PDA

View Full Version : Remote starter for MTX

KingKong8247
11-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Hey, Does anyone know where I can get a car alarm with a remote starter for manual transmission? Maybe I havnt looked hard enough or what but I just cant seem to find one. I have found just a remote starter for MTX but I want both. Thanks a lot

hotdogg
11-24-2002, 09:56 PM
Aladdin 2000, i believe rollhard.com (http://www.rollhard.com)sells them.

s14slide
11-24-2002, 10:18 PM
I think if you get a remote starter for your MT you'll have to disable the switch just under your clutch pedal. It's a safety thing so you don't start your car in gear w/ the clutch out. It's easy to bypass(just a switch). That's probably why you have yet to find a remote starter for a manual tranny. Just get the rem. starter you like or alarm sys. w/ that feature and just bypass the switch. Just remember to never leave you car parked in gear or you'll be watching it roll down the road or hit you house w/ no one in it. My old neighbor did that w/ his civic. He had it in there for about a year and then let his g/f drive the car that night. Well in the morning when he went to start the car(it was cold) it jumped forward and went halfway into his garage b/c his girl 4got about the starter and left if in first. I laughed all morning while I sat in my cold car waiting for it to warm up. Just something to burn into your memory if you decide to get it for sure.

my bad man.  I just gave you a whole story and tech on something you didn't even ask for.  Maybe I should pay attention more to what I'm reading.  Well I told a little story and hopefully someone got a laugh out of it.  My complacency, your laugh.  Oh well.

KingKong8247
11-25-2002, 01:31 PM
Hey thanks for the story It gave me a little chuckle so I will be sure to remember not to leave it in gear. I just hate having to go outside to warm up my car ya know

Also that site doesnt work I searched on google and it still didnt work maybe just for now though Ill try later. Thanks

s14slide
11-25-2002, 02:09 PM
try groupbuycenter.com.  I always see them on there for pretty good prices.