PDA

View Full Version : Reverse license plate lookup

steve_o1989
05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Is there a way to do a reverse license plate look up to find the owner of a vehicle? I did a quick google search and there a bunch of sites, but you need to buy a membership and quite frankly I don't think that is worth it to look up one plate.

Maybe someone knows of a cheap/free alternative (other than knowing a cop) Or perhaps someone here could get access and help me out? It is a Canadian plate, but by the looks of the sites I checked out, that wouldn't matter.

Thanks for any help.

SW20Racer
05-14-2008, 12:26 AM
wow, that sounded like a trustworthy pitch.:keke:

the membership is worth it. it's like $20 a year or whatever and you can look up ANYONE who pisses you off while you're driving and mail them boxes of dogshit till the day they die. that sounds pretty fucking awesome to me

luftrofl
05-14-2008, 12:27 AM
------------------------------

ESmorz
05-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Group buy on a membership? haha

TiNMAN
05-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Group buy on a membership? haha

im with it, holla.

05-14-2008, 01:59 AM
while we're at it, can we group buy a reverse phone # lookup membership?

tell me that shit would come in handy for a lot of people? no?

steve_o1989
05-14-2008, 08:02 AM
haha I liked my pitch..

If the membership actually works and guaruntees results then it would be worth it, but on one site I was reading it said that you might not get what you are looking for with those membership sites.

We should make a zilvia account, or a few of us toss together $5-10 each and make an account.

steve_o1989
05-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Ok, so I pay my $40 and sign up for one of these sites, and all it does is direct you to other site to look things up, and then you have to pay for those. I am pretty pissed off, kinda thinking of disputing it because I paid with paypal.

just1pepsi
05-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Yeah, dispute it. Good call paying with paypal.

SW20Racer
05-14-2008, 08:20 AM
aw...:confused:
dispute it, they didnt offer what they promised.
ill see if i cant find anything.

1five10
05-14-2008, 08:23 AM
There is a Privacy Act that started a while ago that prohibits the DMV in California from giving out any personal information. Some actress was stalked and murdered after receiving info from the DMV..

SW20Racer
05-14-2008, 08:31 AM
hmmm...sounds a little dissapointing to hear it put so plainly.

http://ezinearticles.com/?License-Plate-Search---How-to-Trace-License-Plate-Numbers-Online&id=478904

SW20Racer
05-14-2008, 08:34 AM
There is a Privacy Act that started a while ago that prohibits the DMV in California from giving out any personal information. Some actress was stalked and murdered after receiving info from the DMV..

very true, but he's in saskatchewan. he'll be ok i think.
best bet is to make buddies with a cop.

just1pepsi
05-14-2008, 08:49 AM
according to crime drama's on TV, a cop can get in deep if they run plates for no reason.

jackjack
05-14-2008, 09:46 AM
^yeah right.

sold one of my cars 4 months ago. went to my local police department to file a neighborhood complaint, and they told me someone recently ran my plates (the ones i destroyed). anyway... someone came to my house in the middle of the night and poured paint all over my other car. go figure. when i asked who or why they ran my plates, they told me they couldnt give me any info. fawk them.

s13coupedrfter
05-14-2008, 11:12 AM
while we're at it, can we group buy a reverse phone # lookup membership?

tell me that shit would come in handy for a lot of people? no?

I tried that and got a membership. The number I looked up just gave me a city and zipcode, thats it. Lame.

!Zar!
05-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I tried that and got a membership. The number I looked up just gave me a city and zipcode, thats it. Lame.

Better start knocking on some doors.

Phlip
05-14-2008, 05:33 PM
I worry about what your reason for seeking this information is.
See, I am in NC, and if I know the NAME of the owner of a car, I stand a better chance of making that car legally mine, as far as the DMV is concerned.
See, I know several notaries personally, as well as a couple people with small dealer's licenses, so I could get a lost title form and bill of sale forged, notarized and sent off by the DMV. The DMV here trusts notaries enough to not ask questions, so BANG, I could basically make someone's car mine damn near anytime I wanted to, so long as there are no liens on it.
I need to know what you intend to do with this information.

240SX714
05-14-2008, 09:52 PM
I used the DMV's CVR database all day long at work where I can find out any vehicle's registered owner by it's VIN or license plate. It comes back with complete addresses of the registered owner, lien holder, etc... I never used it for personal reasons because they can track it back to my account, plus I don't really have a reason to anyways. The CVR has never been wrong.