PDA

View Full Version : My old truck needsd a new home

89dc240
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey all I have a truck that currently will not pass PA emissions because of an unholy vacuum issue. All the related parts have been changed out or tested for good, and it is just the routing that needs to be worked out, but I've had enough, and I'm looking for a chevy 4x4.

Anywho, its a 96, 220k on the clock, 300 inch straight six motor rebuilt with 70k on it, good for another 75-80k without a doubt. 4 speed plus OD trans rebuilt slightly before that, 2WD, shortbed, all kinds of new parts within the last couple years I've owned it. Those include starter, clutch, flywheel, clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, Complete steering/alignment system under 200 miles ago, battery, K/N air filter, custom bent exhaust with a 50 series flowmaster, and many more. Lots of reciepts.

The truck has never run or sounded better than in the past few months of me tryin to get it ready for inspection. Unfortunately it was due in March, and I can't seem to get around to fixing it. The body has a few dents but is in darn good shape for its age and mileage. It also came from Arizona and has extremely low rust. I bought it there while I was in school in late 03 with 200 miles on the rebuild. I have always used Motorcraft semi-synthetic oil, and have recently flushed out the trans.

Everything else should pass inspection save for maybe some new shoes on the rear brakes. I'd drive it everyday if it had good stickers as it still gets 15 mpg. Not bad for a truck. I'll also include a new front bumper, the original bench(bronco captains installed currently), and any accumulated parts I have for it.

You'll know if its right for you, and remember I'm somewhat flexible as I would like to get a pre-emissions carbureted gas-sucking 4x4. Will consider trades.

Oh yeah, she'd be great in a non-emissions state if there are any left.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb155/89dc240/truck.jpg