PDA

View Full Version : Ever save a life?

cc4usmc
06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
I watched a news clip about 6 year old who saved his 5 year old friend from drowning. Figured since we have a dead body thread, we might have a "could have been dead" thread. So post up those stories.. and only YOUR stories. Oh.. and don't post up saying that you got your friend to quite smoking or something like that. I'm talking about like crazy super man strength lifting a house of a friend kinda shit. :w00t:

ESmorz
06-05-2008, 03:21 PM
One time I was at the beach and my friend who couldn't swim very strongly got stuck in a rip tide.

I swam out as fast as I could right before the drop off where the tide was starting with a boogey board and tossed it to him and tugged him bag in to shore. It took like 10 minutes of constant hard swimming.

It was gay haha.

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
a few animals but no people.

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
One time I was at the beach and my friend who couldn't swim very strongly got stuck in a rip tide.

I swam out as fast as I could right before the drop off where the tide was starting with a boogey board and tossed it to him and tugged him bag in to shore. It took like 10 minutes of constant hard swimming.

It was gay haha.

OH REALLY?

Well a group of infant babies got trapped on a raft on a rapid and I swam out to save them. Right before the waterfall I grabbed a lasso and whipped a rock and swung us all to safety while the raft went crashing down the waterfall.

ESmorz
06-05-2008, 03:26 PM
OH REALLY?

Well a group of infant babies got trapped on a raft on a rapid and I swam out to save them. Right before the waterfall I grabbed a lasso and whipped a rock and swung us all to safety while the raft went crashing down the waterfall.

Well shit. I got nothing on you.

There was no lifeguard on duty. Ever since then, I've been very wary of that.

Bobafreak
06-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Recently i was reading a story that happened in china a man was drowning and a civilian was going to save him but decided to run into a store to buy shorts and etc and when he came back it was too late. True story.

azndoc
06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
ummm i fireman carried two marines to the safety truck when they dropped from heat stroke. Not two at a time but back to back.

Took them to the clinic, stripped their clothes off, ice packed them, gave them the silver bullet, and iv both to stablize them.

Does that count?

Vision Garage
06-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Haha. Only jack could do something like this. Give him the medal of honor ppl! or a zilvia beer opener!

k's_silvia2.0
06-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Alright here it is as it happened!

I was in the 5th grade and my dad’s friend invited my family to his house for a pool party.
So we got there at 12:00pm and I immediately jump in the pool. Swam for about 2 ½ hours jump out grubbed and was just chillin in the backyard. In the backyard it was only me, one of my dad’s friends brother’s little 2 year old daughter and some random adults. My dad and his friends were pretty drunk by that time and most of the people were inside dancing or singing ……doing something loud! So all of a sudden in the corner of my eye I see the little girl jump in the pool like a champ! No immediately she starts sinking to the bottom!!! I was like “uuugghhhhhh” and fucking dove in without hesitation fully geared up. Now mind you this was circa ’97 so I had on some fly ass fresh jordan’s , Chicago Bulls jearsey, and crisp Levis. So I grab her and just held her over my head and swam to the shallow end like a madman!!! Got her out on the top of the steps and she had her eyes closed>_<. I yelled out “Hey HELP!!!” but due to the LOUD ASS music no one heard. So I panic and just pushed on her chest and out of her mouth comes like a cup full of pool water, now mind she was only 2 so it looked like a grip! Finally her dad notice me standing there hugging her cause she was crying and shaking and was “like what happened?” and I was like “WTF do you think happened?, I’m all geared up and wet for fun!!!” “NO she jump the in the pool and was drowning “. That fool gave me $20 bucks and peaced out! A thank you would have meant more than money.

mrpeepers
06-05-2008, 04:00 PM
i used to work at a nursing home at the recreational dept (AKA keep the old poeple happy dept.) Anyways my job mainly entailed feeding them really horrible hospital food.

One day they served "roast beef" or shoe leather and this lady started choking. Her face was turning blue and she was snotting from her nose and mouth from gagging. I went behind her chair and gave her a 1 big heimlich maneuver and she spat the leather out. All in a days work he he

Bobafreak
06-05-2008, 04:01 PM
^ +rep for runnin in the pool with jordans and the chicago jersey and levis!?! Damn i dont know if they were dark denims we would have had a dilemma.

kidding folks.

joefresh
06-05-2008, 04:02 PM
i always tell people that their car tires are flat bc they are too busy on the phone to realize. i would say after the 21yrs of doing this ive saved a stupid Californians!! also saw an old lady break her hip and called 911 ooo

DALAZ_68
06-05-2008, 04:56 PM
so i was a senior in high school and was on my way to 5th period when i hear a rucus in the bathroom...i walk in curious george style and there was a fight going on...just as i walk in i see one of the guy fighting just fall hit his head on a urenal and just lay flat... every other fuck is just cheering on the other fuck while the guy layed motion less... i break thru the crowd and get to the guy whos face down...next thing u know i get pulled back by the ''winners'' friend because he thought i was the guys ''homie''so he was gonna deck me, so i took a hit to the jaw but i layed him out and the ''winner'' i yelled for someone to get some help, i check the guy out and he's got no pulse, so i imediatly started doing CPR (yeah gay, guy blowing air into another mans mouth w/e) checked for response...5 pumps to the chest and another full breath from me and the guy woke up coughing finally...anyway school security finally comes, and call peramedics and shit...and the guy had a fractured skull and lower jaw...

it was funny though in the sense that the 2 other fucks i knocked out were passed out too and only went to the school nurse for ice packs...

that was probabl the craziest day i ever had in school...not to mention since then i was allowed to leave school during lunch LOL

Farzam
06-05-2008, 04:57 PM
I pretended to care about a few people so they wouldn't kill themselves. Secretly I didn't give a fuck what they did but it's just a shame to think about how much food and money would've been wasted if they didn't become drones for society.

That counts or else i'm fucking you up

fliprayzin240sx
06-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I worked as a lifeguard at a city pool my last year in HS...

I saved a man who must have been 6-6" and atleast 270lbs. We told the guy not be jumping up and down the diving board. Fucker didnt listen so he slipped at the edge of the board, caught the back of his head and went straight down the bottom. I was the closest one and first to get to him. Imagine this shit, Im 5-6" and a skinny 140lb trying to get this guy from the bottom of a 15 ft deep pool. I got him to the top but trying to pull this fucker to the side absolutely sucked. To make it worst, since its a potential spinal injury, I had to drag/swim my ass roughly 70 meters with this orangutan. Spinal Rescues, basically I have to support his neck with my arms and swim with just kicks. That was the longest 70m of my entire life...
Got him on the shallow end, boarded him up and ambulance took him away.

eastcoastS14
06-05-2008, 09:00 PM
im a lifeguard and *knock on wood* ive never had to go in after anyone...its a pretty crazy thought and something i hope i never have to do

powersteeringless180sx
06-06-2008, 12:35 AM
ummm i fireman carried two marines to the safety truck when they dropped from heat stroke. Not two at a time but back to back.

Took them to the clinic, stripped their clothes off, ice packed them, gave them the silver bullet, and iv both to stablize them.

Does that count?

Jack you're my hero....

stiizy
06-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Alright here it is as it happened!

I was in the 5th grade and my dad’s friend invited my family to his house for a pool party.
So we got there at 12:00pm and I immediately jump in the pool. Swam for about 2 ½ hours jump out grubbed and was just chillin in the backyard. In the backyard it was only me, one of my dad’s friends brother’s little 2 year old daughter and some random adults. My dad and his friends were pretty drunk by that time and most of the people were inside dancing or singing ……doing something loud! So all of a sudden in the corner of my eye I see the little girl jump in the pool like a champ! No immediately she starts sinking to the bottom!!! I was like “uuugghhhhhh” and fucking dove in without hesitation fully geared up. Now mind you this was circa ’97 so I had on some fly ass fresh jordan’s , Chicago Bulls jearsey, and crisp Levis. So I grab her and just held her over my head and swam to the shallow end like a madman!!! Got her out on the top of the steps and she had her eyes closed>_<. I yelled out “Hey HELP!!!” but due to the LOUD ASS music no one heard. So I panic and just pushed on her chest and out of her mouth comes like a cup full of pool water, now mind she was only 2 so it looked like a grip! Finally her dad notice me standing there hugging her cause she was crying and shaking and was “like what happened?” and I was like “WTF do you think happened?, I’m all geared up and wet for fun!!!” “NO she jump the in the pool and was drowning “. That fool gave me $20 bucks and peaced out! A thank you would have meant more than money.

Damn like Boba said but i would've taken my J's off na j/p
good work though

shrimpscampi
06-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I saved myself from choking by running my stomach into a table corner...

DALAZ_68
06-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I saved myself from choking by running my stomach into a table corner...thats actually what they recomend in CPR and heimlickclass...or was it top of the chair ?

Future240
06-07-2008, 09:18 PM
One day i am sitin at home and i get a call from my grandmother, who lives next door,sayin she set the house on fire. So i run next door and all i see is smoke. I walk forward a bit and i see her sittin on the sofa, i hurried grab her by the shoulders and lead her out of the house and take her to mine. Once she is say i grab the fire extinguisher and run next door. Somehow she put the fire out cuz i didnt see any. Later we both go to the hospital for smoke inhalation, they told me if i hadnt got her out she woulda died.

jackjack
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
long story.... cliff notes....

bad winter storm. car slid on highway and smacked into a semi that was jack knifed blocking the whole road. pulled my girlfriend out of the car. sure enough, not even 10 seconds later another semi comes and smashes my car along with the other semi. scary stuff.

Farzam
06-07-2008, 10:07 PM
thats actually what they recomend in CPR and heimlickclass...or was it top of the chair ?

Mighta been both

chair for sho though

murda-c
06-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I saved the world.

didn't even take the whole four minutes.

DALAZ_68
06-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I saved the world.

didn't even take the whole four minutes.thank you chuck norris :rofl:

pr0ject TRUENO
06-08-2008, 06:19 PM
I was a 91W Combat Medic in the Army for about 4 years, mostly stationed stateside. There was a period where I was stationed in Texas near BAMC, which is like the largest military hospital in the San Antonio area. It was military AND civilian, so occassionally I would get to ride along with the paramedics. There was a guy who got his hand stuck in a meat grinder. We were like "UGHHHHHH" because this guy was so fucked up. Basically his entire arm was pretty much in there up to about his elbows and you could see the rest of his arm either chewed up or scattered around his workstation. He was in shock but still concious so we had to stabilize him while he's pretty much looking at his hand and about to pass out. He was looking at it so much that we had to pretty much make him look the other way until the fire department was able to free his hand. This was like a hugeeeeee meat grinder for hamburger meat so we couldn't just take it apart and get him to the hospital. He didn't die, but he's missing an arm.

((sr)) kelly
06-08-2008, 06:34 PM
i saved a hot chick from drowning in her own puke... think it helped me score with her... after she washed her mouth ofcourse haha

RUTH'LESSDET
06-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I do it all the time in my line of work :axe:

muddafakka
06-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Recently i was reading a story that happened in china a man was drowning and a civilian was going to save him but decided to run into a store to buy shorts and etc and when he came back it was too late. True story.

Wow...just wow. :faint:

emersonLP
06-09-2008, 09:23 AM
The sound: loud screeching followed by a crazy unique mix of smashing, crushing, and breaking...

About a year ago I was chillin on my computer at about midnight in my bedroom on the 3rd floor of a townhome when I heard the sound. I get up and start bookin it down the stairs. My roomate (tiny asian man) from the 2nd floor runs out in front of me and we continue down more stairs. Roommate 3 (tiny asian girl) flings open the front door as we hit the bottom of the stairs and the 3 of us sprint off into the darkness towards the road behind our home where the sound came from. We arrive on the scene to see a mid90s camry on its roof ON FIRE in the ditch beside the road. There is one guy (the driver I think)outside of the car trying to flip it over and yelling about someone stuck inside. So there is now 3 and half people (don't forget one is a tiny asian girl) and we manage to flip this car over and out of the ditch with a man inside and the engine bay shooting flames. The guy inside hops out and the 2 men sprint off into the woods! I talked to the cops for a minute and one of the men came back. Then I went inside.

Another funny thing...All this happened about 100yds from a fire station and it took them 8 minute to get there... I could the station the entire time I was outside...

muddafakka
06-09-2008, 09:36 AM
I just saved a squirrel's life by not running it over. Hooray brakes.

Impatient fucker...I thought I killed it for a moment.

cisco240
06-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Saved a 5 yr old cousin & my little brother, from drowning at pools. Also saved my wife (girlfriend at the time) and her sister from drowing at the wave pool at Raging Waters.