PDA

View Full Version : How to set the boost on HKS wastegate actuator

Kriskouki
05-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Hey,

just having a question regarding the HKS wastegate actuator....

does anyone here could tell me how to set the boost on HKS wastegate actuator?....What I did was running the same length of it was on the the stock T28 s14 one....Does anyone know or can give me a manual or the exact lengths if certains boost is needed to be set for me?......Actually, I am not looking to go over stock boost......But, just need a little information.....

For anyone who doesn't know what HKS wastegate actuator does is that it could hold more boost than stock actuator....Stock one will open a little ealier than what it was set to open....However, HKS will be more precise, which will reflect in more horsepowers and torque......

Addicted2Kouki
05-24-2008, 01:33 AM
If you werent looking to go over stock boost, why do you have a HKS wastegate actuator?

It opens the wastegate at 10psi, as opposed to 7psi for the stock actuator.

You can control it with a boost controller.

Jgrand03
05-24-2008, 01:34 AM
why dont you just get a boost gauge and find out for yourself instead of just setting it blindly and possibly fuckin some shit up

GSXRJJordan
05-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Yup yup, boost gauges are cheap as hell. I spent more on dinner tonight than a boost gauge I bet.

If you want a stock S14 turbo actuator, I'll trade you +cash...

fliprayzin240sx
05-24-2008, 03:19 AM
Get a boost gauge, loosen the actuator arm up to where it barely keeps the flapper shut. Drive it and see where it holds. Tighten/spin the rod 3-4 times, drive to see where its opening up, repeat till you get to the boost your shooting for.

SoguRacing
05-24-2008, 03:22 AM
its not that hard. took me 2 trials to get .7bar. just be careful not to burn yourself on the exhaust manifold or turbo hehe

Shaminii
05-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I always have a hard time putting the rod back in its position after tightening/make rod shorter to increase boost. It hard to pull it far enough to reach the lever, especially in the position where the wastegate is in the engine bay. Does anybody have a good technique of doing this?