PDA

View Full Version : **\\MAFS//**

IceTekGuy
12-15-2001, 10:58 AM
why is it that i see alot of honda's and acura's without the MAFS's when they have custom intakes, and i was wonderin do i REALLY need one with my SR?
can i get one of those adapter things, or will my car run too lean especially with the turbo?

thanks for info guys/gals

White240sx
12-15-2001, 12:08 PM
That’s because Honda uses a Speed density DFI system in which the MAP sensor is used exclusively for measuring air pressure in the manifold. I believe they are the only manufacture that does this actually.

You will have to run one on your SR unless you want to invest in some programmable electronics. A stand-alone programmable engine management will allow you to remove it but will run anywhere from $1000-$2000. I believe the Apex-I S-AFC will allow you to remove your MAF as well, because it receives it signal from the MAP sensor.

tristarx
12-16-2001, 04:00 AM
3G Mazda RX7 is also using a speed density map sensor.

Apexi SAFC alters around MAS signal, so no you can't remove it completely.  Apexi Power FC has a standalone map sensor feature, but none has really tried it to give any positive feedbacks because you will have to install the map sensor software/hardwares.

Another alternative is HKS VPC for SR20DET which also comes with Map sensor and temperature sensor hardware so you can get rid of the stock MAS.

All standalones such as Haltech, SDS, etc. pretty much all uses GM 3 Bar map sensor.

Tx.

Wayne
http://www.phase2motortrend.com

IceTekGuy
12-17-2001, 12:27 AM
hmmm, sounds more complicated than wiring in the KA sohc MAF

tristarx
12-18-2001, 04:10 AM
No doubt the SOHC MAS is a more economical approach to boost your SR up to 7psi or so safely, until you are able to upgrade your setup to a Z32 MAS.

For street cars, stick with the MAS.  For all out HP, speed density map sensor system is more popular.

Tx.

IceTekGuy
12-18-2001, 04:44 AM
well i was planning on boosting up to 14, so is it safe to still use the sohc KA24E MAF?
im gonna be running the walbro 255 lp/h fuel pump, but still using my stock SR injectors... will i run into any problems?

sykikchimp
12-18-2001, 09:58 AM
What is the main difference's b/w the Cobra MAF and the Z32 MAF?  KA24E MAF?

Why is the KA24E maf a safer way to boost?