PDA

View Full Version : Car got stolen and saw someone with my parts.

TooForOh
05-13-2008, 02:46 PM
So awhile back my nice lil hatch got stolen and i was depressed of course.

When i got it back from the towyard it was missing some parts like my exhaust system and rims speakers. etc. but it was still drivable.

So I put back the stock exhaust and all the other stuff that needed replacing + super duper bad ass alarm system.

But each time i see a s13 first thing i would look at is the exhaust in hopes ill find my exhaust. It was a apexi n1 BUT it was sort of like a one of a kind catback it had the resonator cut off and welded straight and i carved my name really hard on the tip. haha

So while driving around downey with a friend i see white hatch with an exhaust JUST like mine was and where the resonator is cut off its white JUST like mine was. but he pulled into some dealership with all these 240's cause im guessing it was a dealerships car.

me and my friend decide to pull over and start looking around like we are going to buy the car and to my suprise i look under the exhaust for my name and ITS THERE. I didnt confront anyone, i just took the information like plates and vin from the car and left!

now tell me what can i do cause i told the police this story and they say its not enough for them to do anything about it. :rant:

This ever happen to anyone?

tattoo131313
05-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Did the police have you fill out a report with all the items stolen from the car?

blasting_speed
05-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Take the police there. Hopefully you filled out a police report about the theft. Good luck man. Take the police and maybe a lawsuit in your favor. ahahahahaha

TooForOh
05-13-2008, 03:02 PM
yea i filed a report of the missing stuff, but i just told them i had a apexi n1 catback. i didnt mention the cut off resonater and my named carved on it.

if it had to come to it i would have to get it by force. lol

ALTRNTV
05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Well, you don't know if the guy who stole your
car sold it to the guy who has your exhaust now.

blackcoupe
05-13-2008, 03:06 PM
shouldve followed him to his house.

TooForOh
05-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Well, you don't know if the guy who stole your
car sold it to the guy who has your exhaust now.

what if that were the case? cause thats what i been thinking.

can i do anything about it if he bought it from the dude who stole my car?

TiNMAN
05-13-2008, 03:11 PM
i woulda dented all his body panels. no questions asked.

ALTRNTV
05-13-2008, 03:12 PM
You can ask him who he bought it from, but then
again, if he really did steal your car, he could just lie
about it.

S13Boosts
05-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Shoulda beat his ass WTF???!

((sr)) kelly
05-13-2008, 03:15 PM
confront him.. just act chill about the whole situation and say.. oh man nice s13.. i have one too.. where did you get your exhaust.. yadda yaada yaada..

if he says anything fishy.. punch him in the nuts

VROOOM
05-13-2008, 03:15 PM
was it United Motors?? if it is i would call the cops that place is shady.

rainier
05-13-2008, 03:17 PM
just go get it back, it has your NAME on it. walk up to the dealership, show them your police report, tell them your going to the cops unless they do something about it. tell them you scratched your name into it, find a reciept that shows you got a resonator cut off. or anything you can find.

shadey dealership FTL

90KAcoupe
05-13-2008, 03:18 PM
i would have casually asked the owner of the car where he got that kick ass exhuast. and that you had never seen one that was strait like that. and see how he reacts.. then start to look at it.. and go.. damn.. why is my name carved into it?? thats kinda weird.. and see how he reacts. then let him know whats going down..

touge monster
05-13-2008, 03:20 PM

+1 that place is hella shady.

ALTRNTV
05-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Wait... you live in Downey. United Motorsports is in
Downey and is notorious for shady business. Uh oh... time to
kick some ass.

TooForOh
05-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Wait... you live in Downey. United Motorsports is in
Downey and is notorious for shady business. Uh oh... time to
kick some ass.

I think thats the place.

But the sign says somthing about transmission work and has a REALLY red roof. But its next to some other dealership with crap cars.

:rl: :rl:

ALTRNTV
05-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Is it on Lakewood Blvd? By the Downey Studios?
I live 5 mins from there. I'll stop by later and look
around. :naughty:

TooForOh
05-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Iono if i can do this but this place and where i circled is where all the 240's are parked.

Google maps ftw.

http://i30.tinypic.com/rjlan8.jpg

azndoc
05-13-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm like 5 mins from there also.

Don't know the exact location but I know where the Downey Studio is.

WIKID S4TEEN
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Hell yeah, take matters into ur own hands.

If you walk in there demanding ur exhaust back, if they know it's hot, which you know they do, they'll give it back!

F' tha POLICE!

THEY AIN'T GONNA DO S**T!

CrimsonRockett
05-13-2008, 03:40 PM
What the hell? Jack, I didn't know you were local to me! Citytire is literally down the street from me. :D

azndoc
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
What the hell? Jack, I didn't know you were local to me! Citytire is literally down the street from me. :D

My work place is in paramount, right next to downey.

Call my assistant, we'll do lunch.

RiversideS13
05-13-2008, 04:17 PM
I think you can contact the officer who file your report, and they can investigate to catch those fuckers. Or at least i think you are the rightful owner of the exhaust, the officier should able to do something about the stolen property.

DUFFM4N
05-13-2008, 04:29 PM
as long as you provided the info of the kind of exhaust that was stolen from the car, let them know you had carved your name into it, anyone with common sense will put 2 n 2 together and you should be able to at least get the exhaust back, and it might even lead to where the rest of your parts are

TooForOh
05-13-2008, 04:32 PM
I think you can contact the officer who file your report, and they can investigate to catch those fuckers. Or at least i think you are the rightful owner of the exhaust, the officier should able to do something about the stolen property.

Thats what im going to be doing.

The officer who filed my report is goin to go with me to check this mess out. I hope it all goes good and i get my shit back + if can punch to the guy who had it!

05-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Interesting story. I bet at the time people were wondering why you carved your name into your exhaust, but now I bet you are glad you did.

Hope this works out in your favor and you get to kick someone who's responsible in the balls.

drift925
05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
steal it back......

joshchewuhh
05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
dude united motors is fucking sketch

i say we all show up with fire and pitchforks!

HyperTek
05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
might have to bookmark this thread.. GL hopefully this will turn good in your favor. Maybe you are close to cracking down on the 240 theft scene heheh.

Hopefully the cops wont say shit like "anyone could have the same exhaust etc". I dont have much faith in cops when it comes to car related issues.

Best not talk about it on this thread anymore , they might be on this forum and catch on who knows. but keep us updated

kouki_silvia
05-13-2008, 05:02 PM
same thing i was thinking...

Felix180sx
05-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Ill roll with you I dont like any of those rats

IS WAYNE BRADY GONNA HAVE TO SLAP A BITCH!!!!!!!!!

HyperTek
05-13-2008, 05:25 PM
hopefully justice gets surved so they dont do it again, if they stole.

VROOOM
05-13-2008, 05:37 PM
My work place is in paramount, right next to downey.

Call my assistant, we'll do lunch.
crazy i work on the border of long beach and paramount very close to united motors

tattoo131313
05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
You can have the officer that took your statement go with you to the dealership so you can identify your exhaust and catch them red handed with it.Just contact the officer in advance and explain that you just remembered that you engraved your name in it.Let the cops help you get your shit back.That's where your tax money goes.They're public servants.Make them work for you.If the guys that stole it get their ass in trouble with the law maybe they'll think twice about jacking someones shit next time.

Bobafreak
05-13-2008, 06:12 PM
wow this is intresting.....i wanna know the update on this shiz!

francogt1
05-13-2008, 06:15 PM
good luck man hopefully you get your shit back... i bet the owner or whom ever own the dealership has ppl stealing cars for him to sell - or parts

anyway good luck

DALAZ_68
05-13-2008, 06:20 PM
seriously good luck bro...sketching my name into my parts...i think i should do that aswell...addy and everything on there too...

its a great idea for finding ur stolen parts

((sr)) kelly
05-13-2008, 06:20 PM
if the cops want to be assholes then treat them like assholes.. thats the ONLY way to get people to do stuff these days.. Ive chewed out Paypal over the phone SOOO MAN TIMESSSSS

mifesto
05-13-2008, 06:27 PM
i believe even if they are not guilty but they purchased stolen goods, it will be confiscated without question.

luisgonz
05-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Ram those bastards in the ass. SHow them who's DADDY.lol Shit Like this just gets me all worked up to bash some fucken heads.

eastcoastS14
05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
i wonder if the BBB would be able to do anything about this....might not be a bad idea to contact them

stinky_180
05-13-2008, 06:35 PM
that is very interesting that you found someone with your exhaust with your named carved on it. i really hope there is an update. makes me want to marks some of my parts..... good luck man and please do keep us updated.

BustedS13
05-13-2008, 06:35 PM
i got a shotgun, and here's the plot
takin' s13's out in a flurry of buckshot

seriously shoot all their cars

ayuaddict
05-13-2008, 06:45 PM
dude.

California.

remember?

he gotta be politically correct and stuff.

=P

adrians_s13
05-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Iono if i can do this but this place and where i circled is where all the 240's are parked.

Google maps ftw.

http://i30.tinypic.com/rjlan8.jpg
duuude... I know that spot. Its down the street from my work. (I work on Lakewood ave Florence)..

I've heard stories about that place man... shit like they sell cars and steal them back or something like that. Theyre the same owners as Expo in Long Beach (which also has a bunch of modded 240s and corollas).

Quail
05-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Good work on marking your shit man; looks like it worked!!

Hope the outcome is good. The dealership sounds shaaaady

s14_legend
05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
hell yeah...kick them in the nuts while your at it

BustedS13
05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
dude.

California.

remember?

he gotta be politically correct and stuff.

=P

woah woah woah
ice cube was from california

well... you do have the right to protest. picket the motherfuckers if they don't give you your shit back

fromxtor
05-13-2008, 08:16 PM
etching your belongings is a really good idea these days.

AFSil80
05-13-2008, 08:30 PM
*subscribed*

I wanna see someone burn hard. Fuck thieves.

strongbads240
05-13-2008, 08:43 PM
dude united motors is fucking sketch

i say we all show up with fire and pitchforks!

:rl: hahaha am down just sounds shady from how u guys say it is...man good luck on gettin ur shit back !!

240love
05-13-2008, 09:23 PM
wow thats crazy.... im gonna mark my shit too now

TooForOh
05-13-2008, 09:33 PM
OK!

so the police officer lady who filed my report says she cant go with me and start pointing fingers and stuff saying that its mine.

EVEN THOUGH IT IS!!!!

but she did tell me that the place has been under surveillance for quite some time and i shouldn't do anything stupid like stealing it back. And took note that i etched my name and i printed her the pic of my exhaust.

but i am planning on snooping around that place and trying to digg up stuff.

oh here is the pic of my exhaust btw. haha my name is etched on the bottom of the JASMA stamp. lol

*removed the pic*

Mi Beardo es Loco
05-13-2008, 09:47 PM
great job with the picture. That pic will prob get your exhaust back. You really have to push the cop to get your stuff because it's just too easy to hide the stuff and act stupid when the police show up. act legally but aggressively to get it back.

HyperTek
05-13-2008, 09:47 PM
remove ur pic they could alter it

Mi Beardo es Loco
05-13-2008, 09:52 PM
true. I wouldn't say anything until the issue is resolved. There could be a lil spy on here. trust me those ki nds of places do stuff like that.

all show no go
05-13-2008, 09:59 PM
oh hell.. i hope you get all your stuff back, And REALLY hope you get to the very bottom of all this and someone gets busted for good, they also would need to be made an example of too.. to strike fear in the rest of thieves to maybe rethink stealing someones car. oh yeah ^^^ agreed too, you really should take that pic down, dont take chances, the crooks could visit zilvia for all we know.

TooForOh
05-13-2008, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the advice

Aeroscraper326
05-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Haha fuck yes! subscribed. Give them what they deserve.

MADE
05-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Just curious........ but lets say you reprocured your exhaust and you never had a reciept selling it and it was reported stolen. What can the police do to you, seriously they said it nothing they could do?

Jung918
05-13-2008, 11:55 PM
They might be setting something up to shut them down. Don't go fuck up their operation.
Just be patient and don't stir the pot

strongbads240
05-14-2008, 12:08 AM

+1 ur a smart man......still think we should go over there and start kicking people in the nuts!!:bow:

yunk_s14
05-14-2008, 12:13 AM
wow that is awsome i am now subscribed

HyperTek
05-14-2008, 04:01 PM
hey i was watching ABC 7 news just now, and they talked about some guy who got his golf clubs stolen, and saw them on craigslist, he contacted the seller, told him he was interested and went to go look at em, and they where his. He called the police and they arrested the thief. So maybe they will work things out with you since you already figured ur stuff is there.

Yuri
05-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Didn't work with my Kei office wheels that were put up for sale on club4ag 1 year after they were stolen.
The police said unless they were the only set made or something I couldn't do anything about it.

However, at work we've had 1 (set) of a kind wheels stolen, and have succesfully had police arrest the theives when they tried to sell them.

which makes me glad my current wheels are the only set of their style ever built.

Good luck with your exhaust.

ESmorz
05-14-2008, 04:39 PM
When I first read the title I though it said "Car Got Stolen and Saw Someone With My Pants"

I was like damn dude that's a kick in the nuts lol

slider2828
05-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow waiting or updates... There is some form of justice I guess....

an_orange_s2k
05-14-2008, 06:11 PM
is this the same shady 240 dealership posted up not too long ago??

RiversideS13
05-14-2008, 06:19 PM
i honestly think you should delete any info about the dealership and your part or you will blow the operation

TiNMAN
05-14-2008, 06:21 PM
theyre probably griding/shaving down your name as we speak.

evil lurks

UNDFTD
05-15-2008, 12:55 AM
evil lurks

theres probably a worker from united reading this right now on his account with 500 posts.

rainier
05-15-2008, 01:00 AM
tell you what, call a news station or email them, ask them what they can do, tell them the history of whats been going on with that shop. theyll do some investigation or some shit.

jackjack
05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
crazy shet man. hope everything works out. i HATE theives. i'll check back.

Flipzide
05-15-2008, 10:36 AM
wow good luck on recovering your exhaust! i'm looking forward to more updates :)

s14_legend
05-15-2008, 11:01 AM
seriously man i wish you the best of luck...to many damn thieves in this world, arghhhhhhhhhh

duffman1278
05-15-2008, 11:13 AM
You should definitely try calling a local news station, they'll go crazy on them.

ericcastro
05-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Worst case senario. walk in with a couple friends. let them know its yours. if they are dicks about it and refuse to give it back and give you the information of the people they bought it off of.

just ask them,
"is replaceing your plate glass window once a month for 6 months gonna cost you less than giving my exhaust back??"

UNDFTD
05-15-2008, 11:48 AM
"is replaceing your plate glass window once a month for 6 months gonna cost you less than giving my exhaust back??"

well, threatening is gonna get you in trouble. Try to drop a dam I hope nothing happens to this lot, because you guys are awesome... something that if they want to they can pull evidence on you.

Bobafreak
05-15-2008, 11:48 AM
^^ WOOO that is ruthless Castro but i like!

rubelcon
05-15-2008, 11:55 AM
is this the same shady 240 dealership posted up not too long ago??

Yup, sure is.

ericcastro
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Ive done that shit before and followed through in my youth.

If they have your stolen parts, are completely guilty, or wont let you know who the car came from.

then they arent gonna say shit. they know at that point that you both are playing outside the law. they started it, so finish.

and if its a car lot, fuck it, cinderblock onto there cars. they could have insurance for the window. make it hurt.

PLUS, carfax the car with your exhaust, and find the previous owner, swoop by his house in a non 240 car and peep his driveway. is his 240 on your rims???

strongbads240
05-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Ive done that shit before and followed through in my youth.

If they have your stolen parts, are completely guilty, or wont let you know who the car came from.

then they arent gonna say shit. they know at that point that you both are playing outside the law. they started it, so finish.

and if its a car lot, fuck it, cinderblock onto there cars. they could have insurance for the window. make it hurt.

PLUS, carfax the car with your exhaust, and find the previous owner, swoop by his house in a non 240 car and peep his driveway. is his 240 on your rims???

:bite: damn thugish.........i like it hahahah :keke:

TooForOh
05-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Well here's a update since everyone seems really interested. haha

Well I seeked legal advice from my friends father who told me that if i dont have a receipt with the date of purchase of the exhaust LEGALLY i cant sue the owner of the car that has my exhaust.

And when i talked to the police about it they said exactly what Yuri said

Didn't work with my Kei office wheels that were put up for sale on club4ag 1 year after they were stolen.
The police said unless they were the only set made or something I couldn't do anything about it.

Also i doubt those people at that dealer even know how to turn on a computer let alone browse the off topic section of zilvia. haha

If anything they would be on the for sale section like 95% of zilvia.

but anywho i thought about it and im just going to let the police do what they do (whatever that is) and wait for an update with them.

I might just visit the dealer to snoop around all thugish like. =)

90KAcoupe
05-15-2008, 04:55 PM
if ur gonna wait on the police.. ur probably screwed... i would go up to them.. and ask them how they got the exhuast..if they try to be douches about it.. then tell them ur gonna do this legally.. and go out side and take pictures of the exhuast on the car. and show them that it has ur name engraved on it.. and how u have a picture of it on ur car..

ESmorz
05-15-2008, 06:15 PM

And a few cans of engine enamel.

You didn't hear it here though...

Phlip
05-15-2008, 06:19 PM
What would happen if you GOT your exhaust back with the help of the po-po, then they swung by the house and reffed you for it?

VROOOM
05-15-2008, 06:22 PM
What would happen if you GOT your exhaust back with the help of the po-po, then they swung by the house and reffed you for it?

LOL, i wouldnt doubt it.

TooForOh
05-15-2008, 07:01 PM

That just made my day.

=)

Oo_Skyline_oO
05-16-2008, 12:52 AM
hahaha, seriously, eric's post was the most helpfull post in my opinion, show up pretending to be interested in buying the car. act like a complete idiot and ask say you havent ever seen an exhaust like that and ask them where they got it and if you could get contact information for whom they got the exhaust from. if they act shady show them the picture of the exhaust on your car, and tell them you have the receipt and that you have a lawyer ready to do this legally. if they sh*it on you for saying anything and you feel theres absolutely no hope in them cooperating then ask them what eric said in the most discreet, ambiguous manner you could, but make sure they understand the severity of the situation. Sadly, I really doubt the police are any help in your situation. my stereo has been stolen 3 times. the first time in orange, police made a report, took prints off the car, 4 years later not one call. second time complete car got stolen and an officer found it in LA stripped. third time, in Santa ana, the police said they weren't even going to send an officer out, and that they were going to do absolutely NOTHING about it. they basically just said "hope your insurance covers it" so GOOD LUCK MAN I really hope justice is serverd

HyperTek
05-16-2008, 01:20 AM
hmm thats kinda why im skeptical about the "ghetto" low jack setup that you use a gps cell phone to track... you would probably report your car stolen and report that your gps says the car is at this location, the cops would probably be like "so what?"

JeremyR
05-16-2008, 01:35 AM
they'd rather do random pull overs and ref tickets than actually find criminals. fuck em.

HyperTek
05-18-2008, 07:58 PM
you gotta pull people over to find criminals lmao
if someone stole ur sr powered car, you would hope a cop randomly pulls it over lol

Ineedparts
05-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Walk into this place with a video camera rolling and start asking questions, then take this footage and your story to the media. If you can, get footage of the exhaust and your name. As soon as they realize you inscribed your name they will scratch it off, losing your best peice of evidence.

downshift_sideways
05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
How about you go to the shop, let him know that is your exhaust and how your car was recently stolen. show them pictures of the exhaust along with a police report.

Tell him you are trying to settle this small claims between you and him.
Make sure you let him know that there will be a 3rd party, along with legal actions of he refuses. Be professional and courteous as well. Don't act like a thug or a punk.

The police honestly will not do a damn thing about it.
Even tho you have pictures of it, on your car...they will not even deal with it. However if the car was reported stolen, and you tried to get it back at the time. They would allow you to have your possessions back.

Small and big dealerships make tons of money from all their cars on their lot...I'm very sure they would not mind giving you back what is yours if you have all the evident. Hundreds of people everyday lowball dealerships left and right, and they drop the prices of cars.
This seems to be a petty loss. 100-200$ shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck man.

Update us.

EDIT: Why don't you go visit the shop regardless and check to see if your name is truly engraved on it still, and has not been tampered with (sanded off etc...) Who knows, maybe its not your's and your making a big deal out of wishful thinking.

handinpants
05-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Aside from my alarm and lo jack I think I'm going to put my name on everything in the car

handinpants
05-19-2008, 01:29 PM
If a person is in possession of stolen property, regardless if they had stolen it or not, they can be charged with possession of stolen property, as well as conspiracy to possess stolen property, and since they are a licensed business in California they would more than likely have a record of where your muffler came from. I would write a letter to the attorney general in your area about their business and their potential illegal activity.
Or You know you could just wear some disguise, I would wear a clown suit with balloons, walk in kill everyone in the business, leave the balloons and leave. And since the police are watching it all yheyy have is a clown to go after!
Joking,
But seriously if a person is in posession

DohcKA
05-23-2008, 05:58 AM

yes yes... you know it...

dude... you should be cuts hassle the cops about the situation