PDA

View Full Version : should i paint my car? need zilvian help

sxe
05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Alrite, so my 240 is all white, except the hood, which is primer grey.
The problem is there are like 3 different whites, many little scratches and the white has a nice yellow haze to it(even after claybarring it).

I am also trying to sell my car for funds mainly needed to go to college,
and buy a dd, not to mention the local cops fuckin hate me and know
my car (was handcuffed and detained for like 2 hours while they tried to figure out what kind of engine i had after i told em it was stock,:bowrofl: had a sr20, ended up driving away with a ticket for no front plate). :zzz:^^^^long explanation

anyways, my car is in pretty good condition except for the 3 tone silvia front and what not, interior is like 7/10 engine is 9/10, BUT it hasnt had too many offers(not even lowballing, except one), and im wondering if its because shes not beautiful enough on the outside, ive got some picture so you guys can see what im workin with.

I know it really wont get me any more money for my car. But maybe it will make it more appealing to the buyer?

So, should i paint my car before trying to sell it?

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk70/whaaapppsshhh/IMG_0976-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk70/whaaapppsshhh/IMG_0974.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk70/whaaapppsshhh/IMG_0975-1.jpg

RiversideS13
05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
i think you should just sell it AS IS because most of buyer of S13 had a set budget for how much they are willing to pay for a S13. Or maybe you will get some cheap paint job and your new buyers might not like it. so just sell it as is to save your self a head ache.

Driven08
05-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Nice car.

I also agree that you should just leave it as is to let the new owner decide on what color to paint it. It will save you some cash from spending more money on it.

DUFFM4N
05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
go to home depot...buy 5-6 cans of whatever color primer you want....get the car ONE shade of primer, and sell it

hotlavaflow
05-19-2008, 10:46 PM
The only thing I don't like are the huge sideskirts with stock front and back. How much are you asking? I'm not in the market but just curious if that's what's hurting you. Sell as is don't waste the $$$ on paint.

sxe
05-19-2008, 11:00 PM
thanks for the input^^^ yea, i bought the sideskirts thinking they would look different, but theyre all huge and stuff. i was trying to sell it for around 6k, which is pretty reasonable. i put it on craigslist and have gotten one call (its been almost 2 weeks) :wtf:

infinitexsound
05-19-2008, 11:14 PM
go to a auto paint store or a paint store that sells auto stuff..... transtar rattle can primer it..... and be done..... dont use shitty rattle can primer.... it looks aweful...i did mines white...looks good... or just maaco it one color... solid no metalic and color sand it... you could get an extra 1k or more for the new paint...

drift-it
05-19-2008, 11:44 PM
your car sucks, and you sound like a troll...

Vision Garage
05-20-2008, 12:02 AM
remove sideskirts, paint another color and the cops will go away.

MaD1337M3DRiV3r
05-20-2008, 12:08 AM
50 dollar paint job!

http://www.rickwrench.com/index79master.htm?http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html

also add a front lip off the zenki

an_orange_s2k
05-20-2008, 12:57 AM
painting the car wont really do anything. nowadays people are looking to buy the cheapest 240 out there (since there are so many) and the market your trying to appeal to is pretty slim. many (if not most) would rather buy a bone stock car and work on it themselves, just safer and more satisfying. your best bet if you want to make more money is to part it out. its troublesome and a pain but thats my .02

downshift_sideways
05-20-2008, 12:59 AM
shut the hell up!

DRavenS13
05-20-2008, 01:47 AM
If you paint it, you might end up liking it and not wanting to sell it. I would suggest just selling as is.

emersonLP
05-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Instead of spending extra money to paint it, just drop the price some. Thatll be more effective.

hotlavaflow
05-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Instead of spending extra money to paint it, just drop the price some. Thatll be more effective.

Agreed. Most S13 buyers aren't looking to spend 6k.

sxe
05-20-2008, 02:10 PM
well, fuck, i geuss im just gonna lose money on the car, i bought it for almost the same price im trying to sell it for and i bought it minus the silvia front end, and other miscellaneous mods.

If i was to try and sell all the little shit thats on it like the turbo timer, sound system, maybe rims? etc. would it really be worth it?

Oh, and all the cop shit happened when she was all one color chuki and skirtless and with some old school autobahn meshies

azndoc
05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Sell it as it is.

Your just spending that much more money on paint.

Save it.

Let the next owner worry about it.

Baka Sama
05-20-2008, 04:45 PM
well, fuck, i geuss im just gonna lose money on the car, i bought it for almost the same price im trying to sell it for and i bought it minus the silvia front end, and other miscellaneous mods.

If i was to try and sell all the little shit thats on it like the turbo timer, sound system, maybe rims? etc. would it really be worth it?

Oh, and all the cop shit happened when she was all one color chuki and skirtless and with some old school autobahn meshies

Yes you're are gonna lose money. Sell the small stuff like you mentioned (turbo timer, sound system, etc.) Burn those sideskirts. They look hideous. If you can put back on the regular front end you'll make a little money by selling the silvia front separate. You have to understand no one will have your same taste so painting the car wont do any good. Try to get it back to looking like a regular 240sx with a sr20. Sell it for 4k and be done.

Flipzide
05-20-2008, 04:52 PM
thanks for the input^^^ yea, i bought the sideskirts thinking they would look different, but theyre all huge and stuff. i was trying to sell it for around 6k, which is pretty reasonable. i put it on craigslist and have gotten one call (its been almost 2 weeks) :wtf:

I saw the ad, but I didnt like the description and lack of high res pics...

Next time you put up an ad, include the high res pics you put in this thread instead of uploading it on craigslist and an accurate list that's easy to read... presentation of an Ad helps in the sale of a car...

Good luck with your sale though. You'll find someone eventually :bigok: .

blacklable245
05-20-2008, 05:00 PM
ill buy the front end, then you wont have to worry about different colors, then all you have to do is tell the buyers you sold the front end and they have to find a new one...

...problem solved