PDA

View Full Version : 90 landowne coupe 240sx

elfenguard911
05-14-2008, 09:07 AM
its a black 5 speed coupe with 103k. its my daily driver and i put 50 miles a day on it to and from school. its got alot into from when i initailly got it havent had it that long but with what id like to do i just dont feel like doing to this one. heres what was done. and by the way it is NOT CONVERTIBLE!!!ITS A LANDOWNE TOP!!

93 manual crank door panels

driver crank replaced with one from 93

replaced driver side mirror

new front speakers

it has 17 inch rims with bfgoodrich gforce tires 215/45zr17 in front 225/50zr17 in back

new plugs wires cap and rotor

new rear pads and rotors

new reverse lights

new driver side inner and outer tie rod end

replaced rack and pinion from a 93

93 driver seat stock

custom welded 2.5 to 3 in tip exhaust catback

dual cd player headunit

this is everything ive done to it. its got a small dent on passenger side fender and it needs driver side fender marker. and the rear bumper is cracked. and lastly its got a patch of missing carpet on drivers floor plus it got stupid purple tint thats easily flaking off rear window. car runs very strong. its got pretty low miles for its age. i think it sat for a little while by the condition it was in when i got it.i can get more pics up upon request.

im looking for either trades or around $3000 for it im flexible so that isnt a firm price i would just like to come out about even from where i started on all this. im not trying to do any (thats just the desire rate) bullshit. no i just would like to be where i started on all this as we all do.

elfenguard911
05-16-2008, 10:08 AM
now has the catback installed
inspection good til 3-09
sway bar links are to be put on when i get a chance
i found out this is an aftermarket landowne and i found out who did it...IT WAS DONE IN JERSEY!!! i can see about removal if desired windows and all are still on the car. if roof rot then it will be handled by me so buyer would only have to pay for removal and if nessecary repair

tr4c3
05-17-2008, 07:12 AM
I was just wondering how much it would cost to convert it back to coupe? Do you have any estimates yet? Also, is there any rust?

elfenguard911
05-19-2008, 10:34 AM
underbody has a rust under driver floor since the carpet wore away and the last owner tracked water it seems. the car has a sticker from the shop that put the top on an dive still got to call to make sure there even still in business. im not sure if any water got under the top but im too weary about if it is and i cant get the cover back on then how it would look so im just bitching out on that but ill give the shop a call or if there gone then ill get local estimates

mrmephistopheles
05-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Fucking East Coast.

Someone buy this thing and rip that LANDAU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landau_(car)) top off.

I swear to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, that's gotta be THE most horrible idea ever conceived.

frosti108
05-19-2008, 02:39 PM
^ hahahahaahah

who does that... oh wow i just realized your right in norristown. theres def some people in that town crazy enough to put fabric on a 240sx or whatever happened there

tr4c3
05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm interested, but I want to make sure the top is fine, and I do not want that ugly vert wannabe on it. How bad is the rust? Surface, or can we see the road?

elfenguard911
05-20-2008, 08:43 AM
hey hey hey it wasnt done around here the sticker in the trunk says it was done in dirty jersey

mrmephistopheles
05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
hey hey hey it wasnt done around here the sticker in the trunk says it was done in dirty jersey

That makes alot more sense, Jersey is the bad-taste capitol of the world.

I retract my former statement, don't take the top off - someone buy this car and give it a Viking funeral.

elfenguard911
05-20-2008, 10:00 AM
That makes alot more sense, Jersey is the bad-taste capitol of the world.

I retract my former statement, don't take the top off - someone buy this car and give it a Viking funeral.

yea cuz thats why im hesitating on it cuz i love the car and it may be getting coilovers soon but that top really blocks your view in reverse

elfenguard911
05-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm interested, but I want to make sure the top is fine, and I do not want that ugly vert wannabe on it. How bad is the rust? Surface, or can we see the road?

you def cant see that cat you just ran over but it is something that should and can be fixed i just want something good on gas since i commute to school and work everyday

tr4c3
05-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Hey, sorry man, but I've decided to keep my civic and I'm borrowing the cash to pick up the coupe I was looking at. I don't want to get into a project as a daily driver and I want to build a 240 when I get one again.

elfenguard911
05-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey, sorry man, but I've decided to keep my civic and I'm borrowing the cash to pick up the coupe I was looking at. I don't want to get into a project as a daily driver and I want to build a 240 when I get one again.

no prob im off today so im getting local estimates to get the top taking off

elfenguard911
05-22-2008, 08:39 AM
the beast is gone no more hideous top!!! im posting pics