PDA

View Full Version : i crashed on my fixed gear (bicycle), whats wrong with me?

EJ253
05-31-2008, 09:45 PM
so i was riding around with a few friends today, and i fell messing around. i guess i fell on my head i dont remember that.
i woke up with ems people all around me, i was told i was out for 5-10 minutes. they asked me a few simple questions, most of which i answered correctly, but it was somewhat difficult (pres of USA, what day it was, ect)

they said i was good enough that i could choice if i wanted to go to the hospital or not. i decided just to head home.
i have a noticable headache and my eyes hurt a little bit to be open. i feel concious. but idk.

so my friends and i got home,
my head still hurts and i just cant stop thinking if i have a concusion

CC i've never had a concusion and i dont want to fall asleep and not wake up

thanks
Greg

LB.Motoring
05-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Hope you learned your lesson.

Fixie's are gay.

You better becareful next time.

Andrew Bohan
05-31-2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.horsesass.org/wp-content/uploads/fail.JPG

s!lv!a
05-31-2008, 09:48 PM
ehh, i've had a number of concussions.. you should be ok..

DreamN
05-31-2008, 09:50 PM
If you have any of the following happening I suggest getting checked out asap:

-your headache becomes very severe and doesn't go away
-you begin to vomit
-you have dizziness or you feel faint
-you pass out (no matter for how long)
-your numbness begins to spread or get worse
-you have blurry vision
-you become confused or disoriented

yokotas13
05-31-2008, 09:55 PM
whats wrong with you?

you ride a fixie like a trendy idiot.

EDacIouSX
05-31-2008, 09:56 PM
omg you fell off a bike and couldn't remember the president's name so you decided not to go to the hospital....... ok, you should of gone.

lflkajfj12123
05-31-2008, 10:01 PM
concussions are sweet

riding a fixie is just as trendy as driving a drift car these days please

try not to fall asleep, don't put your head down

you might throw up it might be serious it might not be depends

try and eat crackers when u get hungry

eastcoastS14
05-31-2008, 10:05 PM
when i got a concusion i had blind spots in my vision, a wicked headache, super sensitive to light....and puked as soon as i drank anything

if u just have a headache you are probably fine

VAs13
05-31-2008, 10:09 PM
concussions suck, ive had 2. i remember walking and being like dizzy,crucial headache, non stop vomiting, couldnt stand to look @ the light

luisgonz
05-31-2008, 10:12 PM
YOu should have gone. How the hell do you fall off a Bike let alone a fix gear. You control the speed. I think you just went to fast and could not stop or Front brakes locked up. Thats why I run no brakes and fixed. I hope your ok. Fixed hears are like JdMTyte civic/240sx ect And stupid people sould not own them,LOL But I got one.hahaha

ScottMan
05-31-2008, 10:18 PM
My concussions haven't been that awful. The "worst part" is remembering the feeling of my skull "compressing" when it hit the ice...but the after-effects were kinda blurry. Haha.

I'm not going to bash fixies, because that's like bashing emo kids, or people riding the short bus, it's just too easy.

But really, concussions just give you good glory-stories and a lower IQ...no worries...

EJ253
05-31-2008, 10:28 PM
thanks to everyone that gave me advice, i appricated the advice to wear a helmet, that'll really helped :) i think i learned my lesson here tho.

we were doing flat land tricks with a group of friends in downtown.
no handed wheelie barspins, powerskids, cruising parking structures, ect.

we were doing them for about 5 or 6 hours downtown before i got hurt on the way home.
the crash had NOTHING to do with the fixed gear eliment of the bike

and to everyone else, you dont need to judge what i do with my life.
i ride a fixie for work, im a delivery rider for jimmy johns sub shop DOWNTOWN in the mornings because i think its a fun job
as far as telling me im a loser because i ride a fixie, i dont care your opinion on my hobbies. if you choice to sit on the couch and voice your unwanted opinion on the inernet. or to yell thing to bikers as you pass them in your car, thats all you. more power to ya
but thanks for your response regardless

PS when you yell things out the window at a biker, they don't understand ONE WORD you say.

luisgonz
05-31-2008, 10:39 PM
I spit at them and Can slap them with the chain/lock and Go the other way.LOL

Howard92884
05-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Sucks you got knocked out, I think its hilarious when people fall and eat it and get up and try and act like nothing happened, especially with blood running down your face. haha.

EJ253
05-31-2008, 11:49 PM
well this thread has run its course.
thanks again to tho who contributed