PDA

View Full Version : Is he for real? 57 states?

RJF
05-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I must have missed something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Or maybe there is something?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080512115317AAWyaio

aziankingz
05-13-2008, 12:03 PM
he wants to be president of america...and then some..

lol he said he has one more to go..after 57 states..

IStop4NoMan
05-13-2008, 12:04 PM
yeah im pretty sure he meant to say 47 states.
47 + the one he didnt go to and alaska and hawaii = 50

or maybe he just cant count?:confused:

azndoc
05-13-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm sure that he's still smarter than Bush.

So it doesn't make a difference to me.

HyperTek
05-13-2008, 12:09 PM
lets not forget norcal, socal, las vegas, mexico and canada those are states too

SW20Racer
05-13-2008, 12:09 PM
its kinda funny but i couldnt care less...

i trip up my words all the time. God forbid i ever step foot in front of a tv camera

just1pepsi
05-13-2008, 12:14 PM
The guy has been campaigning nonstop since before January.. Thats gotta wear on ya.
Once in awhile I expect it, nobody is perfect.
Bush on the other hand says stupider, and more unintelligable stuff daily.

BustedS13
05-13-2008, 12:17 PM
that was either a joke or he meant 47, can't really tell.

and i'm tired of the "barrack's a secret muslim" bullshit. if he is, i could give a fuck. i'm not a christian, so none of the candidates' religions means shit to me anyway.

RJF
05-13-2008, 12:21 PM

I also didn't realize that Bush was on the ballot.

murda-c
05-13-2008, 12:22 PM

mccain is turning into dubya:the sequel

LongGrain
05-13-2008, 12:22 PM
that was either a joke or he meant 47, can't really tell.

and i'm tired of the "barrack's a secret muslim" bullshit. if he is, i could give a fuck. i'm not a christian, so none of the candidates' religions means shit to me anyway.

my thoughts exactly, it sounded like a joke to me, you could even hear the crowd give a chuckle, but if he did just slip up his words, big deal...

azndoc
05-13-2008, 12:23 PM

Geez Bob of course I know that Bush isn't on the ballot.

Nevermind....

eastcoastS14
05-13-2008, 12:30 PM
ok first of all it seems like he was joking.....

second, Id take a presidential candidate...who is most likely exhausted btw, saying 57 states rather than

"We want people owning their home -- we want people owning a businesses." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 18, 2008

"Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech." --George W. Bush, to Pope Benedict, Washington, D.C., April 15, 2008

"Removing Saddam Hussein was the right decision early in my presidency, it is the right decision now, and it will be the right decision ever." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 12, 2008

I don't particularly like it when people put words in my mouth, either, by the way, unless I say it." --George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, Nov. 10, 2007

and the list goes on and on and on and on and the Muslim thing is dumb....he's not muslim the most recent scandal was about his reverend.....reverend

and, even if he was muslim....who the fuck cares??? I mean really? Are we as a nation only supposed to be comfortable with white christians running our country? Its not like all muslims are muslim extremists or anywhere near that end of the spectrum....would you assume a christian guy was in the klan? or If a jewish dude was running for president would it bother you? give me a break with this shit.....the irony of republicans pointing out someone messing up in a speech while bush is our president is mind boggling >.<

just1pepsi
05-13-2008, 12:30 PM

Diddnt know that was an issue. AFAIK hes Christian.. not that it matters to me.. I could really care less.

BustedS13
05-13-2008, 12:51 PM

+1

no matter who winds up winning, we'll have a better president. no need to bring up bush, he's gone in less than a year.

Phlip
05-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Did I ever mention how incredibly intensely I detest election years, for JUST this kind of thing?

BustedS13
05-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Did I ever mention how incredibly intensely I detest election years, for JUST this kind of thing?

it's not even the year itself. it's the year running up to it, too. you only get like two years off before it's back to the political shitstorm.

05-13-2008, 01:28 PM
We all know what he meant. Im sure John Stewart or Colbert will like this one.

flip3d
05-13-2008, 03:24 PM
He would make a good news anchor. He has the voice and personality for it.

Tonight on channel 7 news... :P

timlush
05-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Definitely sounded like he was joking. Exaggerating the fact that he has been all over the country and then some.

90hatchie
05-13-2008, 04:07 PM
im voting for mccaine

Akiros
05-13-2008, 04:13 PM
maybe im missing something bc im browsing on my phone, but did this guy even cite his source for this info? seems like a ridiculous thing to target obama for, even if it is true.

CKAMC
05-13-2008, 04:19 PM
he's a little worn out, because hillary won't give up... even at 3am lol

he had an interview on cnn where he convered a lot of idea's on how to fix things with detail

either way he has my vote

A Spec Products
05-13-2008, 04:23 PM
I like Obama

He seems actually "human" to me

I don't understand how they have the energy to go all over the country and give speech after speech, interview after interview, and keep doing it while getting hammered by the press

fliprayzin240sx
05-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Didnt you get the memo...we'll have 57 states by the time he's done. Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Palestine, North Korea and Pakistan if they dont get their shit right...

blasting_speed
05-13-2008, 07:21 PM
What a douche bag. He should of caught himself. He's a black G.W. Jr. ahahahahah Hooray for America.

eastcoastS14
05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
^^ not even close.......at all

flip3d
05-13-2008, 08:54 PM
All politicians are the same. They say whatever to get into office then fuck you.

That's how it's always been. Ever since Prescott Bush, J.P. Morgan, and all the other elite bankers founded the Federal Reserve Bank.

As long as people are paying taxes... That's all that matters.

raz0rbladez909
05-13-2008, 09:05 PM
All politicians are the same. They say whatever to get into office then fuck you.

Couldn't have said it better myself, i just want to live my daily life without being bothered by new taxes, or price increases on this or that, 4-5 bucks a gallon is garbage.

gabe30
05-13-2008, 09:26 PM
im still voting for him..

bros over hoes. obama 08

allntrlundrgrnd
05-13-2008, 09:36 PM
its kinda funny but i couldnt care less...

i trip up my words all the time. God forbid i ever step foot in front of a tv camera

Forreal, if someone taped all the things i fuck up while trying to speak, you'd probably expect me to be wearing a bib and a helmet. :drool:

but seriously, I like Obama, at least more than Hilldog, He seems like an honest, decent guy that could help change our countries ways.

theronin
05-13-2008, 10:47 PM
i find it funny. if Bush woulda made this kind of comment it would have been plastered all over the front page, and everyone would be all over him for it. however Obama says something that any 5th grader knows and its suddenly just chalked up to him being tired, or getting a little confused. if that was a joke than he has the worst delivery of anyone ive ever seen.

cuddlesthesheep
05-13-2008, 11:06 PM
i think its a joke.. but man i'm not sure.. he got no reaction either so he should have been like... that was a joke.

god i can't believe the people that refuse to believe he is not a muslim and that he was sworn in the koran. People just spread rumors and the retards that end up voting for McCain or Clinton believe it.

CKAMC
05-13-2008, 11:36 PM
i think some of the people here are racist... :ugh:

LongGrain
05-13-2008, 11:43 PM
i think its a joke.. but man i'm not sure.. he got no reaction either so he should have been like... that was a joke.

god i can't believe the people that refuse to believe he is not a muslim and that he was sworn in the koran. People just spread rumors and the retards that end up voting for McCain or Clinton believe it.

listen closely, the crowd gives a decent chuckle...

eastcoastS14
05-13-2008, 11:51 PM
i find it funny. if Bush woulda made this kind of comment it would have been plastered all over the front page, and everyone would be all over him for it. however Obama says something that any 5th grader knows and its suddenly just chalked up to him being tired, or getting a little confused. if that was a joke than he has the worst delivery of anyone ive ever seen.

nah Im sure ppl gave bush some leeway the first time he said something retarded......but bush continues to constantly fuck up over and over and over, to the point that its a joke, doesnt help that his father did the same shit.....and if anything the only news outlets covering it are the daily show and colbert report.....funny or serious, its funny that he said it....does anyone here for one second believe that he actually does not know how many states their are? Whatever, the guy either made a dumbass mistake or has bad comedic timing......Bush is a completely different story because not only does he fuck up facts but its questionable as to whether or not he has any real ability to speak proper english, IMO the countless bushisms far out way this quote in every way

DanS14RB
05-13-2008, 11:52 PM
lets not forget norcal, socal, las vegas, mexico and canada those are states too

LOL!! He must have miscounted or he knows something we don't know

SW20Racer
05-14-2008, 12:03 AM
i think some of the people here are racist... :ugh:

alot of people here are quick to accuse you of being a bigot as well.

didnt you see what happened when i said "fuck mexico, im going to africa"
in the context of "fuck going to mexico"?

it was a knee slapper. all but two people got it, two people just itching to pull a race card in the poker game of life.

WanganRunner
05-14-2008, 01:07 PM

Yeah, seriously, last I checked, there was no "official religion" of the United States.

Shit, I *would* call myself a Christian, but I'm starting to think that we might all be better off with either an athiest or an EXTREMELY secular-leaning person in the White House. No need to mix religion up with running the country.

I'm also generally a Libertarian who believes that the kind of things that religious people have an opinion on politically (abortion, legalization of ganja, gay marriage) aren't things that the government has any motherfucking business regulating in the first place.

/unsolicited rant

eastcoastS14
05-14-2008, 01:10 PM
sometimes I feel like people in this country have forgotten seperation of church and state

cc4usmc
05-14-2008, 01:17 PM

I think he was trying to say that if Obama was elected, we'd still be better off then when Bush was pres.

iwishiwas-all*
05-14-2008, 04:34 PM

So it doesn't make a difference to me.

+1857869708970899759687923

who the fuck cares, he is our best bet this election.... fuck mann.

iwishiwas-all*
05-14-2008, 04:50 PM
I care. Wouldn't we be a huge laughing stock to have a Muslim president, considering were at war with Muslim extremists. I understand it might not be true that he is Muslim, im only saying...

I think he was trying to say that if Obama was elected, we'd still be better off then when Bush was pres.

there is a difference between muslims and muslim extremists... it could only help if we had a muslim president and frankly it shouldn't matter at all, he could worship fucking pig vomit for all I care, he is the commander and chief not a religious leader per the constitution's "separation of church and state". To think think that we would be a laughing stock of the world with a muslim president is just fucking ignorant, just like the bulk of the americans who bring up this 'muslim' argument.....

now I am inferring alot here but you wouldnt have said said it mattered if you understood the difference between an extremist and someone who practices the 2nd largest religion on earth (this all coming from a christian).

you are def. right though, we will be better off than bush so it doesnt matter at this point

BustedS13
05-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I care. Wouldn't we be a huge laughing stock to have a Muslim president, considering were at war with Muslim extremists.

we're at war with terrorists who happen to be muslim extremists. we're not at war because we disagree with their religion.
and not all muslims are extremists. just like not all baptists picket funerals.

OBEEWON
05-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I like O'Bama but the only way to fix stuff is if we elect an overwieght janitor from Ohio as president. Politicians are ALL sellouts to some extent.

If somehow the Presidency wasn't desirable...

jackjack
05-15-2008, 10:14 AM
whatever. people analyze things too much anyway. meh.... who cares. like i said before.... its not like things are going to change anyway.

mrmephistopheles
05-15-2008, 10:23 AM
We're Screwed

IN '08!

WanganRunner
05-15-2008, 10:29 AM
there is a difference between muslims and muslim extremists... it could only help if we had a muslim president and frankly it shouldn't matter at all, he could worship fucking pig vomit for all I care, he is the commander and chief not a religious leader per the constitution's "separation of church and state". To think think that we would be a laughing stock of the world with a muslim president is just fucking ignorant, just like the bulk of the americans who bring up this 'muslim' argument.....

now I am inferring alot here but you wouldnt have said said it mattered if you understood the difference between an extremist and someone who practices the 2nd largest religion on earth (this all coming from a christian).

you are def. right though, we will be better off than bush so it doesnt matter at this point

LOL, I had actually typed up a whole long-ass post saying almost precisely the same thing, but then decided not to even put it up because I thought it would just get flamed. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Religious extremists are always a problem. At the moment they happen to be from the middle east, in a hundred years they'll be from somewhere else. That doesn't mean that we need to have some kind of widespread fear of a religion encompassing a billion people that has existed largely peacefully for a couple thousand years.

It is a BIG mistake to simplify the current situation into "United States versus the Muslim World". Not only is that an unwinnable proposition by any measure, but it's also idiotic to lump people and nations who are otherwise friends and allies together with those who wish us harm.