PDA

View Full Version : anyone gotten appendix out before?

coww-cho!!!!!
06-03-2008, 06:29 PM
yesterday at 5am got an appendectomy they removed my appendix and i just wanna know how long did it take you guys to get up to a healthy state meaning you could run and not have pain doing anything. also what did you start eating as days went by?
i miss driving my car:(

ronmcdon
06-03-2008, 06:44 PM
I had my appendix taken out 15-17yrs ago.

think it took me a week to get back to working condition, but I didn't feel comfortable to exercise until about a month or so after the operation. wasn't really that awful, but ymmv I suppose.

Quail
06-03-2008, 06:47 PM
I had mine out when I was 10, 11 years ago. I remember eating as soon as I got out the hospital. Needless to say I puked it back out. I think I was out of action for two weeks, from the time I went in the hospital to have it out, until the time I went back to school.

ESmorz
06-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I had mine out in like 3rd grade. The hospital was awesome. Hot nurse and tons of ice cream.

Quail
06-03-2008, 06:51 PM
I remember the nurse hooked me up to a Morphene machine. I was to press the button every time I started to hurt.

Being ten, being bored, and having a button to press, I pressed it constantly. My mum was sitting next to me, and realised what was happening. My eyes rolled back in to my head and I started druelling! I was having the time of my life!! I don't actually remember the eyes rolling back bit, but my mum remembers well! The next thing I remember is laughing and puking.

She made the nurse take me off the machine, lol :(

kouki_s14
06-03-2008, 06:51 PM
i had mine taken out in september last year. Was yours open or just the 3 minor incisions?

I had the 3 incisions and i felt normal within 2 weeks and couldnt workout without pain for about 3 weeks afterwards.

I ate ice cream, yogurt, soups, jello. Light stuff really, doctor told me not to eat anything really solid until bowel movements started.

Take it easy for a few days, try your best not to cough, laugh or sneeze, cause it will FUCKING HURT.

240drifter1
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Being ten, being bored, and having a button to press, I pressed it constantly. My eyes rolled back in to my head and I started druelling! I was having the time of my life!!

LMFAO ! hahaa

Quail
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Laughing hurts like hell after the op. Watching epsiodes of Men Behaving Badly in the hospital bed was a bad idea.

ESmorz
06-03-2008, 06:55 PM
i had mine taken out in september last year. Was yours open or just the 3 minor incisions?

I had the 3 incisions and i felt normal within 2 weeks and couldnt workout without pain for about 3 weeks afterwards.

I ate ice cream, yogurt, soups, jello. Light stuff really, doctor told me not to eat anything really solid until bowel movements started.

Take it easy for a few days, try your best not to cough, laugh or sneeze, cause it will FUCKING HURT.

Huh... first thing I did when they released me was go down to the children's hospital McDonalds and get a big mac and chicken nuggets. :bigok:

Quail
06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Huh... first thing I did when they released me was go down to the children's hospital McDonalds and get a big mac and chicken nuggets. :bigok:

I had a big greasy Chinese! It was awesome, before I saw it again :hs:

How long did you guys go without food? I couldn't eat for 3 days. Only had the drip

coww-cho!!!!!
06-03-2008, 07:03 PM
dang most of you got it when you were young i had three incisions that go down and im eating jello, mashed patatoes and some fruit and i have finals next week three classes total i sent e mails to them but i dont know whats gonna happen but i do remember this nurse was like im gonna give you the good stuff hun itll make u feel better and when she injected it my ass was out forever felt so good

coww-cho!!!!!
06-03-2008, 07:04 PM
btw all this is making me laugh.... thanks haha

thejapino
06-03-2008, 08:56 PM
WOW, 2 years ago, on a Tuesday night, I ate some Jack in the box before midnight. I couldn't sleep that night b/c my stomach was hurting.

I thought it was just food poisoning so I just drank hella water and tried to tough it out. The next evening, I was still in pain but my stubborn ass was like, "fucking jack in the crack!! I'm never eating there again!" Still oblivious to what was really going on. Barely any sleep

The NEXT evening, Thursday night, I was still in pain but I was trying not to let it get to me. When I convince myself 100% that its just the stomach flu, you can't tell me otherwise so I called in sick again and stayed home and yacked everything I ate/drank. Couldn't sleep straight b/c I kept waking up in pain.

Friday morning, my (at the time) pregnant g/f was craving some Jamba Juice so I DROVE a few towns over to get her some. I stayed in the car while she got it but I was still in pain, sweating and hunched over and all.

Later that afternoon, my g/f decided to look online to see what other illness I may have had. Webmd.com had a description of symptoms EXACTLY like what I had. Illness = appendicitis!

Went to the ER, surgery, 5 days of recovery (antibiotics for infection) and a 5 1/2" gash in my side.

Imagine I ruptured my appendix early wednesday morning and didn't get treatment until friday evening! WTF I'm so stubborn

2 weeks later I felt 'somewhat' normal. G/L with it

coww-cho!!!!!
06-04-2008, 12:25 AM
WOW, 2 years ago, on a Tuesday night, I ate some Jack in the box before midnight. I couldn't sleep that night b/c my stomach was hurting.

I thought it was just food poisoning so I just drank hella water and tried to tough it out. The next evening, I was still in pain but my stubborn ass was like, "fucking jack in the crack!! I'm never eating there again!" Still oblivious to what was really going on. Barely any sleep

The NEXT evening, Thursday night, I was still in pain but I was trying not to let it get to me. When I convince myself 100% that its just the stomach flu, you can't tell me otherwise so I called in sick again and stayed home and yacked everything I ate/drank. Couldn't sleep straight b/c I kept waking up in pain.

Friday morning, my (at the time) pregnant g/f was craving some Jamba Juice so I DROVE a few towns over to get her some. I stayed in the car while she got it but I was still in pain, sweating and hunched over and all.

Later that afternoon, my g/f decided to look online to see what other illness I may have had. Webmd.com had a description of symptoms EXACTLY like what I had. Illness = appendicitis!

Went to the ER, surgery, 5 days of recovery (antibiotics for infection) and a 5 1/2" gash in my side.

Imagine I ruptured my appendix early wednesday morning and didn't get treatment until friday evening! WTF I'm so stubborn

2 weeks later I felt 'somewhat' normal. G/L with it

wow thats nuts well the other side i didnt say was that i thought i had flu after eating a pork burrito from albertos
it was so good i finished most and went to sleep i woke up on saturday morning feeling like shit i drove 20 miles to pick up gf to hangout i got to her house and i went upstairs to her room and told her i didnt feel good

and with out warning she pushed on bed and had sex 2 times nin the same day oncie then and then later on at night. i admit it did make my pain did go away keep in mind she did all the work :D then on sunday i drove her to my house when my parents left i told her i still didnt feel great from stomach and she said you need some rest and you can guess what happened she pulled the pants off and said ill make you feel better.

it was great pain went away then came back later parents came back and i was admitted to the hospital the doc asked me if it hurts when he push on the area and let go and i said nope felt no pain so thats why it felt good when she was on top

an_orange_s2k
06-04-2008, 01:09 AM
I remember the nurse hooked me up to a Morphene machine. I was to press the button every time I started to hurt.

Being ten, being bored, and having a button to press, I pressed it constantly. My mum was sitting next to me, and realised what was happening. My eyes rolled back in to my head and I started druelling! I was having the time of my life!! I don't actually remember the eyes rolling back bit, but my mum remembers well! The next thing I remember is laughing and puking.

She made the nurse take me off the machine, lol :(

hahaha parents always kill the fun lol

coww-cho!!!!!
06-04-2008, 01:51 AM
i wish i was given morphine like that