PDA

View Full Version : Good News For Some of You Cali Residents...

WERDdabuilder
05-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Calif. Supreme Court Overturns Gay Marriage Ban
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS) ― The California Supreme Court overturned a ban on gay marriage Thursday, paving the way for California to become the second state where gay and lesbian residents can marry.

i dont get why they didn't do this along time again, let these gays get married and show them marriage is a scamfest and marriage is not all that its cracked out to be.

now they should change the law to let gays marry and straights can't haha.

edit: new article. thanks brian.

Brian
05-15-2008, 05:07 PM
September 6th?

gabe30
05-15-2008, 08:51 PM
umm whoo?

i think the biggest issue for states allowing gay marriages was due to the "full faith and credit act."

its like our driver license. the state issues you one and all other states, even though lets say its a CA license, must allow you to drive in their states. the license acts as a legal document for the road even though it was issued in CA.

the "full faith and credit act" says that if one state allows something, then other states must abide it. this also applies to marriages.

hence if one state goes "gay" then all states must allow it and subliminally says that they are going "gay." you can see why it is difficult for states to allow this..

what are we now? the 3rd state to approve of this? massachusetts and hawaii allow it correct?

DOOK
05-15-2008, 09:00 PM
umm whoo?

i think the biggest issue for states allowing gay marriages was due to the "full faith and credit act."

its like our driver license. the state issues you one and all other states, even though lets say its a CA license, must allow you to drive in their states. the license acts as a legal document for the road even though it was issued in CA.

the "full faith and credit act" says that if one state allows something, then other states must abide it. this also applies to marriages.

hence if one state goes "gay" then all states must allow it and subliminally says that they are going "gay." you can see why it is difficult for states to allow this..

what are we now? the 3rd state to approve of this? massachusetts and hawaii allow it correct?

having a homosexual brother, I know a little bit on this subject... if one state allows homosexual marriage, that DOES NOT make it requisite for all other states to allow said marriage. Now, assuming the couple moves into a state that does not allow gay marriage, that does not mean their marriage is null and void, all states have to RECOGNIZE the union, all states do not have to allow them to be performed.

l20bdime
05-15-2008, 09:07 PM
i say who cares. It seems all of our Laws are still based on Christian values when a huge number of people dont live by those values. Im not against religion, i think people should do whatever they want and they should let gay people be married and they should let christians have bible statues in public places and they should let witches make potions.

azndoc
05-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Congrats to John and Steve.

May you have a wonderful life together.

Wait you are as one already.

PhAtXSuMo
05-15-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah i couldn't understand why they wouldn't pass this in the first place...

think about the past.. interracial marriages were banned right? then it was passed

isn't it the same as that?

i'm catholic and i know what is right and what is wrong

but laws shouldn't stand in the way

gabe30
05-16-2008, 02:03 AM
having a homosexual brother, I know a little bit on this subject... if one state allows homosexual marriage, that DOES NOT make it requisite for all other states to allow said marriage. Now, assuming the couple moves into a state that does not allow gay marriage, that does not mean their marriage is null and void, all states have to RECOGNIZE the union, all states do not have to allow them to be performed.

well my point wasnt that each state has to permit and perform gay marriages. its quite obvious that the state has to acknowledge it do to this act but does not mean that that individual state has to also approve of it.

my point being was that, for quite some time, it was quite difficult for congress to agree due to the disagreement from other states. especially that of which are hardcore anti-gay marriages.

ayuaddict
05-16-2008, 02:38 AM
being a citizen of the US, i can now marry a man to get him citizenship.

they pay like $50,000+ for that shizzz yo!

HyperTek
05-16-2008, 03:02 AM
punkass, i was hoping this thread was no smog/ law related lol

revat619
05-16-2008, 03:09 AM

hahaha you and me both.

SDS13COUPE
05-16-2008, 09:34 AM
:( Me three^

Vision Garage
05-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Haha. Thank god im in Socal. San Fran must be having the time of its life right now.

SW20Racer
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM
being a citizen of the US, i can now marry a man to get him citizenship.

they pay like $50,000+ for that shizzz yo!

holy shit you took the words right out of my mouth.

wont be eatin no guvment cheese tonite!
http://www.greedyaffiliate.com/images/cheese.jpg

ThatGuy
05-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Related news:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/421121727_34ae3ae0f6.jpg
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/05/16/ellen-marriage.html

Good for them. :rawk:
I always liked Ellen. She cracks me up. :rofl:

WERDdabuilder
05-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Haha. Thank god im in Socal. San Fran must be having the time of its life right now.

SF and West Hollywood.

Andrew Bohan
05-16-2008, 01:02 PM
ok same sex marriage... check

next, same family marriage! i should be able to marry my daughter if i want!

Avante
05-16-2008, 06:39 PM
this is what my friends mother said:

"the california legislature is going to have to answer to God for that one."

...surprisingly, I'm Buddhist, I have nothing against same-sex marriage, or homosexuals, for that matter.

...but i think she might be right.

:O

Andrew Bohan
05-16-2008, 06:46 PM
i just want to go speak to whoever wants to ban same sex marriage and say

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE?

adrians_s13
05-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Congrats to John and Steve.

May you have a wonderful life together.

Wait you are as one already.

:rofl:

muddafakka
05-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Hahaha I thought this thread was gonna be about something related to cars.

05-16-2008, 06:50 PM
How about this?

If two men or two women can marry... why can't I legally marry 3 women?
The marriage of two members the same sex goes against the whole institution of what marriage is.... so why shouldn't polygamists be allowed to marry. Where do you draw the line?

mar·riage http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png Pronunciation –noun 1.the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

I am in no way against homosexuality... i'm just merely bringing up an interesting topic for discussion.

ThatGuy
05-16-2008, 06:54 PM
In certain areas, under certain religions, you may do just that Shiatsu.

05-16-2008, 06:55 PM
In certain areas, under certain religions, you may do just that Shiatsu.

I'm talking about the U.S only though.

azndoc
05-16-2008, 06:58 PM
And now if they'll only legalize polygamy.

But just the whole multiple wife thing allowed.

Not the whole incest or underage girl thing.

Just multiple, non-family related, non-underage girls thing wife thing.

05-16-2008, 07:01 PM
And now if they'll only legalize polygamy.

But just the whole multiple wife thing allowed.

Not the whole incest or underage girl thing.

Just multiple, non-family related, non-underage girls thing wife thing.

Haha i dunno man... i have trouble with just the 1 girl I have now.

azndoc
05-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Haha i dunno man... i have trouble with just the 1 girl I have now.

Hence (Texas can't afford dimples, can afford tires, but can't afford more than one girl)

Andrew Bohan
05-16-2008, 07:04 PM
mo' wives mo' problems

ThatGuy
05-16-2008, 07:04 PM
At one time the Mormons of the United States Midwest could, although I believe you are right and the US now forbids it.

:bow:

Andrew Bohan
05-16-2008, 07:07 PM
i'm down with banning the brand of polygamy where the women have no choice in anything, and can never leave the community.

hippie style polygamy would be cool though.

worangejuice
05-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Or....Gay polygomy!hiiiyooooo!! wow, super household sausage fest, it would be a very rich house, never heard of one.
I actually live in Weho and it will really make no difference here, 'cept maybe a parade or something. Good for them. Yeah, who cares if gays get married.
Ellen is getting some mad hott poontang!!
props Ellen.
Hmmm, I'm also Mormon and I was watching the Oprah Polygomist thing with the GF and it creeped me out. Causethey do all the things regular Mormons do in the LDS Church, Except in a hole Cult creepy way. It really is F'd up how those Polygomist regimes function with the fixed marriages and underage girls. F'd up.
People always freak when they find out I'm Mormon. Just another religion, nah'mean?
I also don't care whatreligions other people are. Long as you're good people.
Wow, i just brought religion into this thing, crap.

azndoc
05-16-2008, 07:10 PM
http://www.absalom.com/mormon/polygamy/faq.htm

some cool info about polygamy.

05-16-2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.absalom.com/mormon/polygamy/faq.htm

some cool info about polygamy.

good find.

Federal law prohibits polygamy in the territories. Federal law also does not provide legal recognition of polygamy. It defines marriage as one man, and one woman.

I'm sure California is the same way... but changing the definition of marriage for two men or two women? It's definitely a good argument for polygamists to say why they would change the definition of marriage for two men or two women and not one man with multiple women.

revat619
05-16-2008, 07:35 PM
our world is entirely beyond fucked up

SW20Racer
05-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Not the whole underage girl thing.

what? why?!
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6710/jailbait203sf7.jpg

azndoc
05-16-2008, 07:49 PM
^^^^ She looks like a surprised cat to me for some reason.

Ummmm yeah 18 years old is fine by me.

Just not under.

SDS13COUPE
05-16-2008, 09:23 PM
what? why?!
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6710/jailbait203sf7.jpg
If not flip it over and play in the mudd...

Matej
05-16-2008, 10:04 PM
All marriage should be illegal!

flclsteve
05-16-2008, 10:07 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8218/jackass22ix2.jpg
lol oh so silly.

articdragon192
05-17-2008, 08:13 PM
How about this?

If two men or two women can marry... why can't I legally marry 3 women?
The marriage of two members the same sex goes against the whole institution of what marriage is.... so why shouldn't polygamists be allowed to marry. Where do you draw the line?

mar·riage http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png Pronunciation –noun 1.the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

I am in no way against homosexuality... i'm just merely bringing up an interesting topic for discussion.

Slippery slope fallacy right there buddy. Taking one example and taking it to an extreme is not a good way of arguing for or against something.

ESmorz
05-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I don't even know if this deserves a thread... It's such a "who gives a shit" matter.

If two dudes want to join the ranks of the unhappily married, let em. Who cares?

If you do care... you might have some deeper issues to look into.

98s14inaz
05-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Who cares? Let them marry, they can be miserable and end up divorced like 60% of the straight couples....yaaaaaaay marriage.

bardabe
05-17-2008, 08:41 PM
^^^^ lol what he said.

bardabe
05-17-2008, 08:43 PM
If not flip it over and play in the mudd...

fuck it I'd bang her.

flip3d
05-17-2008, 08:47 PM
I dont want to know your name. I just want... bang bang bang.

BBSilvia
05-17-2008, 11:22 PM
whats what i thought....but who cares if they wanna get married let them

Tenchuu
05-18-2008, 12:15 AM

+1 on that. it is adding a non correct definition to a word. now if they want an equal institution, i think homosexuals would get allot farther with that idea than with the gay marriage thing. The dictionary is against gay marriage, so why don't they just picket for the term life partner to be accepted by insurance companies. isn't this really what it's all about? inheritance, insurance, and taxes?. give the term life partner a state sanctioned backing and make it accepted from the federal, state, and insurance levels and allot of people quit complaining. done and done.