone doesn't) you can't get it.

You're right that according to WCDMA standards the freq range is between 1700and 2100, but there is no radio out there that supports such a broad range. In order to even get japanese/korean 3g you have to have UMTS 2100 which 95% of the phones sold in the U.S. don't have.

I will say though that later this year, a certain phone manufactured by htc running a certain open source OS which is going to be sold in a U.S. cellular retail store will have a 6band radio.

1700/1800/1900/850/900/2100

:naughty:

shhhhhhh

Ah no he is not and neither are you. T-Mobile owns spectrum all the way up to 2100mhz! Don't believe me ? Read this and weep. Sorry guys in your infinite desire to make T-Mobile look inferior you fail.

http://www.phonemag.com/t-mobile-3g-its-alive-052654.php

P.S. Those are facts so once again now I have owned both of you.

Oh and I don't care what you say Daniel ATT sucks ass.

Harbe
06-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Still 199 if i just buy the phone? i have at&t with some sony pos phone?

Daniel.
06-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Ah no he is not and neither are you. T-Mobile owns spectrum all the way up to 2100mhz! Don't believe me ? Read this and weep. Sorry guys in your infinite desire to make T-Mobile look inferior you fail.

http://www.phonemag.com/t-mobile-3g-its-alive-052654.php

P.S. Those are facts so once again now I have owned both of you.

Oh and I don't care what you say Daniel ATT sucks ass.

ok, so im owned there.

But, T-mobile still doesn't use the same bands as AT&T's 3g (wcdma 850/1900) which i guess is the point i was trying to make.

anyways, i guess ill let the cat out of the bag. the htc model i spoke of above is actually going to be the HTC dream which will be launched on t-mobile running android. can you say motherfucking win? i believe it's also going to have UMA. Shit yeah. all 6 bands + uma. :w00t:

anyways, i was never knocking t-mob. i love them, i love the way they run their company. i worked for them for 2 years afterall. at&t just has the money to come out on top right now. once this android thing takes off, and uma becomes more popular. bam. t-mobile becomes the market leader.

lflkajfj12123
06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
is there official pics and info on the htc dream?

Daniel.
06-13-2008, 12:03 PM
is there official pics and info on the htc dream?

nope, its still top secret. its going to be out in q4 this year. google is still doing lots of tweaking on android to get it to play nice.

S14DB
06-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Wait, Google is going to ship android and not use it as a SDK for addons for WM6/Blackberry/iPhone like they are now?

Oh, can you go down to the Desktop people and slap them around for releasing all this Windows crap and no linix?

Seeing how it will have a sim card tray and being sold all over the world. I'm sure an unlocked version will ship. They are being marketed with Tmobile in Europe. But the voicemail feature is something I love. I don't see how you could have that without ATT in the US.

My iPhone plan is $20 cheaper a month than my PDA plan with AT&T. Even with the basic data the iPhone is $10 cheaper a month then PDA. This is what really sold me on it vs the Tilt.

Overall it has been 10x more reliable then my Crapjack. and the software is alot easier to get to stuff then WM6. Even though on paper 3G is 2x faster then Edge I really don't notice it. Having WiFi is the key cause I usually have access all over the place and that blows 3g out of the water.
Only thing would be the GPS on the 3g for me. cause the Google maps is better than a Garmin gps on directions. But the tower locate is close enough for me day to day. The big thing is the AppStore. Getting a free 2.0 upgrade gives me that so no big deal for me right now.

S14DB
06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
nope, its still top secret. its going to be out in q4 this year. google is still doing lots of tweaking on android to get it to play nice.

you sure about that?
http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/05/google-and-htcs-dream-phone-prototype-semi-revealed/
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/20/htcs-dream-again-rumored-to-be-first-android-phone/

No pics? Concept photos from 2007/11/05. Hell it was at CES last year

OK ,those were photochop. But there couldn't be real pics of it...

How bout video?
http://www.phonemag.com/htc-dream-phone-031838.php
Wait is that Andy Ruben from Google?

:keke:

Daniel.
06-13-2008, 12:23 PM
lol ok ok. but that isnt andy in the video.

it's steve horowitz.

so yeah, the shit is pretty cool. i got to play with a few dream's and they seem great so far. just a few bugs that need to get worked out before it ships later this year

S14DB
06-13-2008, 02:28 PM
lol ok ok. but that isnt andy in the video.

it's steve horowitz.

so yeah, the shit is pretty cool. i got to play with a few dream's and they seem great so far. just a few bugs that need to get worked out before it ships later this year

The last video with the pre-release model.

pignose4life
06-13-2008, 03:09 PM
im down to just wait till the US gets 7g like japan =]

Daniel.
06-13-2008, 03:12 PM
The last video with the pre-release model.

fuck i keep getting owned in this thread.

yeah, thats andy.

the guy doing the demo in all of the other videos is steve.

DUFFM4N
07-11-2008, 02:01 PM
so who got their 3G iPhone today?!

....i did, im happy with it so far

emersonLP
07-11-2008, 02:24 PM
The word on the web is there are problems getting them working. No problems with yours Duffman?

Bobafreak
07-11-2008, 02:28 PM
< hopping the sidekick gecco is in 3g..

DUFFM4N
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
The word on the web is there are problems getting them working. No problems with yours Duffman?

well the thing is, you activate the phone at the store, BUT because there were SO many activations going on at once, that it just slowed down the network...i was lucky, and mine is up and working fine

a lot of people talk shit "oh problems already? what a piece of shit"...but no one takes into considering that NO ONE lines up for cell phones (that ive seen)...so when you got 1/2 the world trying to activate a phone all at once, you're gonna run into some small problems

< hopping the sidekick gecco is in 3g..

keeeeeeeeep wishing, tmobile is far from that

cali240sxdrifter
07-11-2008, 07:58 PM
got mine today, the line at the att store was only like 5 people. So I said fuck it and waited in line at 6:40 till 8. Took 20 mins for the employee to setup everything and I was done.

This is my first iphone and i'm nerding out, so many awesome functions. I got the 16gig back iphone, cost me 316 with tax.

speedgod^s13
07-11-2008, 08:26 PM
My friend bought 2 iphones today. 1 white 16gb, and 1 black 8b. I was checking out the pamplet that came with the phones, which had the at%pee rate plans. They were outlandish. I'm not sure, if it's because we live in Hawaii, but I was really surprised. Their base plan was 60 dollars, and that didn't include text, or internet. I'm with t-mobile,and as someone stated rumor has it, that they will be going to 3g at the end of this year. So, i'll just wait, and see what comes out then. I really loved my 2g iphone, and still do. I love the interface, and the touchscreen. I do admit, texting on my sk3, was much easier, though. I also had a crackberry 8320, which I really liked. What didn't I like? The crackberry interface. It's freakin horrible. My perfect phone? I'm glad you asked. It would be the features of the crackberry, with the interface, and physical traits of the iphone. MMS, Micro SD, here I come!!!! We can all dream, can't we? :keke:

lflkajfj12123
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
^ yeah i agree

thrOwsumDs
07-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I have it and I love it it's not as slow as people say

ki_JDM_ds
07-12-2008, 02:28 PM
me and my bro got ours... first I phone i have had and I love it.

Zilvia anywhere

Inland180
07-13-2008, 01:14 AM
got mine and loving it! I got the first iphone aswell last year and never had problems with it. Hope this one is the same! 3G is alot faster than edge network!

iwishiwas-all*
07-13-2008, 09:53 AM
i just got mine yesterday, i cant for the life of me make my ringtones work ugh.... i made them in garage band maybe someone else on here has?

Future240
07-13-2008, 10:11 AM
but no one takes into considering that NO ONE lines up for cell phones (that ive seen)...so when you got 1/2 the world trying to activate a phone all at once, you're gonna run into some small problems

I know right? I was surprised to see people lining up for a cell phone. I mean you expect it to happen when a console comes out, or a big time game (GTA IV) but a cell phone? I didnt think it would be that big o deal. When [email protected] gets a bit more flexible with their plans, I might consider getting one

markyboi
07-13-2008, 11:02 AM
i got one too..waited with my bro and gf for about 3 hours to get 3 phones...

for its price, i think it is well worth it.

Str8 Rippin
07-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm loving mine all the applications with 3g speed make it a new phone for me having previously owned the last one