PDA

View Full Version : Fraternities and Soroities

Sil-Abc
05-31-2008, 05:07 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is part of one. You would be amazed at how many ppl are part of one and maybe even of the same organization. Im part of Lambda Phi Epsilon, anyone else?

Phlip
05-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Never joined one.
I was asked to pledge for a few, Alpha Phi Alpha(the first african-american frat), Kappa Alpha Psi (by one of my best friend's older brother), and Phi Beta Sigma, but I respectfully declined and I am still friends with the members who actually invited me.
It was a whole thing that I was just not interested in personally. I mean, I'm sure that the organizations were placed in for something, but in black colleges, it seems more like they were interested in strutting around showing off that they were members of the frat/sorority instead of actually accomplishing anything. My mind was on graduating, not having my time eaten away with padding someone else's ego.

Walperstyle
05-31-2008, 08:05 AM
does the masons count?

smellslikecurry
05-31-2008, 09:30 AM
sigma beta rho spring 06

a lot of my boys are lphie

GRUPPE 5
05-31-2008, 09:35 AM
SigEp From Colorado state! Some of the best times of my life were there.

Philip-I know what you mean, almost every chapter at CSU was like that but everyone in Colorado hates fraternities and all we did was good things, Thousands of hour in community service, Hundreds of Thousands of dollars for philanthropy. None of our members did drugs we were chapter of the year every year won all sports had the highest GPA on campus of any student org and had the best parties. A good fraternity is an awesome experience and I recommend it to anyone going to school. Important thing is to go to the right house since some fraternities are typical frat houses.

And for studies a fraternity is very helpful, you typically have a someone in charge of checking up on peoples grades to see if they need help and there is almost always someone from the house in your classes.

miucus
05-31-2008, 09:37 AM
I have some friends in lambda phi epsilon at UCI, but they got banned from UCI, so they are underground now.
my gf just crossed for kappa zeta phi
a buddy wants me to pledge for kappa sigma and others want me to go zeta phi rho, but i think i want to just focus on my studies for now

ThatGuy
05-31-2008, 09:43 AM
USMC

My Frat has lots of guns. :D

GRUPPE 5
05-31-2008, 09:45 AM
USMC

My Frat has lots of guns. :D

Mine did too, one of my friends got shot in the leg when he was out hunting lol still has like 30 pellets in his leg

aNskY
05-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Paying for friends FTL.

now dont get me wrong, there are respectable frats, but the majority are retarded. example: I have some friends in lambda phi epsilon at UCI, but they got banned from UCI, so they are underground now.

gee, i wonder why they got banned....

mRclARK1
05-31-2008, 10:20 AM
^^^Agreed. Some are cool, however, I'm at school to learn, not join a silly club that makes people feel important.

ZX88
05-31-2008, 10:34 AM
i thought about joining a frat but after seeing what happened to my friends grades. my priorities have change. parties kick ass though.

smellslikecurry
05-31-2008, 11:05 AM
my grades went up like crazy after pledging...you dip below 3.0...bye bye

lflkajfj12123
05-31-2008, 11:20 AM

what...?

how?

05-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Pi Kappa Alpha - 'PIKE'

ZX88
05-31-2008, 11:25 AM

well alot of my buddies have like 2.5-2.7 and they are still in it. im no expert but it probably its probably different for every frat. i think they are good cause you meet alot of people in the process too. i might eventually pledge.

Viet-Tam
05-31-2008, 11:30 AM
I am a Kappa Sig alumni. Best times of my life!

S14DB
05-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Paying for friends FTL.

now dont get me wrong, there are respectable frats, but the majority are retarded. example:

gee, i wonder why they got banned....

They killed a pledge in 2005...

I'm sorry but the greek system is not the same as it was when my parents went to school. Now most seem to be drunk toolbags. Speaking only of the social fraternities and sororities.

azndoc
05-31-2008, 12:04 PM
USN

500,000 strong.

DOOK
05-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Pi Kappa Alpha - 'PIKE'

have a few buddies that were pikes... few that were alpha sigs... one or two that were KA...

I fucked the shit out of some sorostitutes though... gotta love my KKG girls... and forget the DGs...

aNskY
05-31-2008, 03:16 PM
They killed a pledge in 2005...

I'm sorry but the greek system is not the same as it was when my parents went to school. Now most seem to be drunk toolbags. Speaking only of the social fraternities and sororities.

When i was in school, a frat on campus killed a pledge too. they all got arrested and of course charges got reduced and they did some community service... and then they went "underground" too. continued to have their parties and sell their coke like nothing had happened. i think 2 of the frats/sororities on campus kept their gpa's high enough to maintain greek status at the school...

MikeisNissan
05-31-2008, 03:17 PM
do frats and sororities party and have gangbangs all day?

WanganRunner
05-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Tau Epsilon Phi here. Rho Beta 45.

And yes, the Masons definitely count.

And yes, tons of gangbangs.

deolio
05-31-2008, 08:26 PM
i would never join a frat at my school. all the creepers join the frats in hopes that it will get them laid, so all the girls stay away. house parties in Isla Vista(ucsb area) is where it's at. but i understand other schools. it's either you don't party at all, or you join a frat. in that case i would, but until then i'm not doing the elephant walk...

shade
05-31-2008, 11:11 PM
People don't know the power of being in a fraternity, connections, connections, connections.. especially if a TA is a member and you're in their class, hehe. It definitely has its perks.

S14DB
06-01-2008, 12:19 AM
People don't know the power of being in a fraternity, connections, connections, connections.. especially if a TA is a member and you're in their class, hehe. It definitely has its perks.

So, Frats are good for cheating?

MikeisNissan
06-01-2008, 12:22 AM
and gangbangs!

Dorifto89
06-01-2008, 12:27 AM
In my honest opinion, Fraternities and Sororities are terrible institutions. Secrets, copious amounts of alcohol, and "connections" are absolutely against how I wish to live my life. I see it everyday here in Oregon, and every day I'm glad to be on my own.

an_orange_s2k
06-01-2008, 12:31 AM
but until then i'm not doing the elephant walk...
hahahha the elephant walk!! i heard about that..and thats after hella drinking, spendin cash, etc. im apart of a muay thai school, so i suppose on some degrees its the same just w/o the elephant walk

silpena
06-01-2008, 12:44 AM
i don't like the idea of being in a frat. Some are cool but alot i hear are not. My twin bro goes csu and man hes become a drunk and wierd. That and my gf was in a co-ed frat and her being almost killed our relationship. It doesn't help living over an hour away and not seeing each other for days or hearing from each other. I also think the process in getting into one is fucked up. Grades go down... you become tired and you lose focus on school. SOme ppl can do it and some cant. Luckly i never had problems meeting ppl or getting friends. I had my fun in high school. Worst frat story i heard wa my bro saying some chic took a dump in his shower eww to me but everyone is wasted to even care. I'm that guy who ppl would say is a hard ass but come on, doo doo in the shower?

CrashQueen
06-01-2008, 01:18 AM
i was in alpha phi omega. it was a co-ed fraternity that was community service based and not networking. The fraternity itself stood for something worthwhile: giving back to the community. The people were nice and all but it got clique'y real fast and the more i was in it, the more i realized i just didn't belong. I don't believe in having to be fake nice and kiss people's asses to be accepted. I like me for how i am; blunt, sarcastic, and i simply keep it real.

i should have just joined a community service club instead of the co-ed frat.

allntrlundrgrnd
06-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Im friends with alot of kids in frats and sorostitutes (i mean sororities) , but id rather do my own thing.

an_orange_s2k
06-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Grades go down... you become tired and you lose focus on school.
one of my best friends got kicked outta school cuz of his frat..i thought it was the dumbest shit ever. that and his gf made out with one of his frat bros, all bad right there.

LB.Motoring
06-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Soroities,

yeah,

I was "in" some of them.

CrashQueen
06-01-2008, 01:36 AM
:D haha.

i read what you said real quick and blurted out a laugh.

woot.

Soroities,

yeah,

I was "in" some of them.

DALAZ_68
06-01-2008, 01:43 AM
Mine did too, one of my friends got shot in the leg when he was out hunting lol still has like 30 pellets in his legtell u chucked magnets at it LOL

i also respectfully declined a couple...just not my thing...and there still great homies to this day and great parties

angrychickens
06-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Tau Kappa Epsilon enough said

Sway500
06-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm a proud member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. specifically the Mighty Mu Tau Chapter at University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I would rather not share my personal opinions on some aspects of the whole greek system, but I would like to say that greek orgs do alot of great things, but for all the great things we do its always the movies or one bad hazing incident that is always the public downfall for greek life. I think its funny how there is hazing everywhere in any type of organized activities whether it be high school sports or the armed forces, and in all of these activities people have died, but greek orgs. are the ones that take the hardest fall for it.

FRpilot
06-01-2008, 12:45 PM
about 3 yrs ago at the college that i attended, two of the bigger asian frats had a brawl.

there was a small confrontation that occured at a local pool hall hangout. the leaders of both frats ended up calling their "brothers" from their other chapters at UCB, UCD, UCI, whatevers for aid. then they went to a nearby park past midnight and a melee ensued. i think a few people got injured, but 1 guy was stabbed several times and died.

both frats got banned by my school and i think many members of both frats were expelled. the statement was something like "our campus doesn't tolerate gang like activities"

Farzam
06-02-2008, 12:39 AM
My friend is in TKE??

Their parties are special...

Sil-Abc
06-02-2008, 01:05 AM
about 3 yrs ago at the college that i attended, two of the bigger asian frats had a brawl.

there was a small confrontation that occured at a local pool hall hangout. the leaders of both frats ended up calling their "brothers" from their other chapters at UCB, UCD, UCI, whatevers for aid. then they went to a nearby park past midnight and a melee ensued. i think a few people got injured, but 1 guy was stabbed several times and died.

both frats got banned by my school and i think many members of both frats were expelled. the statement was something like "our campus doesn't tolerate gang like activities"

yea that was between lambda phi epsilon and pi alpha phi the 2 biggest asian frats around.

I kno theres a lot of sided stories about frats/soroities and theres no reason to be convinced into one direction or the other but its something different. I used to hate the whole greek system cuz of paying for friends but its different after u join one because there are people you arent even friends with but are bros. its weird. many have their perks and downfalls but i mean u gotta enjoy college life and frats are like college only things. o yea, someone mentioned but connections is a big thing, i havent even graduated yet and ppl are hiring other brothers from around the country so its nice to have it and have stories to share with other orgs. frats arent for everyone but it is an experience like none other.

just glad to kno theres other ppl out there. O yea some dont do any of those gay things like the elephant walk, i will speak out and say throughout my whole process i have never done any gay shit whatsoever. i swear on my car that what i say is the truth. :bigok:

!Zar!
06-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Of course it isn't gay.

Because you are gay.

SC_S13
06-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Frats at UCSB are off the chain. and not in a good way haha.

I pledged for Pi Alpha Phi, and dropped (yea yea hate all you want) in I week. I just was not feeling the life style. or the never ending shoddy commitment for social get togethers with sororities I never liked. Lamdas here suck, they're always looking for confrontation. They're not official here either cuz in 2007 a girl was roofied at one of their parties up in the actives room. no real evidence that it was a Lamda, but no one else had access to their upstairs rooms.

the PIKE's are all fuckin gnarly, they hold a campus wide fight night every year. not as good as it sounds, trust me.

But true, frats vary campus wide: SigEp here is one of the BIGGEST party frats on campus. But my buddy is in SigEp at University Chicago, and their frat won shit-tons of academic awards. jeeeeeez. ok frat-rant OVER haha

***Wasn't that big ol Lamba/PiAPhi confrontation at san jose state?

powersteeringless180sx
06-02-2008, 10:42 AM
I can't afford to buy friends...

Future240
12-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Bump this one back up as I am now a member of the professional fraternity Delta Sigma Pi

MikeisNissan
12-04-2008, 08:13 PM
college fuck fest?

Brian
12-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Do the people IN frats realize that every other person makes fun of them and talks shit about them??

usdm180sx
12-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is part of one. You would be amazed at how many ppl are part of one and maybe even of the same organization. Im part of Lambda Phi Epsilon, anyone else?

Oh shit. I used to be an Alpha Chi Phi at CSULB. I knew a couple Lambda's at UCI and UCLA. Also knew Beta Omega Phi at CSULA and USC. Partied with Sigma Phi Omega from USC and CSULB and Alpha Delta Kappa from SC as well. Phi Zeta Tau from UCI were cute too. I was a whore in college.

ALTRNTV
12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
I was a whore in college.
Don't lie Norm. You know you still are. :rofl:

!Zar!
12-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I still find frats dumb and pointless.

Well, unless you're a bro...

ZilviaKid
12-04-2008, 10:32 PM
bro rape is nothing to laugh about..

Future240
12-04-2008, 10:39 PM
I have a question for the posters in this thread. The op just wanted to find out what fraternities and soro's people were in. I mean some of yall may not like them or whatever, but damn, was it really necessary to clog up his thread with unprovoked insults?

I can understand the flames if he woulda been like fuck non fraternity members but whatever though....

S14DB
12-04-2008, 11:19 PM
You're the one that bumped a 6 month old thread...

Future240
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
You're the one that bumped a 6 month old thread...

Very true but bumping a thread has nothin to do with un-warranted attacks. I'd figure I'd bump it instead of starting another one.

But hey its all cool to me, I was juss askin

punk138
12-05-2008, 03:31 AM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/Fionn-Whelan/Simpsons/Stonecutters.jpg

does this count?

jk