PDA

View Full Version : The Strangers...

LookOut Nick
05-30-2008, 08:32 AM
I went and saw this movie at a local midnight release. I took a shot and saw it even though the writer/director is a noob...Bryan Bertino.Needless to say, it melted my face off exceeded my expectations, it was constant suspense and was filled with countless "What the fuck are you doing that for!" moments. The movie isn't overly violent or gory, it just gives off a vibe that gave me shivers and creeped me out. It is shot eerily with an unsteady camera. Did anyone else make it out to see this last night?
This movie is highly recomended by me. It made me feel like i was 8 years old watching jaws for the first time.
Heres links and the trailer if anyones missed out on the T.V. Spots.

http://www.thestrangers.net/
The official site streams the trailer.
I thought the movie was intense, not the best movie horror/suspense film I have seen, but definitely worth talking about IMO. Go see it!:keke:

S14Josh
05-30-2008, 08:41 AM
A couple friends wanted to go see it tonight. Glad to hear that it was a decent movie.

Sounds like i'll enjoy it.

WagDatto
05-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Oh, a movie? I wanted to hear about sitting on your hand till it falls asleep. And then, well... I guess you know.

LeftNutOfGowd
05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah man im so pumped for this movie i've been waiting for it to come out for about two months now. Im so glad to hear that it was a good movie my girlfriend and I are going to go see it tonight I cant wait. This shit looks so sick i love movies that are based on true events or true storys

http://www.thestrangers.net/

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/thestrangers2poster.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/thestrangers_mask.jpg

CrashQueen
05-30-2008, 10:15 AM
i saw the trailer for this and it looked like a pretty good movie.

the best part about having a little brother who works at the movie theatres is having the advantage to watch movies for free. so even if it sucks i won't have to pay for it. lol

woot x2

CusCo_S14
05-30-2008, 10:24 AM
ive been waiting to see this since i saw the previews i love true story thriller movies. if u guys like true story thrillers u gotta check out this movie jack ketchem's "the girl next door" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0830558/

BOROSUN
05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
i <3 liv tyler

kyoru
05-30-2008, 11:01 AM
I just read a review in my local news paper (4/5 rating) and it looks really good, I'll check it out this weekend

thestreetzking
05-30-2008, 12:17 PM
i wanna see this, looks sick, i love the movies where people are stupid.. "honey i hear something outside lemme go for a walk in the woods and ill come back for you in 2 seconds" haha.. morons

MikeisNissan
05-30-2008, 01:15 PM
This movie looks fluke. Will NOT pay 10.00 for it. Looks just like the other movie with owen wilson's brother and that chick from that vampire movie.

woodchuck
05-30-2008, 01:24 PM
This movie looks fluke. Will NOT pay 10.00 for it. Looks just like the other movie with owen wilson's brother and that chick from that vampire movie.

vacancy.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/AdvHTML_Upload/vacancyDVDart.jpg

i haven't seen that one but the plots seem similar.

can anyone that has seen both do a compare and contrast - i don't want to see the same movie twice.

MikeisNissan
05-30-2008, 01:26 PM
^^^ thank you!

an_orange_s2k
05-30-2008, 01:31 PM
the shit that freaks me out about movies like these are that there are people crazy enough to do stuff like this!!

MikeisNissan
05-30-2008, 01:36 PM
I hate these type of movies.. if it were me I would be the one tryin to kill the bad guys. Like the opposite, they run away from me!

05-30-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm actually glad to hear this.. I will definitely see this now... i thought the trailer looked promising.

ScottMan
05-30-2008, 08:21 PM
You guys trip me out talking about this being inspired by true events. It was inspired by someone coming to the director's house when he was a kid...then...ready for this? LEAVING

SCARY!!!

This is definitely the creepiest trailer I've seen with that guy just standing out in the yard...just...standing.

MikeisNissan
05-30-2008, 08:28 PM
if someone was out my yard standing .. just .. standing yeah if would freak me out but then he would get a nice ass whoopin.

womenbeshoppin
05-30-2008, 11:47 PM
if someone was out my yard standing .. just .. standing yeah if would freak me out but then he would get a nice ass whoopin.
I'd turn on the sprinklers to show him whats up

buku_points
06-02-2008, 01:38 AM
this movie was a waste of 10 bucks! it was completely predictable nothing shocking. If your a fan of loud noises and horrible screen play, then this movie is for you.

miucus
06-02-2008, 01:47 AM
i just came back from watching this with my gf... i was checking behind me when i was walking to my front door and made sure my doors were locked. shit scared me

ILoveMyRHS13
06-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Gooooood fucking movie! I got a text message while Jack (the main guy) was away and I looked up when the girl was getting water and the first thing I saw was the mask. I just about shit myself.

powersteeringless180sx
06-02-2008, 11:09 AM
I saw the commercials on TV and it didn't look really interesting to me. Maybe the trailors were better?

CrashQueen
06-02-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah, the trailers are a lot better than the commercials on tv. Didn't seem to show much of what it was.

DOMA! :keke:

lol

I saw the commercials on TV and it didn't look really interesting to me. Maybe the trailors were better?

CusCo_S14
06-02-2008, 11:27 AM
ive only seen the preview but the best lines are when Liv asks " why are u doin this?" and someone answers "because u were home." man that just crazy.

powersteeringless180sx
06-02-2008, 11:31 AM
i <3 liv tyler

yea she's hot as long as I don't think about her dad whenever I look at her. :-/

yeah, the trailers are a lot better than the commercials on tv. Didn't seem to show much of what it was.

DOMA! :keke:

lol

Hmm i'll have to check out the trailor.

Doma!!!

origin_s135
06-02-2008, 12:20 PM
seems like a good movie. someone said it was predictable? most scary movie's are predictable right? but people still go watch a scary movie just to get a good scare. i remember watching "the chainsaw massacre" that shit was crazy. anyway, i'll be watching this movie sometime soon, my friend used to work @ the theater and i get to watch it for free.

k-os
06-02-2008, 12:25 PM
this movie was a waste of 10 bucks! it was completely predictable nothing shocking. If your a fan of loud noises and horrible screen play, then this movie is for you.

yeah i completely agree.
it reminded me of how stupid vacancy was.

this movie could have been alot better and i was hoping it was gonna be good from watching the commercials.

kaotic
06-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I heard it was lame... I wont even spend the $6.50 for the matinee.. let alone $12 for a night show..

98s14inaz
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM

He wouldn't be standing long if that was my house...put a shot center mass or in the head and that would have been a short movie. I'll probably see it though seeing how many positive reviews it got...definitely matinee. Not paying $12 for that.

jimmytango00
06-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I went and saw it last night, very disappointed :(

jeeper_x
06-03-2008, 02:08 AM
one of the most intense movie i ever watched....

so intense that my icee straw was almost ripped in two....

haha....

seriously tho, if i had a shotgun like him, then i would've blasted all those mask fuckers!