PDA

View Full Version : Cops cracking down...

gijoe69
06-08-2008, 11:13 PM
its crazy in San Francisco & Daly City...I have seen so many honda's getting pulled over, their engine popped and inspected; taken pictures by undercover cops and or uniformed cops....it seems like they are cracking down on Honda's EG hatches and Integra's.................I haven't seen any 240's get popped on the road these past days but.....yah thank god if we got SR swaps or RB swaps it says Nissan on it lol........Now time to spray paint my FMIC flat black lol......

jspec240
06-08-2008, 11:16 PM
yep and they make you watch your car get crushed if you get caught racing...

Good lookin out for the peeps in nor cal tho...+1

projekt_s13
06-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Well thats not the case in my area of the bay. A few of my friends have been popped, the CHP officer tells them that they are looking for the sr20.

an_orange_s2k
06-08-2008, 11:36 PM
it seems like they are cracking down on Honda's EG hatches and Integra's................

are they tagging the ones with huge ass wings and fart can exhaust's cuz im okay with that

jspec240
06-08-2008, 11:40 PM
^^ haha true dat!!

luftrofl
06-08-2008, 11:44 PM
are they tagging the ones with huge ass wings and fart can exhaust's cuz im okay with that

I don't think that those ones even have vtec :duh:

gijoe69
06-08-2008, 11:44 PM
long, long time ago maybe like 4-5 years ago I got popped b4 they checked my engine but it says Nissan on it so I got let off the hook except just for a fix a ticket long time ago frisco runs.....I had a rare S14 SR20 swap which was hard to come by back then lol

Jonnyblaze
06-08-2008, 11:53 PM
last night my friend and I went to the local car meet in his GSX (oxnard/camarillo) and it was dead.. we now know why. when we pulled out of the lot a cop pulled us over and got my friend for license plate lights, exhaust, and intake. then literally 10 minutes later we get pulled over again for window tint (they were rolled down the first time(only got a warning for those though, no ticket)) but the thing is there were 2 other guys getting pulled over (riced hondas) ON THE SAME BLOCK...

norcal_black240
06-08-2008, 11:53 PM
This isint new news. Go to sacramento and elk groove area. People in stockish 240's and honda's get pulled over all the time. Cops even pull over stock sti's and evo's. If you have a exhaust and a cop is behind you 98 percent chance your getting pulled over.

I would imagine bay area being just as bad as sacramento area. Just as many modified cars and probably more

They will pull you over for

ride height
having HID's on a car without HID's
exhaust
If side skirt is lowest part of your car
wheels sticking out past fenders
even for just having a clean lowered car

Anything that does not ride like a 4x4 and a stock muffler your asking to be pulled over in sac area.

J40sx
06-09-2008, 12:00 AM
yea its like straight up racial profiling, cops would be like " oh there goes an asian guy with an eg, ek, or honda (in general) i gotta pull him over cause i know he got something on him" lol

but yea the crack down is going crazy!

bo2o
06-09-2008, 12:08 AM
honda engines say honda on them?

are they looking for hondas with a nissan motor? or nissans with honda motors.

cops are gettin smarter.
just dont do any thing stupid on teh streets. and they cant get u.

!Zar!
06-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I met a cop that knew more than most people on this forum.

I don't even know why this thread is in chat.

It's nothing new.

San mateo county cops pulled me over for stock exhaust as an excuse to pop my hood.

All the kids who go to, "meets" get popped because the cops believe that people meet up to try and organize a race at another location.

That's why they show up.

Not to mention the retarded people who rev and burn out in the lot.

That happens all the time in Daly City, so I don't see why you're shocked.

Cops in SF don't give a fuck about modded cars unless you are doing something horribly wrong.

Smurf_240SX
06-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Save your cars ride a bike :bigok:

OptionZero
06-09-2008, 12:26 AM
i'm workin in downtown sac these days and i roll by cops all the time, they usually look at me and move along w/o doin anything

stock exhaust but the intake and shit rattling squeeking over bumps make noise
hasn't bitten me yet

i drive during rush hour
can't get me for speeding when the flow of traffic is...dead stop

dont drive like a dumbass and you won't get treated like one

!Zar!
06-09-2008, 12:31 AM
I do have a bike.

Anyways, real men have a DD.

onepuff
06-09-2008, 02:07 AM
Main reason i would never live in Cali. Hope none of you guys get your cars crushed.

!Zar!
06-09-2008, 02:15 AM
it would take a lot to get me to leave cali.

Not being able to drive my track car on the street isn't one of them.

J90lude
06-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Its all good ova here in MD.:wiggle: Although sometimes if you do happen to get caught with a modified car they make go through inspection again which sucks ass balls:bash:.

Good Luck to you guys thou..:)

JayDee M Rolly
06-09-2008, 02:18 AM
cops are retarted, i got pulled over for my OEM foglights, he said it was too bright and for off-road use only LOL.

didnt get a ticket though so yep

projekt_s13
06-09-2008, 02:24 AM
cops are retarded, i got pulled over for my OEM foglights, he said it was too bright and for off-road use only LOL.

didnt get a ticket though so yep

Sometimes they are dicks but dont generalize them, they risk their lives for you.

Matej
06-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Sometimes they are dicks but dont generalize them, they risk their lives for you.
It's okay for them to generalize all of us as street racers. :keke:

projekt_s13
06-09-2008, 03:00 AM

Haha you got a point there.

JayDee M Rolly
06-09-2008, 03:14 AM
thanks for the spell check haha, cant believe i didnt notice that even with firefox spell check on.

he thought i was gonna race because i had the shift-lock.net sticker "Live & Die By The RWD"

ayuaddict
06-09-2008, 03:23 AM
man its not even funny how much shit i get for my car, despite the stock KA...

5t341tH
06-09-2008, 03:29 AM
i just read in superstreet that cops in the inland empire are teaming up ( 9 police agencies) to crack down on tuned cars.
they raided a car meet and surrounded them and popped hoods for motors.
watch out u riverside people

alindeman1989
06-09-2008, 03:30 AM
this has been going on for a while now. Fast and the furious movies caused all of this. it brought so much attention to the scene. stupid kids watched the movies and started ricing there cars out and street racing. my brother told me back when he was in high school (1997 or so) cops were so much more accepting towards the import crowd. i have never understood why the pick on they imports. Do they think that all those old school muscle cars all have stock motors in them. that shit is prejudice and racist. they are profiling anyone with a fixed up car as a street racer. To me its bull shit to be doing this.

DohcKA
06-09-2008, 03:47 AM
i got pulled by a cop in my turboII.... only this cop was in a red 5.0 mustang this was a couple years ago

handinpants
06-09-2008, 03:49 AM
i think i'm going to apply for a career in the CHP, i mean i don't have a job right now and well i always wanted to blast down the freeway at rediculas speeds with the lights on, just so i can get somewhere faster... with all do respect i think i would have a blast, even if i don't make the cut, i can always get a job as a security guard... heh

or i can just pretend not to know what is in the car other than the wierd noises mine makes if i go over 3k rpms... or the clunking noise from taking corners at low speeds.... the car must be broken

s14_legend
06-09-2008, 08:42 AM
i got popped over the weekend driving to get grocerys....cop did not give me a reason why he pulled me over...all he said was pop your hood and sit on the sidewalk

ms!3
06-09-2008, 09:25 AM
just two exhaust tickets. when i move to cali im just going to keep my car registered in Louisiana and not drive it off base much.

!Zar!
06-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Well, truth be told, there are more people who drive recklessly with import cars than there are who drive properly. So I mean, it sucks for the few of us who aren't like that, but it comes with the territory.
this has been going on for a while now. Fast and the furious movies caused all of this. it brought so much attention to the scene. stupid kids watched the movies and started ricing there cars out and street racing. my brother told me back when he was in high school (1997 or so) cops were so much more accepting towards the import crowd. i have never understood why the pick on they imports. Do they think that all those old school muscle cars all have stock motors in them. that shit is prejudice and racist. they are profiling anyone with a fixed up car as a street racer. To me its bull shit to be doing this.
Will you please get the fuck off the, "F&F caused all this problems". People like you are just looking for the easy way out. EVERYONE knew about illegal street racing and modified cars way before this movie.

Shit, you don't remember opening night? Where everyone drove their cars to go watch it? Truth be told, the muscle car generation was a lot more organized than todays generation. You didn't have people trying to be wangan masters.

Pretty much, the product of baby boomers is a lot stupider than the prior generations over all.

Racist? What the fuck are you talking about?

just two exhaust tickets. when i move to cali im just going to keep my car registered in Louisiana and not drive it off base much.
My friend is in the navy and that's what he's doing.

nissan_driver24
06-09-2008, 11:01 AM
i got pulled over twice in my 240 in the last 2 months... first time it was for no license plate in the front and second time was for tinted front windows.... both times it was in front of my work, and i was wearing a dress shirt not speeding or doing anything wrong just going to work....

sometimes I think the chp in sac have nothing better to do but give out dumb tickets...

gijoe69
06-09-2008, 11:04 AM
yup thats true, F&F isn't a excuse....mainly cops are pulling people over now these days, summer is starting... more and more dumb kids who just graduated from high school will be thinking they can race on the or think they can drift on the streets and screw it up for us... we just enjoy cruising even though gas prices are high lol....

!Zar!
06-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Everyone gets tint tickets.

Isn't new.

You need a front license plate ticket so the radar detector can work and the camera can take pictures of you.

You need to be visible in the front so the cops and cameras can see you.

EVERYONE gets those tickets if they break those laws.

DALAZ_68
06-09-2008, 11:11 AM
and this is why modding my car is gonna wait and buy myself real DD (08 corolla FTW) and turn my 240 into straight track...i have yet to get pulled **kock on wood** and i dont intend to...and its true cops dont generally pull u over for racism or because u drive the car...ive let my BOV go next to a CHP and they didnt pull me over because i was going the speed limit/tryint ot reach speed limit...and my BOV is semi fucken loud...they cruised behind me for a good 2 mins and just kept going and pulled a mustang going 15+ the speed limit...if u drive stupid and give them a reason u deserved to get pulled...if u on the freeway and ur acting reckless and in a 240 i will call CHP on ur ass...i dont give a fuck about ''but man i drive a 240 how could u'' bullshit... u act stupid behind the wheel ur risking my life and potentially someone i care about...so to anyone who has a problem with that fuck off or stop driving like u own the freeway...save it for the track...

!Zar!
06-09-2008, 11:20 AM
It's true you will draw less attention if you follow the law, but I've been pulled over many a time for not doing anything illegal.

Best thing to do if you can't afford a car is save up like $1k and buy a bucket.

Cheaper than dealing with state ref/tickets and what not.

azndoc
06-09-2008, 11:24 AM
And that's why last Friday I drove my car on the streets to the Friday night meet for the last time ever.

I'm non oping her for good.

Trailer track queen from now on. Which she has been for the last year anyways.

s14_legend
06-09-2008, 11:34 AM
yup it definitely sucks...good to see your car again, actually driven out of the woodworks doc

!Zar!
06-09-2008, 11:43 AM
And that's why last Friday I drove my car on the streets to the Friday night meet for the last time ever.

I'm non oping her for good.

Trailer track queen from now on. Which she has been for the last year anyways.

You drive that shit on the road?

haha.

Props for that.

azndoc
06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
You drive that shit on the road?

haha.

Props for that.

Yeah it was scary.....

I pull out of the gas station to make a right at the intersection just to see a cop making a left.

He ended up cruising behind me with me cursing at myself for forgetting to put the silencer in along with fixing the exhaust leak at the cat-delete pipe.

nissan_driver24
06-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Isn't new.

You need a front license plate ticket so the radar detector can work and the camera can take pictures of you.

true if you break laws u'll get ticket(s) and i'll still continue to just pay 10 dollars after fixing it and just change it back to the old way. just a pain to be pulled over twice right in front of your work...

that's why after I drop my sr20 into one of my 240 i'm registering that bitch in oregon... no smog to deal with...

VROOOM
06-09-2008, 12:48 PM

Isn't new.

I dont care what anyone says, my dad drives a tubbed 47 chevy and he never gets pulled over. he drives around with his cut outs open, the cops dont care. cops will even ask him to rev it up. muscle car guys are not bother as much as we are.

HyperTek
06-09-2008, 01:45 PM
i still got out of state plates on my Fc *knock on wood*... but if i get pulled.. its game over since my temp reg was good til jan, i need to smog it and turn the plates over...

I swear cali plates is like a green flag for cops to pull you over ...

so far , slammed, flat black, no front plate, LED tail lights... but car is not very loud, yet recirculating bov will sound if I build boost.. but on the street i drive very cautiously and just cruise. I want to install HID headlights... but dam if i put the cali plates +hid... shit i dunno lol

I dont race. but I enjoy having a custom car and enjoy driving it on the street... where I get the most satisfaction.. If i couldnt drive my custom car on the street, and had to make it non-op, then i would not enjoy owning it.. yah feel me? lol

In other news, was watching the news and supposibly cops are now startin to crack down on bikers in long beach for bikes louder then 95 db... Residence complaining about motorcycles being too loud and altering the bikes for sound is illegal

Aworks Race Balance
06-09-2008, 02:07 PM
wow that sucks, a couple of years back SEMA worked with an organization in which was developed by that aftermarket industry to help adjust some of the problems that law enforcement agencies are targeting in terms of legalization. Don't know if that org. is still around though

HyperTek
06-09-2008, 02:35 PM
dont hear much about Sema anymore.. maybe i just dont read "import tuning" magazines anymore.. or the population of dumfuck ricers grew up soo big after the movies that it is now a lost cause??

If the tuning community was a smaller mature crowd, it would be easier for their influence, but if they are fighting for every dumbfuck loudass annoying car... then =(

steve shadows
06-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Will you please get the fuck off the, "F&F caused all this problems". People like you are just looking for the easy way out. EVERYONE knew about illegal street racing and modified cars way before this movie.

It did, where the fuck have you been

And all the time before the cops didnt give a shit in a hat

in fact in the late 90s they used to roll up at spots and do burn outs and wave at people

no there is state memorandums from the legislature that forces them to enforce new laws and to get reprimanded if they don't, even though it's the least deadliest form of driving the country. Check out the NTSA's own studies, street racing is safer (in deaths) in a massive margin than just normal driving.

HIM
06-09-2008, 03:11 PM
CHP - Cant fuck with them, they are extremely anal and will check everything.

PD - Are cool, as long as you dont give them a reason to pull you over.
Reasonable cause will give an officer the right to do whatever he wants.
If he smells bud in your car, you will get searched. If he sees gauges or anything that might not be " usually seen in a car " then it will alert them.

Ive been pulled over 15 + times ( my car is flashy, limo tint, loud exhaust, rims etc.)
only got
1) speeding ticket - 150$ + 30 dollar traffic school fine 80 on the freeway
2) modified exhaust - 10$ plus the fee to get it checked off
3) Modified sound system - 150$ ( yes, I learned my lesson not to put your stereo on max with 2 10 inch subs in the back with all windows down.

I didnt try to get out of any of my tickets by using that I will fight it in court bs. I took it like a man and just paid for breaking the law.
( and to whoever says if the officer isn't at court you get off )
they get paid to go to court and arent allowed to miss a certain amount of they get written up )

Rest were all warnings.

If you have nothing to hide:
When you get pulled over, turn off your car. Put your keys on the hood or on the dash, roll down all your windows if you have any tint, turn on your domelight, then look straight ahead till the officer comes to your door. Never ask the officer " why you were pulled over ". They say lines to trick you that begin with " DO YOU KNOW " always deny it and say I never knew that Im sorry officer/Sir. Speak with them with respect, and show them they are in order here not you. Never speak unless they ask you a question. When they ask for your papers, ask the officer " may I go into my glovebox or whever you put your papers to get them ". Dont make any movement until he says yes. Get the papers slowly, and hand them to him. He will then walk back to his car and fill out blah blah. Usuaully they might call backup to scare you. Just be relaxed, and show them you have nothing to hide. If they ask you to search your car, NEVER deny it. Or you will get royally fucked over. EVEN if you have illegal things in your car, they will find it regardless.

LEO's( law enforcement officer ) profile people. If you look guilty of something then they will try to do anything in their power to prove it.

If either your in your car by yourself or friends tell them all to shut up and take off their hats or anything on their head. Remove all sunglasses etc.
If you dress like a " gangster " then yea your going to get a ticket.

Cops do look at your car but rather look at whose driving the car and how you drive it.

Show respect, drive regular, dont look bad, and dont give a police office reason to pull over, and RESEARCH YOUR RIGHTS.

Police officers profile racers so if you dont wanna get pulled over or have a risk of:

Keep the stickers to a limit on windshield/body etc.
Roll around with like 10% under factory tint if you have too ( police only use the line I pulled you over for tints, to look inside and see whose driving
Silence your exhaust
black out all engine parts
use " non " atmospheric boV,
Roll at a decent ride hide
Front License Plates
Hid's around 500 - 600k range ( have them installed at an angle that doesnt blind )
Turn down all loud music/bass
Dont have a gutted interior ( no back seats etc is ALRIGHT, but door panels and all of that no carpet is a red light )
Use red/orange turn signal lights
Use stock license plate lights ( never anything blue/red )
Hide gauges

SLEEPER IS THE KEY!

VROOOM
06-09-2008, 04:14 PM
If either your in your car by yourself or friends tell them all to shut up and take off their hats or anything on their head. Remove all sunglasses etc.
If you dress like a " gangster " then yea your going to get a ticket.

this is the truth. i got pulled over and my passenger was being a complete ass to the cop. i ended up getting 6 fix tickets and my friend got a $1000 ticket for littering(he ashed his cigarette on the ground). we fought it and it got thrown out but we stil had to take off work to go get it taken car off.

jinesz32
06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
cops are getting pretty crazy.

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gifhttp://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif
i was coming home after picking my turbo up in pomona and saw this 350z, when i drove pass it i notice it had "POLICE" on the side and i was like "WTF" so i kept driving in the carpool. and when i get a little infront of him, i notice a front mount! and my friend gave him a thumbs up and he BLEW OFF! holy crap a turbo 350z. cops are crackin down on this stuff.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7586/35dn3.png

projekt_s13
06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
You know thats not a real cop car right?

Redsunz916
06-09-2008, 05:26 PM
yep and they make you watch your car get crushed if you get caught racing...

Good lookin out for the peeps in nor cal tho...+1

i thought they only crush cars if they find stolen parts on ur car.. so far its been only honda kids. stupid mofo's runnin stolen shit. :fawkd: to hondas.

HyperTek
06-09-2008, 05:52 PM
You know thats not a real cop car right?

yah i heard you can do anything as long as you put "Not in service"... so i guess you can drive around in a wannabe cop car.. hmm i wonder if cops would pull that over!?!

hahah that would be sweet.. cant beat em, join em lol

I bet if you did one like that, and got pulled over, just say how its a demo show car that you take to car shows to promote safe driving and positive influence lol

ROUGE180
06-09-2008, 05:57 PM
In past years they have not been so bad in Maryland but since that big accident a couple months back where 8 ppl died they have been cracking down a bit. Most of the time they don't care. I got pulled over by a state trooper for no license plate in the front He just gave me a warning. Some of the cops are cool though. There's a UC that comes and hangs out with us. He's like you guys are not causing problems, you're not loud and you're not doing burn outs so it's all good. Had another cop tell us hey you can hang out here and police yourselves. Just don't make a whole lot of noise because I don't want to come back here.

Seems like the Cali folks are getting the short end of the stick for sure. I used to live in San Diego about 4 years ago and never had a problem. So what is it about lowering your car in CA that gets you a ticket? And it is interesting that muscle cars get you a thumbs up and imports get you 1 night with bubba the prison pimp.

an_orange_s2k
06-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Seems like the Cali folks are getting the short end of the stick for sure.
u can say that again...smog laws, car thefts, law enforcement(kinda), and $4.70 for 91 octane

importantone
06-09-2008, 06:20 PM
I used to live in the bay two years ago... was raised there... now I live in Los Angeles in the Palms area right above Culver City. I have zero problems in Los Angeles for the most part... for a few months there Culver City PD was hot on everyones trail though. I got pulled over three times within a couple months just driving normally during traffic hours. Luckily my stage 2 STI has no visible mods under the hood and my intake is a CARB legal unit. My car is farely aggressive, flush wheels, low, medium db sound level exhaust (catless), black roof, some stickers... etc.

they've been quiet the last couple of months though... they have zero street racing so I didn't understand why they were crackin everyone. Maybe they got a hellofalot of complaints from commuters just going to work. So they haven't been focusing on tuner cars the last couple of months.

I feel for you daly City guys. My friend lives in the East Bay and went to daly city one night for a movie... he came home with a bunch of fix it tickets!

insolentspike
06-09-2008, 06:21 PM
yup, i got pulled over in my hatch about 3 months ago, barely gotten the sr swap done and had actually just picked up from the shop.
get out of the gas station and all of a sudden i see a cop behind me and i get pulled over. My stupid ass left my regs and temp permit in my dads car so i had nothing and they made me get out of the car and searched everything. Everything except the hood he didnt pop the hood. Somehow I convinced him I had barely bought the car and my dad was ahead of me with my papers to be sure i woudnt lose them. But it was still pretty embarassing with my friend there with me. Two beaners pulled over in Hollywood which their hands behind their head while everyone passed watching. But yea its really bad right now with cops

importantone
06-09-2008, 06:23 PM
^ sucks man

there is sooooo many stolen cars lately too... I think that's what is driving cops more than anything...

CrimsonRockett
06-09-2008, 06:31 PM
LEO's( law enforcement officer ) profile people. If you look guilty of something then they will try to do anything in their power to prove it.

Cops do look at your car but rather look at whose driving the car and how you drive it.

Show respect, drive regular, dont look bad, and dont give a police office reason to pull over, and RESEARCH YOUR RIGHTS.

QFT.

I've only been pulled over twice in my life.

The first time, I was making waiting to make a left at the light with my gf in the car. Once I made the left, he flips his lights.

He practically runs toward my car with his gun in his hand.(Which scared the shit out of me.)

Yells at me to turn off my car. It was the first time I had ever been pulled over, so I was kind of clueless as to what I was supposed to do.

Starts asking me questions. "Is the car stolen?! Show me the damn key! Where you two headed? Who is she?".

He then tells me he pulled me over because my 3rd brake light wasn't working...which was bullshit. He left me off with a warning.

As soon as he leaves, I check to see if my 3rd brake light was in fact not working....hmm, what do you know...it WORKS.

Whatever.

Second time I was pulled over was in fact my fault.

A bus was loading up a TON of passengers and I was kind of late for work, so I slowly passed up in front of it. While doing so, the bus had loaded everybody up and was moving toward me, so I had to gas it to make the turn. Cop was waiting at the light to make a left, so he flips his lights and follows me.

As soon as I came to a stop, I turned off the car, placed the keys on the dash, and put my hands on the steering wheel. Not to mention I was wearing my work clothes(black slacks, dress shoes, tucked in long sleeve dress shirt, tie, with short hair to the side).

The cop was being insanely nice about the situation. He asked me if I knew why he pulled me over, and I was honest about it. Said yes.

Politely asked me to step out of the car to quickly pat me down, quickly searched my car(it was 5am), and asked for my license and reg.

After about 2 minutes, he asked me: "I'm pretty sure you learned your lesson here. No need to have to give you a fine, correct?"

"No sir."

"Alright then. Get on out of here. Drive safely. :) "

My car is dumped, 8000k HID's, semi-loud exhaust.

I wasn't speeding, driving like an ass, and I wasn't dressed like a slob.

So, yeah.

I dd my car with no issues.

Hell, cops give me thumbs up all the time.

Don't drive like an ass. Keep your car clean. That'll keep the cops off your back.

Sideways~S14
06-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Sorry for my lack of punctuation but my fathers friend is a chp officer in the woodland area on I5 he told me they are devoting alot of resources to finding stolen cars and catching the thieves not giving us tickets for intakes and exhausts he said tho if your driving like an ass and your cars modded they will pop you but if your driving like a normal person they dont care but keep your fmic's hidden and your bov's quiet is what he told me cause those even if driving normal are a given pull over and possibly tow he inspected my 240 and mostly said only thing he would pull me over or ticket me for is my rear tires being too bald (lots of wire showing) lol

Sil-Abc
06-09-2008, 07:29 PM
iuno y there are so many threads about this topic. Its been years YEARS! that this have been happening. I have been popped with my SR several times and ive been let go every time. This is nothing new. Shit happens and by u willing to mod ur shit means u accept the consequences that follow. I knew what i was gettin into when i first got my car and still am consent with it for the time being. Just be nice to them and theyll be nice to u. CHP has more things to do than deal with modified cars and all that bullshit. If u dont give them a hassle they wont hassle u.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up but everything that has been said in this forum has already been said 3 years ago. DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU

T00ch
06-09-2008, 08:02 PM
not too too on topic but.......some doood in the town over from me made up that device called the EMP isolated electromagnetic pulse. basically it says the fleeing car's electrical system would the be fried and no longer able to operate. They can be placed on a beam or pole and be launched at cars or deployed under a fleeing car like spikke stripes..i look for a link possibly...its in my local newpaper

Sil-Abc
06-09-2008, 10:45 PM
.... i think uve been watching too much 2fast2furious buddy

VROOOM
06-09-2008, 11:18 PM
.... i think uve been watching too much 2fast2furious buddy

ive heard of this too

http://www.policeone.com/police-technology/articles/99314/

slw240sx
06-09-2008, 11:23 PM
This is one of the only good reasons to call Ohio home. Cops don't really look at modified cars unless you have no exhaust or you are doing something completely stupid.

I am driving my s13 around right now and its hardly street legal. I have had a cop give me a weird look but they have better things to take care of, like domestic violence and drug calls.

hustlervibes
06-09-2008, 11:43 PM
I think I've seen them test out that electrical demobilzation thing too. It shot out like a skate board and goes under the car and sends electricity through your car killing your ecu. This won't do anything to older carburated motors though.

Sideways~S14
06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Cops don't really look at modified cars unless you have no exhaust
Really I got pulled over by citrus heights pd in ca running no exhaust and she just gave me a no front plate ticket

DALAZ_68
06-10-2008, 12:07 AM
I think I've seen them test out that electrical demobilzation thing too. It shot out like a skate board and goes under the car and sends electricity through your car killing your ecu. This won't do anything to older carburated motors though.

hence why old school rules :naughtyd:

jinesz32
06-10-2008, 03:19 AM
first time i got pulled over.

was when i was driving to san diego, friend was sleeping with the seat all the way down, and i was in the carpool lane, cop pulls me over, and i freaked out. (was my first time) he pulled me over because he thought i was in the carpool alone, damn those tickets are expensive, then my friend pops up and the cop says, " i didn't see your friend declined right there " and asked for license / reg, at the top i was on provision and i wasn't suppose to drive anyone, but he didn't care about that, lucky me :)

second time.
same reason, driving to san diego, friend was sleeping, and i saw the lights go on, i wake my friend up, and the cop turns his lights off as soon as he saw my friend pop up. hahaha.

third time, just tonight.
i freaked out of course, i was driving through malibu to come home, i see a cop and im pretty sure it was a cop, i was driving 5 mph below the speed limit, i was driving a friends car and i didnt know the speedo was 5 mph slower, so then i drive, drive and drive and hes following keeping his distance, then i put out a cig on the ground *didn't want to throw it out* $1000 littering fee!! so i decide to put it out on the gutted ground, and i hit the double yelling line for a second and get back in my lane, *i didn't pass the line, i just ran over it* he then drives for a bit more, following me, then he TAILS the shit out of me, and pops the lights. i get pulled over. he comes and ask me some question, "have you been drinking" "have you been smoking weed" because my eyes were RED from the smoke hitting my eyes / wind blowing in my eyes, we just finished a canyon run, and was on the way home. he gets my license registration etc, and i told him its not my car and its my friends matt's he then leave to his car and run up my license etc, and runs up my friends name and put the registered last name, since its registed under his grandma's name. and finds out theres a warrant for his arrest since he got his license suspended with ALOT of points, then he gives me that blow test thing, and just lets me go.

{good thing i didn't drive my 240 that night! i was going to!}
i just finished going ka-t would suck if that hit me in the ass, it was chp too

;)

T00ch
06-10-2008, 05:42 AM
naw man i wasnt like trying to make that up or anything. i can take a picutre of it if you want haha its in my local news paper. i

Flores240
06-10-2008, 10:30 AM
i just read in superstreet that cops in the inland empire are teaming up ( 9 police agencies) to crack down on tuned cars.
they raided a car meet and surrounded them and popped hoods for motors.
watch out u riverside people

yeah if you go towards temecula area they travel around in packs. There like wolves trying to catch a lost sheep. I had to wait in the parking lot for over an hour because there were four cops outside the only exit.. gay..

an_orange_s2k
06-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I have had a cop give me a weird look but they have better things to take care of, like domestic violence and drug calls.
wish people over here was like that. not too long ago there was a big racing sting/bust operation in oakland. wht happened to all the murders and drug deals?!?!

markyboi
06-10-2008, 05:15 PM
i got pulled over twice in the past 9 days.

1. on the freeway cruising at 70
cop said he pulled me over for modified exhaust. He then asked if there are any modifications under the hood. I said yes and popped my hood (ka, carb injen intake, koyo rad). he let me go off with a warning and even said that my exhaust isn't even loud (had the silencer on).

2. "pulled over" today at my apartment complex
i was warming up my car and the cop decides to pull me over even though i am parked. he said my car was too low so and also asked if there are any mods under hood. i said yes, and he told me to pop the hood. He didnt find anything illegal but ended up pulling his tape measure out. He measure the ride height and told me it needs to be 22" from ground to middle of headlight.
He wrote me a fix-it ticket for being too low (18")

i think its complete bullshit that i was parked and got "pulled over"

OptionZero
06-10-2008, 07:37 PM
wish people over here was like that. not too long ago there was a big racing sting/bust operation in oakland. wht happened to all the murders and drug deals?!?!

murders and drug deals don't generate revenue from tickets and/or car impounding

HIM
06-11-2008, 04:32 AM
i got pulled over twice in the past 9 days.

1. on the freeway cruising at 70
cop said he pulled me over for modified exhaust. He then asked if there are any modifications under the hood. I said yes and popped my hood (ka, carb injen intake, koyo rad). he let me go off with a warning and even said that my exhaust isn't even loud (had the silencer on).

i was warming up my car and the cop decides to pull me over even though i am parked. he said my car was too low so and also asked if there are any mods under hood. i said yes, and he told me to pop the hood. He didnt find anything illegal but ended up pulling his tape measure out. He measure the ride height and told me it needs to be 22" from ground to middle of headlight.
He wrote me a fix-it ticket for being too low (18")

i think its complete bullshit that i was parked and got "pulled over"

dam what does your car look like

JeremyR
06-12-2008, 09:44 PM

depends where you were pulled over in. if you are on your own property, than technically they cant give you a ticket for it..but if you're in the street, parked next to the curb, then they have every right to, regardless of how much a dick move it is.

i used to be like alot of you "oh cops risk there lives for you, they're just doing there job its such a dangerous job" and all that. i used to think it was stupid for people to hate the cops. but that all changed when i got pulled over for doing nothing wrong and breaking no laws. i was driving my car 5th gear 35mph super legit no tinted windows no loud music i have a front plate i use my signals blah blah, hell i even SAW the cop before hand, he tailed me for a good 2 minutes than pulled me over for my exhaust. immediatly he came up to my window and said "i see you have a gauge and that blow off valve in there" (referring to the interior of my car, which contains a defi water temp gauge, which i explained to him thats what it is becuase the stock oen doesnt work) and then proceded to tell me he pulled me over for my exhaust. i am then told to step out of the car, i am patted down, cuffed, thrown into the back of his car, and repeatidly called a street racer. he then calls for back up. threatens that if i dont allow him to search i will go to jail and my car will be impounded. well shit in that position anyone would take the chances so of course he searches pops the hood. 10 minutes later im getting a state ref ticket.

i realise they have a job to do, but i lost all respect for police at that moment. what a dick move on his part, profiling me becuase its an easy ticket and it makse him look good at the end of the day. i never street race, rev like a retard, or do anything to warrant this kind of negative stereotype. i like owning a custom car, i like working on my own car modifying my own car and no fucking cop or bullshit ticket will ever take that from me. maybe they should do some real fucking police work, go solve crimes, pull over real criminals. a cop has never risked his life for me, or gone out of his/her way for me. when my old cars were stolen, they didnt do shit. everythings a joke to them, they take the easy way out. find a stolen car? no thanks oh look a modified car, easy ticket. i've lost all hope and trust in law enforcement. big up to sjpd for yet again turning someone into a "cop hater" for lack of a better term. way to brake the stereotype guys! :bigok:

goldee240
06-16-2008, 04:23 AM
lol the cop that pulled me over and asked me to pop my hood was a dumba** he looked at my and distributor cap(red)was like thats illeagle i had to explain to him and then he let me off

SLVRBLLT40
06-16-2008, 05:15 AM
I guess I've been really lucky in that I have never had my hood popped/car checked out by the cops before. Although it's probably because all my cars are pre-smog. Only fix-it ticket I've ever even gotten was when I used to cruise my '71 Dodge Charger around un-corked and I was racing a guy in a V8 S10. Cop said he followed the sound from about 5 blocks away haha. Back when I was younger and far less intelligent, I used to run from the CHP on almost a weekly basis through Santiago Canyon. Speeding going INTO South Orange County, not the most fantastic idea. I was extremely lucky to have never gotten caught.

blownmotor
06-17-2008, 07:53 PM
SJPD are THE most worthless police ever. It's one thing to keep a city safe but harassing law biting citizens are another.

StaticX27
06-17-2008, 08:08 PM

You illegally mod your car; it's a cops job to generalize criminals. Seriously, we all mod our cars and yet we somehow think it's all fine and dandy, but most people tend to forget that adding a stupid intake without a CARB sticker, as minor as it is, is still illegal. Guess what? That puts you and a cop as adversaries, technically.

Never confuse lawful and morally good, they mean two entirely different things that happen to overlap every so often.

IdriveaNissan
06-17-2008, 11:12 PM
You illegally mod your car; it's a cops job to generalize criminals. Seriously, we all mod our cars and yet we somehow think it's all fine and dandy, but most people tend to forget that adding a stupid intake without a CARB sticker, as minor as it is, is still illegal. Guess what? That puts you and a cop as adversaries, technically.

Never confuse lawful and morally good, they mean two entirely different things that happen to overlap every so often.
WITCH!!! HE'S A WITCH!!!!

lol so true though. if you didn't "illegally" mod your car then you have nothing to worry about cops cracking down or stereotyping you as a racer.

a little tip for everyone.... next meet, just take your parent's stock car and bring photos and put them on the windshield so everyone will recognize each other's ride!:)

HIM
06-18-2008, 12:22 AM
i realise they have a job to do, but i lost all respect for police at that moment. what a dick move on his part, profiling me becuase its an easy ticket and it makse him look good at the end of the day. i never street race, rev like a retard, or do anything to warrant this kind of negative stereotype. i like owning a custom car, i like working on my own car modifying my own car and no fucking cop or bullshit ticket will ever take that from me. maybe they should do some real fucking police work

I totally agree with you, cops do have to meet quotas, plus police are bored. If your in a nice/decent neighborhood, cops have nothing to do except pull over people and start trouble to amuse themselves. Super Trooper Style

What did you do about your ref ticket? If you dont mind me asking.

JeremyR
06-20-2008, 12:53 AM
if you want to get super technical, us modifying our cars, weither it be legal or not, is a victimless crime. i dont want to hear about carbon footprint smog or whatever, there are far worse things poluting our planet than the 4 cylinder in my nissan. the fact that the cops, target the car customizing scene (im not saying street racing, although they just assume moded car = racer boy) because its an easy ticket and at the end of the day it looks good "yeah pulled over a bunch of street racers with all the illegal parts blah blah" hell street racing mortality rate is so low, its rediculous that they even bother!

i dont advocate street racing at all, but when morally law abiding citizens are driving in a safe manor not breaking any traffic laws, than we shouldnt be harrassed and our "modified exhaust" be the reason for all the bullshit.

if the exhaust is obviously way too loud, fine. if the tints too dark, fine. wrong color lights, whatever.

but assuming we all have illegal parts and pulling us over is not police work, thast harrassment.

my ref ticket? $10 if i correct the fine through the stateref. $459 if i just do the bail amount.
lets just call it a "modified vehicle tax" and i have to bite the bullet.

i pray for the day the cops come to my door for donations and i get to slam it in there fucking face!

StaticX27
06-20-2008, 01:17 AM
if you want to get super technical, us modifying our cars, weither it be legal or not, is a victimless crime. i dont want to hear about carbon footprint smog or whatever, there are far worse things poluting our planet than the 4 cylinder in my nissan. the fact that the cops, target the car customizing scene (im not saying street racing, although they just assume moded car = racer boy) because its an easy ticket and at the end of the day it looks good "yeah pulled over a bunch of street racers with all the illegal parts blah blah" hell street racing mortality rate is so low, its rediculous that they even bother!

i dont advocate street racing at all, but when morally law abiding citizens are driving in a safe manor not breaking any traffic laws, than we shouldnt be harrassed and our "modified exhaust" be the reason for all the bullshit.

if the exhaust is obviously way too loud, fine. if the tints too dark, fine. wrong color lights, whatever.

but assuming we all have illegal parts and pulling us over is not police work, thast harrassment.

my ref ticket? $10 if i correct the fine through the stateref. $459 if i just do the bail amount.
lets just call it a "modified vehicle tax" and i have to bite the bullet.

i pray for the day the cops come to my door for donations and i get to slam it in there fucking face!

I think both police and us are victims of the same generalizations. A minority of us street race, therefore we all street race. But at the same time, a minority of cops pull over people for "BS" tickets, and suddenly all police are like that.

I was a mod on a regional car forum. Our mission was to show the police that we had class and were totally opposite of the stereotypical F&F idiot. And in that regard we succeeded. Our forum always turned out close to 100 cars at our meets, and we even went as far as informing not only the business owners, but the local police that we were having a meet. Not once were we harassed or anything. We even had police show up at the meets to meet and talk with us. I sat there proudly next to my modded FD and chatted it up with the cops and wasn't even concerned. We got lots of good guys coming out, but we did get a few bad apples, and honestly, I didn't hesitate one second to give them their 1 warning for burning out in the parking lot. Second warning was a phone call to the PD. They showed up and escorted that individual out and left the rest of us in peace.

I owned my 240 for over a year and a half with an SR in it the week after I bought it, and not once was I ever pulled over. I wonder why that is? I had a huge exhaust sticking out the back, I had gauges visible, I had a lowered car with limo tint on the front windows. Hell, I even had a couple stickers showing. I guess that makes me lucky, or maybe its because I never gave them any more of a reason to pull me over.

sldbyuramg
06-20-2008, 09:47 AM
thats why i always go with the low profile...(no wing or stickers) look. if you dont drive like an asshole and aren't racing all over they usually leave well enough alone...but you also have to make your car look like its not modified...

it really sucks when mustangs camaros and such can have crazy loud exhaust and superchargers and wont get pulled over because the cop thinks they are cool. its completely bias...i have been in my friends 96 cobra that is highly illegal and cops pull up next to him to give him a thumbs up because it sounds like a rowdy muscle car... f-d up

StaticX27
06-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I ain't gonna lie, the distinction between imports vs american cars is sickening at times. So many times I've wanted to drop my project and pick up a vette and dump ridiculous amounts of money into it just so I can daily drive it without having to worry about a damn thing.

I have a number of friends that sold their 240's and jumped right into a z06 (rich asian families FTW). It makes me cry.

pbcstylez
06-24-2008, 03:47 PM

lol they're back havent u heard 7 shot in 2 days?

WangonwWarrior
06-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I kind of like alabama now.... Cops dont care if your front bumper is hiting the ground or anything, i had one cool cop who was asking me how i liked my hid's lol i told him they are very nice :)

!Zar!
06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Cali > all.

If you are smart, you will figure out the whole, "cop situation".

If not, stop whining and move the fuck out.

VertTwins
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
When my sons high school is in session throughout the year traffic at this one particular intersection gets extreamly busy every morning. The road going north and south has a single travel lane and a center turning lane running between those lanes. The east direction leads to an onramp for hwy99. Every morning the traffic going south backs up a good 1/8 mile. Those going south will stay in the travel lane. Those wanting to get on the freeway will drive down the center lane to turn left to get on the freeway.

There is a cop that comes to that intersection almost every morning when this occurs. He has 2 legal options to address this. 1 stand in the intersection and direct multiple cars through at a time to reduce the congestion from the south. or 2 stand in the intersection and flag multiple cars at a time to the side of the road because they traveled more then the allowed 200 feet down the center turning lane and write them all tickets.

option 1 does not generate revenue for the city but it does reduce the risk of an accident from someone pulling into the lane in front of a car coming down the lane from further back.

option 2 generates revenue for the city but does not really improve the saftey of the motoring public.

The officer chooses option 2 every time.

That is what it is all about. Revenue! They dont care how your driving good or bad their goal as a traffic patrolman is to generate revenue [The unwritten quota]

Police agencies are all different.

Sheriffs are more felony officers and deserve the highest degree of respect because they are more often then any other agency putting their lives on the line. They deal with the criminal side of it.

Hwy patrol/state police are strictly traffic cops. When they put their lives on the line it is more rare but they do get the occasional pshyco and have to deal with the traffic hazards of the stop. They are the ones with the most to gain from a citation, the more they find the more they generate.

City PD are a mix of the 2. However the city relies heavily on the revenue they generate from traffic stops. These guys are also the one with the worst people skills and tend to be the ones with the worst attitude/chip on their shoulder approach.

gtstwincam
06-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Cops stopped pulling me over ever since I changed my plate:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/gtstwincam/g2401.jpg

s14owner
06-27-2008, 02:47 AM
evry time they here my bov they pull me over at least once a week in fl

!Zar!
06-27-2008, 03:00 AM
And... you haven't fixed this issue yet why...?

ESmorz
06-27-2008, 03:02 AM
And... you haven't fixed this issue yet why...?

Because he likes the sound...

nrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr pshew... nrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

!Zar!
06-27-2008, 03:03 AM
Yeah, who cares about performance and getting anywhere on time when you can have a loud ass noise and cops pulling you over...

HIM
06-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Yeah, who cares about performance and getting anywhere on time when you can have a loud ass noise and cops pulling you over...

thats how we roll.

s14owner
06-27-2008, 05:10 AM
cops are gay period when my friend who has a z28 with a procharger cops praticuly tell him 2 get on it they wana here it becase they thing that its cool but if they here a bov they pull me over only one cop i ever got pulled over was strait he let me off when i ws doing 140 off an exit ramp passing a slow ass truck who pissed me off

!Zar!
06-27-2008, 05:18 AM
cops are gay period when my friend who has a z28 with a procharger cops praticuly tell him 2 get on it they wana here it becase they thing that its cool but if they here a bov they pull me over only one cop i ever got pulled over was strait he let me off when i ws doing 140 off an exit ramp passing a slow ass truck who pissed me off

You have problems.

I'm too tired to get into elaborating on all what you said, but that sums it up.

s14owner
06-27-2008, 06:46 AM
naw i dont have problums just hate big trucks blocking me in and shit

JeremyR
06-27-2008, 07:37 AM
naw i dont have problums

are you sure about that...?

s14owner
06-27-2008, 07:40 AM
yeah im sure

NismoB13
06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
naw i dont have problums

correction is: No, I don't have problems.

There were 4 problems in that part of the sentence alone. BTW, I'm not hating on you.

singlecamslam
06-27-2008, 12:28 PM
worst cops of all are campus cops. Seriously. I got pulled over on my BICYCLE for not having lights, true story.

JeremyR
06-27-2008, 04:56 PM
campus cops...hahhaha, i would of ran! errr..peddled!

s14owner
06-28-2008, 03:49 AM
today i got pulled over for doing a u turn and going into the far lane and not waiting 3 seconds to go over evry lane BS

ESmorz
06-28-2008, 03:57 AM
today i got pulled over for doing a u turn and going into the far lane and not waiting 3 seconds to go over evry lane BS

Well that is a traffic law.

You broke it.

Deal with it.

:whip:

Sil-Abc
06-28-2008, 04:20 AM
y is this thread continuing?!

ESmorz
06-28-2008, 04:22 AM
y is this thread continuing?!

You just contributed...

ah balls

s14owner
06-28-2008, 11:00 AM
thats a gay law but there was like no outher cars on the road witch makes it gayer

redline racer510
09-12-2008, 11:43 AM
lol so what your say is you can get pulled over with a sr,lol

redline racer510
09-12-2008, 11:45 AM
lol redline racer you like that name
dont judge a book by its cover i chose this name pre 240sx ownership and yes i regret it.

markyboi
09-12-2008, 11:55 AM
^^^wtf are you talking about?

ZenkiGTS
09-12-2008, 12:02 PM
dont drive like an idiot you wont get popped i swear.... my boy drives his fully raced out gsx pushin 520whp on the streets cops dont pull him over.... his shit dont sound tooo right neither....

!Zar!
09-12-2008, 12:58 PM
You can't swear anything.

I know people as well as myself who have been popped for not doing anything illegal.

Cops aren't dumb now-a-days.

Just because your boy hasn't been pulled over yet doesn't mean that anyone or even he himself won't.

Just a matter of luck. The amount of hp the car makes is pointless.

holaback
10-13-2008, 12:02 AM
In past years they have not been so bad in Maryland but since that big accident a couple months back where 8 ppl died they have been cracking down a bit. Most of the time they don't care. I got pulled over by a state trooper for no license plate in the front He just gave me a warning. Some of the cops are cool though. There's a UC that comes and hangs out with us. He's like you guys are not causing problems, you're not loud and you're not doing burn outs so it's all good. Had another cop tell us hey you can hang out here and police yourselves. Just don't make a whole lot of noise because I don't want to come back here.

Seems like the Cali folks are getting the short end of the stick for sure. I used to live in San Diego about 4 years ago and never had a problem. So what is it about lowering your car in CA that gets you a ticket? And it is interesting that muscle cars get you a thumbs up and imports get you 1 night with bubba the prison pimp.
i only read the first sentence of your post and all i gotta say is nobody gives a shit about the middle of nowhere

DALAZ_68
10-13-2008, 01:05 AM
You can't swear anything.

I know people as well as myself who have been popped for not doing anything illegal.

Cops aren't dumb now-a-days.

Just because your boy hasn't been pulled over yet doesn't mean that anyone or even he himself won't.

Just a matter of luck. The amount of hp the car makes is pointless.

yup...my car was parked face in and i was eating with a coworker, she said she saw 2 cops lookin at my car and checked the front...lucky i parked the car to close to the wall for them to find the FMIC...
hence why im getting a daily