PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Study?

LB.Motoring
06-07-2008, 11:16 PM

For School?

I find myself doing everything but it.

I know, because Im on here now.

I have finals next week and I should be saving my ass, I'm going to start fresh tomorrow and study hard,

Do you guys do any weird stuff to help you study?

Leave somewhere else?
Slap yourself, cold shower, down 2 lb's of sugar?

lflkajfj12123
06-07-2008, 11:18 PM
step away from the computer

that is all you need to do

mRclARK1
06-07-2008, 11:18 PM
I find I can't study at home. I usually go to the main library on my campus, or better yet, find an open classroom with a chalk board and start writing shit down on it and going hard through my notes. Helps me remember.

I've also learned. Don't study with someone who has breasts if you actually wanna study. lolz

Driven08
06-07-2008, 11:25 PM
I find I can't study at home. I usually go to the main library on my campus, or better yet, find an open classroom with a chalk board and start writing shit down on it and going hard through my notes. Helps me remember.

I've also learned. Don't study with someone who has breasts if you actually wanna study. lolz

So true on the breast part or better yet if you have access to Zilvia. Im in the same boat as you Robby I need to finish typing up a final paper but I find myself lurking inside here.

Oh well I can make up the class during the summer...:(

RiversideS13
06-07-2008, 11:33 PM
i have final exams next week too =(
i had been study in ucr library whole afternoon.
caffeine works for me. if you want, you can go to loma linda to study with me haha

good luck with your study

Ninjabread
06-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I hate studying.

Zilvia doesn't help.

Turn off the computer, that helps .. or go somewhere else.

I have no will power.

arkive43
06-07-2008, 11:37 PM
im a crammer night before i read and read
next morning its fresh in my mind. :D
i cant do it any other way.
why im i talkin like dousan

hitman
i usually dont have to study because my finals were all papers (one turned out to be almost 30 pages though lol) but i sure do have to read a lot.
last semester
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/595/tfhoir5.png
suck it lol

mRclARK1
I had to be banned so I'd study for finals last year. lol

S14Josh
06-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I've never been able to commit to studying.

I dunno. I've seemed to do alright for these past 13 years...

In the 6th grade. :keke:

I've actually never been able to study. Maybe its because i've never done it, so i dont know how to do it.

Who knows...not studying has gotten me through highschool and college so far.

Future240
06-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I go around smelling pepperment sticks, because i read that the smell stimulates your brain and makes you remeber more or somethin like that.

eastcoastS14
06-07-2008, 11:44 PM
whoa your still in school? everywhere around here has been out for over a month....summer classes?

anyway what works for me is to talk myself through studying...so not just reading from a book but reading out loud and then really talking myself through what it means

so like business law: what is the law? ok read it now what does that actually mean? now how would that apply to a situation? how does this connect to other laws?

also read and then rewrite in your own words....

and be sure to take a break....I find that I can really study for an hour to two hours before needing a break or else I wont remember half of what I just read. The best is to study take a break and review before going to sleep for the night, during the year Id do it and actually have dreams about the material...or study math and not understand it, then Id realise how to do it in a dream or as I was just waking up, pretty crazy but it works....and be sure to eat cause your brain needs fuel and sleep well

240love^_^
06-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I have finals next week too.

I can't study if I'm around my computer, so I usually head to the campus library or outside. I find it best if I pair up with someone to review concepts and stuff with. If I don't understand something usually we can figure it out together. After we review, we quiz each other by having the other person throughly explain that concept. Kind of like a teacher student thing.

For those days I really can't focus...
I do a few laps in the pool, then get back to the books.
It helps me concentrate more.

Akiros
06-07-2008, 11:51 PM
just started summer classes last week. I took a week off work, and now I'm back into the 45+ hour work week plus school everyday. June sucks, but hey, gotta get that work experience and fund the car hobby/bills/insurance blahs. Basics will soon be done, gotta choose a major. fuck. Artsy shit doesn't pay. wtf to do.

lflkajfj12123
06-07-2008, 11:57 PM
choose a real major or stop going to school

hitman
06-08-2008, 12:00 AM
ya bro, like dude like if you arent in business or hard science, WHy THE FUCK ARE YOU IN SCHOOL?

Helghast
06-08-2008, 12:33 AM
You mean if you aren't in LAW or MEDICAL FIELD, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN SCHOOL?

smellslikecurry
06-08-2008, 12:56 AM
^the truth^^^

an_orange_s2k
06-08-2008, 01:31 AM
never really been able to study, i figured either i know it or i dont. besides i wont be able to remember most of it

blackrms13
06-08-2008, 01:58 AM
i should be studying...haha
finally end up getting some work done last night and earlier today
i have my finals in like less than 48 hours...

duffman1278
06-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Pretty much what everyone else says. Stay away from the comp. I was studying in my room all today and once I moved to my living room where there was no computer, I ended up studying much more then in my room. Usually what I do is if I get side tracked by the internet I try to at least go on youtube and watch some lectures or search up info about the material I should be studying. Just make sure to take SMALL breaks or else you'll never be done with your break. lol

qwikspool
06-08-2008, 02:52 AM
i just put my computer in a box and put it away.

BOROSUN
06-08-2008, 03:50 AM
study... NEVAAAAAR!!!

LB.Motoring
06-08-2008, 02:51 PM
i have final exams next week too =(
i had been study in ucr library whole afternoon.
caffeine works for me. if you want, you can go to loma linda to study with me haha

good luck with your study

I think Im going to ucr library now,

later gents.

ESmorz
06-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't think I've studied since 5th or 6th grade.

If I don't absorb it the first time, I've found I probably won't the second time.

arkive43
06-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Rofl!! I See You Still Loged In Hahahah

ronmcdon
06-08-2008, 03:31 PM
yep, library is the best place to study, especially if it's open 24hrs. What also helps, is to find a spot where there's not a lot of other ppl, so you don't get distracted. setting up study groups also helps, and can be very strategic if you don't have the time to read all the assigned materials. just make sure the ppl at your study grp are also set on studying, and not there to shoot the shit.

When I had no access to the library, I'd set up a fold up chair and table in the bathroom, against the wall. make sure the bathroom is clean and not smelly. there'd be nothing to distract you there for sure.

I could never study in my bedroom, or living room.

swiftdrift
06-09-2008, 01:20 AM
This is my finals week and i only have one final left tomorrow at 3:00 which i should have studied for tonight.

Oh well, why do tonight what u can leave off for tomorrow!

:-)

i usually work better under pressure anyways.

LB.Motoring
06-09-2008, 01:22 AM
How about everyone please cross your fingers tuesday for my two finals...

Lol.

seriously,

please.

Jimmy Up
06-09-2008, 01:23 AM
zilvia> studying.

as long as I have an internet connection- any 2 page paper runs me about 4 hours... fatty thanks to zilvia.

3 page paper due tomorrow.

0/3 pages down

LB.Motoring
06-09-2008, 01:34 AM
I'll trade you

Studying = no limit

Paper = there is an end to it, something to like base yourself and work towards lol.

Jimmy Up
06-09-2008, 01:36 AM
studying= doesnt HAVE to be done

paper= turn in or fail.

Down to trade, pm me with pics haha

ESmorz
06-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Zilvia ruined my senior gpa...

that and parties... lol

ZenkitonS14
06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
I cant do homework or study at home or alone. I cant cram either, I have to learn everything at a steady pace over a long period of time. I cant just read all the material the night before and take the test. I suck at studying =(

shade
06-09-2008, 09:58 PM
They give free food and do random events during the last weeks at UCSD. It doesn't help much since you practically just want to socialize after those things. Other than that, not taking notes on the computer so you don't have to study with it helps alot. Computers lead to being sidetracked and also going to your girlfriends dorm. I hate finals..

Andrew Bohan
06-09-2008, 10:06 PM
when i was a little kid i did hella good in school with no effort.
in middle school i found that i had to spend a little time on homework and got good grades.
by the time i got to high school, i had not developed any study habits. i didn't know how to study effectively. hell, i didn't even know how to recognize that i needed to study. i didn't get the worst grades, but not the best.
in college i failed a few classes before i finally got any good at studying. i'd have to study with a classmate or group, in an environment with zero distraction.
i need the constant interaction of people or else my mind just wanders off. it doesn't help that i have ADD either.

but i eventually made it. the end.

looking back on it, i think if the early grades were harder, i would have learned how to study before i got used to not studying.

nani
06-09-2008, 10:07 PM
I usually end up writing papers or studying at the last moment, theres way to many distractions at home. somehow I do pretty well though

DRavenS13
06-09-2008, 10:10 PM
What I usually do is put on some music that I don't regularly listen to.... I have the distraction of noise in the background to keep me from lingering off or falling asleep, and it's a chance to listen to new stuff.

jrocslider
06-09-2008, 10:11 PM
get banned for 2 weeks.

shits legit son.

3 90's on in a week on sum tests i had.

where are the moderators at????

its for your own good. it worked for me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/ban.jpg

Andrew Bohan
06-09-2008, 10:36 PM
i wish i could study with music

as a musician, i find that i can't simply "hear" music. i have to "listen" to it.

hitman
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
ya, i didnt "study" until my second year in college lol

LB.Motoring
06-09-2008, 11:03 PM
my 10 minute break from study hahahaha,

going back to study till 2am.

infinitexsound
06-09-2008, 11:44 PM
leave to a public library, dont go to the college one because you can be distracted with all the girls and the internet... it helps for me to write notes and post it on the wall... Like one i have now to motivate me... FINISH SCHOOL...

kinds sucks that i took so long to get back into college...But now Im over the partying...I can concentrate...Seriously

ronmcdon
06-11-2008, 06:22 PM
They give free food and do random events during the last weeks at UCSD. It doesn't help much since you practically just want to socialize after those things. Other than that, not taking notes on the computer so you don't have to study with it helps alot. Computers lead to being sidetracked and also going to your girlfriends dorm. I hate finals..

I also went to ucsd from '00-'04. cheap bastards didn't give away any free food back then! it's all for the best I guess, less things to get distracted by. Still, it was a really boring campus. Not much fun (lots more debauchery at Cal State SD), but an appropriate school if you're a square, and/or have to study.

karl wasabi
06-11-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm so happy. I just finished my last final this morning. I stayed up all night studying. In my experience, it's best not to pull all nighters. I dozed off like 3 times DURING my test. haha. Not good. =(

SNC240SX
06-11-2008, 07:04 PM
im in the middle of summer semester. But both my classes are online so im on zilvia and the class chatroom at the same time.

SHIFT_*grind*
06-12-2008, 09:09 AM
as a musician, i find that i can't simply "hear" music. i have to "listen" to it.

I'm like this too, and I'm not even a musician. Well, besides my half-ass attempts to learn guitar, which have been overshadowed by other things I'm trying to learn at the moment. Like MySQL, which I'm studying to get certified in....first test is in a month.

I haven't taken a test in like 3 years :ugh: