PDA

View Full Version : anyone get "unsafe start?"

seto_s14
05-12-2008, 03:24 PM
has anyone received a ticket for "unsafe start." i won't disclose what happened since this is a public forum but does anyone know how much these go for in california and how many points they are?

my defense is that it was raining, tires are slick. any advice? thanks

stiizy
05-12-2008, 03:27 PM
so you launched off the light and a cop caught you right??? they don't go for much i got one in my STi and said it was due to my clutch haha.. after everything it was a 45 dollar ticket in New York though

kensreliableb18b
05-12-2008, 03:27 PM
its like a typical moving violation. if you havent already taken traffic school within the past 1.5 years you'll be able to clear the point. as for the fine, it depends on a number of things, including weather conditions, day/night, heavy/light traffic, location. and where did u get it? la county? or oc county? la county you can take online traffic school while oc you cannot.

Dorifto89
05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I got one a couple years ago for roasting some tires out of a parking lot. I passed a cop while doing it and pulled over to wait for him. The cop pulled up and asked what I was doing and I told him "I'm in teenager in a modified car...these things happen sometimes"

He let me off.

seto_s14
05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
i got it in irvine, and no, i haven't gotten a moving violation before so i guess i can be eligble for traffic school. but if i fight the ticket and lose, is it true that i won't be eligible for traffic school?

i've also heard that it's a good idea to get an extension for the court date as late as possible. is that true?

aNskY
05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I got one a couple years ago for roasting

some tires out of a parking lot. ............. ............ ............. ........... .

He let me off.

:wtf: :cj:

:fawk:

ESmorz
05-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I got one a couple years ago for roasting some tires out of a parking lot. I passed a cop while doing it and pulled over to wait for him. The cop pulled up and asked what I was doing and I told him "I'm in teenager in a modified car...these things happen sometimes"

He then pulled me out of the car and beat me like Rodney

Fixed that for you.

LongGrain
05-12-2008, 06:07 PM
they call that "unnecessary acceleration" where i'm from, its just a noise violation here, ive had 2 of them, both of them were bullshit.

kensreliableb18b
05-12-2008, 06:21 PM
i got it in irvine, and no, i haven't gotten a moving violation before so i guess i can be eligble for traffic school. but if i fight the ticket and lose, is it true that i won't be eligible for traffic school?

i've also heard that it's a good idea to get an extension for the court date as late as possible. is that true?

depends on the judge, but being that you got this in oc and i know how oc judges are, if you fight it, no way he/shes gonna give you traffic school.

and extensions only do you good if you plan on fighting it in court. again, honestly, theres no point being that you got it in oc (oc courts dont extend their dates as long as la court dates--my la county tickets got extended to almost a year, where oc ones only a 1 1/2 month-2 max--give or take depending on which court). just take the traffic school and move one.

just my advice to ya. good luck.

2ilvia
05-12-2008, 08:54 PM
add excessive neg camber to your defense..;)

gabe30
05-12-2008, 08:59 PM
im pretty sure its a single point. double points are like DUI's and severe traffic issues. double points are not something anyone wants. its a pain to work through.

i know that every ticket/violation is a single point. i took the online traffic school and read a little of it.

seto_s14
05-13-2008, 12:09 AM
depends on the judge, but being that you got this in oc and i know how oc judges are, if you fight it, no way he/shes gonna give you traffic school.

and extensions only do you good if you plan on fighting it in court. again, honestly, theres no point being that you got it in oc (oc courts dont extend their dates as long as la court dates--my la county tickets got extended to almost a year, where oc ones only a 1 1/2 month-2 max--give or take depending on which court). just take the traffic school and move one.

just my advice to ya. good luck.

so when would be a good time to fight a ticket? if for sure i'm ineligible for traffic school, right?

sorry but got one more question. if i find out that the cop shows up to court, can i plead guilty and take the traffic school? or would it be too late by then?

tattoo131313
05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
They used to call it "improper start of a stopped vehicle"

gabe30
05-13-2008, 10:53 AM
my friend got one a couple months ago.. it was just simply "reckless driving"

kensreliableb18b
05-13-2008, 11:08 AM
so when would be a good time to fight a ticket? if for sure i'm ineligible for traffic school, right?

sorry but got one more question. if i find out that the cop shows up to court, can i plead guilty and take the traffic school? or would it be too late by then?

pretty much. fight it when you no longer have the traffic school option, have good odds that the cop wont show up, or have a totally legitimate chance at winning the case (not just simply your opinion on the situation with no evidence).

as for pleading guilty real quick once seeing the cop, depends on when you see the cop, if you see the cop outside the courtroom before your case is called, try your best to tell the judge ASAP that you dont wanna fight it anymore and u wanna take traffic school. and then its in the hands of the judge (sorry to sound like a broken record, but again, oc judges from my experience are pricks oh and btw, they're not stupid--they know what you're trying to do. comes down to whether or not they wanna be nice) your call.

Dorifto89
05-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Fixed that for you.

He let me off because I wasn't aggressive/didn't argue anything whatsoever. It's a cold day in hell when you can [B]argue[B] your way out of a ticket. I told him, "Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do". What he did was let me off. As I recall it he said something like, "I don't know why I'm doing this, I get PAID to do this, but I'm not writing you a ticket today; get out of here".

Dorifto89
05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
:wtf: :cj:

:fawk:

*I was pulled over for an "unsafe start".

Happy?

FRpilot
05-13-2008, 08:41 PM

He let me off.

wow you said that and it worked!?

i guess he appreciated you pulling over for him knowing you were at fault and weren't a smartass to him and didnt deny anything.

you must have felt really fortunate.

chibo
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM

i guess he appreciated you pulling over for him knowing you were at fault and weren't a smartass to him and didnt deny anything.

you must have felt really fortunate.I've been there. My first car was my dad's track toy Mini-S with a ported blower, 21% in supercharger pulley, etc and I ended up racing a GTO down a side road in the rain after curfew. I did a burnout off the stoplight there and was immediately pulled by a cop. He asked me what I was doing and told him "Being a fucking dumbass". He let me go and told me to quit driving like a retard.

Dorifto89
05-13-2008, 08:52 PM

you must have felt really fortunate.

It's all about keeping a level head. Even if you are getting a ticket, there's no point in changing your demeanor from smart to smart ass.

Cool, calm, and collected is the way to go. If you want to fight a ticket, follow the appropriate means to do so. You don't need to say anything beyond "OK"; maybe a "take 'er easy" as the conversation terminates.

Koopa Troopa
05-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Damn, thank god you don't get crap like that here.. My Minicab doesn't even get traction in the rain..

Get a prostarter in your car and catch that cop again :rofl:

bo2o
05-23-2008, 05:04 PM
you live around san gabriel rite?

next time you get a ticket anywhere else or here.. ask them where the court is.

and then tell them oh thats far for me is there any way i can change this to LA serpior court.? or i think you juss tell him you want to change it to la . forgot how that goes but then the cop has to show up for that court after you ask to have a trial. if he doesnt show its dismissed.

you need to tell the judge not guilty then he might ask explain your self. then say say blah and blah rain plus worn out tires and stick shift.

and he will give you a trial date to come back but if the cop doesnt show to tell his side of story they your off scott free

and since its in la its furtest away from him cops dont like to travel out there.

if that counts as reckless drving doesnt that mean its 2 points?

DohcKA
05-24-2008, 03:10 AM
haha... stop peeling out when its not neccessary... knock on wood haha

Bubbles
05-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Years ago coming out of the movie lot on a Friday night my buddy took off fast, so I stomped it to catch him and the tires broke loose(unsafe start) then I proceeded to make an illegal lane change(no signal) as I broke the speed limit on the main strip to catch up.

Turns out a cop saw all of this.

Got away with a warning.

Did I mention I wasn't wearing a seatbelt?

seto_s14
05-24-2008, 10:48 PM
well fuck my luck then