PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket help???!!!

deadpirate
05-11-2008, 11:31 PM
ok I live in so cal and I got a speeding ticket on friday the 9th and I was looking at the ticket and the officer put down on the date as 5-8-08 and on his signature he put down 5-8-08 but on the day of the ticket part was friday and the day of the ticket was 5-9-08 and I was always under the impression that every thing on the ticket has to be 100% accurate soooo is this ticket void because the info is not correct any info would help thanks guys

Vision Garage
05-11-2008, 11:35 PM
That would be based on the decision of the judge. If he feels like throwing it out he can. A small mistake like that will be on his judgement on whether he wants to do you IN THE BUTT...On MYSPACE or not!

eastcoastS14
05-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Im gonna go out on a limb and say that I doubt that the date on the ticket really matters. Im not sure about the actual rule but i dont see how that could affect your case...unless you tried to tell him that you werent driving on that date and then you would need an alibi and the fact still remains that you recieved a ticket on either the 8th or the 9th, and im willing to bet most judges wont be willing to throw out a ticket over an incorect date....but i could be wrong

Matej
05-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Should've had duct tape on your plate. :keke:

I've gotten a ticket on which the officer completely misspelled my name beyond recognition, I don't know how accomplished that when he was just copying it off my license, but I still had to pay it.

deadpirate
05-11-2008, 11:47 PM
i just dont want to pay i could afford it but im tired of giving my money to the goverment

MADE
05-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Happen to me he put the wrong color car and something else. But he has your license number, VIN and other things to prove it was you and mine didn't get thrown out and yours probably won't either. Best thing I've seen that is a sure thing is go to court and hope he doesn't show.

DUFFM4N
05-12-2008, 12:15 AM
the ticket isnt void...you will still have to go to court, you can choose to fight it or not...might not be worth the time though if the judge doesnt decide to throw it out.

you also have to think about if you choose to fight it and lose, there goes your chance to attend traffic school

Beebo
05-12-2008, 12:34 AM
I've gotten a ticket on which the officer completely misspelled my name beyond recognition, I don't know how accomplished that when he was just copying it off my license, but I still had to pay it.
The same thing happened to me about a year ago. i payed it anyways because i dint want any trouble.
Should've had duct tape on your plate. :keke:
please tell me this isnt the same guy lol.
if it is then :rofl: :Owned:
how much is the ticket? if its alot then at least try to get out of it, but if it isnt that much then id go ahead and pay it.

RiversideS13
05-12-2008, 01:02 AM
i had a friend got out of it because he put the license plate number wrong.

Sil-Abc
05-12-2008, 03:26 AM
too lazy to read all the posts but this is what they do, any mistakes on a ticket, they will correct and send u a copy of the corrections made to the ticket (ie: date, violations/numbers, misspellings, court dates,license plate info). most of them r for minor errors on the tickets but if its a major error like citing you for the wrong thing such as speed contest instead of speeding they can throw the ticket out since they cited u for the wrong thing. they will only throw it out IF theres a major issue/problem, this is how they get paid so they wont throw it away unless theres a good chance they might lose.

forgot to mention, its all different based on counties and departments and citing officiers. they can just throw it out even if its small just because they r too lazy to make the corrections and the courts decide it to be errors or whatever. most of the time its up to them but they are supposed to make corrections but they have to deal with hundreds of tickets so yea

fliprayzin240sx
05-12-2008, 03:56 AM
Its up to the judge. Ive seen a judge say well thanks for the correction and admitting that you were speeding, Your fine is $320.