PDA

View Full Version : The Resident Evil 5 Thread

exitspeed
06-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Here's the new trailer.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/878/878446p1.html

Game looks sweet. One of my favorite all time franchises.

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
06-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Resident Evil = Pure awesomeness!

stiizy
06-04-2008, 10:37 AM
cant wait these are always fun when your bored or just kicking it at home!!

exitspeed
06-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I need to pick up a cheap copy of RE4 for the Wii. Since it's supposed to be the best version of the game.

ravinaziankid
06-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I've been waiting forever for this game to come out.

Thursday
06-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I need to pick up a cheap copy of RE4 for the Wii. Since it's supposed to be the best version of the game.

i just sold my wii but retained the game.

lmk if you want it.

ronmcdon
06-04-2008, 11:08 AM
looks good. granted i miss the more conventional zombies, but it should be a great game nonetheless if they follow the RE4 formula.

an_orange_s2k
06-04-2008, 11:21 AM
this game looks good. unfortunately i have yet to play a resident evil, maybe this will change things

jeeper_x
06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
^^^
i recommend you start with the remake of the first one on gamecube.....

the best in the series yet.....

damn, i miss the good old days when the zombies are actually zombies......

exitspeed
06-04-2008, 11:50 AM
this game looks good. unfortunately i have yet to play a resident evil, maybe this will change things

Probably because when the first one came out you were 7.

I suggest you play the remake of the first on for GC (you can play it on the Wii), and def. RE4. Both are classics. The OG game was good for SO many reasons. It was honestly THE first game I was actually scared of. The beginning when the dog jumps out of the window! EF THAT! It was so new and groundbreaking at the time. The voice acting was so terrible, it was funny, but that adds a little something to the nostalgia for me.

eli_eli
06-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Probably because when the first one came out you were 7.

I suggest you play the remake of the first on for GC (you can play it on the Wii), and def. RE4. Both are classics. The OG game was good for SO many reasons. It was honestly THE first game I was actually scared of. The beginning when the dog jumps out of the window! EF THAT! It was so new and groundbreaking at the time. The voice acting was so terrible, it was funny, but that adds a little something to the nostalgia for me.

duuuude, the original was so freakin good, and yes the dog jumping through the window, gave me chills, or the zombie that comes out of the closet as you are reading that book or diary, that game was so intense, the music made it worse too, my younger cousin who at the time split the cost of the game with me, couldnt sleep alone for two months, his parents were so mad at me...and then as you progress in the game, and you get stuck for days or weeks...whew, and then find out what to do...it was so freakin awsome...i also played number 2, but never got around playing 3, cant remember why, makes me want to pick up all of em, and play them...ill try to check this out, first i need a system though

Quail
06-04-2008, 12:15 PM

Im not sure why I couldn't get in to this. It seemed unnessecarily hard!! Maybe I should have another go with it

Antihero983
06-04-2008, 12:17 PM
YES YES YES OH GOD YES.

this fucking game is going to OWN.

i love all the RE games.

Mel, i want to have your babies for starting this awesome thread. :bigok:

exitspeed
06-04-2008, 12:19 PM
...and then as you progress in the game, and you get stuck for days or weeks...

That was back before the internet was popular. You're right. You just got stuck or you had to go to the book store and read the walkthrough guide. Or not be a cheap ass like myself, and just buy it.

Yea, Quail, give it another try. It's a great game.

aziankingz
06-04-2008, 12:30 PM
this game looks hard as hell to play.. the zombies seem to take after the RE4 ones towards the end of the game.. graphics looks sweet too..

SNC240SX
06-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Looks so awesome. Cant wait.

eli_eli
06-04-2008, 12:39 PM
That was back before the internet was popular. You're right. You just got stuck or you had to go to the book store and read the walkthrough guide. Or not be a cheap ass like myself, and just buy it.

Yea, Quail, give it another try. It's a great game.

see, i had a lot of buddies in high school playing it too, but none of us would want clues, as we wanted to figure it out our selves, plus, i was playing the game with my close buddies, so it was all of us working together, what a blast that game was thinking back

ronmcdon
06-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Im not sure why I couldn't get in to this. It seemed unnessecarily hard!! Maybe I should have another go with it

RE4's gameplay was really different from its predecessors. At first I didn't really like it either because of that. once you get used to, it's amazingly effective. It's not exactly like a 'first person shooter' game either, although there are some elements borrowed no doubt.

RE4 is also a good deal more combat intensive than the series before it. I think I read somewhere that by the end of RE4, you end up killing more enemies in that game itself, than all the prior sequels combined. more zombies = more fun.

but anyhow, I think its certainly worth the $10/12 it sells for. easily one of the most solid games back in the year it was released (2006?). We're long overdue for another sequel.

origin_s135
06-04-2008, 04:57 PM
i love the RE series! too bad i never beated the game, i always watch my friends beat it.

lok
06-04-2008, 08:02 PM
resident evil was much better when it was "survival horror" and not "action".

degeneration is going to be a badass cg movie though.

HIM
06-05-2008, 02:27 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EpIWhAAiNRc&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kfNFuG4tkbs

mos def gonna cop this game when its released.

lok
06-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Game looks awesome.

But does anyone miss the slow shuffleing zombies from the survival horror days?

Little night of the living dead.

kyoru
06-05-2008, 09:15 AM

You should try RE4 it is really good, I played the other RE but I did not like them.

exitspeed
06-05-2008, 09:22 AM
but anyhow, I think its certainly worth the $10/12 it sells for. easily one of the most solid games back in the year it was released (2006?). We're long overdue for another sequel.

Where the hell can you get it for $10/$12?

But does anyone miss the slow shuffleing zombies from the survival horror days?

Little night of the living dead.

I sure do. I prefer Romero's Zombies.

And as much as I like RE4, I kinda miss the settings from the old games ie Mansions, greenhouses, labs, etc.

LeftNutOfGowd
06-05-2008, 11:17 AM
WOW i didnt think they would release RE5 since so many people found it to be a lil racists i mean to me its just a game.

But besides that the game looks so sick. Did they announce the release date for it

jackjack
06-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Mel.... it should be between 10-15 bucks at your local gamestop/used video game place.

couple days ago i busted out the game cube and beat resident evil 4 (twice). damn........ I LOVE IT. favorite game of all time. Looks like 5 has the same layout, weapon/shooting/aiming wise..... which ROCKS IMO. wish they would have brought Leon back. that would have been kick ass. i wonder if it'll continue off the 4 storyline where umbrella gets a hold of "las plagas".

but yeah, screw the whole racist thing. i didnt hear any hispanic/latinos complain when 4 came out...... hell i thought it was funny listening to the Ganados swear in spanish. i had a blast.

but yeah. i cant wait for this.

lflkajfj12123
06-07-2008, 10:21 PM
resident evil directors cut was bomb

Fries
06-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I can't really talk myself into playing these games after their switch from the zombies to the whatever they are nows.

I dont really know the story of the new[er] ones, does Umbrella corp still dick around or what?

I miss the survival horror, scary omg what could be around the corner shit.

Meh I feel old.

jackjack
06-07-2008, 10:59 PM
^still zombies........... just more intelligent. they actually think/plan when they attack. it rocks.

and yes, umbrella is still involved. apparently the t-virus was destroyed.... but they did find a new "parasite" in europe (RE4), that umbrella got their hands on.

4thHorse
06-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I hate the whole racist rub this game got, just a bunch of b.s. Well Capcon said your in a infected african village, what do you expect. in the end according to a gaming podcast I listen to , they said you can see white zombies in the newest game play footage.

SimpleS14
06-08-2008, 06:45 AM
I'm guessing because of the whole "racist" affair they added the black woman to co-op...that is just my opinion.

Game looks good and I can't wait to buy it.

exitspeed
06-08-2008, 06:47 AM
I'm guessing because of the whole "racist" affair they added the black woman to co-op...that is just my opinion.

Game looks good and I can't wait to buy it.

I immediately thought the same thing.

exitspeed
07-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Check out the new co-op mode announced with a new trailer from E3!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/888/888777p1.html

HyperTek
07-15-2008, 12:05 PM
is it also gonna be on ps3?

lmao at people sayin its racist.. when the pc game crysis came out, game took place in korea and korean military was the enemy, no one called that racist.

efrain240sx
07-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't know, I really don't see why it would be racist. Nobody thought it was racist when Leon was running around killing a bunch of Spanish people in RE4. Ahh what ever all I know is that this game is going to kick major ass.

exitspeed
07-15-2008, 12:09 PM
is it also gonna be on ps3?

lmao at people sayin its racist.. when the pc game crysis came out, game took place in korea and korean military was the enemy, no one called that racist.

Yea Ps3 and 360 only. Sorry Wii...:(

I'm glad I have a 360.

Antihero983
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
is there a fucking release date yet?! I'm going insane waiting.....

exitspeed
07-15-2008, 01:06 PM
is there a fucking release date yet?! I'm going insane waiting.....

2009 sometime. I think Winter! Not soon enough.

Antihero983
07-15-2008, 01:15 PM
itsd be cool if they released RE2 (not that im a fan ;) ) on Xbox live with updated graphics.....

jackjack
07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
holy hell that new trailer ROCKS...... HARD.

LeftNutOfGowd
12-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Download Resident Evil 5 demo here! (360 only)

Found this on another thread I'm going to try it out once I get home ill keep you guys posted, But from the people wrote it seems to work. I also recommend unplugging your connection to xbox live before doing this also I'm not sure on all the detail on if you need a modded 360 or if a unmodded would run it so once again ill keep you guys posted.

Instructions:

- download the five rar parts
- extract them
- this will get you one (1!) folder named "content"
- burn this folder to a cd
- insert cd into 360, it will show up as "mixed media"
- navigate to "my xbox", "demos"
- click & play! Resident Evil 5 Demo.part1.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nuzwrs0nwee)
Resident Evil 5 Demo.part2.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dyzvmoutrm9)
Resident Evil 5 Demo.part3.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2mbml2kh0ok)
Resident Evil 5 Demo.part4.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x1cxmlb4ymh)
Resident Evil 5 Demo.part5.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mdzijtcnm2m)

sileighty83
12-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Not really digging the whole Africa setting, I like the classic mansion/ city setting seems a little more scarier, none the less Capcom raised the bar on this one! Looks freakin awsome!

LeftNutOfGowd
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Q&A

Do you need a modded xbox to play it?
-NO

Can I stay connected to XBL?
-YES

Can I burn it on a dvd?
-YES (It will run better if you burn it onto a DVD)

ZX88
12-10-2008, 01:28 PM
got the japanese demo. on a disc (you can burn it to a cdr fine). and im not really that impressed.

pros
graphics are great
sound is awesome

cons
movement is clumsy
you cant walk and aim/shoot
the people or zombies well dont look like zombies
no vioce acting in game
controls i think were better in re4
it was kind of meh.

Sleepy240
12-10-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/modified-xbox-banned.jpg

Be very careful, especially with rips like this. If they are not stealthed properly it is possible to get banned, even if you are NOT on live when you play them. If you do decide to play this, remove your HDD etc. Remember M$ bans your CONSOLE not your XBL account so you could be out a couple hundred bucks and not a new live subscription.

ZX88
12-10-2008, 03:10 PM
um mine is a promotional dvd for the game like the e3 demo deal it automatically disconnect from live when you put the disc in.

LeftNutOfGowd
12-12-2008, 03:40 PM
At the last Tokyo Game Show, Capcom showed footage of Resident Evil 5 (PS3, Xbox 360), which ended with a shot of Jill Valentine's tombstone. If you remained hopeful that Capcom was just pulling your leg and didn't kill of Jill, I have some bad news for you.

The latest issue of Famitsu features a 2-page ad of Resident Evil 5, showing Chris Redfield paying his respects over Jill's tombstone. Capcom offers no hints on how she died, but seeing how they deemed it important enough to be the centerpiece of a 2-page ad, I'm guessing her death will play a part in the story of RE5.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/Lozano253/re5-2_qjgenth.jpg

Resident Evil 5 ad confirms death of Jill Valentine - PlayStation 3 News - QJ.NET (http://ps3.qj.net/Resident-Evil-5-ad-confirms-death-of-Jill-Valentine/pg/49/aid/127269)

jackjack
12-13-2008, 10:19 AM
WOW..... that trailer kicked ASS

ungh cant wait

Sleepy240
12-13-2008, 10:36 AM
i love that picture, its sick... seems like RE5 is gonna have a pretty good story from the looks of it, not just killing infected africans roflz

jackjack
12-18-2008, 10:05 AM
IGN Video: Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360 Gameplay - Refinery (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/760880/resident-evil-5/videos/RE5_RefineryGameplay_121708.html)

i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting this

LeftNutOfGowd
12-18-2008, 11:09 AM
That chainsaw guy is a beast he takes those shot gun shoot like there nothing

water
12-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Where the hell can you get it for $10/$12?

I sure do. I prefer Romero's Zombies.

And as much as I like RE4, I kinda miss the settings from the old games ie Mansions, greenhouses, labs, etc.

RE4 was partly in mansions, gardens, and sewers so it those elements however there was no sense of nostalgia when playing it. I feel like that's what was missing...the "mood."

alindeman1989
12-18-2008, 02:00 PM
man that game looks amazing!!!!

4DOOR_LIFE
12-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Yea this game is looking to be pretty dope. Correct me if im wrong guys but didnt they say that the enemies were going to be similar to the ones from RE4? the La Plaga ( if i spelled it right) if thats what they were called? I believe the release date binder at gamestop said march 10 09 or somewhere around there. All i know is someone better play co-op with me because im not playing that ish alone.....yeah yeah yeah ima chicken when it comes to these games. Couldnt even get passed the first encounter on the Dead Space demo :(

Sleepy240
12-19-2008, 05:48 AM
I think the release is March 13th for some reason that date sticks out in my head, its definetly early March though! And IMO this game is gonna rock soley because of the co-op. Don't get me wrong I loved the old solo style all alone you against everything but nowadays I have WAY more fun playing online with friends. I think its gonna be fun to blast infected away with a friend. And the boss fights look totally badass. Not to mention usually computer AI's are pretty dumb (nothing against any series), they can only program them to be so good.

As for the person who said they are missing the nostalgia, IMO its a good thing to get away from the typical what you expect mansion. I believe that by thinking out of the box it allows alot more variety to the levels. If you havent watched any of the demos I would suggest checking out the Refinery for example!

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
12-19-2008, 08:11 AM
I think the release is March 13th for some reason that date sticks out in my head, its definetly early March though!

So I have 3 months to save up for that HDTV to do this game justice? :cool:

As for the person who said they are missing the nostalgia, IMO its a good thing to get away from the typical what you expect mansion. I believe that by thinking out of the box it allows alot more variety to the levels.

Agreed. You can only have so many rooms in a mansion look so different from each other and not get ridiculous. Plus RE4 solidifies outside zombieing.

Sleepy240
12-19-2008, 08:51 AM
So I have 3 months to save up for that HDTV to do this game justice? :cool:

You better believe it! Most games nowadays I feel bad if your not playing on a HDTV. The quality is just SOOOOO much better. I've played lots of games on non-HD just to see and its very noticable. Especially games like this where the environments are so rich and realistic! Your HDTV will be the best purchase you make hands down (not to mention, this up coming year is supposed to be the most inexpensive they have been in quite some time)

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
12-19-2008, 09:28 AM
You better believe it! Most games nowadays I feel bad if your not playing on a HDTV. The quality is just SOOOOO much better. I've played lots of games on non-HD just to see and its very noticable. Especially games like this where the environments are so rich and realistic! Your HDTV will be the best purchase you make hands down (not to mention, this up coming year is supposed to be the most inexpensive they have been in quite some time)

No doubt. My old roomie had one and it was a taste of heaven. I remember when she first got it I hooked up my 360 and just threw in every game I had just to see it in HD.

jackjack
12-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Yea this game is looking to be pretty dope. Correct me if im wrong guys but didnt they say that the enemies were going to be similar to the ones from RE4? the La Plaga ( if i spelled it right) if thats what they were called?

Luis explained to Leon that Las Plagas was a type of parasite (RE4). kind of hard to tell whats going on, but Ada seemed to be working for Wesker (Umbrella Corp.). not sure if she ends up keeping the sample for herself or another party (dosent explain). even Krauser keeps telling Wesker how he dosent trust her. who knows though, maybe Wekser was playing him. BLEH its all one big lie/conspiracy :naughty:.

ANYWAY......

the only other thing is if you watch Resident Evil Degeneration you'll see that they do retrieve a sample of the "G" virus (RE2). Leon also keeps talking about the government in Africa (RE5).

which virus/parasite they use, we'll have to wait and see. obviously Umbrella is behind it all

MUAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/images/promoimages/d/dime/fright_night/resident_evil_4.jpg

Sleepy240
12-19-2008, 11:05 AM
which virus/parasite they use, we'll have to wait and see. obviously Umbrella is behind it all

They are actually seeking information about the origins of the virus (T-Virus btw). It takes place like 8-10 years after the original RE.

jackjack
12-19-2008, 03:11 PM
^no no i meant which virus/parasite they'll use in RE5. from the previews, it looks like they're using the Las Plagas though. we'll see

nomnomnomnomonmomnomnom

TravisSW
12-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I can't wait.

I've played them all except the Gamecube version.

Thing I noticed though, they got easier and easier as they progressed.

1-2 where the hardest, directors cut and GC version, but 3 and up where hella easy and I always play the games on the hardest difficulty.

I hope 5 is somewhat challenging, but it will be a blast none the less. Oh yah, I do have RE:Outbreak. hehe

One thing I wish they did is add a run+shoot mix. Honestly, if zombie..or infected people I should say are chasing after you, would you rather try to extend the gap by running and shooting at them?

Sleepy240
12-19-2008, 04:28 PM
I can't wait.

I've played them all except the Gamecube version.

Thing I noticed though, they got easier and easier as they progressed.

1-2 where the hardest, directors cut and GC version, but 3 and up where hella easy and I always play the games on the hardest difficulty.

I hope 5 is somewhat challenging, but it will be a blast none the less. Oh yah, I do have RE:Outbreak. hehe

One thing I wish they did is add a run+shoot mix. Honestly, if zombie..or infected people I should say are chasing after you, would you rather try to extend the gap by running and shooting at them?

I think part of the problem is the game had to be semi realistic for the casual gamer. There is a lot of people who have a tough time beating the game on the normal settings let alone hardest of the hard. So I understand that part but I agree the run and gun part is a little odd but why mess with what has worked so well? One thing I am looking forward to are the puzzles! They have got MUCH better as the series has progressed. BTW kinda OT but have you read any of the novels? I've been thinking of picking one or two up

TravisSW
12-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Nay, never read the novels. Tbh, I didn't know there was any until you just said so haha.

Either way, online coop play? ftw! Can't wait!

lok
01-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey the demo is out on xbox live gold members.

The controls are clunky ass hell and the controls are slow.

The first level is ok just a bunch of running around without enough ammo.

efrain240sx
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Who here has reserved their copy? I got the special edition for the PS3, It comes with some nice goodies =)

mkiv98
01-26-2009, 05:53 PM
what comes with it?

efrain240sx
01-26-2009, 09:06 PM
The special edition is going to come with a
. Chris Redfield figurine
. Tricell messenger bag
. Kijuju necklace
. BSSA patch
. making of RE5 bonus disk
. steel case for the game
here is a like to it at amazon
Amazon.com: Resident Evil 5: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001E8WQKY/ref=dp_image?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&img=IN01&color_name=2-1)

HyperTek
01-26-2009, 10:42 PM
man im still hating that all these games now are multiplatform *no offense 360 guys*.. i just always figured it would be a playstation game.... Sometimes they have to simplify these games so they can still be released for wii, ps2, ps3, 360 without any major differences in gameplay or story etc...

driftking777
03-16-2009, 08:34 PM
bump bump bump....i know someone bought this Exitspeed? Im picking it up tomorrow. Whats the verdict?

HyperTek
03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
my friend picked it up on friday,.. i called him saturday and he said he likes it.. i didnt ask for any more details as it might spoil it for me..

TravisSW
03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
I got the CE edition, eh, I had a few bucks, probably shouldn't of got it in hind sight, but the DVD on how it was made is pretty cool.

Btw...WHEN did Jill Valentine actually die? I don't recall her death in ANY of the video games. Must of been in a book or something they brought up on RE5. Either way, in my gamerness, that pissed me off a bit.

exitspeed
03-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Well i haven't bought it yet cause my 360 is still down and I haven't fixed it yet.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a RE game I really want to own. It is getting good reviews, but every review I read said it's more of a actiony Gears of War game then a Resident Evil game. Once the 360 is fixed I might rent it.

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed. Luckily GTA Chinatown Wars comes out tomorrow.

ravinaziankid
03-17-2009, 10:02 AM
I bought this and played a little last night, the game is pretty good for now, I jumped right into playing with someone online. I'm currently using the control setting A which is the one used for RE4, so it's not too bad for me. I will try it out more later this week, but so far it's fun but a little different from the original zombie outbreak plot they had before RE4.

Antihero983
03-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Well i haven't bought it yet cause my 360 is still down and I haven't fixed it yet.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a RE game I really want to own. It is getting good reviews, but every review I read said it's more of a actiony Gears of War game then a Resident Evil game. Once the 360 is fixed I might rent it.

that is the STUPIDEST thing ive heard.

it is a great Resident Evil, definitely up there as one of my favorites. this game is fucking epic. and due to the complaints that RE4 was too easy, they made it a bit harder.

my only complaint is the inventory system isnt a suitcase anymore, and you cant carry too much ammo.

Mister.E
03-17-2009, 02:37 PM
and you cant walk while aiming your gun or while your knife is drawn...that is probably the one thing that pisses me off the most

DALAZ_68
03-17-2009, 02:39 PM
this is probably one of the few games ive never played, any of them...hmm...

and isnt microsoft coming out wiht a red 360 or something...?

SochBAT
03-17-2009, 04:07 PM
After 5 full sequels and countless spinoffs, they STILL don't have it right.

Wonky movement, stiff as hell. I'm tired of that shit. Strafing and shooting. Sounds pretty damn basic for a military dood, right?

UGHHH.

Seriously, they need to rethink that idea. You can have a scifi/thriller/used-to-be-about-zombies game and still be exciting without the Lego brick movement.

I'm going to play some Fallout3 now.

redZENKI
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
that is the STUPIDEST thing ive heard.

it is a great Resident Evil, definitely up there as one of my favorites. this game is fucking epic. and due to the complaints that RE4 was too easy, they made it a bit harder.

my only complaint is the inventory system isnt a suitcase anymore, and you cant carry too much ammo.

Hell yeah! You can only hold up to 9 items per person and it easily gets full fast. And you can't expand your inventory case like the suitcases in the old RE's. It's fun nonetheless and it's addicting as hell. The computer AI as your partner can get annoying because the bitch will unload bullets when in Attack Mode like there's no tomorrow. Now i just let her use the sniper rifle and hold all the heal items (AI is actually pretty good when it comes to healing).

driver11324
03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Hell yeah! You can only hold up to 9 items per person and it easily gets full fast. And you can't expand your inventory case like the suitcases in the old RE's. It's fun nonetheless and it's addicting as hell. The computer AI as your partner can get annoying because the bitch will unload bullets when in Attack Mode like there's no tomorrow. Now i just let her use the sniper rifle and hold all the heal items (AI is actually pretty good when it comes to healing).

Being limited to what you can hold I thought made the game challenging and fun because you have to think about what you need and you have to conserve your ammo. I haven't picked the game up, but i've seen some of the videos and it looks pretty good. I always remember having the RE controls kinda weird, but that's what makes it stand out. Code Veronica was my favorite.:rofl:

Antihero983
03-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I just finished the game.

Overall another classic in the RE series, RE2 and RE4 are still my favorites, but this new one is just ahead of RE:Code Veronica for dremacast.

Can't wait to play it through again!!!

and FUCK wesker is a douche.

zeitgeist
03-18-2009, 12:28 AM
I dont know what to feel about this game. The graphics arent much better than 4 and the bosses are waaay too easy. I think they even recycled a level off of RE4! Ill actually like the gameplay although I wish I could dodge and strafe. The only real reason I would buy this game is just to have the complete RE collection

Quail
03-18-2009, 07:07 AM
I love this game. Been playing co-op with a friend. Its great online too.

TravisSW
03-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Coop with a friend, especially offline coop is AWESOME haha. Knife comboing ftw.

I can't wait for the new PS3 patch though, my Killzone 2 and RE5 are freezing a lot. No problem with COD4, Disgea 3 or any other game. Just seems to be those two atm.

Thinking about backing up my data and reformatting the console.

TravisSW
03-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Damn it!

I'm at the final part of the game where you have to fight Wesker in the jet, but my game keeps freezing randomly during the cinematics. It's fucking pissing me right the hell off. I hate it when they release patches that bork up 1/2 of their systems.

Even Killzone 2 will freeze randomly, but rarely. RE5 it happens almost every other time during cutscenes.

aznpoopy
03-20-2009, 03:04 PM
coop with gf is a blast. controls are still wonky

freezing consoles is a bad sign. prelude to a 360 RROD.

hope your ps3 isn't dying on you man.

xKennie
03-20-2009, 05:18 PM
this is probably one of the few games ive never played, any of them...hmm...

and isnt microsoft coming out wiht a red 360 or something...?

Yea they came out with a limited edition console for RE5 but i dont believe its being sold anymore.

I think the game is pretty good though. I borrowed it from a friend last night since hes going out of town and i played the first two chapters this mornin and i seem to like it very much so.

Gonna try co-op pretty soon

HyperTek
03-21-2009, 10:27 AM
i got it.. i played co-op with a friend last night, but he kept leading the way and doing the boss kills so i told him i wanna play alone for a while cuz i like to explore etc..

Its cool, just not the same oldschool RE games im used to.. I hope one day they will go back to the urban city theme

mkiv98
03-21-2009, 10:35 AM
ok i finally tried the game last night for about an hour

there is plenty of ammo, way more than the other games it seems. but then again, I played the shit out of RE4's mercenaries game, so I'm used to shooting people in the face and running up to melee them. I'm playing it on veteran my first run through so I died a couple times on that executioner. trying to get back into the RE game, but overall very fun.

dont know why people are complaining so much about not being able to run and shoot at the same time, it seems to work very well. the game doesnt feel clunky or hard to control at all, although the camera did feel blocked to me sometimes.

feels like they borrowed a few of the best elements from other games, especially Left 4 Dead and its achievements and having to stay close together to survive and a few other things

one complaint I have is that I want to play with my gf, but the game seems to be too hard for people that aren't into video games.

should I bother upgrading weapons at all? or should I wait until I get better ones? I just picked up the MP5. having to stare at the chris character reminds me to go to the gym, haha

mkiv98
03-21-2009, 10:38 AM
coop with gf is a blast. controls are still wonky

freezing consoles is a bad sign. prelude to a 360 RROD.

hope your ps3 isn't dying on you man.

howd you teach your gf to play it? mine had a very hard time learning all the controls on the demo

TravisSW
03-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Upgrading your guns is worth it.

I got my favorite gun the Sig P226. It's the gun I love in real life, own in airsoft and want to get qualified in.

Upgraded it only a little bit and it does shotgun damage. :D
And it sounds fucking wicked.

I mostly upgraded the ammo capacity on the guns though.

Ps. Stun Baton is overpowered haha.

aznpoopy
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
just beat it last night with gf. wonder how they are going to make a 6 with the way the story wrapped up.

for upgrading guns, you should just really focus on one gun until its maxed. once you beat the game you can unlock infinite ammo for any gun that has maxed stats. given the way my game went, you could probably have like 2 maxed guns by the end of the game if you were smart with your cash.

my main gripe: make the damn game scarier.
shit wasn't scary at all, ever. it was like a slow paced (fun) action game instead.

howd you teach your gf to play it? mine had a very hard time learning all the controls on the demo

put it on normal mode. walk her through what to do as you play.
it took me a full stage to teach her how to do the quick turn-around.

she never got the hang of hitting R to figure out where i was either.
"where are you?"
"hit R"
"what?"
"hit right trigger"
"isn't that to shoot"

for the whole fucking game man.

KwKouki
03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Im enjoying it. Ive learned to keep Sheva on cover and let her drill people long range. I dont like how the series has progressed though. If you are gonna turn it into gears of war, dont let Chris show up packing only a baretta. You would think that how Las Plagas has progressed he would bring more firepower.

I miss being scared...the only thing to give me the OMGWTF feeling was the tribespeople in the wetlands.

Fries
03-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Game stop, sold out? FUCK YOU

HyperTek
03-23-2009, 08:51 PM
im about to beat it tonight, but i agree with you guys, it aint the old RE anymore.. remember when you had to backtrack your steps and could basically run all teh way to the beginning of the stages because you forgot to grab an item etc.. i know those got frustrating but they where a part of RE.

Remember when RE2 had 2 freaking alternative storylines!?!? that was awesome

RE5 is still a good game, but in recent games that i bought, GTAIV and MGS4 still take the care for me since they where the most memorable/epic imo. esp MGS4 kept its nostalgic feeling wiht it.

oscarsx
03-23-2009, 11:11 PM
planning on buying the game, is it worth getting? looks awesome to me.. but can it compare to MGS4!!?
no really, this game worth the $?

HyperTek
03-24-2009, 12:06 AM
its nice for the collection =D

i usually buy games that are anticipated.. im not sure about replay value if thats what your wondering, seems like a great rental. Like one of those games you play thru once and satisfied with it.

I think it said im over 15 hours in it

LeftNutOfGowd
03-24-2009, 10:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/knives122/timetodie.gif

aznpoopy
03-24-2009, 11:37 AM
wesker doesn't fuck around. lol.

planning on buying the game, is it worth getting? looks awesome to me.. but can it compare to MGS4!!?
no really, this game worth the $?

the game is great. i can't really compare it to MGS4. they are totally different.

there's plenty of replayability here in the offline and online coop, plus mercenaries, plus all the extras and unlockables. alternate costumes, figurine collection, etc. the single player itself is good enough at least for a second playthrough. even my gf wants to go through it again on higher difficulty. your guns/inventory carries over to all subsequent games so there's a sense of growing your character, even if there are no stats.

completionists are going to have a field day maxing out all the guns, unlocking infinite ammo for each and then doing the same thing again with the tier 2 secret guns.

mkiv98
03-24-2009, 11:46 AM
forget it, i gave up on playing with the gf. we got through 1-1 and 1-2 ok, but she didnt seem entertained because it's just too much brain power for the female mind. but she enjoys watching it because of the story and commenting on the gameplay

"shoot the guy on the left!"

"theres someone behind you!"

"i think you have to find emblems to put in those holes"