PDA

View Full Version : The Things People Throw Away...

cc4usmc
05-31-2008, 01:02 PM
To keep it short and sweet, I'm at the dump the other day and I find a brand spakin new Swiss rolling suitcase.. I check the tag and it goes for $120. wtf. Who throws this shit out? I haven't taken a pic.. but here is a link..

http://www.target.com/SwissGear-Group-III-28-Upright/dp/B000JPG7TY/sr=1-4/qid=1212260327/ref=sr_1_4/601-2508423-9561763?ie=UTF8&rh=k%3Aall-swiss-gear-luggage&page=1

The whole point of this thread is for people to post up stories and/or pics for the craziest things they have seen/found thrown away. Soo... go!

240drifter1
05-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Nothing I found, but it has to do with the topic.

Lol, I work at a resturaunt cleaning dishes (wich blows btw), and its amazing how much food comes thru that people dont eat.

I mean shit, we have 50lbs of food from people that dont eat it by the end of the night, thats a damn lot.

RiversideS13
05-31-2008, 01:14 PM
were you looking for a bazooka?

Andrew Bohan
05-31-2008, 01:20 PM
i have 4 chairs that i've found by dumpsters or just on the street

they're good for my garage.

one christmas i went to see my parents and my dad had a new weight bench. i said "should you be benching with no spotter?"

the next day we took it to the dump.
he doesn't even think of selling stuff he doesn't need. just taking it to the dump.
i wish i was as rich as he thinks he is. hahaha

mkiv98
05-31-2008, 05:23 PM
im about to put an S13 pass seat with no tears on it outside behind my apartment because im about to move out and my efforts at putting it in classifieds for several months for free has failed. pm me for address

playthe_part
05-31-2008, 07:41 PM
well this story is rather sad, but crazy, a friend of mine said she saw the police pull a baby out of the trash on 6th street in san francisco, a half a block away from my old place. totally fucked up. she could be lying, but i doubt it.

98s14inaz
05-31-2008, 07:46 PM
When I used to work retail, people (employees and customers) would throw shit away and get it out of the dumpster after hours. Possibly someone forgot or couldn't get to it in time...or it had a body parts in it.

unwed_transient
05-31-2008, 08:15 PM
i threw away a rust-free hatch because nobody even wanted it for free.

cgtdream
05-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Not really thrown away, but back at kadena, ppl would just abandon their cars whenever they left the island...soooo, whenever me and or my friends saw these abandoned cars, we would then proceed to take off any part of any value and keep it as ours...i mean, better us use it than for the cops to come, tow them, and then crush then :hsdance: :ugh:

fliprayzin240sx
05-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Maybe it was used to move dead bodies?!?!

MADE
05-31-2008, 09:00 PM
When I was in Japan I was amazed by what they threw out as trash. Electronics only a couple years old, furniture hell my father in law wanted to give me his Mark II when he brought a new Toyota crown.I kinda understand some people don't have time to post stuff online or have garage sells just for people to lowball or call dibs and never come to collect. I have been stalling on taking pics of old Option,Option2 and Drift Tengoku mags and random other crap I don't want to carry to storage for this reason.

miravete
05-31-2008, 09:58 PM
i got a freakĀ“n nice craftsman tool box at the swapmeet that someone left behind once....

its now my favorite personal tool box :keke:

Gnnr
05-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Living in apartment buildings all my life so mostly furniture. A Dining room set (mint), desk (mint), working TVs, PCs that where a little old that I took for parts, a CD rack, working car speakers...all I can remember right now.

SW20Racer
05-31-2008, 10:43 PM
i found a flare gun from the 50's once.

one time i found a guys wallet on the lakebed. how random is that? muddy water, tree branches, and i find a firefighters wallet....

or the time i found a treehouse.

i found a glass pipe in the aw11 (after it caught fire)

one time a guy set out a nice stainless grill, like one of those expensive almart edition ones. and all it needed was a new ignitor...

Nachtmensch
05-31-2008, 10:51 PM
i threw away a perfectly good couch. i had no room for it, so it went into a dumpster.

S13SilviaGirl
05-31-2008, 11:21 PM
I found a Fendi wallet (almost $500) in Japan that someone didnt want anymore...and furniture....some nice. Amazing what ppl throw away.

origin_s135
06-01-2008, 06:14 PM
my friend didn't want his bowflex so he gave it to me, he didn't want to charge me because it's taking up space. weird, i was willing to pay. the next thing i wantto find is a treadmill. : ) anyone in the bay giving one away? :)

touge monster
06-01-2008, 06:29 PM
I found a hunting knife under the passenger seat of a Honda Passport at the Dealership.

murda-c
06-01-2008, 06:29 PM
That suitcase is full of Coke residue.

ESmorz
06-01-2008, 06:36 PM
my friend didn't want his bowflex so he gave it to me, he didn't want to charge me because it's taking up space. weird, i was willing to pay. the next thing i wantto find is a treadmill. : ) anyone in the bay giving one away? :)

But the real question is... do you use it?

http://www.exerciserental.com/catalog/images/T_Bowflex.jpg

:keke::keke:

Farzam
06-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I found a snap on box
HUGE ONE
Pretty damn good condish
I'm probably gonna go get it this week
Or tell someone to give me $100 to tell em where ti is

LongGrain
06-02-2008, 12:51 AM
set of 4 infinity kappa perfect speakers in the junkyard

handinpants
06-02-2008, 12:58 PM
last night at about 2 am i go to the store.. i come back and there is what looks like a couch pillow by my door, when i get a closer look it is one of those pillow type bong bags, with a bong in it, and i was like where the F*ck did this come from? needless to say i don't want it, so i do to my neighbor down the hall and he said he threw it away last week

flip3d
06-02-2008, 01:04 PM
On bulk pickup day, I found a Pentium 4 computer with a HD full of spyware. Reformat, fresh install of windows, and it was good to go.

Had a GF4 Ti 4200, 1GB ram, 80GB HD, and a 1.8Ghz P4.

One time I threw out a 700R4 transmission from my old Camaro. Needed a new valve body and it was good to go. I probably could have turned it in as a core and got some cash. I dont know what I was thinking.

PRADOgy
06-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Iv found about half an eight of stress..was on the floor right by the curb ( i so happened was just walking to my destination instead of driving since it was soo close

my guess was they got pulled over and threw it out before they got caught..

i didnt smoke it since i dont know what was in that shit..

singlecamslam
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM
found a home entertainment system sitting on the side of the trash can. Mine now.

exitspeed
06-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I never find anything cool.

I found a dime in the parking lot at work and I got excited. I almost took the rest of the day off.

los_inc
06-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I never find anything cool.

I found a dime in the parking lot at work and I got excited. I almost took the rest of the day off.

a dime of what?
lolz
-los

BustedS13
06-02-2008, 01:38 PM
i found an enormous nug under the 240's spare when i bought it. also about 20 pounds of dog hair under the seats
it's amazing what people throw away

300hp owen
06-02-2008, 01:44 PM
ha right on, people throw away perfectly good stuff,
we R america yay!

2 years ago I was stoked to go down to NYC to finally buy "the perfect bookcase" for my dj vinyl collection from IKEA. they make a 4x4 compartment unit that has 12"x12" spots just big enough to fit records, and trust me almost anything else anywhere else that looks similar is just under 12" so you cant fit your 12" records, very annoying. so I get back from IKEA, set it up and I'm stoked. $200 was a good deal..

---> http://www.matroschka.se/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/bookshelf.JPG

fast forward two weeks and WTF there is a white one at our apartment complex dumpster, in perfect condition, standing up, not even any scrastches on the bottom, it wasnt even dragged to its sure-death at the dumpster.... ?!?!? and it had 2 drawers that are more $$$ to add on and it was the more $$$ white hardcoat version too. turns out one of our neighbors were moving out and didnt want it in their new house, it wasnt fancy enough and they were moving up in the world. nice huh? so I scored it for freebie and now I have a happy smile every time I play my records and see a 2nd bookshelf in the other room, thats awesome!

kyoru
06-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Sometimes people just don't wanna take the effort to sell off their old things, sometimes I do that as well. But when people throw away a lot of food (aka take out) I get really pissed off, just take it home!

ESmorz
06-02-2008, 02:37 PM
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/819/819672/the-gang-finds-a-dumpster-baby-20070912041705126-000.jpg

WERDdabuilder
06-02-2008, 07:26 PM
^they are alway fun to find =P
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kRj-S8Aklcw

scooz14
06-02-2008, 08:59 PM
i found a mesa boogie head in the trash. i sold it for $250

i love driving around on trash nights looking for good finds. the jack i use every day was found in the trash by my aunt.

my neighbors had an over stuffed leather couch sitting out side for 2 days. i knocked on the door and asked if they were throwing it out, they were. i scored a mint condition over stuffed leather couch that i am sitting on right now.

spoolandslide
06-02-2008, 11:12 PM
there is some shit that you just dont question if you find it in the trash
you just pick it up and say to yourself "this is perfectly good"
but what you dont know is

^ that mint condition over stuffed leather couch that you scored
-has most likely been shit on several times by a variety of pets
-has been the setting for hot nasty sweaty sex
-has random food particles from a variety of different entres lodged inbetween the cushions, now rotting of corse
-previously someone died on that couch

all this is very possible
and im not trying to rain on anyones parade of cool shit they found in the trash
because i have some cool shit too that was dug out of a dumpster
im just saying
its interesting to think about

2Slow40
06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/819/819672/the-gang-finds-a-dumpster-baby-20070912041705126-000.jpg

shuldna done dat, e's just a boy

Baka Sama
06-02-2008, 11:25 PM

I felt so bad giving away an old sofa. I couldnt come up with a good reason for the blood on the side :ugh:

DrFtKiNg240sxy
06-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I felt so bad giving away an old sofa. I couldnt come up with a good reason for the blood on the side :ugh:

http://www.nijaizkewl.com/images/personal/fun/owls/buttsecks.jpg

:-/

steve_o1989
06-03-2008, 12:00 AM
I'll admit I've thrown away my fair share of items. My trip to the dump this weekend contained a picnic set (plastic) with 6 chairs and a broken umbrella, A coupe rear bumper, a coupe trunk, a mostly complete brown interior. I usually just give that shit away but no one around here would want it, and I am not going through the hassle of shipping all that junk.

On a side note, I love it when I score freebies that others have thrown out. One mans junk is another mans treasure...

Baka Sama
06-03-2008, 12:35 AM
http://www.nijaizkewl.com/images/personal/fun/owls/buttsecks.jpg

:-/

Hahahaha I gotta stop laughing, people are looking at me funny at work. :rofl:

No, no buttsecks. Just the normal kind.

ESmorz
06-03-2008, 12:37 AM
One mans junk is another mans treasure...

More like one mans trash is something a broke ass dude can use.

Andrew Bohan
06-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Hahahaha I gotta stop laughing, people are looking at me funny at work. :rofl:

where the heck are you working this late where people care if you laugh?

Baka Sama
06-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Hospital ER. Im not a doctor or RN or any of the big buck jobs yet. I just deal with health insurance. We have a blast at night but yeah they tend to think youre crazy when you just bust of laughing out of nowhere.

dang that picture is so funny lol.

turtl631
06-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Haha, owls...

Is this at Grady, Emory, or Crawford Long by any chance?

hustlervibes
06-03-2008, 12:57 AM
I remember my old roommate threw out what I thought was a perfectly good couch. Until I found out later on that it was pee'd by some drunk dumbass and was infested with cockaroaches. I feel sorry if anyone picked it up. It looked fine :ugh:

Baka Sama
06-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Haha, owls...

Is this at Grady, Emory, or Crawford Long by any chance?

Gwinnett Medical. One of the only trauma hospitals still open. Which is good for me cause I get to see crazy stuff every night. :Ownedd:

scooz14
06-04-2008, 08:57 PM

^ that mint condition over stuffed leather couch that you scored
-has most likely been shit on several times by a variety of pets
-has random food particles from a variety of different entres lodged inbetween the cushions, now rotting of corse
-previously someone died on that couch

all this is very possible
and im not trying to rain on anyones parade of cool shit they found in the trash
because i have some cool shit too that was dug out of a dumpster
im just saying
its interesting to think about

if you honestly think i didnt disinfect the fuck out of it before it even came in the house...

but seriously, it didnt look like anyone ever sat in it. i have sat on it for the past year, and you can tell. it looked brand efing new.

driven_
06-04-2008, 09:52 PM
lets see, i found an old gateway laptop that had the charger with it in a box, in an alley,
and sold that for $50.

and i found a small car sub from this one house my dad invested in.
it had cockroach crap all inside the box, buti just rippped out the sound cushion crap and its now used in my room. ghetto. but cool. LOL.

handinpants
06-20-2008, 02:33 PM
So while driving my s13 I keep hearing this sound of something rolling around in the back, so I clean oh the hatch trunk area, everything is out, I still hear it, so I go to take another look, and there is a hole below the trunk light, I reach in that hole and find,
1 water bottle unopened, 1 mini vise grips, 1 stubby socket wrench, 1 set of master keys to any bobcat tractor (I lost em a while ago ), 1 rag, 1 turkey sandwich, (I think it was turkey, it didn't smell though, and some change

yardirate
02-04-2015, 12:05 AM
I usually see couches on the street with a sign "get it for free"

J3123MY
02-12-2015, 09:45 PM
last night at about 2 am i go to the store.. i come back and there is what looks like a couch pillow by my door, when i get a closer look it is one of those pillow type bong bags, with a bong in it, and i was like where the F*ck did this come from? needless to say i don't want it, so i do to my neighbor down the hall and he said he threw it away last week

Your neighbor threw away a bong?