PDA

View Full Version : weird vibration....

((sr)) kelly
05-17-2008, 05:17 PM
my car will sometimes get a weird random vibration... but only when i go throough deep puddles... the car will slightly vibrate. i can feel it bad throught the seat... jw if this has happened to anyone else or if anyone knows what it might be?

s13Carlo
05-17-2008, 06:24 PM
uhhhh welllll, bad struts? or you have some shitty roads where you live

got boost??
05-17-2008, 08:48 PM
be more specific. only wen you go through puddles? like water? what does the vibration feel like?

((sr)) kelly
05-18-2008, 02:31 PM
it feels like the engine is vibrating.. only when i go through decent size water puddles....

it beats me what it is...

Slammed180
05-18-2008, 03:02 PM
flooding the engine maybe? lol

JohnJohn86
05-18-2008, 03:03 PM
You expect your car ride as smooth as a boat going through water puddles?

I think it is normal, may be get all season tires?

((sr)) kelly
05-18-2008, 06:14 PM
no no no...

it goes through them fine.. then the engine will act kinda rough and itll slightly shake the car.. i can feel the rev of the engine on my ass through the seat... sometimes it will last for a minute or 2

got boost??
05-18-2008, 06:48 PM
more than likely water getting in your motor. is it ka or sr?? if turbo'd, is your engine bay cut for the ic piping?? probably water getting splashed to your intake. its vibrating cause its mis firing so bad from water getting in your cylinders. it is lasting a min or 2 because its workin the water out of your motor Also why are you driving throught deep puddles in the first place??

-and do you have and boost leaks?? water could also be gettin in through and couplers that arnt tightened all the way

shade
05-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Water is getting sucked in. Must be a big puddle. How is your intake setup?

((sr)) kelly
05-19-2008, 09:34 AM
no water is getting in at all..... i have a sr20det and the intake is by the head light... im just talking about like 3 inch puddles or so..

Adam240
05-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Well like everyone else here stated. If its only happoning when you go through water, guess what it is. Its probably from the water getting to your motor after you splash through it.
But if you say its when you go through a deep puddle, thats a good indication you should avoid puddles.

((sr)) kelly
05-19-2008, 09:50 AM
well i mean sometimes it will happen if its just raining too....

i have a vented hood ... do you think its from water getting on my belts?

got boost??
05-19-2008, 12:13 PM
listen. its water getting in your motor i will guarantee it. water getting on your belts will do nothing but maby make them slip, if that.

((sr)) kelly
05-19-2008, 12:18 PM
no its not getting in my motor.... it still runs fine..just has a slight vibration that i can only feel in my ass lol.. it feels as if the tranny is slightly loose or something idk

here is a list of my mods..

Tein flex
every part of my suspension has been replaced with nismo, cusco, and tein.
sr20det
greddy oil pan
vlsd
fianza flywheel
nismo mounts
yaada yaada yaaada

Slammed180
05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
how do you know there's no water getting into the engine? There's only one variable here. It doesn't shake when it's dry driving conditions, but it shakes when it's wet driving conditions. Obviously water is the problem. Steer clear of it. 240's were never meant to be amphibious.

dino6192
05-19-2008, 01:50 PM
for real. just listen to everyone else here and agree there is a good chance its water getting inside somehow. good example for you.....The first time I oiled my intake filter I used a little to much and the MAF must have picked up too much moisture. my engine was struggling (vibrating) like crazy. I 'm thinking water from the puddles your driving thru would do the same .

Coupe_Love89
05-19-2008, 02:34 PM
yeah dude i work for mercedes and we have the same problems with our cars because of the filter location but water is getting in somehow like through your hood vent when it rains or underneath when going though puddles. you should find a way to stop water from getting in, not drive your car in the rain, or just let it keep happening till you bend a rod

got boost??
05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
ok how about this, put some sort of metal/alluminum/plastic box or shield around your intake. drive it in the rain or through some puddles. and come back and post up if it still does this vibration/shaking

Coupe_Love89
05-19-2008, 05:55 PM
ok how about this, put some sort of metal/alluminum/plastic box or shield around your intake. drive it in the rain or through some puddles. and come back and post up if it still does this vibration/shaking
best plan only make sure it still gets air.