PDA

View Full Version : The Happening

flip3d
05-21-2008, 07:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioG7lMvP5vA

Have any of you heard of this movie? I just saw the trailer for it like 10 minutes ago. Looks so effing badass!

M. Knight Shemalemalan whatever his name is really outdid himself this time. Something I actually want to see!

MikeisNissan
05-21-2008, 07:41 PM
The movie will happen.

Mi Beardo es Loco
05-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Must
see
this
movie

proceed

Thursday
05-21-2008, 07:50 PM
holy fucking shit

i just came a little.

i shall see this movie.

Phlip
05-21-2008, 07:53 PM
M. Knight Shemalemalan whatever his name is really outdid himself this time. Something I actually want to see!

um...
"M. Night Shyamalan"
Your spelling suggests that he may have had an operation somewhere down through the years, lol

flip3d
05-21-2008, 08:02 PM
um...
"M. Night Shyamalan"
Your spelling suggests that he may have had an operation somewhere down through the years, lol

That was the idea lol. Blame South Park.

snowmansent2hel
05-21-2008, 08:06 PM
its going to be interesting to see what it actually is. i just hope that it doesnt turn out to be like the village or lady in the water

singlecamslam
05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm really hoping for this movie to not suck balls, i love movies like these but they always turn out shitty. And Mark Wulhberg looks like he's gonna cap some fools.

muddafakka
05-21-2008, 08:47 PM

um...
"M. Night Shyamalan"

Hahaha

I may check it out.

SR2Zero
05-21-2008, 08:51 PM
It's got that mysterious plot. I'm kinda of lost... Like that cloverfield movie. Didn't watch it but... I didn't watch that trailer either... Just saw the commercial while I was watching ultimate fighter. Looks pretty good.

touge monster
05-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Mark Wulhberg looks like he's gonna cap some fools.

He has been in 52468446 movies the past year.

J ROK
05-21-2008, 08:55 PM
damn looks freaky, hope the ending isnt gay.

there is also another movie coming out that looks good called "Blindness"

rainier
05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
looks good, saw the preview when i was watching iron man. its a must see movie just like "the dark knight"

RiversideS13
05-21-2008, 09:41 PM
the movie looks very disturbing

drftwerks
05-21-2008, 09:42 PM
i just hope the ending is not like his other movies, that is a dissapointment

Mi Beardo es Loco
05-21-2008, 09:48 PM

I could never understand why people think his endings suck. His movies are so far out of the box and so well produced with a TON of direction. He understands movie "standards" and he makes you think one thing then throws 20 different things at you, that's why his movies are genius to me. Lady in the Water is one of my favorite movies....But I'm a nerd so.....:-/

05-21-2008, 10:02 PM

This one looks hopeful... but I have been disappointed in the past.
*cough*
Lady in the Water
Signs
The Village
/*cough*

Mi Beardo es Loco
05-21-2008, 10:17 PM
This one looks hopeful... but I have been disappointed in the past.
*cough*
Lady in the Water
Signs
The Village
/*cough*

sigh.

Is my taste in movies really that bad? It wouldn't be because I was such a comic book FREAK when I was a kid would it?

Matej
05-21-2008, 10:32 PM
It's another one of "those" movies haha.

shrimpscampi
05-22-2008, 02:18 AM
What the hell??...Looks promising...

S14Josh
05-22-2008, 02:44 AM
i personally loved Signs.

I think this will be good.

infinitexsound
05-22-2008, 04:03 AM
m.night is kinda a cult movie deal.....either u like his stuff or u dont, kinda like stanley kubrick, or hitchcock... i liked all his movies.. zooey deschanel is supposed to be in the movie... shes hot... FORREAL

MikeisNissan
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Have any of you guys seen The Village.. wow did that suck. He better make a come back with this one.

05-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Have any of you guys seen The Village.. wow did that suck. He better make a come back with this one.

I think the problem with the village is I was expecting it to be a lot scarier. When a movie is actually scary I'll curl up like a little girl sometimes... I was expecting a good scare factor from The Village and was very disappointed.

lok
05-22-2008, 12:58 PM
The preview seems a lot like the book series "autumn"

In less than twenty-four hours a vicious and virulent disease destroys virtually all of the population. Billions are killed. Thousands die every second. There are no symptoms and no warnings. Within moments of infection each victim suffers a violent and agonizing death. Only a handful of survivors remain. By the end of the first day those survivors wish they were dead. Then the disease strikes again, and all hell breaks loose... The classic free underground novel finally bursts into the mainstream. Cold, dark, relentless and uncomfortably plausible. A Night of the Living Dead for the 21st Century. "the perfect zombie story" "nothing written in the genre has grabbed me in the same way as AUTUMN" "an equal to Romero's Night of the Living Dead"

exitspeed
05-22-2008, 01:03 PM
And if you don't know, this is almost like his last shot at a success. His first couple movies were huge, and then his last few have been huge flops. The studios have been hesitant about him lately. If this movie isn't a critical and commercial success, it might be a long time before we see a movie from him again.

I do think this movie looks good though. I just don't go see these kinda movies at the theater. I only like to see movies that the theater experience (giant friggin scene and chest pounding sound) actually enhance ie Matrix, Star Wars, etc.

The preview seems a lot like the book series "autumn"

In less than twenty-four hours a vicious and virulent disease destroys virtually all of the population. Billions are killed. Thousands die every second. There are no symptoms and no warnings. Within moments of infection each victim suffers a violent and agonizing death. Only a handful of survivors remain. By the end of the first day those survivors wish they were dead. Then the disease strikes again, and all hell breaks loose... The classic free underground novel finally bursts into the mainstream. Cold, dark, relentless and uncomfortably plausible. A Night of the Living Dead for the 21st Century. "the perfect zombie story" "nothing written in the genre has grabbed me in the same way as AUTUMN" "an equal to Romero's Night of the Living Dead"

If it's anything like that I will def. enjoy it.

EDIT: Just watched that trailer. That shit looks spooky. I wonder what the twist is.

powersteeringless180sx
05-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I been seeing a lot of commercials for this movie lately. It's got potential being that it's his 1st rated are movie. Can't be too bad Dirk Digglers in it.

CrashQueen
05-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah i agree, the village and lady in the water were two disappointing movies.

I'm totally going to see this movie and The Strangers; compare and contrast the two.

its going to be interesting to see what it actually is. i just hope that it doesnt turn out to be like the village or lady in the water

CrimsonRockett
05-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Looks disturbing as hell...

eastcoastS14
05-30-2008, 12:40 PM
mmm M. Night Shyamalan is like another steven king...the stories would make awsome books but dont really transfer well to the screen, or the movie ends with a twist that makes you go "wait....what?"

sixth sense was awsome

the village had potential til there like oh but its really dudes in masks and they live right of interstate 45

lady in the water was creepy...because you were expecting some fucked up twist...but know, exactly what was suppose to happen happened...with gay ass wolves in the grass and apes flying out of trees outside an apartment complex...

as long as there are no ridiculous twists in this one it should be pretty epic

unwed_transient
05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
it might be a long time before we see a movie from him again.

good. he's gimmicky in a bad way.

sixth sense was good
unbreakable sucked
signs sucked
the village sucked
lady in the water- didn't even bother to see it

how many movies can you do with the "oh shit!" twist and get away with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWWtb2uDDfE

maybe this one will be better due to the R rating, but i'm not going to go see it.

the world already has a Stephen King. we don't need another one.

woodchuck
05-30-2008, 01:13 PM
how many movies can you do with the "oh shit!" twist and get away with it?

you took the words right out of my mouth.

axiomatik
05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
+1. couldn't have said it better. only difference is that I didn't think signs or the village outright sucked, they were just average. but unbreakable, that was some epic suckage. lamest movie I saw that year.

05-30-2008, 02:16 PM
I liked unbreakable.

WERDdabuilder
05-30-2008, 02:19 PM
every time i see the part where the guy lays in front of the mower...i laugh. probably see this this week.

exitspeed
05-30-2008, 02:23 PM
I also liked Unbreakable. It was like a comic book origin movie without the over the top action.

If Cheech Maron was in this movie it would be called The Was-Sapanning.

powersteeringless180sx
05-30-2008, 03:36 PM
I also liked Unbreakable. It was like a comic book origin movie without the over the top action.

If Cheech Maron was in this movie it would be called The Was-Sapanning.

LMAO..The Was-Sapanning... hahaha that was hilarious.. :bowrofl:

CrashQueen
05-30-2008, 03:41 PM
hahahaha doma i agree. :rofl:

LMAO..The Was-Sapanning... hahaha that was hilarious.. :bowrofl:

steve shadows
05-30-2008, 03:54 PM
the movie looks very disturbing

Yeah whats with all the "Everyone on earth dies" movies haha

Is that normal? For society to be so fully consumed by these things on such a frequent basis?

infinitexsound
05-30-2008, 03:58 PM
unbreakable was a good movie was so lady in water.... sorry bro stephen king does direct movies he just writes books, and people turn it into movies for him.......... but still a cult movie deal tho.... cant wait too see it... i missed deception suppose to be another good film... it wasnt playing locally

unwed_transient
05-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah whats with all the "Everyone on earth dies" movies haha

Is that normal? For society to be so fully consumed by these things on such a frequent basis?

it's global warming. it will kill us all.:cj:

smellslikecurry
06-14-2008, 12:25 PM
lol laugh all you want

were destroying the earth

give mother nature a few years...shes going to go buckwild on all of us

SimpleSexy180
06-14-2008, 12:34 PM
its so hard to please people with movies, yet, its actually not.

lflkajfj12123
06-14-2008, 12:43 PM
so this came out yesterday

how was it?

BustedS13
06-14-2008, 01:49 PM
saw hulk instead of this. probably going to see this tonight

FaLKoN240
06-14-2008, 02:45 PM
I saw it, it was kinda slow...

I don't think you guys will like it, some people even left the theatre, and boo'd when it was over.

I guess I'm not recommending it?

I didn't mind watching it, because it was something i wanted to see.

lflkajfj12123
06-14-2008, 02:51 PM
^ damn that sucks

i was hoping for a winner

looks like hulks my main man tonight i still need to see iron man though

BustedS13
06-14-2008, 03:08 PM
m night's a one trick pony, i really doubt it'll be good. but i like apocalyptic stuff, so whatever

shrimpscampi
06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
^ Totally agree about m. knight...

626 FC3S
06-14-2008, 05:05 PM
He has been in 52468446 movies the past year.

hahahaha holy shit your sn is my email lol

The ROMAN
06-14-2008, 06:53 PM
**SPOILER ALERT**

It's plants.

Plants find out humans are bad--> release poison that makes them kill themselves.

There I just saved you an hour and a half. What garbage.

**SPOILER ALERT**

berz
06-14-2008, 06:56 PM
shit was weak i spent 20 bucks for plants should of bought some weed instead. but its a 6 out of 10 in my book

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-14-2008, 07:05 PM
That's a WHOLE FUCKING lot for spoiling the end for me. You could have marked "spoiler" or something. And I really love M. Nights' movies. Was actually planning on seing it tonight. Fucking douches.

BustedS13
06-14-2008, 07:05 PM
****ruins movie*****

There I just saved you an hour and a half. What garbage.

there I just negative repped you. not fucking cool, even if it was a shit movie

The ROMAN
06-14-2008, 07:10 PM
So you guys are really reading my comment and saying "Shit I wish I hadn't known that and gone!" ??? This guy Sham sucks.

The ROMAN
06-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Also whoever neg repped "you're doing it wrong" equals bandwagon "newfag."

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-14-2008, 07:13 PM
So you guys are really reading my comment and saying "Shit I wish I hadn't known that and gone!" ??? This guy Sham sucks.

YES! And your opinion doesn't mean shit to me. You could have just as easily came here and say you wouldn't recommend it. Instead you come here begging for attention and spoil the movie for people who might want to see it. I fucking love M. Night movies and have all as a collection. I even have the LE version of Unbreakable. That's not fucking cool bro. I was REALLY looking forward to seeing it tonight.

TheTimanator
06-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Saw it last night. Many people in the theater were pissed. I however wasn't sure how to take it. The cheesy acting, the cause of the people killing themselves, even some of the graphic stuff was kinda cheesy.

I almost would take it as a well shot b-movie. I laughed quite a bit in the movie. I'm beginning to wonder if it was done on purpose.

PS- I liked Sixth Sense, Signs and loved Unbreakable. The rest of M. Night's movie are worth watching them once IMO, but would probably never pay to see them again.

ronmcdon
06-14-2008, 07:22 PM
for those that have seen this, is this an okay popcorn movie? I need to watch something where I can tune off (more than default). kinda contemplating whether this, or the hulk would serve that purpose better. tia!

S14DB
06-14-2008, 07:23 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10007985-happening/
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809921595/critic

Glad I didn't goto see that...

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Saw it last night. Many people in the theater were pissed. I however wasn't sure how to take it. The cheesy acting, the cause of the people killing themselves, even some of the graphic stuff was kinda cheesy.

I almost would take it as a well shot b-movie. I laughed quite a bit in the movie. I'm beginning to wonder if it was done on purpose.

PS- I liked Sixth Sense, Signs and loved Unbreakable. The rest of M. Night's movie are worth watching them once IMO, but would probably never pay to see them again.
My two favorites are Lady in the Water and the Village by him. You didn't like these two? I think his endings are a little strange but I still love them. I could understand how some don't really like the endings but it all comes down to taste in music.

TheTimanator
06-14-2008, 07:26 PM
for those that have seen this, is this an okay popcorn movie? I need to watch something where I can tune off (more than default). kinda contemplating whether this, or the hulk would serve that purpose better. tia!

I saw Hulk this afternoon. If you liked any of the past Marvel movies including Ironman, you will enjoy it. I thought it was great :bigok:

The ROMAN
06-14-2008, 07:27 PM
YES! And your opinion doesn't mean shit to me. You could have just as easily came here and say you wouldn't recommend it. Instead you come here begging for attention and spoil the movie for people who might want to see it. I fucking love M. Night movies and have all as a collection. I even have the LE version of Unbreakable. That's not fucking cool bro. I was REALLY looking forward to seeing it tonight.

Well I figured my post would be a positive contribution mostly. Nine times out of ten I leave the movies pissed off and ripped off, but I guess I just don't understand my age demographic. Actually the ending wasn't even really a secret.

TheTimanator
06-14-2008, 07:29 PM
My two favorites are Lady in the Water and the Village by him. You didn't like these two? I think his endings are a little strange but I still love them. I could understand how some don't really like the endings but it all comes down to taste in music.

I did like them. For whatever reason I enjoyed them MUCH less the second time I saw them when they came on TV. It might have a lot to do with the fact I know what the twist and the surpirse is gone.

I enjoyed Signs b/c the movie was not about Aliens at all. It was about man loosing his faith and then finding it. And Mel Gibson did a great job.
Unbreakable was awesome for the mere idea that comics could be exagerations of reality. And awesome cinematography.
Sixth Sense: It was the first time I had ever seen a movie shot through the eyes of a dead man, and that thought it creepy.
The Village: was too much like sixth sense to me. The whole movie you are thinking things are one way, and at the end you find out they are not. Still a well done movie.
To be honest i don't remember Lady in the Water.

I do enjoy how his movies are shot and how you can tell that he thinks through all of his shots well to get the best effect.

FaLKoN240
06-14-2008, 08:03 PM
That's pretty fucked up of you to ruin the movie for everybody else.

For those that are still willing and wanting to ruin the movie, where do you get the right to come in and spoil it for everybody else?

Just because you left the theatre mad, doesn't mean anyone should have to enter it feeling as shitty as you left.

What you did is pretty selfish, and fucked up. AT LEAST PUT A

**SPOILER ALERT**

Or something seriously.

!Zar!
06-14-2008, 10:14 PM
The movie sucked.

/review.

TheSquidd
06-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Fucking FUNNIEST MOVIE I EVER SAW.

I couldn't stop laughing from BEGINNING to END.

Don't let the trailer fool you, this is a comedy. I think Mark Wahlberg should be nominated for best actor. I believe it must've been the biggest challenge of his acting career to act this BAD.

If you watched this and didn't laugh your ass off every time some ugly, full screen, floating head muttered corny script, you did it wrong.

SPOILER ALERT.

Not that it fucking matters. Not one moment in this movie is a SURPRISE.

Highlights:

1. First of all, every death you saw in the trailer, yup, that's all the deaths. They apparently ran out of money so everyone else that dies, dies off screen while theres a FULL SCREEN close up of Mark Wahlberg's face "reacting" to the death.

2. Like 15 people shoot themselves in the face, OFF SCREEN. In a bold move by the director, we're meanwhile treated to 10 minutes of Marky Mark's face saying things like "Oh no..." (with less energy than someone who just stepped in dog shit).

3. 5 minutes of this movie is dedicated to the following:

John Lequizano gives a worried fat woman a "math riddle". He gives some long drawn out description of the riddle then asks for the answer.

She says .. 10$, theres a LONG dramatic pause while Mr Math Teacher says "no higher"

She says 20$, there's another long dramatic pause while John says no higher again.

Then, with all the drama of all of M Nights Movies combined, Violins BLARING, close up, sweat and tears, the fat woman says "30$, it's 30$."

John L. replies, "No, you'd have over 10 million dollars."

Did that sound entertaining? Well, while this little "riddle" was playing out on screen, the VEHICLE WAS DRIVING THROUGH A TOWN FULL OF DEAD PEOPLE HANGING FROM STOP LIGHTS THAT YOU CAN'T FUCKING SEE BECAUSE IT'S JUST FIVE MINUTES OF FACIAL CLOSEUPS AS TWO FUCKING HORRENDOUS CHARACTERS GO BACK AND FORTH ABOUT SAVING FUCKING PENNIES.

4. Apparently, a man can stand on two feet while a lion gently tugs your entire fucking arm off without falling over.

5. Apparently, the iPhone has video messaging.

6. Apparently, every single person in the entire world talks ENDLESSLY about distances. I've never seen a movie where more "miles" were mentioned USELESSLY. There's 15 minutes of the movie where people converge from like 6 different roads and talk about how "8 miles that way everyones dead" "6 miles that way everyones dead". Randomly, some guy stands up and says "Hey it doesn't seem to be happening 90 miles west of here" and then the ENTIRE TOWN jumps into cars, like teenagers at the street races who just saw a cop, and drive off without warning.

7. Cheese and Crackers.

8. Hot dogs get a bad rap.

9. Yes, she DID bring the mustard. In fact, she brought a whole cooler of it.

10. When confronted with airborne pathogens, your first defense is NOT to wear gas masks, but to drive around the countryside with the windows down, then ditch the cars and go walking through a forest.

11. Children get blown away with shotguns in the ONLY gratifying seconds of this film.

12. The entire premise is explained basically like this:

"It was plants, but why and how, well that's something we'll never understand"

13. My bicycle.

14. Don't get caught eyeing her lemon-drink.

15. If you reach for a cookie she'll slap your hand, yell at you, then proceed to hand you the fucking cookie.

16. The main characters attempt to suicide kill the daughter. And fail.

17. The baby was Joey's.

18. John Lequizano is fucking INVINCIBLE. He can survive a car crash with a Jeep going 100mph and a tree without a scratch, while the rest of the passengers were ejected like 500 yards through the windshield.

19. A 1999 Jeep Wrangler can accelerate from 0 - 200mph in .7 seconds flat.

20. 5 minutes of this film involves Marky Mark talking to a plastic plant.

21. It's a MODEL HOME YOU FUCKING DUMB ASS. THAT'S WHY EVERYTHINGS PLASTIC AND FAKE.

22. That awesome lawn mower death? Not awesome.

23. There is one "spook" in this film, and it's brutally retarded. Mark walks into the old womans bedroom, and mistakes a 3' DOLL for the FULL GROWN WOMAN. Who he COMPLETELY ignores when he enters the room, and she yells at him for stealing?

24. M Night has the audacity to put himself in the movie, and the entire scene he's in he doesn't speak, but he looks around like someone who's being filmed. Great job.

25. Train conductors are dicks. They'll just dump you off in some bumfuck town in Pennsylvania without reason.

26. After 24 hours of running from an airborne pathogen, the female lead is told by the male lead to "CLOSE THE WINDOWS AND DOORS QUICK!" and her response is "Why?"

27. The movie attempts to scare you by showing an old lady slam her face through windows for 5 minutes. You know she's not attacking anyone because that's not what the pathogen does, shes just trying to kill her self. So really, you end up laughing your ass off as you listen to her walk around the outside of the house smacking her forehead against the walls.

This may sound like complaints, but for real, I was laughing so hard it hurt. The movie has a nice little intro where people are dying, you kind of feel like "hey this might be a nifty horror movie" then Mark Wahlberg appears and the entire movie just falls hilariously on it's face.

My recommendation. Get SHIT FACED drunk, and go watch this movie. Know that it is the WORST movie made in the last 20 years, and you will really have a fucking blast.

Otherwise you'll end up like the people next to me, and get all pissed that the guy next to you burst into laughter whenever someone on screen dies or speaks.

If you honestly think about it, there is no WAY that this movie was made seriously. I can't wait for the DVD to listen to M. Night talk about how he had a bet with a movie exec. that he could make the worst movie of all time.

revat619
06-15-2008, 05:51 AM
^^^

Greatest film review EVAR.

roorr0
06-15-2008, 07:58 AM
24. M Night has the audacity to put himself in the movie, and the entire scene he's in he doesn't speak, but he looks around like someone who's being filmed. Great job.

Are you talking about the train scene? I thought it was him sitting next to her...but in the credits M. Night played Joey.

***Spoiler***

Oh to add to your list. In the scene where Mark Walberg is talking to the kid in the dinning room of the model home you see the boom/over head microphone come into the screen.hahaha.

aNskY
06-15-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm glad it got spoiled, i would've wasted $30+ on this movie had i not read reviews on car forums lol

aziankingz
06-15-2008, 10:08 AM
its pretty dumb for someone to post a spoiler on a thread about the movie, when it just premiered friday. some people, although a shitty movie to you, would still watch it for the twists. but thanks for telling me it sucks bc i was pretty close to spending $22 bucks, plus popcorn/soda watching that shit.

lolatclint
06-15-2008, 10:41 AM
lol im glad i didn't watch it. i was gonna but i chose hulk instead ^_^ and it was pretty shweet >:O

LookOut Nick
06-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I walked out...

beeracing s14
06-15-2008, 11:53 AM
ill watch this movie as one of the movies ill be hopping in once i pay for HuLK!

ronmcdon
06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
yep, some movies are enjoyed best when NOT sober. :)

LimeLite Racing
06-15-2008, 12:14 PM
yep, some movies are enjoyed best when NOT sober. :)

LMAO! so true....so true.....

I'm gonna go see this tonight....After a fat bottle of Jager....

mmmmmmmm...

ESmorz
06-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Squidd I'd posi rep you for that review, but I have to spread some around first lol.

This movie just looked terrible, maybe we will never see M. Night Shamlamdingdong for awhile.

allntrlundrgrnd
06-15-2008, 01:20 PM
with the exception of 6th sense and unbreakable, all of his movies have blown dick pretty hard. Ill probably get more enjoyment out of reading this thread.

aNskY
06-15-2008, 02:11 PM
^ Signs is watchable

singlecamslam
06-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Movie sucked majorly. Squidd hit it right on the nail. The movie was more of a comedy than a thriller. i had some special brownies before i went to see that movie and i still felt ripped off. Do NOT watch it. Seriously.

karl wasabi
06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
LMAO. That was the biggest piece of shit movie I have ever seen. haha. I think M. Night is seriously doing this on purpose to fuck with us. He is seriously just laughing at all the people who go and watch his movies.

I watched the movie with Squidd and some others. (Skylar would not shut up. He seriously laughed the entire goddamn movie. haha.) Yes it was fucking funny, and I WAS laughing at most of the shit too, and then it got like, wow, it's not going to stop. The cheesyness would not stop, and then I thought, maybe I should try to take this movie seriously. That didn't work either. haha. Half the theater was making comments the entire time and just chuckling at everything. Squidd summed up the movie better than anyone ever could. :bigok:

I would recommend watching this movie just to see how much it sucks. haha.

I think I'm watching it again?????? :bash:

GSXRJJordan
06-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Movie was horrible... I actually checked Zilvia for "the happening" before I went to go see it (on Friday, opening day), and I wish this thread would have been around...

We were at the Arclight on Sunset, and they had the Hulk playing in the Dome, we sooooo should have gone to that.

Squidd's movie review was right on.

yudalicious
06-15-2008, 05:23 PM
thanks for saving me the money and time. shamalan should just make a movie about him sucking so much at making movies.

GoodOl'S13
06-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for saving me $20.

goldee240
06-15-2008, 10:10 PM
just watched it on sat the movie blows not worth your time + money

dued
06-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I saw this movie earlier today.

I will admit that the acting was sub-par (laughed a few times). Everything else was really interesting though. I enjoy this guys movies, especially The Village & Lady in the Water. I like the way that this guy tells a story, they seem pretty genuine.

Thursday
06-16-2008, 12:06 AM
fuck it.

i liked it.

the acting sucked my dick. but i think it was supposed to be like that becuase there is NO WAY anyone can suck so hard at acting esp. mr funky bunch

origin_s135
06-16-2008, 02:35 AM
movie was not good. throughout the movie, i was laughing because all the shit that had happened in the movie is fucking funny/lame/retarded. plus, i was high as a satellite while watching it.

The ROMAN
06-16-2008, 07:16 AM
No problem to all the thanks and reps (negative ones too lol). I saw this today and just can't resist.

http://thehappening.ytmnd.com/

exitspeed
06-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Seriously, TheSquidd best movie review ever. Thanks for making my decision between seeing this and the Hulk real easy.

hunter8411
06-17-2008, 01:56 AM
WoW Squidd you hit that movie dead on. Saw it for free tonight after watching Kung Fu Panda with the wife.

So horrible....but pretty funny.

origin_s135
06-17-2008, 04:02 AM
today i was telling everyone i know about this movie, i told them it was a GOOD movie though. can't wait till i see them again.

Suk02Si
06-17-2008, 10:51 AM
its pretty dumb for someone to post a spoiler on a thread about the movie, when it just premiered friday. some people, although a shitty movie to you, would still watch it for the twists. but thanks for telling me it sucks bc i was pretty close to spending $22 bucks, plus popcorn/soda watching that shit.

Pretty dumb for someone to read a thread about a movie and expect not to see spoilers and possible discussion about the movie itself.

Mi Beardo es Loco
06-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Pretty dumb for someone to read a thread about a movie and expect not to see spoilers and possible discussion about the movie itself.
But it's a pretty common thing to put **SPOILER** ahead of their post. At the time, he did not have anything indicating that it was a spoiler, it just said "It's the plants". How would you like it if you were waiting in line for a movie and someone came out and yelled the ending Homer Simpson style? I came here wanting to know what people thought of it, as did many others.

StaticX27
06-22-2008, 07:55 AM
+1 to TheSquidd.

About the only thing I can add to that is that the Executive producer's name in the credits was Screwvala... A combination of fatique and disdain for this movie morphed that into Screw ya'll. If the theater wasn't nice and cool outside, I would have wanted my money back. But since $10 is cheaper than running the a/c for 2-3 hours, I say the movie succeeded in at least saving a couple bucks.