PDA

View Full Version : The best entertainment in vegas for $1

MELLO*SOS
06-08-2008, 11:16 PM
I went to pic a part today with a buddy to find some Q45 and Toyota stuff. We were pulling side skirts off this AE92 and smelled some smoke..... Then it got real dark out like a cloud was passing over.. I got on the roof of the car and spotted this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/mello88/M01A0534-1.jpg

LOL first time I've ever seen a car on fire at the junk yard!! The P-A-P crew was trying frantically to put it out with little extinguishers and whatnot for 5 or 10 minutes with no luck. Then they came back a little while later and tried to douse it with a big ass hose and that didn't work either. Every few minutes the fire would pop with little explosions and the dudes would go running. It was pretty comical to watch hehe.. A fire truck showed up about 15 minutes later when the car was fully engulfed... They got it put out in a matter of minutes.I have to say this was the best trip to the JY I've had in a long time, definitely got my $1 worth of entertainment for the day! LOL... The guy at the gate said this happens from time to time when customers get pissed off. Who the hell lights cars on fire at P-A-P?!?!

They were closing right as all this was happening, so we left with our treasures... Got a Q45 TB, fresh s13 door panels and my friend got AE92 side skirts and some mesh wheels. Oh yeah also picked up a fresh radiator cap, s13 fuse box cover and a 75amp fuse. I <3 the JY!

Anyone else ever seen a car on fire at pick a part?

TiNMAN
06-08-2008, 11:19 PM
nah. what happened tho? firemen come put it out?

MELLO*SOS
06-08-2008, 11:24 PM
^ Yeah after 15 minutes or so. Watching the P-A-P employees try to put it out was pure comedy. Good thing it was on the domestic side and not the imports hahah

fliprayzin240sx
06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
How the fuck does a junked car catch on fire?!?! It couldnt be an electrical fire since the battery would be the first shit they pull out of a car...

MELLO*SOS
06-09-2008, 12:33 AM
LOL some dude must have set it on fire I guess. Maybe someone threw a cig in there IDK. It was a great way to end the jy run, can't wait to go back next week haha

This same JY has a sign at the front gate reading "NO ALCOHOL DRUNKIES". Apparently there is a problem with people coming to the junkyard drunk? LOL

pr0ject TRUENO
06-09-2008, 12:45 AM
btw those AE92 skirts will not just bolt on

you need to modify them a bit

MELLO*SOS
06-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Ya he mentioned something about that but I wasn't paying attention.. It's his project not mine LOL.

BustedS13
06-09-2008, 01:03 AM
those 75 amp fuses are like 20 bucks at the dealer. i bought one once and since then i've pulled every one in sight when i go to the yard. i've probably got like 30 of them, and i've blown one ever

MELLO*SOS
06-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Damn that's expensive. I've never blown one, but it's nice to have spares of little stuff like that.

fliprayzin240sx
06-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Damn that's expensive. I've never blown one, but it's nice to have spares of little stuff like that.

You'll find out quick when your alternator starts spazzing out...

silviaguy240
06-09-2008, 09:59 AM
yea that shit sucks, my alt fuse blew and went to the dealer to get it...was like $23 for it. rediculous

SW20Racer
06-09-2008, 10:37 AM
the only problem i had with the p-a-p in gulfport mississippi (barry's u-pull-it for the locals) was hobos scaring me shitless.

i would always check out the old pedo vans when i went to see if i ever got lucky and found someones forgotten stash, but a couple times i came face to face with some homeless dude trying to camp out in a junk van.

ThatGuy
06-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I saw a couple cars catch fire at the Junkyards back in Pa.

They were all caused by employees pulling off panels and parts with a cutting torch. :duh:

skylindrftr
06-09-2008, 03:21 PM
there was one at the pick n pull down here in the 909, a fresh c4 corvette got in, within 30 mins it was stripped and somehow on fire that left the manager standing there scratching his head...

it was b/c they didn't drain the fuel tank before they stripped the car...

HyperTek
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
ive never seen it.. but i can imagine people heating shit up with tourches or lighters to get shit off, like the expansion of metal when its heated etc..

Some JY trips are scary when you see cars that have fell on the ground.. they sometimes post em up on top of wheels that have been welded together.. sometimes ive seen cars sitting on just 3 stands.. and they wobble.. fuck that i try not to go under cars at the junk yards lol

azndoc
06-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Ummm yeah the JY is quite the scary place to be.

That's why I just pay people to go for me.

Duh.

infinitexsound
06-09-2008, 07:53 PM
eh not bad.... for 1 dollar.....beers and working on cars is the thing to do...

S13_Nightkid
06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
ive never seen it.. but i can imagine people heating shit up with tourches or lighters to get shit off, like the expansion of metal when its heated etc..

Some JY trips are scary when you see cars that have fell on the ground.. they sometimes post em up on top of wheels that have been welded together.. sometimes ive seen cars sitting on just 3 stands.. and they wobble.. fuck that i try not to go under cars at the junk yards lol

fuck yea. A guy who works at a local JY had a car fall on top of him awhile back...i dont know if he is still alive..

thejapino
06-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I love the junkyard. Somedays, I'll get my p.a.p. stamp and go to several yards!

Damn gas prices!!!

SoguRacing
06-09-2008, 10:11 PM
those 75 amp fuses are like 20 bucks at the dealer. i bought one once and since then i've pulled every one in sight when i go to the yard. i've probably got like 30 of them, and i've blown one ever

yea^ i've got a dozen of them in my tools box and a few in the ashtray :naughtyd: