PDA

View Full Version : EOI; I want to do Formula Drift!!!`

Teambadrun
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey guys,
Im From Australia as most might know. I am hanging to do Formula Drift. I want to borrow someones car and use it to compete in Formula D.. pref RHD thou. lol.

if anyone can help or point me towards the direction im after let me know.

I will cover all expenses and responsibiltys!!

let me know
Alex!

Dousan_PG
05-27-2008, 06:53 PM
you should get a hold of JT who is from NZ
he's out here w/ his car currently
see if he can help you out!

good luck!

azndoc
05-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Didn't you make a similar thread like this about a year ago?

A Spec Products
05-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Didn't you make a similar thread like this about a year ago?

I reckon last year he wasn't able to find a car

So he's trying again this year

I'm not sure how many RHD cars you are going to find, much less owners that are willing to let you borrow one (with risk of damage)

I think better to see the likelyhood of either shipping your car here, or building a car stateside for Formula D

Teambadrun
05-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey guys,

I can ship my car but apparently it's too much of a fuss taking to CA..

I will be looking fora car in the states..

Last year i had one contact but i couldn't get a confirmation so i gave up.

If anyone has a car and is willing to let someone like myself drift it please pm me or contact me +61410535321

I will consider LHD cars even.. depending on the modifications obviously :D

05-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey guys,

If anyone has a car and is willing to let someone like myself drift it please pm me or contact me +61410535321

Asking someone to drift their car isn't going to work. How about you post up your previous accomplishments, experience, what can you do for the person who is loaning you the car etc. etc.
Anyone could be a dreamer and want to drift in Formula D and use someone else's car. No offense, but that's what you sound like. Just a suggestion.

BoostedCoupe
05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
IN order for him to drift in FD wouldnt he have to have his FD licenses? If so i dont think you can get your FD licenses in the sameday as a FD comp. SO that being said you would have to stay over here in the states for awhile. I thought austrilla had a drifting series?

slideways2004
05-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Asking someone to drift their car isn't going to work. How about you post up your previous accomplishments, experience, what can you do for the person who is loaning you the car etc. etc.
Anyone could be a dreamer and want to drift in Formula D and use someone else's car. No offense, but that's what you sound like. Just a suggestion.

+ 1 to that

and you also need a license like stated above

Flybert
05-27-2008, 09:32 PM
You can pay for your FD license but you have to pay a few thousand dollars. I think it was like $3000 or something like that and you get refunded a certain amount when you qualify for the main day at an event.

Why not drift in Australia?

slideways2004
05-27-2008, 10:06 PM
You can pay for your FD license but you have to pay a few thousand dollars. I think it was like $3000 or something like that and you get refunded a certain amount when you qualify for the main day at an event.

seems like a better deal. probably cheaper in the end then having to do all that pro am b.s.. saves you time and money

05-27-2008, 10:11 PM

More sponsors willing to give monetary sponsorships in the U.S with Formula D than other drifting competitions down under. I could be wrong though.

Teambadrun
05-28-2008, 08:36 AM
lol.

I already drift here. I want to go to the states its the only place i havnt been.

Ive won SuperDrift here, and also came 5th place in D1 SL last october at Ebisu.. due to a stupid cooler pipe coming off on the last rerun against the season champion. My background of drifting is excellent . So i ve replied to some people who have sent me PM's if theres more let me know. I would love to come do FD. Expenses are already organised by my sponsor and myself. We just need a half decent car

Thanks for your support guys

05-28-2008, 09:37 AM
lol.

I already drift here. I want to go to the states its the only place i havnt been.

Ive won SuperDrift here, and also came 5th place in D1 SL last october at Ebisu.. due to a stupid cooler pipe coming off on the last rerun against the season champion. My background of drifting is excellent . So i ve replied to some people who have sent me PM's if theres more let me know. I would love to come do FD. Expenses are already organised by my sponsor and myself. We just need a half decent car

Thanks for your support guys

Best of luck to ya mate!

most_faded
06-03-2008, 04:26 PM
you're gonna need to move here in the states and get a license through pro-am or you can email formula d and do a petition. by the way if you want to compete in formula d download the rulebook.

steve shadows
06-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey guys,

I could sell you my car....just needs a cage and some better wheels haha

Teambadrun
06-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I could sell you my car....just needs a cage and some better wheels haha
Why do i need a cage :S? Is it compulsary or something?

I have emailed Formula D in regards to this . Hopefully we can work something out

:) but if anyone has a car.. they can still PM Me

driven_
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
they sponsor funerals over there or what?
no cage? crazy yo.

smelly240
06-06-2008, 04:28 AM
formulaD u need a cage - lol - they're scca

ESmorz
06-06-2008, 05:06 AM
Have any videos of you driving?

That maaaaaay help your case. Although I'd never loan anyone my car, especially for drifting at a competitive level. No matter how cool your accent is... :keke:

Jim C
06-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I would check out some canadian forums.
Plenty of RHDs here.

1eightySX
06-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Better yet just buy RHD in Canada, sell it when you are done... providing it is in one piece. I don't know how many people would be ok with him borrowing their car and taking it a couple of thousand kilometers south... maybe if they were invited to come along.

Teambadrun
06-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Hey guys,

I have a few videos there all pretty old www.myspace.com/speedtek007

If anyone want's to loan me a car that will be taken care of, with a bond left up front etc etc. All legit let me know. Im keen on coming there even if it's for fun.

Thanks!!!

Matej
06-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Do you own the SuperMade S15? That's pretty cool.

jscrilla21
06-08-2008, 03:45 AM
Not gonna lie your a beast fucking driver

best of luck to you in formula d if you make it you may have a chance to do well

Teambadrun
06-09-2008, 04:40 AM
HAha yeah i have the S15 from supermade japan...

If anyone wants to help me out don't be shy to PM me :)

Thanks for the support!

ESmorz
06-09-2008, 04:45 AM
WOW.

The entry on those d1 street legal videos almost made me shit my pants.

Good luck finding a car man.

!Zar!
06-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Hah.

I don't know how far you will get politically in FD the way you were selling fake bride seats as real ones.

hahaha.

Good luck with that.

JBao
06-09-2008, 11:06 AM
you do realize that any car you borrow you will have to heavily modify to brush it up to FD standards ... ie: cage, tow hook, safety cut off switch mounted on the outside, ect.

you might want to come out here for 1-2months beforehand and build a car to spec....or ship all of your parts out here and put it in a car.

seems to me you arent commited to doing it, so why bother?

most_faded
06-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Why don't you hit up the Formula D australlia?

Entry Speed
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
WOW.

The entry on those d1 street legal videos almost made me shit my pants.

Good luck finding a car man.

Think that's awesome? Check out this MSC vid of the guy from team BURST. So fucking badass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w8hB-8uRyk

Back on topic, good luck with your search for a car here in the states dude, I hope you can come rep australia here in FD. +1