PDA

View Full Version : Old stuff.... what to do?

05-29-2008, 03:30 PM
I get the keys to my new apt. on Sunday and I and going to re-furnish the entire place with all new furniture.

As for the old furniture in my current apt, I don't have time to put it all on craiglist so I figured I'd donate it all to charity. I have a couple old TVs i don't need, desks, chairs, sofas, etc.

Do you know if Salvation Army or any other organization will bring a truck by and pick up all of this stuff? Any Dallas locals are more than welcome to come over and take what they want too. :P

SW20Racer
05-29-2008, 03:33 PM
they should be more than willing to. find a center where they have trucks parked. talk to the supervisor, and take it from there.

or buy all your new stuff through sears and they'll deliver it, plus remove all the old stuff at no extra charge. im pretty sure they take it to charity for tax breaks themselves...

stiizy
05-29-2008, 03:49 PM
^^ yea what he said..

Goodwill and salvation army both will come pick it up..

05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
^^ yea what he said..

Goodwill and salvation army both will come pick it up..

Ill try them both. thanks guys.

exitspeed
05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
They aren't as willing as you might expect.

call around to Goodwill and those places and see if they will come take it. If not, def. donate it to a place like that because then someone can actually use it and it doesn't just go in the trash.

05-29-2008, 04:08 PM
They aren't as willing as you might expect.

call around to Goodwill and those places and see if they will come take it. If not, def. donate it to a place like that because then someone can actually use it and it doesn't just go in the trash.

Hmm... so I may have to rent a U-HAUL and take the stuff there?

I know I sound all charitable and stuff... but the truth is I just wanna get this shit out of my old apartment... I will donate it though rather than throw it in the trash.

LongGrain
05-29-2008, 04:21 PM
do you have any friends that could use furniture?

i would try that first. then whatever you have left, donate.

05-29-2008, 04:26 PM
do you have any friends that could use furniture?

i would try that first. then whatever you have left, donate.

It's just that time is a factor, but I'll post a myspace bulletin and see.